Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ True Love ❯ Chapter 13

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

True Love
Chapter Thirteen
AN: Well here it is the next chapter…took me long enough eh? Sorry about that, I've been a little busy with life. I hope the next chapter won't take me as long... Enjoy.
-------------------------------------
“Do you guys want to take a break?” Michiru started to go cross eyed from all the words she had been reading for the past hour.
“Sure,” Ami put her book down while Haruka stared out the window. “I'll get something to drink,” Michiru stood from the floor and went into the kitchen. Haruka stretched her back then stood also, “I'm going to get some fresh air,” she walked into the hallway, “Haruka, its freezing outside,” Ami watched as Haruka put on her winter coat and shoes.
“I don't mind the cold,” she opened the door and walked outside, Ami was left standing there looking at the closed door.
“Ami…Haruka…where did you guys go?” Michiru stood in the living room holding a tray with three mugs on it. Ami came back into the room hugging herself, “Where's Haruka?” Michiru sat the tray on the coffee table, “He went outside.”
“What? Why…?” Ami sat down on the couch and took the mug in her hands, “He wanted to get some fresh air.” Michiru closed her eyes and sighed, “Are you okay Michiru?” Ami was concerned for both her friends; one seemed to be in Neverland while the other was getting frustrated over the other.
“Yeah…I'm fine…” Michiru plunked herself on the couch and sipped her drink, `If she wants to freeze to death be my guest.' Ami looked over at the clock, fifteen minutes had gone by since he had gone out there, she looked back at Michiru who had been staring at the clock and not blinking her eyes for the last fifteen minutes.
“That's it…” Michiru stood from the couch and went over to the front door grabbed her coat and put her boats on then she opened the door and a big gust of cold wind hit her in the face. She stepped outside into the freezing weather and wrapped her arms around herself. `When did it start snowing,' she thought as she spotted Haruka's figure leaning on the tree.
“Haruka!” The wind nipped at her face, “What are you doing out here…it's freezing.” Haruka looked at her with those teal eyes of hers, the ones that could look past your faults and right into your soul. No reply was given; Michiru reached out and touched Haruka's hand with her warm one.
“Your hands are ice cold,” she held Haruka's hands together and put her hands on top to keep them warm.
“Why don't you come back inside with me,” she looked into Haruka's sad eyes. “I can't…” Haruka whispered, “What you mean you can't…” Michiru looked at her confused. Haruka shook her head and closed her eyes, “I can't be your…friend anymore.” It was know more than a whisper but it rang in Michiru's ear loudly. Haruka pulled her hands away from Michiru's warm ones and ran off down the street. Michiru stood there in the blowing snow confused about why she said that.
-------------------------------------------
Michiru stood in the hallway at school with two back packs, “Do you think he'll come today?” Ami stood beside her watching all the students come through the front doors of the school covered in snow.
“I hope so,” what she had said yesterday disturbed her.
“There's Haruka…” Ami pointed over to the entrance.
`Good she came,' “I might be late for class that's if she'll talk to me,” Michiru walked off toward her friend. `Her?' Ami walked to her classroom pondering this, `I thought Haruka was a boy.'
“Haruka wait up…” Michiru yelled out behind a group of kids that were blocking the passage way. Haruka turned to look at the person yelling at her, Michiru squeezed her way through all the kids and eventually caught up to her.
“What would you like Michiru?” It sounded like a forced reply.
“Why can't you be my friend anymore?” Michiru tightened her grip on her and Haruka's bag strap that she carried.
“Are friendship won't last Michiru.” Her voice sounded so unfamiliar like she was holding back her emotion.
“I don't believe that Haruka…” Michiru grabbed hold of Haruka's wrist making her stop in her tracks, “Please don't Michiru,” she mumbled.
“It's the only way I can get you to look at me…” Michiru tried to get her to look at her but she refused to look in her eyes. “Haruka…you are my best friend...” she lowered her head and looked down at their feet. “You were my only friend in public school…now I have more friends than I can count because of you.” Michiru started to tremble, Haruka looked at the top of her head since she was looking down, she couldn't believe what Michiru was saying to her…
“I have to go now…” She couldn't bear to hear anymore so like always she left Michiru standing there all alone. Michiru leaned against the locker and closed her eyes, she held herself as she slide down the locker and now sat on the floor. `I will always be your friend no matter what happens.'
-----------------------------------
Michiru's room was dark even though it was still light outside, in the corner of the room sat Michiru on the floor, she had her knees brought up to her chest with her arms wrapped around them. A light knock broke the silence of the running water from the fish tank, the door opened slightly and in stuck Yori's head.
“Michiru, may I come in?” she looked over to the corner of the room, “If you want,” she mumbled. Yori opened the door all the way and walked inside the room.
“Is everything alright?” she sat on the bed and looked at her daughter with concern.
