Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ True Love ❯ Chapter 14 ( Chapter 14 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

True Love
Chapter Fourteen
--------------------------------
The sun shinned brightly over Osaka Japan making everyone smile; there was a warm wind that rustled the leaves of the trees. Birds chirped happily amongst themselves trying to find something to eat. The sound of children's laughter was heard through out the neighbourhoods, it was the weekend after all.
The warm wind blew in an open window and wiped the curtains around and blew papers off a table that sat near the window. In a corner of the room sat a young woman who was brushing her beautiful hair and was looking at her reflection in the mirror. The young woman sat her brush down on her table and stared at herself; two blue eyes stared back at her, two eyes that have matured over the years. A light knock on her door broke her concentration, “Are you ready to go?” The young woman smiled at her shorter friend that leaned against her door frame, “Yes.” They both made there way downstairs and went over to the front door, “Where are you two off to?” an older man stood in the door way of the living room.
“We are going to a birthday party…” the taller woman spoke while she put on her sandals, “didn't mom tell you?” The woman came closer to her father and gave him a hug. “I'll be back later tonight…bye.” The two women left the house and got into the taller woman's car which just happened to be a navy blue Mazda 6. She started her car and drove to her destination which was twenty minutes away from her house.
“So what kind of gift did you get her?” The shorter woman looked over to her friend.
“I painted her a picture and framed it for her…I hope she'll like it…I don't know her as well as you do.” She had a hopeful shin in her eyes.
“I'm sure she'll love it…”
“I hope you're right.”
------------------------------------
She parked her Mazda on the street and turned it off. They both got out and got there gifts from the trunk they had put there earlier that day. In front of them stood a long stair case that led them to where the party was being held, they slowly made there way up the stairs. A beautiful temple stood on top of the little hill with a bluish grey roof which was surrounded by trees that housed black ravens. The sound of music drifted in the air followed by the laughter of girls, they headed over to where the music and laughter came from.
“Ami…Michiru you made,” a teenaged girl with long black hair came over to them with a happy smile on her face. Michiru and Ami bowed to the girl; they followed the black haired lady inside the temple. Inside was a very large room that was all decorated with pink and white ribbons, it kind of looked childish for a seventeen year old.
“Hi Michiru…Hi Ami…” a blonde haired girl stood on a ladder holding some ribbons, “Hello Minako,” they both said in unison. Michiru and Ami went over to the far side of the room where a table stood with a bunch of boxes wrapped with wrapping paper. Michiru leaned her present up against the wall while Ami put hers in the middle.
“Hi Ami…Hi Michiru,” both girls turned and were met with two glasses of punch, “Hi Makoto…thanks.” Michiru took the offered glass; Ami on the other hand seemed to have lost her voice and just took the glass of punch. Michiru smiled to herself, her friend was acting weird lately around this brown haired girl. Makoto smiled at Ami which caused her to blush then left to attend the kitchen duties.
The room started to get crowded with people that were invited to the party; it looked like everyone from school was invited. In amongst the crowd of people stood Michiru who was surrounded by all the popular kids at school, the guys in the group where all trying to get her attention.
“She's not going with you to the prom…she's going with me!” Two boys were arguing over her and drawing attention to themselves. Michiru hated when they argued over her, they weren't really interested in her…just in the fact that she was the most beautiful and talented girl in the whole school. Michiru had enough of this; she somehow managed to get through the crowd of kids and into the kitchen where she could be safe from all those crazy boys.
“Is it getting crazy out there…?” Makoto was knelt on the floor looking in the oven at something cooking. “Yeah it is…” Michiru walked over to where Makoto knelt and looked in the oven where a pizza was slowly turning golden brown. “And Minako was only suppose to invite a few close friends,” Makoto chuckled at her crazy blonde friend who couldn't resist making this a big party. “I haven't even seen Usagi yet…is she even here?” Michiru stood up straight and leaned up against the counter. “I seen her when she first arrived but it seems she has disappeared…” Makoto stood from her kneeling position, “once the food starts to go out she will certainly come out of hiding.” They both smiled at the thought of Usagi and her bottomless stomach.
