Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Turn Around ❯ Chapter 2 ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

--Chapter Two--

The smell of food and the sound of hushed voices brought Serena out of her uneasy sleep. She blinked away her sleep and slowly sat up. Serena dazingly wondered why she was at Lita’s place before the memories of last night invaded her mind. Tears stung her eyes at the accusations her father made. Serena rubbed away any tears before getting out of the bed. She reached up and pulled her hair from its odango style, rubbing away the soreness from sleeping with it up.

She padded across the carpet to the door. She walked down the hall to find Lita standing at the stove cooking while talking to the rest of her friends. Ami noticed her first.

“Morning Serena.” Ami greeted quickly going to stand at her side. She guided Serena to sit on the sofa between her and Mina.

“We heard about last night.” Mina wrapped her arms around Serena in a tight hug.

“Your mom called us all this morning.” Rei explained. “She was trying to find you. She asked me to pick up some of your clothes for you." Rei held up a pink duffle bag for Serena to see. Serena nodded at the bag and watched Rei set it back down.

"I told your mom that you're welcome to stay here as long as you want." Lita told Serena. "She said she'll check on you later today."

"I don't understand." Serena whispered.

"Serena?" Ami questioned.

"I thought Dad liked Darien. I mean he did have a problem at first with the age difference but I thought he got over it. He was nice to Darien and even invited him over to dinner a few times. What happened?" Serena buried her head in her hands. "I don't get it!"

"Oh Serena." Ami wrapped her arms around Serena over Mina's arms. Rei moved to kneel in front of Serena on the sofa. She lifted Serena's head out of her hands and wiped the tears from Serena's cheeks.

"Everything will turn out alright." Rei offered with a smile. "You and Darien are destined to be together. Your father will come around." Serena sniffled and nodded. Rei watched as hope entered Serena's eyes again.

"Breakfast is ready." Lita announced. Serena stomach grumbled causing the girls to laugh. Mina and Ami made their way to the table with Serena walking in between them. Lita stood next to Rei as she stood up. "Do you think Serena's dad will come around?" Lita asked Rei.

"I'm not so sure that was Serena's dad talking." Rei said.

"Huh?"

"When I walked into Serena's house this morning, there was this dark presence especially around Mr. Tsukino when he ran past me at the door."

"Really?" Lita asked surprised. "What was it?"

"I don't know yet." Rei admitted. "It felt similar to what I felt back when the Negaverse controlled people but not exactly."

"Should we tell Serena?" Rei shook her head.

"I want to be certain before we add another more to Serena's emotional load." Lita nodded.

"Rei! Lita! You better get in here before Serena eats all the food." Mina shouted from the other room.

"Shut up Mina." They heard Serena grumbled. Rei and Lita shared a laugh before going to join the others at breakfast.

"Do you think you made enough?" Rei asked as she sat down at the end of the table. The dining table was covered in a breakfast feast.

"I might have gotten carried away." Lita admitted sitting across from Rei at the other end of the table. "It's nice to cook for other people besides me everyday." The girls helped themselves to the food that Lita prepared. A knock was heard at the door after a few minutes of eating. Lita got up to answer it. She opened the door.

"Hi Darien." She greeted letting him in. "Serena's in the dining room."

“How is she?”

“Confused. But what else would you expect?” Lita lead Darien to the dining room. Serena stood from her chair as soon as she saw Darien.

“Serena.” Darien held his arms open as Serena walked around the table to him.

“Darien.” Serena tightly wrapped her arms around Darien and burrowed her face in his jacket. One of his arms wrapped around her while the other hand stroked her hair.

“I don’t care what he says Darien.” Serena lifted her face to meet his gaze. “I’m not letting you go.”

“I’m not letting you go either Serena.” Darien brushed her cheek with the back of his hand. “We’ve been through too much to give up now.”

“He’s right Serena. You two are destined for each other.” Mina offered with a smile. “Not even Queen Beryl could break you apart.”

“Or Nehellenia.” Lita added.

“Or Galaxia.” Rei added.

“Or King Endymion.” Ami added then blushed when everyone looked at her. “Well he did try to break them up.”