“Everything is fine mom,” Michiru legs were now Indian style and she rested her head against the wall. “Are you sure…it looks like you have a lot on your mind lately.” Yori stood from the bed and went over to the window and opened the curtains.
“I'm fine mom really,” Yori looked at Michiru with uncertainty, “Alright…” Yori gave up on trying to find out what was bothering her daughter for now, she came closer to Michiru and bent over and kissed her on the head.
“If you need anything, I don't have to go to work for two more hours, okay?” Michiru nodded her head and watched her mother leave the room.
--------------------------------------
“Mom…” Michiru entered the kitchen were her mother was making supper for her and her father. “Yes,” Yori stopped cutting a carrot and looked at Michiru,
“Umm…can you do me a favour?” Michiru looked pleading at her mother.
“Depends on what it is?”
“Can you give me a ride somewhere?” Yori raised her eyebrows, Michiru never asked for something like that before. “And where is this somewhere?” she went back to her chopping while Michiru came closer to her.
“To…Haruka's…I'd walk but it's snowy and icy out there,” Yori looked out the window, the snow was blowing in every which direction. “Alright…just let me finish this and then I'll give you a ride.” Michiru smiled but it wasn't a happy smile, it was more of a nervous smile.
Thirty minutes later they pulled in front of the Tenoh's trailer, “Are you going to wait here, I won't be long,” Yori nodded her head. Michiru opened the door to the car and stepped out into the cold; she wrapped her arms around herself and slowly made her way to the door. She knocked on the door, “Be there in a second,” someone yelled from inside. The door opened to reveal Zenko,
“Hi Zenko.”
“Well hello Michiru, come on in.” Michiru could feel the warm heat hit her face as she stepped inside the trailer.
“What brings you out in this cold weather?”
“I need to talk to Haruka,” Zenko nodded his head, “Ah…I'll go get her,” he left Michiru and went into another room. Michiru glanced around the trailer; boxes were everywhere, `What's going on.'
“Hey Michiru,” she looked up into teal eyes; she smiled at the blonde even though she didn't feel like doing so.
“Haruka…” she again looked around, “What's with all the boxes?” Haruka ran her hand through her blonde hair, “There…there for us to put our stuff in.”
“Why would you need to put your stuff in them?” Haruka looked down at one of the boxes that had her name on the side of it; she knew she would have to tell her sooner or later.
“Because…” she looked into her eyes, “because we're moving…” Michiru's eyes widen in surprise, “What?”
A light knock on the door interrupted them; Haruka went to the door and opened it. “Hello Yori,”
“Hi Haruka, how are you?”
“Fine,” Haruka let her come in, “Michiru I hate to interrupt but I have to go to work,” Yori looked at Michiru's surprised face, “Michi?”
“Okay mom,” Michiru looked at Haruka with sadness in her eyes, `Why didn't you tell me?'
They got into their car and drove off down the slippery road, Michiru didn't say a word she just looked out the window and watched the snow fall around them.
---------------------------------------------
Michiru stood at her window looking out into the darkness, it still snowed out but it was falling more gently to the earth. She rested her forehead against the cold glass and closed her eyes, `We're moving…' it echoed through her mind not letting her forget about it.
“Michiru…” she opened her eyes and the reflection of her father was in the window.
“Yeah,” Michiru turned to face her father. “You have a guest sweetheart,” Michiru didn't say anything, she wasn't in the mood for a guest. Kei left the room; Michiru could hear him talking to someone in the hallway. She walked to her door to see who the person was.
----------------------------------------
Haruka stood in her small room; boxes littered her bed and floor. Her closet was almost bare except a few things. She placed one of her many trophies into a box with the rest and closed the lid taping it shut for its long journey to America. She wasn't in the mood for packing her stuff up again; she threw one of her teddy bears into the hall out of frustration she felt inside.
“Hey,” her father stuck his head in through the door, “I think this belongs to you,” he held the bear in his hand.
“Yeah…sorry,” Haruka took the bear from her father.
“Is everything alright…you usually don't throw your stuffed animals at me.” He smiled at his daughter which she didn't return. “I know you don't want to move Haru but…” he lowered his head, “just think you will have a bigger room to sleep in.” Haruka sat down on her bed and stared at her bear,
“I don't want to leave my friends…” Zenko sat down beside her, “There's always the phone and you can write letters.”
“I know but it's not the same thing,” Zenko put his arm around her shoulder. “It wasn't this hard for you last time.”
“I know but…”
“Is it because of a certain aqua friend girl?” Haruka looked at him with wide eyes, “How…” he smiled goofily at her, “I've seen the way you look at her.”
“But…” Haruka was flabbergasted; she didn't know what to say. “Don't worry Haruka, I still love you the same,” Zenko brought her closer to him kissing her on the head then stood and left the room. Haruka was left speechless sitting there, “there's no chance in that happening,” she whispered to herself.
“You never know if you don't try,” Zenko stuck his head back into the room and winked at her. “Yeah but she is mad at me…I wasn't very nice to her the past weeks,” she stood and came over to the door, “I guess there's no time like the present to apologize.” Her father did have a point about that.