-----------------------------------------
“Have you seen Ami?” Michiru looked out the door of the kitchen and scanned the crowd of people. “I haven't seen her since I gave her that glass of punch.” Makoto was placing different types of food on trays. “I'm going to go look for her,” Michiru left the kitchen and headed towards the crowd of people, `now if I were Ami where would I go at a party…' she headed for the restroom and went inside, “Ami?” She wasn't in there, “Where could see be?” Michiru whispered as she left the restroom. She somehow made it through the crowd again and went over to the doors and looked outside. The sun had set awhile ago and the moon was shinning beautifully on the trees making them illuminate. She stepped outside and walked through a pathway of trees, in the distance she could see a figure amongst the trees sitting by the wishing well.
“Ami?” Michiru moved closer to the figure. The figure turned to her and smiled sadly at her. “What are you doing out here all alone?” Michiru moved closer to her friend. “I don't know…it's just…” Ami looked up to the sky and watched the sparkling stars. “Ami…” Michiru placed her hand on her shoulder, Ami looked into her friend's eyes; “I'm not a really big fan of parties…” Ami knew it was a pathetic excuse but that was all she could think of. “You should come back in for awhile at least…Usagi is about to blow her candles out on that beautiful cake Makoto made.” Michiru draped her arm around Ami's shoulder and slowly made her start to walk up the pathway that led to the party.
They made it back just in time to see Makoto bring out the cake that had seventeen candles on it. Ami and Michiru stood off to the side and watched Usagi eyes light up at the sight of the cake. “Happy birthday Usagi!” Everyone cheered as Usagi blow out her candles and made a wish.
“Makoto is quite the cook…that cake looks amazing,” Michiru stared in awe at it. “Yeah she is…” Ami wasn't looking at the cake but at a certain brunette. Once Usagi blew out her candles the party started up again. Michiru and Ami made there way back to the kitchen where Makoto went. “That's a beautiful cake Makoto…” Makoto stood by the counter, “Thank you Michiru.”
“I see you found Ami…” Makoto went over to the sink and started to fill it with soapy water; Ami blushed and quickly looked down so no one could see her blushed face.
“I found her outside looking at the beautiful starry night,” Michiru came over to Makoto, “do you need any help with the dishes?” she looked around the kitchen at all the dirty dishes that covered the counter tops.
“That's alright…you guys just enjoy the party,” Makoto started to wash the dishes, “Actually…I'd rather stay in here away from all those crazy people…” Michiru smiled at Makoto's surprised expression. “So…where are the dish towels?” Makoto pointed over to the cupboard where Ami stood next to, “they're in there…” Michiru went over to Ami and opened the cupboard next to her, “Would you like to help also Ami?” Ami nodded her head and grabbed a dish towel also.
Over an hour later the dishes were done and put in there right place, “Thanks for all your help you two…I appreciated.” Makoto smiled at her two friends. “You're welcome,” Ami and Michiru said in unison. “Let's go party now!” The three of them headed to the dance floor and danced the night away.
------------------------------------
The sound of teenagers talking and laughing echoed through the halls of Minami High School, summer vacation was less then two weeks away and everyone was excited. A young aqua haired girl walked down the hall towards her locker that she had for the past four years. She stood in front of her locker and stared at it, she remembered the first time she tired to opened it, the stupid lock wouldn't open for her but it opened for a certain blonde. Michiru let out a sad sigh, it's been over three years since she seen her best friend. She took hold of her lock and turned it to 20 then back to five then over to 45, it unlocked with such ease. She opened her locker; a white envelope fell to the ground. `Not another one,' she bent over and picked it up, on the front was her name written nicely. She placed it on her top shelf in her locker with the other ones. “Hey Michiru,” Ami stood beside her all of a sudden. “Hello Ami,” Michiru got out her books for her next class and shut the door.
“I see you got another envelope…what's the number now?” Ami had to giggle at her friend's popularity with the guys at the school; it seemed like every guy in the twelfth grade wanted to take Michiru to the prom.
“I don't know…I've last count,” Michiru and Ami walked down the hall to their history class. Every day for the past month someone put a letter in her locker wanting her to go to the prom with them. At first it was cute but now it was starting to get annoying, she didn't want to go to her prom with just anyone.
