Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Under a Crystal Moon ❯ Chapter 3 ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Under a Crystal Moon

By Lady Sylver

_________________________________________________________ ___________________

It's been a while since I have finished a new story or re-edited an old story. So, I have sat down and finally re-edited this story. I have now incorporated the songs that I wrote for this story into it. I figured that if I wrote the songs, why not put them into the text of the story.

Also, I found a few other things that need to be changed. I have been thinking about doing a sequel to this story, so that is another reason for re-reading this story. Hope everyone enjoys and let me know if I should write a sequel or not.

I don't own Sailor Moon. I just enjoy writing stories about her.

~Lady Sylver

_________________________________________________________ ___________________

Chapter 3

Rena walks out of her room dressed in a pale blue dress. She walks down the stairs where Mark is waiting patiently for her. He holds out a white for her as she nears the bottom stairs. A tear runs down her cheek. She quickly wipes the tear away hoping that Mark does not see her crying and takes the rose.

"For being thirteen, you sure are a sweetheart." She says as she holds the rose to her nose and breaths in the sweet perfume.

"You are my best friend." He says as he takes her hand and helps her down the last few steps. "You've been here for three and a half years today, so I thought I'd give you a small gift."

"It is a beautiful rose." She says. "But, I still don't know how I let you talk me into this, you silver tongued brat."

"Because you are a good singer, Rena." He looks into her eyes. "I really think you'll win this competition tonight."

"Don't get your hopes up."

"Come on." He yells as he pulls her out the door.

*****

"Now for our final competitor of the night. Rena."

Rena walks up onto the stage. She takes a deep breath as she pulls the microphone toward her mouth and walks toward center stage. "The song I am going to sing for you tonight is by Sarah Mclachlan. It's I Will Remember You."

The first notes are hit on the piano. Her voice and the notes begin to dance through the room.

I will remember you
Will you remember me
Don't let your life pass you by
Weep not for the memories


Remember the good times
That we had
Let them slip away from us
When things got bad
Clearly I first saw you
Smiling in the sun
Want to feel your warmth upon me
I want to be the one


I'm so tired
But I can't sleep
Standing on the edge
Of something much too deep
It's funny how we feel so much
But cannot say a word
We are screaming inside
But can't be heard


So afraid to love you
More afraid to lose
Clinging to a past
That doesn't let me choose
Once there was a darkness
Deep in endless night
You gave me everything you had
Oh you gave me light

When the music and voice die away, the entire audience rises to their feet. The applause fill the room. She bows and then walks from the stage.

Rena takes a seat next to Mark. "You were wonderful." A pink tint rises into her cheeks.

"Now, Judges, who is our winner tonight."

"We have a unanimous decision. Rena is our winner." The judge in the middle announces.

Rena turns white as the news hits her ears. "This can't be happening." She thinks to herself. "This is a nightmare, right?" She whispers.

"Rena, you are going to be a star." Mark says as he smiles at her. The smile drops as he sees the look of horror on her face.

"No!" Rena stands up and runs as fast as she can from the building. "I can't become famous, or they will find me." She thinks to herself as tears fall down her face and she continues to run.

A woman with long pink hair in an odango hairstyle stands in the back of the room and shakes her head as Rena runs out of the building. She watches as Mark stands and runs after Rena. A small sad smile crosses her lips as she watches this sight.

*****

Rena runs to the nearby park. When she gets a short distance in, she collapses against a tree. The tears run down her face as she pulls her knees to her chest and rests her head on her knees. When Mark finally reaches her, he sits down next to her and pulls her into his arms. "It'll be okay, Rena." He says as he tries to desperately comfort his friend.

"I can't be a star. I don't want to see them." Rena sobs into his shoulder.

"We'll figure it out, Rena." I know that you are trying to hide from whoever hurt you in the past, but this is your big chance." He puts his finger under her chin and lifts her face so she is looking into his eyes. "Don't blow this."

"If you are hiding for some reason, I have the perfect idea." Both look up at the new voice. A tall man with dark brown hair and green eyes stands before them. "I am Josh." He says as he reaches a hand out to Rena, but when she doesn't take it he pulls it back and sits down in front of them. "You are a wonderful singer and should share it with the world. I know that there are going to be a lot of people out there that will love to hear your voice."

Mark and Rena recognize him as the record producer from the competition. "So, what is your idea?" Mark asks.

"A mask and a recording name." Josh smiles. Rena gives him a small smile and the tears slowly begin to stop. "Be at my office tomorrow. We'll discuss the rest of the details then."

*****

Rena and Mark walk into Josh's office. He motions for them to sit down. "So, Rena, how many songs do you have?"

Rena reaches into her bag and pulls out a notebook. She hands the book to Josh. "How long have you been writing songs, Rena?" Mark asks in surprise.

"About two weeks after we met." She smiles toward Mark. "Now, about this identity thing." She looks toward Josh.

He puts the notebook down. "These are good." He says as he reaches into a drawer in the desk. He pulls out a piece of paper and hands it to her. "This is my idea." He hands the paper to Rena.

She looks at the paper and sees a sketch there. The sketch is of a mask that looks like a butterfly, but it is made of feathers. "It's beautiful, but may I make a couple of changes to it?"

"You have to wear it. It was just an idea anyway. Now, what about a name?"

"I would like to go by the name Reanna." She tells him.

"Well then, shall we will start recording tomorrow."

Smiles cross all their faces as Rena and Mark leave to prepare for tomorrow.