Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Untold Memories ❯ Chapter 1 ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

It was softly raining with a little thunder, but he really didn't mind. Mamoru Chiba enjoyed the solitude, it wasn't often he had the streets to himself. His favorite thing was jogging in the rain, that way he could think about his studies, but lately he had been lonely. It would be nice to have someone to talk to. Suddenly, “AAAAHHH!!” was all he heard and was knocked to the ground.
“Ouch! Are you alright, mi-” he turned over to see Usagi Tsukino cowering in fear, “Oh, it's just you. Afraid of your own shadow, Odango Atama?” Usagi looked up. She stuck out her tongue and got up, “What are you doing out in the rain, Baka-Mamoru?”
“What does it look like I'm doing? Window shopping?” He got up and wiped the leaves off his jogging suit, “I'm jogging. What are you doing out here? The zoo let you out early on good behavior?”
“I was shopping, thank you very much. When I left, it started to rain and then it thundered. I HATE thunder!”
“Maybe you should start watching the weather station before you leave.”
“It looked clear out,” She looked the bag she had, “Well, I have to go, see ya around,” Just then a huge bolt of lightning crashed, causing Usagi to grab onto the nearest thing and hold on to it, which happen to be Mamoru's waist.
*Teardrop* “What are you doing?” Mamoru asked. Usagi realized what she was holding, “Umm,” She blushed, “Sorry, I got to go,” She ran away as fast as she could.
“Strange girl,” Mamoru scratched his head, looked down and noticed Usagi had forgotten her bag and book bag in her rush, “Usually, I would laugh at Odango Atama's klutziness, but I can't always be a bad guy. But, I don't even know where she lives.”
Then an idea popped in his head, “Maybe, she has her ID in here, it's gotta have her address on it,” He opened her book bag to find hard candies, pens and pencils, some soft candies, make-up, 2 boxes of Pockyâ„¢ , and finally her wallet, “What a pig! She has more candy in here then a carnival has rides. Well, I found her wallet, might as well return her stuff.”
Mamoru looked at her ID, chuckled at the picture, and started jogging towards Usagi's house.
 
::Usagi's Home::
::5 Mins Later::
 
Knowing no one would be home for a while, “Luna! I'm home!” Usagi yelled up the stairs.
A small black cat walked downstairs, “Usagi-chan, did you have fun?” it said.
“Yeah,” Usagi replied.
“What did you get?” the little kitty wondered, not seeing any bags.
“A little something.”
“Where is it?”
“Well, it's righ-...WHERE IS IT?!” Usagi cried. 'I know I had it while I was walking hom-... Baka-Mamoru must have it! And my surprise!' Usagi thought furiously.
“What happened to them, Usagi-chan? How did you lose a bag and your book bag, even you're not that big of a klutz,” Luna replied on the verge of laughing.
“Well, it started raining so I started to run home before it began to thunder and I bumped into Baka-Mamoru that jerk. I must have been so mad when I ran home; I forgot to pick up my bags after I hit him.
“Oh, well you can always rebuy it.”
“Forget about it...”
“All right if you say so,” Luna said as she went back upstairs to sleep. Usagi walked into the living room to watch Sailor V when suddenly; there was a knock on the door.
Usagi opened the door to see a soaked Mamoru with her book bag and bag in his hands.
“How did you know where I lived? I never told you,” Usagi wondered.
“No hello?” Mamoru held up her book bag, “I hope you don't mind. I looked at your ID. Can I come in to give you your stuff?”
“Sure,” she replied.
Mamoru walked in dripping wet. He handed her stuff to her, “I thought you might need this, Odan- I mean, Usagi-chan,” Mamoru said and shivered. “Thanks, Mamoru-san,” Usagi said, noticing his shiver, “umm... would you like some hot cocoa?”
“No thanks, I don't want to get your house wet.”
“Then, I'll bring it to you,” Usagi walked into the kitchen to make the hot cocoa. 'I wonder why he went out of his way to bring my stuff back. He could have just laughed at my klutziness and kept on jogging. Maybe he does have a good side,' she thought as she brought the cup and a towel to Mamoru.
“Here you go,” she handed the stuff to him and sat down with him in the entryway.
“Thanks,” Mamoru replied. 'I wonder why she is being so nice to me. She could have just grabbed her stuff and kicked me out. Maybe she does have a good side,' he thought as dried his hair and sipped on the cocoa.
“So, what was in the bag anyway, I didn't want to look in it. What would make you go out despite your fear of thunder?” Mamoru wondered.
“Well, since you're here anyways and I don't feel like wrapping it,” Usagi blushed and handed him back the bag, “Tomorrow's your birthday, right?” she responded.
“How did you know about my birthday?”
“Motoki-san told me, but don't tell him I told you,” she said, still blushing.
“Oh. How come you got me a birthday gift even though I have been so mean to you?”
“Well,” she blushed even more, “Every time I see you, you always seem to cheer me up, in a strange way. But no one else knows.”
He started to blush even though he was still cold, “Wanna know something weirder? The same thing happens to me.”
Usagi smiled, “Open your gift.”
“All right,” Mamoru chuckled. He looked into the bag and found a large book. He was excited.
“My friend, Ami-chan helped me find it. She said it was one of the best.” she smiled.
“Arigato! I have been looking for this everywhere for a long time. Where did you find and how could you afford it.”
“I can't remember the name of the store, but Ami-chan does. I'll ask her at school. And I have been saving up since I found out when your birthday was. That was really hard.”
“Thanks so much! I will never forget this,” Mamoru stood up, “It sounds like the rain let up, I guess I should be going. Thanks for the cocoa,” He handed the empty cup and the towel to her, “I'll see you later then, Usa-ko,” and walked out the door.
When he was out of hearing range, “Usa-ko, I kinda like it,” and closed the door.
 
