Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Turn Around ❯ Chapter One ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I do not own Sailor Moon. I only take claim to the sorceress and the plot line.

A/N: I’ve had this idea in my head since I began writing fiction but I never wrote it out. I’m hoping that putting this out will put my muses to ease. As if I need more things to work on. I also got inspired by a music video I recently downloaded set to ‘Total Eclipse of the heart’ by Bonnie Tyler. Enjoy!

--Chapter One--

Serena had been in a peaceful sleep before she was rudely interrupted by the annoying beeping of her communicator.

“What?” Serena said, groggily. Ami’s face appeared in the screen.

“Serena, we need your help. Get to the park quickly.”

“Who would attack at this hour?” Serena yawned.

“What do you mean ‘at this hour’? It’s barely ten.” Rei yelled as her face replaced Ami’s. “Now get up and come help us. Darien should be there to pick you up.” The screen went blank. Serena groaned and pushed herself out of bed just as a pebble hit her window. She walked over to it and opened it when she saw Darien standing in the yard.

“Serena, the girls need help in the park.” He told her.

“I know. Ami just told me. I’m on my way down.” Serena closed her window and went to slip on a pair of shoes and grab her compact. She didn’t bother to change out of her pajamas because they didn’t reveal anything. She snuck downstairs to the door which she quietly opened and went out.

Serena didn’t notice she was being watched as she got into Darien’s car and driven off.

-The Park-

“What is taking her so long?” Rei wondered as the four scouts hid behind some bushes. “I swear she’s slower than a slug on ice.”

“Give her a break. Darien can only drive so fast.” Mina said.

“That is if Serena is even awake yet.” Lita added. “I can’t stand it anymore. We have to attack and quit sitting here for them to find us.”

“Lita’s right. If those things find us, we might not be able to attack them before they attack us.” Ami said, putting her computer away. “Something about them seems very familiar though.”

“I know what you mean. It’s like we’ve fought them before.” Rei commented.

“Who cares if we’ve fought them before? Let’s go and kick their butts now.” Lita encouraged. The rest of the scouts agreed and jumped out of the bushes to face the monsters head on.

“This is the end of the line for you.” Lita stated to the monsters.

“What a brave girl.” One of them said to the other.

“Brave but foolish.” The other replied. Lita narrowed her eyes.

“I’ll show you foolish.” She said angrily. “Jupiter Oak Evolution.”

The creatures just laughed and twisted their tails together. Lita’s attack was caught by their tails. The creatures grinned at each other and threw the attack back. Rei and Ami looked at each other.

“The Gemini Twins!” They shouted. “Duck!” All four scouts fell to the ground and covered their heads as Lita’s attack barely missed them.

“You know them?” Mina asked, uncovering her head when the blast as past them.

“We’ve fought them before.” Ami replied as the scouts stood up. “It was back when it was just Moon, Mars and I.”

“But we defeated them.” Rei added.

“Apparently you didn’t.” Lita replied.

“I’m sure we did.” Ami said. “We combined attacks and transformed them back into the pencil they were created from.”

“Then how are they here now?”

“I don’t know.” Ami quickly created a fog, hiding the scouts from the Gemini Twins for a short time. “My idea is to do what we did last time, combine our attacks, but we need Sailor Moon’s tiara to complete it.” Ami explained. Suddenly the fog lifted and the scouts met face to face with the Gemini twins.

“Found you.” Both said before aiming a fire attack at the scouts, who barely managed to avoid it.

“This is too easy.” One of the twins commented as both began advancing. Until a red rose embedded itself in their path.

“Hold it right there Nega-sleaze.” The twins looked over the scouts to the ledge where Sailor Moon and Tuxedo Mask now stood. They jumped down to stand in front of the scouts. “I don’t know how or why you came back but we’re sending you where you belong.” Serena declared.

“It took you long enough to get here.” Rei shouted from behind her.

“Back off Mars.” Serena muttered, before turning her attention back to the twins. “How did you come back anyway?” She asked the twins.

“The Negaverse is awaking again. Everyone you destroyed are returning.”

“We have a new leader. Much more powerful than Queen Beryl.” The twins answered.

“Now anymore questions before we destroy you?”

“I have one.” Darien stepped forward. “How do you plan to destroy us?”

“With fire.”

“With bubbles.” The Gemini twins turned and glared at each other.

“My attack is stronger.” Both twins yelled at the other.

“There you go Sailors.” Darien moved out of the way.

“Thanks Tuxedo Mask.” Serena said before turning to the girls. “Are you ready?”

“Yes.” The four scouts replied.

“Mercury Bubbles Blast!”

“Mars Fire Ignite!”

“Jupiter Wide Pressure!”

“Venus Crescent Beam Smash!”

“Moon Tiara Magic!”

The five attacks combined as they headed for the bickering Gemini twins. They stopped fighting long enough to notice the attack heading for them.

“Not again.” They both shrieked as the attack consumed and destroyed them. The dust cleared to show a black crystal in the place of the Gemini twins. Serena walked to it and picked it up.