The teacher walked into the classroom and as soon as the bell rang their lesson for the day began. Michiru sat there half paying attention to what the teacher was talking about, history wasn't her favourite subject but she didn't mind learning about different cultures and times.
--------------------------------
The bell rang signalling the end of the day; all the students left there classrooms and headed for their lockers. Michiru put her art supplies in her locker and grabbed her backpack then shut the door. She then headed for Ami's locker which wasn't to far away from her own.
“Ready to go Ami?” Michiru always gave Ami a ride to and from school. Ami had her head in her locker looking for one of her books she needed for that night. “In a minute…I can't find my book.” Michiru smiled at her friend and leaned against one of the lockers beside Ami's.
The sound of arguing echoed from the far end of the hallway, Michiru looked down the hall, coming towards them was Usagi and her three other friends. Michiru couldn't help but laugh at the two arguing girls, “Here comes trouble,” Michiru whispered to Ami who still had her head in the locker. Ami looked up from her locker then quickly looked back down.
“Hi you guys…” Minako made her way over to them and stood right beside her. “Hello Minako…how are you?”
“Better than Usagi,” Minako giggled at her blonde haired friend, “She didn't do very well on her history test and Rei's down her throat for not studying.” Michiru nodded, “Oh.” Michiru remember the last time Usagi failed one of her test, it was quite comical.
“It's not my fault history is so boring…” Usagi whined to Rei, “who cares what happened two hundred years ago.”
Rei and Usagi eventually made there way over to them, “Hello Usagi… Rei,” Michiru smiled at the two crazy girls who were always arguing. “Hello Michiru,” both girls politely bowed to her.
“Are you two coming with us to the mall?” Minako put her arm around Ami's shoulder causing Ami to blush slightly. “I'd love to but I have to practise my violin,” Michiru would have loved to go shopping and get her mind off of the upcoming event. She and her father were asked to play in a concert; she wasn't that confident in her playing abilities especially in front of so many people who expect their playing to be the best since they were `the Kaioh's.'
“Is Ami going to come with us then?” Makoto stood off to the side of the girls, “I…” Ami couldn't come up with an excuse fast enough before Michiru said something. “Sure Ami will go with you guys,” Ami's eyes widen, the corner's of Michiru's mouth went up into a smile, Ami just stared at her friend in disbelieve. `Why did you say that,' Ami looked from her friend to a certain brunette with green eyes.
“Great!” Minako and Usagi shouted, “We have to go our lockers first okay?” Minako, Rei, Usagi and Makoto left the two girls. Ami watched there retreating forms before she talked, “Why did you say that for?” Ami stared at her giggling friend, “Oh come on Ami…you know you want to go with them…I can see it in your eyes.” Ami lowered her head so Michiru couldn't see her flushed face. “But…”
“No buts about it…go and have fun Ami,” Michiru gently pushed Ami on the back towards the exit. “Come on Ami!” Makoto shouted from the end of the hallway. “Go and have fun Ami,” Michiru could see the nervousness in her friends eyes. `Go do something non academic for a change,' Michiru watched as Ami made her way over to the three girls, she then waved at them and made her out of the school and over to her car then drove home.
Michiru unlocked the front door of her house and opened it; she took off her shoes and made her way to her father's music room. She lightly tapped on the closed door; she didn't get a response so she opened the door. She was met with an empty room, `wonder were he is?' Michiru entered the room and walked over to the piano that sat in the middle, on top was a piece of paper. She picked it up, `Sorry sweetheart for not being here…the manager wanted to see me about our performance. I'll make it up to you later okay? Love Dad.' Michiru sat the note back on the piano and left the room to go to her own room. “Guess I could have gone shopping after all,” Michiru talked to herself as she made her way to her bedroom.
Her bedroom hadn't changed much over the years, it was the same colour, she had the same bed as before and she still had her fish tank. The only thing different was her new makeup table that had a rather large mirror; she also used it as a desk to do her homework. Michiru sat her backpack by her table and went over to her fish tank; she opened up the lid and fed them. She watched all the little fishes fight over the food. Then she headed back to her table and sat down, Michiru opened her backpack and got out her text book and note book then sat them on the table. The teacher still gave them homework even though school was done in less then two weeks. Michiru rested her head against her hand that rested on the table and looked into the mirror; she could see her bed and night stand from where she sat. A small smile came to her face as she looked to her night stand, a four by six picture frame sat in the middle -two young faces smiled at each other while they danced. Michiru stared at the reflection in her mirror of her and Haruka dancing at her grandparent's party. Michiru tapped her pen against her textbook losing herself in her memories, `I wonder what Haruka is doing right now?'