“Can you give me a ride to Michiru's?” Her father smiled and nodded his head, “Sure.”
-------------------------------------------
Michiru heart leaped into her throat as two sad eyes looked into her own blue ones. “Ruka?” she leaned against the doorframe, “What…what…” she couldn't even put a sentence together, she was so angry and frustrated and somewhat surprised all at the same time. Michiru couldn't deal with this any longer so she went back into her room. Haruka stood in the hallway not sure what to do, `You'll never know unless you don't try,' the words that her father spoke not to long ago came to her mind. Haruka took a deep breathe to clam her nerves; she stepped into Michiru's doorway.
“Michiru…” she laid on her bed with her arm covering her eyes. Haruka quickly glanced around the large room then back at the form on the bed, “Can I talk to you for a moment?” She didn't get a response so she continued; “I wanted to apologize for…” she stuck her hands in her pant pockets, “for treating you the way I did.” Michiru removed her arm from her eyes and stared at the ceiling.
“And I'm sorry for not telling you that I'm moving…I just thought…that it might have made you mad.” Michiru sat up on the bed and looked at her very good friend.
“Come here Ruka,” she patted the spot beside her; Haruka hesitantly came over and sat beside her with her head down. “I don't think I would have been mad… I'm a little mad at you for not telling me but that is it.”
“So when are you moving anyways?” Michiru didn't know if she wanted to know when her best friend was leaving her or not. Haruka fiddled with her thumbs, “the middle of January…”
“Oh,” Michiru looked down at her hands; the middle of January was only seven weeks away which didn't give them much time before she departed.
“Do I dare ask where you are moving?” A small smile came to Haruka's lips, “North America,” Michiru eyes widened.
“That's on the other side of the world,” her lips trembled as the realization hit her, she wouldn't ever see her friend again and that scared her.
“Excuse me girls…” they both look up, “Haruka your father is leaving now.” Kei stood in the doorway; the sad faces that stared at him caused him to get goose bumps.
“Okay,” Haruka slowly stood and made her way downstairs followed by Michiru.
“Sorry Haruka but I have to go to work soon,” Zenko stood at the front door with his coat on. “That's alright,” she started to put her shoes and coat on.
“Can't Ruka stay here for awhile…it's still early?” Michiru begged her father, “that way she won't be lonely at home.” Kei looked down at his daughter with a smile, “It's alright with me,” he looked up at Zenko who looked at his daughter. “It's fine with me too.” Haruka looked to Michiru who had a beautiful smile on her lips. Haruka took off her one shoe that she had put on.
“I'll see you later Haru…” Zenko opened the door and walked into the freezing wind.
“If you two need anything I'll be in my bedroom.”
“Okay dad,” Michiru and Haruka went into the living room and sat on the couch side by side. “Do you want to watch a movie?” Michiru reached for a package on the coffee table, “My dad just bought this yesterday,” she handed it to Haruka. “Sure,” Haruka stood and put it in the DVD player then came back and sat beside her friend.
-------------------------------------
“Good night Yori,” one of her cooks yelled from the back of the kitchen. “Night,” Yori stepped into the bitter cold of the night and went to her snow covered car. Once she brushed the snow off she carefully headed home, people were still out at this hour of night driving around. Yori pulled into her driveway and made it to the front door without falling. She quietly took off her jacket and shoes making her way to the stairs. In the living room the TV flickered which was odd considering it was 2:30 in the morning, she walked in and found quite a surprise, on the couch slept her daughter and Haruka. Michiru had her head rested on Haruka shoulder while Haruka rested her head on the back of the couch, the thing that made Yori smile was the content smile on their faces. If you didn't know that Haruka was a girl you would think that they were meant to be with each other. Yori walked over to the television set and turned it off then she took one of the blankets from the chair and covered the two sleeping forms.
-------------------------------------
Time seemed to fly by for Michiru; seven weeks now have turned into two weeks until Haruka had to move to North America. She tried to spend as much time as possible with the blonde, where ever one went the other would go also.
Michiru sat at the kitchen table looking at her breakfast while Yori stood by the counter and eat her toast, “Michiru…” she looked to her mother, “Your father and I have been invited to attend a charity concert in Tokyo Saturday night.” Michiru stood from her seat and brought her dish over to the sink.
“That's great,” her parents hardly got invited to any occasions since her father's retirement from being a professional violinist. “Yeah…your father is very excited…” Yori put her plate in the sink beside Michiru's. “Are you alright staying here by yourself for a day?” Michiru nodded her head yes, “You can have one of your friends sleep over if you would like…” Michiru's eyes grew wide, the lonely person that ever slept over before was Haruka and she wasn't sure if she could handle it again.
