Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Under a Crystal Moon ❯ Chapter 4 ( Chapter 4 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Under a Crystal Moon

By Lady Sylver

_________________________________________________________ ___________________

It's been a while since I have finished a new story or re-edited an old story. So, I have sat down and finally re-edited this story. I have now incorporated the songs that I wrote for this story into it. I figured that if I wrote the songs, why not put them into the text of the story.

Also, I found a few other things that need to be changed. I have been thinking about doing a sequel to this story, so that is another reason for re-reading this story. Hope everyone enjoys and let me know if I should write a sequel or not.

I don't own Sailor Moon. I just enjoy writing stories about her.

~Lady Sylver

_________________________________________________________ ___________________

Chapter 4

The moon slowly sets. A young woman with long, light blonde hair leans on the railing of the pier. The sounds of the waves crashing into the pier supports and the faint music from a nearby club are all that can be heard. A soft breeze begins to blow causing her hair to dance around her. She pulls the white shawl up onto her bare shoulders. The lightweight black sundress is not enough protection from the slightly chilled breeze and the light mist from the sea. As her bright blue eyes gaze upon the moon, a tear begins to trickle down her cheek.

She reaches into the purse that graces her slender wrist. When her hand emerges from the bag, a golden star shaped locket lies in her hand. As she gazes down at the locket, she pushes a button and the glass lid opens. As the lid opens, music begins to play. The tune is sad, but sweet. It brings another tear to her eye as she listens to the haunting melody.

Her gaze turns toward the moon once more. As she stands there, a hand comes to rest on her shoulder. She turns to look at the owner of the hand. He is rewarded with a small smile from her. He reaches a finger up and wipes the tear from her cheek. "A penny for your thoughts, Beautiful Lady."

She turns so that her back leans against the pier railing. She closes the lid to the locket and places it into her purse. "Why are you so concerned with my thoughts?" She looks into his brown eyes.

"Rena, we have been friends since you came to this place. You are my best friend. I know when you begin to think of them."

"You know, for being younger then me you are certainly a wise young man, Mark." She sighs. "Don't tell me the next thing I know you are going to say." She gives him a knowing look. "They don't need or want me. I am not going home."

"Rena, you have not spoken to any of them in four and a half years. Aren't you the least bit curious? I know I would be."

"That is because you are fourteen. All fourteen year olds are curious."

He sighs, as he knows this is a losing battle with her. "All right, you win for now." He looks out over the ocean and watches the moonlight play on the ocean waves for a short while. "Your home lies out there doesn't it?" He asks her casually, trying just one more approach.

"Yes. My home was once there." She turns to look out across the ocean again. "I don't know why I get like this, Mark. They think I am dead, so there is no sense in even thinking about going home."

"Did you hear the news from Japan today?" He glances over at Rena with a sly grin. She shakes her head no and continues to stare at the ocean. "Things are getting bad over there. The Sailor Senshi have been able to handle things since their leader died defeating a youma, but the paper was saying the youma are getting stronger. They can no longer fight against evil without Sailor Moon."

"Maybe the Sailor Senshi need to stop protecting those people. Those girls never should have begun fighting evil in the first place."

"The paper also said," Mark begins, but is cut off by Rena.

"I don't want to hear about the Sailor Senshi or about Japan, Mark!" She yells at him. The tears begin to flow down her face.

"Rena?" He waits for her to look at him. "The article is on your bed at the house. I didn't mean to make you cry. I thought you might like to know what is going on in Japan. I am sorry."

"Japan has many bad memories for me." She sighs as she looks toward Mark. "I don't want to go back there."

"Rena, your concert starts in a couple if hours. Want me to walk you there?" He places his hand out to her.

"Give me a couple of minute and then I will walk with you."

"I will be right over there." He points off to an area that is a distance away.

Rena nods to him and watches him leave. "Raye, Ami, Minako, Makoto, and Mamoru, please hear my silent plea to you. Remember always to be happy in your lives. I am dead to you. You are the ones who caused it, but I forgive you. Please stay safe." She reaches behind her and pulls out six roses; red, crimson, pink, yellow, blue, and green. She raises each toward the moon after she kisses the bud, then she throws them into the ocean below. She turns to see Mark staring at her. She looks back to the moon. "I miss you all. Stay safe." She walks over to meet up with Mark.

*****

Mars stands in front of the youma. "Mars...Fire..." A fireball begins forming at the tips of her fingers. She concentrates until it has reached its maximum power. "See how well you can handle this. Ignite!" She releases the ball of fire at the youma. As the ball of fire nears the youma, a red rose strikes it from the side.