----------------------------------------
A navy blue Mazda 6 pulled in front of a large apartment building; standing in the lobby was a blue haired genius. Upon seeing her friend's car she stepped outside and walked over to it, she opened the passenger's side door and got in. “Morning Michiru,”
“Morning Ami,” Michiru pulled onto the street and drove down the road towards school. “How was your practice with your father?” Ami looked to her friend, “He wasn't home…” Michiru concentrated on her driving. “That's too bad,” Michiru shrugged her shoulders, “How was your shopping trip?” Michiru glanced over to Ami who looked down at her hands, “It…it was fine.” Michiru smiled at her shy friend, “What did you buy?” Michiru pulled into a parking spot near the school and turned off the engine. “I bought a book,” Ami gathered her backpack and got out of the car.
“That's so typical of you,” Michiru also got out of the car with her backpack in hand. “I wasn't the only one who bought a book…” they made there way to the entrance, “Makoto bought a cook book.”
Michiru opened her locker; she rolled her eyes in annoyance. Another white envelope sat on the bottom of her locker, she picked it up. “Hey Ami…want an envelope?” Ami shook her head no and came over to her locker and looked in -on the top shelve was a stack of unopened envelopes and the bottom of her locker was also covered with white envelopes.
“Wow…you surely have a fan club,” Ami went back to her locker. Michiru got out her books she needed then shut her locker then leaned against. Ami closed her locker and looked at her friend who looked like she was in her own little world. “Michiru…” Ami placed her hand on her arm, “Michiru.” Her aqua haired friend blinked and realized that Ami was trying to get her attention, “Hmm…” Michiru looked into two concerned eyes. “The bell rang,”
“Oh,” Michiru tightened her grip on her books and gave Ami a half heartened smile, “I'll see you next period.” With that said Michiru walked off to her class, Ami watched her retreating form before she turned and went the opposite direction.
---------------------------------------
The stairs squeaked as an aqua haired girl slowly made her way up the stairs, her backpack hit each stair as the person held it in her hand. She walked through the hallway every so often she'd look at the different pictures of her and her family. She slowly opened her door to her bedroom and walked in; she sat her bag by her table then went over to her bed. Michiru lied down with her legs draped over the side. The sound of the fish tank was the only thing that disturbed the silence of the room. Michiru closed her eyes; she could feel the sting of unwanted tears forming behind her eye lids. On the outside she seemed cool and collective but inside she felt depressed and alone.
At school she even felt worse. All the students were all smiling and happy; everyone was excited about prom which was in a few days. Michiru may have gotten a lot of invitation from boys to go with them but she couldn't find it in herself just to go with just any one.
Michiru breathed in deeply trying to make her unshed tears disappear, she opened her eyes and sat up, she glanced over to her night stand were a certain picture sat. `Ruka…' she picked the picture up and sat it on her lap, she brought her trembling hand up and outlined the blondes face with her index finger. She sat the picture back on her night stand and opened the draw; inside the top draw was a little stack of paper neatly folded with an elastic band around them. Michiru carefully took them in her hand and removed the band; she unfolded one of the letters and reread it.
Hey Michi,
How have you been since I last wrote to you? I know I've been busy with graduation which is coming soon and prom. I gather your prom will be soon… I bet there's a long line up of handsome boys wanting to ask you to prom… There's been a few girls that have ask me to go with them but I don't know…I actually don't even want to go, my dad says I should cuz it is the only prom I'll have. There is actually one girl that I wouldn't mind going with…she has beautiful wavy aqua hair and the most amazing eyes you have ever seen only problem with that is she lives on the other side of the world.
Michiru folded the letter back up and sat it beside her, `There's only one person I want to go with too, and they have short blonde hair and beautiful teal eyes.'