“Is it alright if Ami and Haruka sleep over instead of just one of them…I don't want to leave any of my friends out?” Yori looked down at her daughter as she thought about it for a second… “I guess it will be alright…the more people here the more I feel safe leaving you alone…” Michiru smiled at her mother and kissed her on the cheek then ran off up stairs to get her bag for school.
Michiru sat in the passenger seat of her mom's car as they drove to Haruka's, off in the distance a figure stood on the side walk wearing a thick winter coat and there uniform. Michiru silently sighed as the car approached her, `soon we won't be coming here to pick her up anymore,' Michiru thought as her mother stopped the car and Haruka got in.
“Hello Haruka…how are you this morning?” Yori looked in her review mirror and looked into two tired eyes.
“Alright,” Haruka smiled but it didn't reach her eyes. The rest of the drive was in silence which was normal since Haruka wasn't really a morning person. Yori pulled in front of the school, Michiru and Haruka got out, thanked her for the ride then made there way to the front doors of the school. Standing at their locker was a short blue haired girl who smiled at them once they got closer.
“Hello Michiru, hello Haruka.” The both of them smiled back at the girl, “Hello Ami,” they said in unison. Haruka went to her locker and Michiru opened her own, she got out her books and hanged her coat on the hook then shut the door.
“How are you Ami?” Michiru waited beside her locker for Haruka. “I'm alright I guess,” Michiru raised her eye brow, “You guess?” Ami let out a sigh and looked down to the ground, “I'm just nervous about the exams coming up…” she looked up into her friends eyes, Michiru smiled at her, “You shouldn't worry yourself Ami, you probably don't even have to study for them…you're so smart.” A faint blush crossed Ami's cheeks at the compliment. The warning bell ranged warning all of the students.
“Are we ready to go?” Haruka stood beside the girls, all three of them made there way to there classroom. The teacher came in the room and soon there lesson started for the day.
-------------------------------------------
The three of them -Haruka, Michiru and Ami- sat in the corner of a café drinking hot chocolate. “I can't believe it Haruka…” Ami took a drink from her cup and looked at her friend, “You're leaving in thirteen days…it's not fair.” Ami looked to Michiru who stared at her drink. Being as smart as she was Ami had figured something out between her two friends, she had noticed over the past five months that she had known them they seemed like they are hiding something from each other, something important. Haruka looked at Ami, “I know…I don't want to leave but I don't have a choice.” Haruka looked at Michiru then at the table…something inside her had changed, something that scared her deeply within her. Ami decided to make her leave, “I have to be going now… my mom wants me to make dinner tonight.” Ami gathered her coat and was just about to leave when Michiru stopped her, “Ami…” she turned to face her friend, “Yeah?”
“Would you like to sleep over at my house Saturday…my parents are going to Tokyo for the night and they don't want me to be alone.” Ami looked surprised at her, she had never in her life been asked to sleep over at another person's house.
“Umm…sure.” Michiru smiled at her friend then watched as Ami left the café then she turned her attention to the blonde sitting in front of her.
“Haruka?” Two beautiful teal eyes looked at her, Michiru's heart skipped a beat. Michiru couldn't explain why every time Haruka looked at her so caring like her heart would beat faster; it scared her when she thought about.
“I was wondering if you would like to come too.” Michiru smiled at her. Haruka looked at her uncertain, she didn't know if she could handle sleeping in the same house as her. “I'd…I'd be delighted”
---------------------------------------
“You be good now Michiru,” Yori hugged her daughter tightly, “I will mom don't worry.”
“If you need anything just call us okay,” Kei kissed her on the head. “Okay…you three have fun now.” Kei opened the door to his house and stepped outside with two suitcases in hand. “Bye sweetheart,” Michiru waved to her parents as they got into their car and drove off into the horizon. She shut the door and went into the living room where Ami and Haruka sat.
“What do you guys want to do? Do you want to watch a movie or something?” Michiru sat down on the couch next to Ami. “There's a cupboard over there filled with different movies,” she pointed over beside the TV. Haruka stood from her seat and walked over to the cupboard, she opened it; inside was four shelves filled full of DVD's. She bent down so she could look at the bottom shelf. “You like anime Michiru?” on the bottom shelf was full of anime DVD's.
“Most of them are my father's but…” Michiru made her way over to Haruka, “…these on the left are mine,” she took out a few of the DVDs and handed them to Haruka. “You like .hack/Sign, Card Captor Sakura, Escaflowne, Utena…” Haruka looked to Michiru with surprise in her eyes. Michiru nodded her head in agreement. “It looks like you really like Sailor Moon though…you have all the episodes, all the seasons.” Haruka put all the DVDs back where they came from and looked at the other anime shows. “Your father has a thing for Gundam Wing?” Most of the DVDs had Gundam in the title.
“I think we should watch Sailor Moon…” Michiru and Haruka both looked over to the couch were Ami sat. “You like Sailor Moon too Ami?” Haruka couldn't believe this; Ami the genius liked Sailor Moon. A slight blush came to Ami's cheeks, “Yes I do.” Michiru walked over to the couch and sat down next to her blue haired friend. “Looks like we're watching Sailor Moon Haruka.”