“What’s this?” She wondered handing it to Ami.

“It looks like Nephrite’s black crystal but this one has the sign of Gemini on it.”

“Could it be how this new leader of the Negaverse summoned those twins we just beat?” Lita offered.

“It could be.” Ami replied. “I’ll analyze it later.”

“I thought we were finished with the Negaverse but after all these years it comes back.” Mina commented in deep thought.

“We may never be rid of it.” Darien said. Serena let out a large yawn.

“Can I go home now?” She asked. Rei rolled her eyes.

“Yes Serena you can go home. But we’re meeting at the temple tomorrow to figure this all out.” The scouts nodded and parted. Darien drove Serena home. Giving Darien a quick kiss goodbye, Serena walked to her front door. She softly opened and closed the door.

The lights came on and Serena yelped, jumping around to see what had caused the sudden change in her environment.

“Dad!” Serena placed her hand on her chest, attempting to calm her heart. “What are you doing awake?”

“What are you doing leaving with him when you’re supposed to be in bed?” Her father countered, his tone was accusatory.

“Well…um…” Serena looked at the ground. She couldn’t tell him the truth and she couldn’t come up with a believable excuse either.

“That’s the last time.”

“What?“ Serena’s eyes shot up to look at her father. His face had the red tint of anger.

“I forbid you to see Darien ever again.”

“But-but why?” Serena was confused. She’s been dating Darien for years, why did he have a problem now?

“I said so. I will not have my daughter acting like a common prostitute!” Her father shouted at her.

“What? I’ve never--” Serena began to shriek.

“What is going on down here?” Ikuko Tsukino came down the stairs in her nightgown; awaken by her husband’s shouting. “Kenji why did you call Serena a prostitute?” Ikuko went to Serena’s side, placing her hands gently on Serena’s shoulders.

“Why?” Kenji questioned. “She’s been sneaking around with that boyfriend of hers, probably doing things she’s not supposed to be doing.”

“But Dad I haven‘t done anything!” Serena insisted, her eyes filling up with tears. This wasn’t fair!

“Now Kenji, Serena is a very level headed girl when it comes to right and wrong. I don’t believe she would do anything wrong. Am I right?” Ikuko looked down at Serena who nodded back frantically.

“I don’t care.” Kenji replied. “I said she is never to see Darien and I mean it! She is my daughter and she will do what I say!” He shouted in rage.

Serena had never seen her father so angry. It frightened her slightly.

“Serena, go to one of your friend’s house for tonight.” Ikuko nudged her toward the door. “Don’t worry honey, I’ll get everything straightened out.” Ikuko opened the door for her. “And make sure Darien doesn’t come around until then.” She whispered to Serena.

“Thanks Mom.” Serena nodded, silvery tears running tracks down her face. Serena walked to the end of the drive before turning it into an all-out sprint. The accusations her father just made to her continually ran through her head, causing her vision to blur with tears that had not yet fallen.

Serena ran until she reached Lita’s apartment complex. She didn’t want to bother Ami and her family, Mina was at a lock-in with her volleyball team and the last thing Serena wanted to see was Rei and Chad making googly eyes at each other.

The strength in Serena’s legs began to give out as she climbed the stairs to the third floor. The run had taken a lot out of her. Serena knocked loudly on Lita’s door, praying silently that Lita was home. On her second knock, she heard Lita shout “Who is it?”

“It’s me.” Serena’s voice cracked. The door opened to show Lita in a pair of green pajama pants and a black tank top.

“Serena? What are you doing here?” Lita questioned, ushering Serena in to sit on her comfy sofa. Lita took in Serena’s red rimmed eyes and breathlessness. “What happened?”

“My dad.” Serena quietly answered. She then went through everything that had happened after they beat the Gemini twins.

“Oh Serena.” Lita sat next to her friend, wrapping her arms around Serena in a hug. Serena placed her hands on Lita’s back as sobs racked her body. She felt Lita rub her back soothingly. It was very comforting to the distraught blonde.

“You can stay here as long as you want.” Lita said when Serena’s crying subsided into sniffles.

“I won’t be a bother?” Serena removed herself from Lita’s embrace, wiping away her tears.

“Of course not.” Lita smiled. “You know I’m always looking for a roommate.” Lita handed Serena a tissue. “Is there anything I can get you?” Serena shook her head.

“No thanks. I think I’d just like to go to sleep.” Lita nodded and stood. She lead Serena to her guestroom.

“Serena,” Lita began getting her attention, “Everything will get better. You just wait and see.”

“Thanks Lita.” Serena smiled and bid goodnight before closing the door as Lita made her way to her own bedroom. Serena slid between the blankets on the bed and rested her head on the soft pillow. She willed all her thoughts away and fell into a fitful slumber.

Well, how was that? It feels so nice to be able to write fan fiction again. I’ve been doing nothing but original work for my publishing class, which by the way, is publishing two of my stories in our school magazine. I’m proud of that but I really missed fan fiction. Leave a review. And no flames please.