---------------------------------
At a fancy restaurant named Wind & Water, people started to arrive for dinner. It was around five o'clock; it wouldn't get real busy until six or so. In the kitchen the first orders were being made, the line cooks were busy preparing the plates of delicious food. The head chef/owner was in her little office in the back doing paperwork when the phone rang.
“Wind and water, kitchen Kaioh speaking,” Yori tapped her pen against the desk, “Oh hi sweetheart.” Yori leaned back in her chair.
“No I'm not busy just yet,” Yori shook her head even though Kei couldn't see her. “You're worried about Michiru…” Yori leaned forward in her chair and rubbed her temples, “Yeah…I noticed she hasn't been herself lately,” Yori twirled her pen with her fingers, “Yes that is a good idea…maybe Ami will volunteer to take her.”
“I'll give Ami a call,” Yori said her good byes to her husband then hung the phone up. She opened the draw to her right and got out her telephone book, she scanned through it looking for Mizuno, `There it is.' She picked the phone up again and dialled the number.
“Hi Ami how are you?” Yori looked to a picture on her table of little Michiru in her bathing suit ready for her first swimming lesson. “I was wondering if you'd do me and Kei a favour…”
---------------------------------
The door bell rang through the entire house; off in the living room sat Kei who was looking over some music sheets. He looked to the clock, `Must be Ami.' Kei made his way to the front door; he opened the door and was greeted by a smiling Ami.
“Hello Kei…how are you?” Kei moved aside so Ami could come in, “I'm fine…thanks for doing this Ami…we really appreciate it.” Ami notice something was going on with Michiru…she has been acting strangely for awhile. “She's up in her room,” Kei pointed to the stairs. Ami kindly smiled at him then climbed the stairs to Michiru's room. Ami stopped in front of Michiru's door which was open, she looked inside. Michiru lied on her bed with her arm over top of her eyes and her feet hanging over the edge. Ami softly tapped on the door frame, “Michiru…” she silently walked into the room when she didn't answer. `She must be asleep,' she stopped beside the bed “Michiru?” Her aqua haired friend moved her arm from her eyes and looked at Ami, “Hi sleepy head.”
“Ami…” Michiru had confusion writing all over her face; Ami smiled at the state Michiru was in and sat on the bed, “Time to get up…I'm taking you out.” Ami placed her hand on Michiru's hand. “I'm not really in the mood for…”
“Nonsense…you made me go out when I didn't want to so now it's my turn to do the same to you.”
------------------------------
“Why are we here?” Michiru and Ami walked through the mall side by side, “I thought you didn't like shopping?” Ami stopped in front of a large book store, “Not when it comes to books.” A huge sign stood in the window of the store: 25 percentOff Sale.
“There are a few books I want to get,” Ami walked into the store and soon lost track of her friend. Michiru smiled to herself, `We're going to be here awhile.' Ami could spend hours in a good book store just looking at all the different selection. Michiru made her way down the music isle where you could find books on different instruments and the history of music.
A couple of isles from Michiru was Ami who stood off to the side holding a rather thick book; she just read the back of it. `That sounds interesting,' she looked up to the top shelf were she got the book from and was about to get another one when her vision went dark. Her heart rate increased which she could hear in her ears, “Guess who?” a person spoke in her ear, it was a girl's voice but it was husky like the person just got up from sleeping. “Aren't you going to guess?” The person's hot breath tickled her skin; she couldn't find her voice so she shook her head no. The person removed their hands from her eyes; Ami blinked as the darkness was suddenly gone. She turned around to face the person responsible for almost giving her a heart attack; two green eyes stared back at her.
“Makoto?” She could feel her face flush at the realization of just how close Makoto was standing to her. Makoto smiled at the blue haired genius, “Did I scare you?”
“Of course not…you just startled me,” she tightened her grip on her book that she held to her chest. The brunette grin goofily at her, “That's good…I wouldn't want to give you a heart attack or something like that.”
“Hey Makoto!” standing further down the isle stood Usagi who held a few magazines in her hands, “I thought I lost you.” The blonde came over to them. “Hello Usagi,” Ami smiled at the blonde. “Hi Ami…buying more books?” Usagi looked to the book she held so tightly.
“I'm thinking about it.”