“Don't I get a say in it?” Haruka pouted
“It's two to one Haruka…you automatically lose.” Michiru smiled at the blonde that looked like a little child that wasn't getting there way. “Fine,” Haruka opened the case and popped the DVD in the player then went over to the chair and sat down. She wouldn't admit it to any one but she didn't mind watching Sailor Moon and her senshi with there short skirts fighting youmas; you'd be crazy not to like it.
-------------------------------------------
“What would you guys like for dinner?” It was around six o'clock in the evening before they decide to eat supper; they all stood at the counter in the kitchen. Michiru had her head in the fridge looking for something to eat, “We have left over Chinese food, sashimi, or some chicken thing.” She looked over to the two standing by the sink, “How about that chicken thing” Ami stood next to Michiru and looked into the fridge; Michiru took out the container with the chicken in it and opened it. “I think it's called Oyakodon,” she put it on the counter for Ami and Haruka to see it. “There's two main ingredients in it, chicken and egg with rice underneath. It's very popular at my mom's restaurant.”
“That sounds fine to me.” They sat at the table and eat there meal in silence, afterwards they went back into the living room and continued watching Sailor Moon until they could barely keep their eyes opened. “I think I'm going to go to bed…” Ami covered her month with her hand as she yawned. “That sounds like a good idea,” they all went upstairs after they turned off the television and into Michiru's bedroom. On the floor laid two sleeping bags and two pillows, they had decided that Ami and Haruka slept on the floor which Michiru strongly disagreed.
“I think it still would be better if one of you slept in my bed and I'll sleep on the floor,” she hated the idea of Haruka or Ami sleeping on the hard floor while she slept on her soft bed. “We have already decided Michiru and you lost the vote,” Haruka smiled at her friend before she left to go get changed in the bathroom. Ami already lied in her sleeping bag all nice and warm, “I wouldn't worry about it to much Michiru, it's actually comfortable on the floor.” Michiru sat on her bed and looked down at her good friend who looked like she was in a cocoon, “If you say so…” Michiru climbed up to the top of her bed and climbed under the nice warm covers. Haruka finally came back into room and got into her sleeping back, “Good night Ami, good night Michiru.”
“Night,” Ami and Michiru said in unison. Michiru reached over to her lamp on her end table and turned off the light. Soon the sound of soft breathing drifted through the bedroom as everyone slept peacefully.
---------------------------------------
“So what do you guys want to do today…do you want to finish watching Sailor Moon?” Michiru and Ami sat on the couch while Haruka sat on the chair with remote in hand. “That sounds fine to me,” Ami couldn't help but smile, she hadn't watched this anime in such along time.
The day soon turned into night, the moon shined brightly in the window. “When are your parents coming home?” Ami looked at her watch on her wrist. “They said after supper sometime.” Just as she finished her sentences the sound of closing doors were heard from outside and a few minutes later the front door was opened and in stepped her parents.
“We're home Michiru.” Yori put her suitcase down on the floor and made her way into the living room, “Hi mom…” Michiru stood from her seat and came over and gave her mother a hug. “Where's dad?” She looked behind her mother but nobody stood there. “He's probably still by the front door.” Yori smiled at the two sitting down, “Hello Ami, Haruka…how are you doing?”
“Alright,” Ami and Haruka said in unison. Michiru went into the hall way, her father was taking off his shoes, “Hi dad,” Kei looked up into his daughter's eyes and smiled. “Hello sweetheart.” Michiru went over to her father and hugged him which he returned.
“How was the concert?”
“It was great…you would have liked it.” They made there way into the living room were everyone was.
-------------------------------------------
Yori's blue Pontiac parked in the driveway of the Tenoh's trailer. “I'll see you two at school tomorrow,” Haruka shut the door of the car and walked to her home.
Yori pulled out of the driveway and drove to where Ami lived. “It's on the left…right beside that big white house.” Ami told Yori how to get to her home; Ami lived with her mother in an apartment building on the fifth floor. Yori pulled in front of the large building, “thanks for the ride,” Ami opened the door to the car, “I'll see you tomorrow Michiru.”
“Okay…bye Ami.” Michiru watched Ami walked over to the entrance of the building and got her keys out. Once Ami got inside the building Yori left for there own home.
----------------------------------------------
Michiru and Ami sat in there geography class listening to the teacher review what was going to be on there exams that were coming up shortly. Ami wrote in her notebook while Michiru stared at the black board not really seeing it. “Michiru,” Ami whispered to her friend. Michiru looked over to Ami then back to the front, `where's Haruka?' They picked her up for school and once they got to school Haruka took off and left without saying anything to her.
The bell rang dismissing them for lunch; Michiru gathered her books and waited for Ami to gather her own. They both made there way to Michiru's locker, “Are you alright Michiru?” Ami leaned up against one of the lockers and watched all the students walking in the hallway.