"You should not attack beautiful places. For the part you took in the destruction of this park, I will help to defeat you." Tuxedo Kamen yells as he throws another rose. The youma, being completely distracted by Tuxedo Kamen, takes Mars's fireball directly in the side.

As the other Senshi begin to make their attacks, Tuxedo Kamen leaves the scene of the battle. His head drops toward the ground as he lets his transformation fade away. A red rose stays in his hand after the transformation has ended. He lifts the red rose to his nose and breathes in the scent. A sigh escapes from him as he lets the rose drop to the ground. "Usako." He whispers as he leaves the park.

A teardrop glistens on the rose lying on the ground. A rose that signifies the loss of a loved one and the bitter turmoil that eats him inside. The Sailor Senshi look down at the rose as they leave the park. Their own tears begin to fall down their cheeks as they think of their lost leader.

*****

"Now, Ladies and Gentleman, let me introduce you to the newest singing sensation, Reanna." Applause erupt from all around as a young woman in a black floor length dress walks out onto the stage. Her long flowing light blonde hair dances around her as she walks. She turns to face the audience. A white mask of feathers with black sequins for decoration adorns her face.

She pulls the microphone to her mouth and begins to speak. "Thank you all for coming. It is a pleasure for me to be able to perform for all of you tonight." She looks down at the stage and then back out across the audience. Her blue eyes glow from behind the white mask. "The first song that I would like to perform for you tonight is a song that I wrote. It's called Once, Long Ago."

The haunting melody begins to fill the air. Everyone in the audience is pulled into the song as the melody and the elegantly soft voice of the singer dance through the concert hall.

Once, long ago, I was a warrior.

Once, long ago, I fought for love.

Once, long ago, my true love left me.

Once, long ago, my friends turned on me.

Once, long ago, my heart was broke in two.

And I run away.

I never stopped loving them.

I never meant to hurt them.

But they're better off without me.

Once, long ago, you loved me.

Once, long ago, we were friends.

Once, long ago, we fought together.

Once, long ago, you said you'd never leave me.

Once, long ago, I died from the pain.

And I run away.

I never stopped loving them.

I never meant to hurt them.

But they're better off without me.

Once, long ago was such a long time.

Once, long ago, seems like forever.

Once, long ago the pain was great.

Once, long ago, you were mine.

By the time the song is over half the audience have tears in their eyes. By the end of the concert, lovers, old and new, are holding the person they care about in a protective manner. Afraid that something may happen this person, but all of them have a new feeling inside of them. A feeling of peace, love, and gratitude for having the person they love by their side.

Reanna walks into her dressing room and pulls off her mask. She puts her head down on the dressing table in front of her. A light knock is heard at the door. She replaces her mask as she rises to answer the door. As the door opens, a woman with light pink hair stands before her. A tear escapes her eye, but is caught by the mask that she wears. "Oh, Chibi Usa, I miss you." She thinks to herself as she looks at the woman that stands before her. "May I help you?"

The woman looks up at her with a pair of dark reddish-brown eyes. "I would like to get your autograph. Would you please sign my book for me?"

A small smile escapes from Reanna. "Who do I make this out to?" She stares at the woman as she waits for the answer. "She looks so much like Chibi Usa, but she is too old to be Chibi Usa." She thinks to herself.

"My name is not important. You can just sign your name." The woman looks away as Reanna begins to sign her name. A sad smile finds its way onto the woman's face. "Why do you wear that mask?"

Reanna looks up in surprise. "It is my image. I hide behind a mask because of the death and the sadness that surround me." She looks at the woman. "What made you ask?"

"Curiosity. Thank you, Reanna." She says as she takes her autograph book from her. She begins to walk away when a portal opens in front of her. She turns back toward Reanna. "One day you will need to return home. They miss you. Goodbye, Usagi, Mama." She walks into the portal and it closes.

"Chibi Usa!" Rena screams as she sits bolt upright. She looks into the mirror that sits in front of her. Her heart races as she looks around. "It was only a dream." A tear runs down her cheek. A knock is heard at the door. She puts her mask on as she walks to the door. As she looks out, her eyes meet a pair of dark brown eyes. "Mark." She throws her arms around his neck and begins to cry. She knew that she had missed her friends, but until this moment she never realized how much. Even with this realization, she knows that she cannot go back to them.

"Are you all right? I heard you scream and came as fast as I could." He puts his arms around her and holds her close as she cries.

"I want to go home now." She finally says as the tears finally stop. "I am just tired." A small smile graces her lips.

"Whatever you want, Rena." He takes her small hand in his and leads her toward home.