“That's cool…I'm going to get these,” Usagi held up her two magazines, one ways short cuts for different video games and other was a manga. “I thought you said you spent all your allowance on junk food,” Makoto looked to her friend, her smiling face turned into a frown. “Oh yeah…” she looked down to her magazine and pouted, “I'll be right back.” Usagi slowly walked away dragging her feet.
“That's Usagi for you…always spends her allowance as soon as she gets it,” Makoto laughed at her friends spending abilities. Ami watched Makoto as she laughed; it was very pleasing to her ears. Makoto could feel two eyes on her; she looked to Ami and caught her looking at her, Ami quickly looked away from her trying not look like she was staring.
“So…did Michiru come with you or are you here by yourself?” Makoto could tell Ami didn't want to look at her in the eyes, after all she just got caught staring. “I-I came with Michiru,” she looked past Makoto not wanting to look her in the eye. “We should go find her,” Makoto stuck her hands in her pant pockets; Ami nodded her head and followed the brunette.
------------------------------------
Michiru held a grey book in her hands; it was opened to a page of pictures of different instruments. In the middle of them was a beautiful glass violin which was produced by a glassware maker named Hario. Michiru ran her finger along the outside of the violin, `I wonder what it feels like to play?' She looked up from the book just in time to see a familiar blonde walk by; she closed the book and put it back on the shelf then went over to the blonde that was looking at some magazines. Michiru lightly tapped her on the shoulder, the blonde turned around and a happy smile formed on her face. “Michiru…you're here too?”
“Hey Usagi,” Michiru clasped her hands in front of her, “I just seen Ami a few seconds ago.” She pointed over to one of the many rows; Michiru looked to were Usagi pointed. Makoto and Ami were walking towards them; Michiru couldn't help but smile at her blue haired friend. She may have looked the same as she always did but if you'd look into her eyes they were happier then normal.
“Hello Michiru,” Makoto stopped in front of the two girls with Ami by her side, “Hi Makoto…are you buying any more cookbooks?” Makoto smiled at her, “Not today.”
“Hey do you guys want to grab a drink?” Usagi looked between her three friends. “Sure.”
The four of them walked to the food court, they order there drinks from a café then went to find a seat. They found a seat in front of a store that sold dresses ranging from causal to most elegant. A certain dress caught the eye of Usagi who stared at it, “Are you guys going to the prom?” Usagi sucked on her straw to get some of her smoothie that Makoto bought for her since she didn't have any money. Either girl didn't answer her, Michiru gripped her tea cup and Ami stared into her water glass. Not getting an answer from her friends Usagi looked to them, “Aren't you?”
“I'm not going…” Ami didn't look up from her water. “Why's that?” Makoto looked to Ami who sat opposite of her, “I…” Ami looked up to her green eyes; they looked so mysterious but calming.
“I think I want to try that dress on,” Usagi stood from her chair and looked down to her friends, “Come on lets go.” The blonde made a dash to the entrance of the store. Makoto shook her head at her friend and stood from her seat then went over to the blonde, “Why do you want to try it on for…you aren't even going to prom.”
“I know but…I'm just trying to pick one out for next year.” Usagi smiled at the brunette and went into the store. Makoto stood by the entrance and waited for Ami and Michiru to come, “We might be here awhile.” She warned the two as the walked by her.
-----------------------------------
Ami stood in front of a rack of different dresses, one particular dress stood out to her. The dress was quite beautiful, it was a shade lighter then her hair, spaghetti straps held it up and around the chest the material was bunched slightly with a little clasp in the middle. Ami ran her hand along the silk fabric.
Makoto watched Ami from the other side of the store, the way she held the fabric in her hand and felt the silkiness of it. She walked over to her and stood right behind her, “I bet you'd look beautiful in that.” Ami let go of the material and turned her head slightly away from Makoto eyes, she could feel heat rising in her cheeks. Makoto stepped closer to her, “You should try it on,” she reached over her shoulder and took hold of the dress she was just looking at. Ami held her breath at the touch of the brunette, “But I.”
“Come on,” she started to walk to the back of the store were the dressing rooms were then stopped half away there when she realized Ami wasn't following her. “Ami?” she walked back toward her, “Ami what's wrong?” she placed her hand on her shoulder. “N-Nothing,” she whispered and looked to the ground. “Alright then…do you want to try this on…I'm kind of curious to how it's going to look on you,” Makoto smiled at Ami's flushed face. Ami nodded her head and followed the brunette.