“Yeah I'm fine…” Michiru opened her locker and put her books inside then shut it again. “I wonder were Haruka was this morning,” Ami pondered at this as they both walked to the cafeteria to eat there lunch. Ami order a ham and cheese sandwich while Michiru order a simple garden salad, she wasn't very hungry.
“Hey Ami…” Michiru sat down at a table in the corner of the cafeteria, Ami sat down across from her. “Do you ever get tired of studying…I mean most of the time when I see you…you always have a book in hand.” Michiru moved a piece of lettuce around her plate. Ami took a bit of her sandwich before answering.
“Not really…I love to read…I'd rather read a good book then watch television.” She took a drink of water from her water bottle she also bought. “Oh.” The remainder of lunch period was in a comfortable silence, neither felt the need for a conversation.
The bell rang again indicating that everyone had fifteen minutes until classes would begin again. Michiru and Ami stood from there table and put there garbage in the trash can, “I'll see you later Michiru,” Ami smiled at her friend then left to go to her locker then to her next class. “Yup, see you in science class.” Michiru went to her locker and got her art supplies that she needed.
“Michiru…” she stopped in her tracks almost causing someone to crash into her, she turned to see who called her. “Haruka?” two feet away from her stood her blonde friend. Haruka walked up to her with a smile on her face. “Were have you been Haruka…you weren't in any of your classes this morning?” Michiru was worried about her friend, which Haruka noticed. “I can't tell you were I was now but after school I can…” Haruka stuck her hands in her pants, “Can you meet me at my locker after school…I have something to tell you.” Michiru nodded her head, “Of course.” Haruka smiled at her then turned and took off down the hallway leaving a very confused girl standing there.
----------------------------------------------
The hallways were almost empty; almost everyone had long gone home. Leaning against her locker Michiru started to fidget,`Haruka told me to wait for her right?' Michiru called her mother to let her know that she would walk home. The sound of footsteps echoed through the hallway, Michiru looked towards the sound. Haruka walked towards her ever so slowly, it was as if she was walking in slow motion.
“Sorry for keeping you…” Haruka stopped in front of her. “That's alright.” Michiru picked up her backpack from the floor and put it over her shoulder. “Can I walk you home?” Haruka smiled mischievous at her friend. “If you'd like too.” They headed for the exit and out into the blistering wind, “Haruka…where were you today?” Michiru couldn't handle not knowing were her friend was. “I had my exam for my mechanics class this morning.”
“But I thought your exams weren't until next week,” she put her hands into her coat pockets as they were starting to freeze.
“They were but…” Haruka stopped walking, “Michiru…I got to tell you something.” Haruka walked to Michiru who also stopped walking and put her arm around her shoulder. Michiru started to get this sickening feeling in her stomach; she knew something bad was going to happen.
“My father's new job wants him to start next Monday…” Haruka looked to Michiru's face, “I'm leaving Saturday morning.” Michiru eyes grew wide in shock `what?' Michiru turned to face Haruka, the coldness of her hands she felt earlier was now through her entire body. “But…but I thought…” Haruka looked down to the ground not wanting to meet Michiru's beautiful eyes. “That's what I said when my father told me last night.” The wind wiped around them but neither of them noticed, Michiru's heart beat faster in her chest. “It can't be true…it just can't be.” Michiru started to tremble; the cold was starting to get to her. Haruka looked into Michiru's eyes; the sadness there made her feel even worse, Haruka moved closer to her and wrapped her arms around her. She could feel the other girl tremble in her arms; Michiru felt the warmth of Haruka's embrace, she rested her head against her chest and closed her eyes. “Michiru…” Haruka looked down at her, “I think we better get moving before your parents start to worry.” Michiru looked up into two teal eyes and nodded her head.
They continued on there way to Michiru's house in silence. Haruka walked Michiru to her front door so she wouldn't fall on the ice, “thanks for walking me home Haruka.” Michiru hugged herself. “You're welcome,” Haruka embraced her again before any other word was spoken and kissed her ever so gently on the forehead. Before Michiru knew it Haruka let her go and was almost to the sidewalk; Michiru could still feel Haruka's lips on her forehead. Michiru smiled as she opened the front door and stepped into the warm house; “I'm home…” she took off her winter coat and shoes then made her way up to her room. She entered her room and sat on her bed looking out the window; she touched her forehead and closed her eyes. `I'm leaving Saturday,' the happiness she felt a few seconds ago vanished as the realization of what Haruka said sunk in. `She can't go…not now…'
-----------------------------------------------
“I can't believe this is the last time we are doing this…just the three of us.” Ami sipped her hot chocolate. They all sat in the booth at the back of the café like they normally did after school was done. “I know…” Haruka looked into her mug of hot chocolate and swirled it around a bit. Michiru sat beside Ami and hadn't said much of anything since they arrived; she closed her eyes and just listened to Haruka and Ami talk to each other. She still couldn't believe Haruka was leaving tomorrow, it wasn't fair…not fair at all.