“Thanks guys.” Serena said with a hint of sarcasm in her voice. She took Darien by the hand and lead him back to her chair where she sat on his lap.

Breakfast was eaten quickly. Lita was constantly complimented on her cooking. Lita and Ami were gathering the empty dishes when the phone rang. Lita rushed to the living room to answer it.

“Serena, it’s your mom.” Lita shouted. Serena went to the living room.

“Hey guys,” Rei said quietly. “There’s something off about Mr. Tsukino. I felt it when I went by her house this morning.”

“Really?” Mina asked. “Like what?”

“Almost like…” Rei glanced toward the living room, seeing if Serena was near. “a Youma.”

“Youma?” Ami gasped quietly. “We haven’t come across a youma since Serena defeated Queen Beryl.”

“That’s what it felt like.” Rei replied. “But don’t tell Serena. I want to be one hundred percent sure if my feeling is right before we tell her.”

“I agree.” Darien said. “Serena is hurting right now and would likely do something rash.”

The girls nodded and quickly turned the conversation before Serena came back in the room.

“Mom says that it would be a good idea for me to stay here longer. She said Dad is acting nice around her and Sammy now but he’s not back to normal.” Serena explained before anyone asked. “I hope you don’t mind Lita.”

“I told you I don’t.” Lita slung her arm around Serena’s shoulders. “Having a roommate is great.” Lita grinned. “Now I finally have someone to give the bathroom chores to.”

“WHAT!” Serena whirled around on Lita. Her eyes wide and incredulous. Everyone else burst out in laughter at the look on Serena’s face. Lita heard the phone ring again over her laughter.

“Just kidding Serena.” She said patting the now pouting Serena on the head. A loud beeping interrupted the laughter. Ami opened the communicator on her wrist.

“Hi Michelle.” She greeted with a smile.

“Hello Ami.” Michelle greeted back. “We’re calling a sailor scout meeting today.”

“Why?” Rei peered over Ami’s shoulder.

“We have a new enemy. Amara and Hotaru were attacked last night.” Michelle replied.

“We were also attacked last night.” Ami informed Michelle.

“Are you girls alright?” Amara’s face replaced Michelle’s.

“Yes we’re fine.” Ami replied. Amara nodded.

“The temple in a hour?” She asked.

“Okay we’ll see you there.” Rei said and communication was ended.

“So much for a peaceful year.” Mina grumbled.

“You ever expected one?” Lita questioned, smiling. Mina stuck out her tongue.

“Alright you two.” Rei said. “Let’s go see if all six of us will still cram into Darien’s car.”

“I call front seat.” Lita said making a dash for the door.

“Who says?” Mina called, running after her. Rei and Ami went after them, shaking their heads.

Serena stood at the door and waited for Darien. She wrapped her arm tightly around his and looked up into his blue eyes. Darien looked back down at her and smiled.

“Everything will be alright. Trust me.” Darien laid a gentle kiss on her forehead. Serena smiled brightly and laid her head on his arm as they walked from Lita’s apartment to Darien’s car.

--The Negaverse--

It was cold and deserted. But that was the way she liked it.

Desolate. Unforgiving. Merciless.

It was her.

Heels clanked on the stone of the floor as she made her way through. The dark palace was torn up and the throne was in pieces but it didn’t matter to her. One snap of her black gloved fingers and the room was made over.

Black chiffon curtains hung from the ceiling while silver columns held the flames that lit the room . The area where Queen Beryl’s throne once stood was replaced with a new throne made of black iron and accented with deep burgundy cushioning.

Satisfied with her new surroundings, she smirked evilly. She pulled four stones out of thin air and telepathically laid them on the ground. She gracefully sat on her throne.

“The time is near. I will finish what Queen Beryl began before she let her guard down for that foolish Earth prince. The Negaverse shall reign supreme over the Moon Kingdom. Princess Serenity shall bow to me, the sorceress Lady Amber.”

Her evil cackle filled the empty palace as Lady Amber set her plans into motion.

“Now… where are those generals?”

--I can honestly say now that I’ve seen every form of Sailor Moon out there, including the musical and the live action series. So don’t be surprised to find a little influence from other forms of Sailor Moon besides the American version of the anime. Review!--