-------------------------------------
Michiru stood in front of a manikin that wore a rather beautiful dress, the dress was pure white without any sleeves, and it did up around the neck and had white gloves that went up past the manikin's elbows. “Are you going to try it on?” Michiru didn't notice that Usagi stood beside her, “Usagi,” she was surprised; “I thought you were trying on that dress you'd liked?”
“Yeah,” the blonde put her hand behind her head, “I was then I noticed how much it was and I didn't want to wreck it.”
“Oh,” Michiru looked to the dress one last time then walked over to where Makoto stood followed by Usagi.
“Is Ami trying on a dress?” Makoto nodded her head. Michiru went into the dressing room's hallway and stood in front of a door that had a mirror on it. “Ami?” she looked to all the different doors not sure which one her friend was in. “Yes,” behind one of the doors stood Ami with her dress on looking into the mirror. “Are you going to show us?” Ami took a deep breath and slowly opened the door.
“Wow Ami you look…gorgeous,” she had never seen her friend wear anything like this before. Ami lowered her head in embarrassment. “Wow Ami…” Usagi was speechless; Ami could feel her face getting redder.
“Ami…you're…” Makoto knew she was already pretty before but now she was beyond that, “Beautiful…you're going to have to beat the guys off with a stick,” Makoto face was slightly flush also. “Thanks,” Ami whispered.
----------------------------------------
The sky was covered with dark clouds threatening for a rainstorm at any minute it was expected though as the weather was very warm but not humid.
In her bedroom sat Michiru who was flipping the pages of her history note book trying to get her mind off of a certain party this evening. She could just imagine all the students happy faces as they danced the night away in there beautiful dresses and handsome tuxedos. She starred at the words on the page not really seeing them; after awhile of getting nothing accomplished Michiru closed her book and went over to her bed. A sad sigh escaped her lips as she laid on her back with her feet hanging over the edge; she closed her eyes and just listened to the running water of her fish tank.
Downstairs in the kitchen sat Michiru's parents at the table, Kei held a bottle of water in his hand and Yori held a cup of tea that was almost gone. “I guess I should go…I don't want to be late, right?” Yori stood from the table and put her cup in the sink. “I'm sure this will cheer Michiru up…it just has too.” Kei kissed his wife and gave her a hug, “You'd better get going sweetheart.” Yori smiled at her husband then left the house and onto her destination.
----------------------------------------
The sound of rain hitting the window woke a sleeping form from her sleep, they rubbed the sleep from there eyes and sat up. The room was dark except the light coming from the fish tank. A light tapping on her door interrupted the silence of the room, “Come in.” The door was opened slowly and in stuck her father's head, “Were you sleeping?” She looked to her father who smiled back at her. “Not really.” Kei opened the door all the way and came further into the room. “Didn't you hear me call you?” Michiru shook her head no. “Your mother wants you.” Michiru stood from her bed and came over to her father. “Where is she?”
“She's in the living room the last time I seen her.” Michiru walked passed her father and down the stairs. She stopped in the door way, in front of her hanged the white dress that she really liked from the store in the mall. “Mom…?” Michiru slowly stepped closer to the dress. “Do you like it?” She turned around quickly; her mother came into the room.
“How did you know…?”
“I asked Ami to keep an eye on you when you guys went shopping the other day.”
“Why…” her voice quivered.
“I thought you'd look nice in it…” Yori crossed her arms in front of her chest.
“Why did you buy this…I…I'm not going to my prom…” she looked to the ground; a guilty feeling creped through her, her mother spent all that money and she wouldn't even wear it.
Unknown to Michiru a silhouette stood in the door way that connected the kitchen and the living room. The silhouette crossed there arms over there chest and moved slightly forward. “Are you telling me that I came all this way and you're not even going to go to your prom?”
Michiru looked up into her mother eyes, `that sounded…' she quickly turned her head to the sound of the voice, her eyes widen in surprise.
---------------------------------------
TBC….
Let me know what you think and if there's any spelling or grammar errors let me know please.