“Michiru?” Ami tapped her on her arm; Michiru opened her eyes and looked at Ami, “Are you alright?” Michiru smiled at her friend and nodded her head; she looked into her empty mug not wanting to look at anyone.
“Michi…” a sad smile formed on her lips at Haruka's nickname for her, she looked up into teal eyes that she adored. Haruka smile was sad but also…lovingly? A slight blush came over Michiru's face causing her to look away, `I hope she didn't see that.'
“I'm afraid I have to be going…” Ami looked down at her watch, it was getting late and she still had to finish her homework. Ami stood from her chair and walked over to Haruka who stood from her own chair, “You better come back and visit…” Ami hugged her tightly, not wanting to let go of her good friend. “And you better email me too,” Ami let go of her and stepped back, “I'm really going to miss you Haruka…” Ami hated to see her go…after all she was her first real friend beside Michiru. “I'm going to miss you too Ami…” Haruka was sad that she had to leave such a good friend but she was also happy to have had a chance to know her. “I must go…” Ami bowed her head to them and left before she couldn't leave. Haruka sat back down on her chair and looked at Michiru, “That was hard…” she stared at her hands that were placed on her lap, `it's going to be even hard to say goodbye to Michi.'
The sun started to set as Haruka and Michiru walked down the street; clouds started to cover the sky, the weather man was predicting snow tonight. “It's nice of your father to let you sleep over before you leave.”
“Yeah.” They walked in silence as they made there way to Michiru's house. Yori's car was in the driveway when they arrived, “I thought your mom had to work tonight.”
“Me too,” Michiru opened the front door and went inside with Haruka following her. The smell of food cooking drifted past their nose as they took of their boots and coats, “Something smells good,” they went into the kitchen were Yori was cooking up a storm.
“I thought you had to work tonight mom.”
“I did but I decided to take the night off…” Yori was stirring something in a pot on the stove, “I invited your father over for supper Haruka.” The sound of the door bell rang through the kitchen, “Can you get that sweetheart?” Michiru left the kitchen and went to answer the door.
“Hello Zenko,” a tall man stood at the door with blonde hair just like his daughters.
“Hi Michiru…how are you?” Zenko stepped inside then closed the door. “I'm alright,” Michiru went back into the kitchen and sat at the table with Haruka while Zenko went in the living room with Kei.
----------------------------------------------
Light shun through the windows of Michiru's bedroom even though it was dark outside, everything on the ground was covered with white fluffy stuff. Inside the warm house lied two bodies side by side, “I don't know if this is a good idea sleeping in the same bed as you…” Haruka sat up in bed. “I feel like I'm crowding your space or something,” she ran a hand through her hair. “You're not crowding my space…” Michiru sat up also. “We better get some sleep…we have to get up at three,” Michiru lied back down. At first Michiru thought it was a good idea sleeping in the same bed but now she wasn't quite sure. Haruka lied back down beside Michiru and closed her eyes, “If I start to snore just wake me up okay?”
“Alright…” Michiru also closed her eyes even though she was wide awake, `I don't think I'll be getting any sleep tonight.'
----------------------------------------------
“Michiru Haruka…it's time to get up,” the light was turned on. Two tired eyes opened, “What time is it?”
“It's five minutes after three,” a groan was the only response given. “Come on Haruka…you don't want to be late for your plane.” Haruka sat up in bed and looked over to were Michiru was sleeping, “Morning Michiru,” two tired blue eyes opened and looked directly at her, “morning…” Haruka stood from the bed and walked out into the hall looking for the bathroom. Michiru slowly sat up and draped her legs over the side of the bed. Today was the day…Haruka was leaving Japan. Michiru stood and made her way to her closet to pick something out to wear that was comfortable and warm.
“Come on you two…we have to meet Zenko at the airport in thirty minutes,” Yori yelled from downstairs. Haruka came back into the room looking even more tired then when she left, “I don't know why dad wanted to leave so early for…” she yawned. “Probably because it is a long plane ride to Florida,” Michiru and Haruka made there way downstairs just in time. Yori and Kei stood by the door waiting for them, “Are you ready to go Haruka?” Yori could see the sadness in her eyes…she didn't want to leave.
“I guess…” Haruka put on her winter coat and boots then picked up her backpack. “Okay…let's get going.” They all got into Yori's car and took off down the road to meet Haruka's father at the airport. Michiru stared out the window and watched all the houses fly by; every so often she'd take a glance at Haruka who also looked out the window. She looked down to the seat, Haruka's hand rested beside her; Michiru slowly moved her hand over and put it on top of Haruka's.
Haruka watched all the cars past by them, everything was still dark out, most people were still sleeping in there nice warm beds dreaming of wondrous dreams. Warmth went through her as someone touched her hand; she looked down at her now covered hand then up to two blue eyes of her friend. A small smile crept over her tired face, such a small gesture but with so much meaning.
The airport was in seeing distance, soon Haruka would leave all her friends and where she grew up. Yori pulled into a vacant parking spot and turned off the engine; everyone got out and headed for the main entrance. Haruka walked right beside Michiru.
“Haruka…over here!” Her father stood by a small café inside the airport. Haruka walked over to him followed by the rest of them. “Morning dad,” she yawned, it was defiantly too early for one to be awake. “Are you ready to go?” Zenko sounded very excited to be leaving unlike his daughter. “Not really…” Haruka looked to Michiru who looked like she was half asleep. “We better verify are plane tickets…” Zenko took hold of Haruka's backpack and made his way to the desk. Kei and Yori went with him so that their daughter could talk with her friend.
“Well Michiru…” Haruka turned to face Michiru, “looks like I'm almost out of here.” Michiru looked at her shirt not wanting to look her in the eyes. “Michi…” Haruka unzipped her coat to reveal a pocket on the inside, she undid the clasp that held it together and took out a little black box. “Michi…I have something for you…” She took the other girls hand in her own and place the little box in the palm of her hand. Curious blue eyes look up at her, “What's this for…?”
“Please don't open it until my plane leaves the ground…okay?” Haruka had to smile at her friend curiosity. “But I…” Michiru's hands began to shake uncontrollably; she didn't know what to do. Haruka stepped closer and wrapped her arms around the trembling girl that she secretly liked. “I'm really going to miss you Michi…a lot.” Haruka closed her eyes and rested her head on top of Michiru's. “Me too…Ruka.” Michiru wrapped her arms around Haruka's waist pulling her closer to her.
“Haruka…we have to get going now,” her father stood beside them. “You can go ahead dad…I'll catch up.” Zenko said his goodbyes to Michiru's parents then slowly made his way over to the metal detectors. Michiru still trembled in Haruka's arms, she didn't want to let go…something inside her told her to hold on tight and never let go. “I have to go now Michi…” Haruka could feel that Michiru didn't want to let go off her, she felt the same way but there was nothing she could do about. She let go off Michiru who in turn let go of her, “I will write you Michiru…I promise,” Michiru held on tightly to the little black box in her hand. “You better…Haruka.” She nodded her head in agreement; Haruka took one last look at Michiru then turned around and went off in the direction her father went.
Michiru watched the blonde slowly faded away in the crowd of people; she looked down at the box in her hand that was shacking, `Ruka... I have…to tell you something…' Before she knew what she was doing she took of jogging down the terminal, “Haruka!” She shouted the blondes name as loud as possible. Haruka was just about to go through the metal detectors but stopped when she heard that familiar voice. “Michiru…what's the matter?” Haruka stepped aside so other passengers could get by. “I have to tell you something…” Michiru hands started to tremble more than before. “What is it…?” Haruka took her hands in her own, deep down inside her she wished Michiru would say what she had been dreaming about since she met her. “There's this person I have fallen for…” Michiru looked down to the ground afraid of Haruka's action might be, “I'm may be only fourteen but…” the insides of Michiru were doing flip flops. “Every since I met you…you treated me nicely…and…and I fell for you and your charms…I know it isn't right but I can't control who I fall in love with.” She took a deep breath to catch her breath. Haruka stood there wide eyed, she couldn't believe what she just heard, `is this a dream?'
“Michiru…” Haruka cupped her chin in her hand and made her look at her, “you have no idea how long I've wanted you to say that.” The biggest grin appeared on Michiru's face making her even more beautiful then she already was. Haruka brought Michiru closer to her and embraced her.
“Last call for flight 107 Japan to Florida, USA.” The speaker blared over the speakers. Without thinking Haruka slowly moved her face closer to Michiru who had closed her eyes. Haruka kissed her ever so gently which surprised her at first but then was returned more fiercely. Michiru broke the kiss, “Promise you'll come back…” Haruka kissed her again to seal the deal. “I will Michiru I will.” Haruka parted from Michiru and hurried off to catch her plane. Michiru stood there and watched her board her plane then turned around and went to find her parents.
“Were did you run off to sweetheart?” Yori and Kei walked with her to the car, “I had to tell Haruka something before it was to late.” They made it to the car and they got in; Yori pulled out of the parking spot and drove off. In the back seat Michiru had her eyes closed, remembering what just happened a few minutes ago. She still held the little box in her hands, “what's in the box sweetheart?” Kei had noticed it earlier but didn't mention it. “It's from Haruka,” she opened her eyes and stared at the box; she slowly opened it, inside lied a petite sterling sliver heart with a single diamond on the side of it which hung from a sterling sliver rolo chain. “It's be-beautiful…” A single tear escaped her eye and ran down her cheek, `Oh Ruka…'
----------------------------------------------
Is this the end of Haruka and Michiru ……. or is it just the beginning? Let me know what you think.
-------------------------------------------