::On the Street::
 
Mamoru started to jog home with his new book in the bag, 'Wow, I didn't think Odango Atama...no, Usagi-chan...no, Usa-ko could keep that much money for so long,' he thought, “Oh well, it doesn't matter. It was a gift,” he said to himself, he smiled and jogged home.
 
::The Next Day::
 
Mamoru walked into Crown Arcade with a huge smile on his face hoping to thank Usagi more formally.
“Hey, Mamoru-kun!” a male voice called to him over the large noise of the arcade.
“Motoki-kun! Hey, is Usagi-chan here?!” Mamoru yelled back.
Motoki guided his way towards Mamoru, “Excuse me, excuse me...” he said as he passed by people. When he was close to Mamoru, he replied, “No, she's still at school, she has detention again. Why are you smiling?”
“No reason. Since she's not here, can I talk to you,” Mamoru looked around, “in a more private place?”
“Sure, I take my break in a couple minutes; can it wait till then?”
“No problem. Do you need any help?”
“Nah, just go and find a table; I'll be there in a few.” While Mamoru walked through the crowd, he wondered what he was going to tell Motoki, 'I can't tell about the book unless he asks and I won't call Usagi-chan by her nickname until she tells me I can; she might not have even liked it,” he thought.
When he finally got through, he saw that the restaurant was empty, “Perfect! Now no one can interrupt us. “
He found a booth in the back. As he sat down, Motoki's little sister came up, “Hi, Mamoru-san, what can I get you?”
“Hey, Unazuki-chan, just a water, please,”
“Sure, be right back.” She walked toward the kitchen, then suddenly stopped, “Oh, and Happy Birthday!” She turned with a huge smile and said.
“Thanks,” he said smiling and sat taking off his jacket.
 
::Meanwhile::
::At Usagi's School::
 
“I know there is no use telling you this, but, please try to be early for once.” Usagi's teacher said, out of habit.
“Alright, Haruna-sensei... I'll try...” Usagi sulked out her classroom. As Usagi walked out, she saw her friend, Ami Mizuno, walking out of the computer room, reading a book.
“Ami-chan! Wait up!” Usagi said as she ran to her. Ami looked up from her book as Usagi crashed to the ground at her feet. Expecting Usagi to start crying, Ami pulled a tissue from her pocket, but she heard Usagi say in a calm voice, “Don't worry about it. I need to ask you something really important.”
Ami giggled, “My, are you being resilient. What do you need?”
“Do you remember the store we got that big book from?”
“Yes, don't you remember, we went there yesterday,” Ami replied.
Usagi smiled, “I can't really remember the name.”
“Why don't you just look at the receipt. The name should be on it.”
“Oh yeah!” Usagi dug through her bag and found the name of the store, 'The Little Bookstore' on the receipt, “Thanks.” Usagi hugged her, “I gotta go, I'll see you later.”
“Wait, Usagi-chan, I've been wondering something. Why did you buy that particular book?”
“Umm...for someone's birthday. I gotta go, bye!” Usagi said and ran off.
After Usagi ran off Ami smiled, “Might that someone be Mamoru-san? Guess I'll find out when the time is right.” Ami turned back into the computer room to grab her stuff for cram school.
 
::At Crown Restaurant::
 
“Sorry to keep ya waiting, Mamoru-kun,” Motoki said and slumped into the booth, “Now what did ya need to talk to me about?”
“Uhh... has Usagi-chan been acting weird lately?” Mamoru wondered.
“Now that you mention it she has, she hasn't played any games, only when I give her a free token, and she hasn't been eating here. She been saying she has no money.”
Mamoru was shocked, not by the fact she hasn't played any games, but the fact she hasn't eaten, “How long has she been doing this? And why haven't I noticed?”
“Maybe because you're oblivious of everything around you that doesn't affect you. She hasn't eaten or played since I told her...umm... for a while.”
“Since you told her what? I won't be mad, “of course, he already knew, but he told Usagi he wouldn't tell.
“Well, I told her when your birthday was. She begged me and told me not to tell you. She said that she just wanted to know for no reason, but I could tell that was a different story.”
“Why would you think that?”
“Well, she's always saying mean thing about you but she always blushes when you're brought up in conversation. But don't let her know that I know that. She just usually talks to me about stuff and sometimes asks little things about you, like what your interests are and other things.”
“How long ago did you tell her about my birthday?”
“Umm...”Motoki thought about it for a minute, “since her birthday.”
“How long ago was that?” Mamoru was intent on learning Usagi's birthday.
“Well, Usagi-chan's birthday is on June 30th,” Motoki said offhandedly, “so a little more than a month.”
'Man, she's been saving up money for that book for a month. Now that's dedication,' Mamoru smiled.
“Now that we have that out the way, what do you want to do for your birthday?”
“I hadn't really thought about it, probably the same thing I do every year...” right as Mamoru started to think about it, Usagi popped in his head and on-sync he heard, “Unazuki-chan, can I have a small chocolate shake and a cheeseburger?”
Mamoru and Motoki turned to see Usagi walking towards them. Motoki stood up and said, “Usagi-chan, finally you're normal again!”
“Yep, I finally got some money, so I thought I should get something to eat.” Usagi smiled.
“That's great! I gotta go check on the arcade. I'll be back in a minute. Go sit over there near Mamoru-kun and we can talk more.” Motoki pointed towards Mamoru.
“If I have to,” Usagi walked over and sat across from Mamoru.
“Odango Atama, why the long face. Get detention again?”
“Baka-Mamoru, it's none of your business.” She stuck out her tongue and flashed him a dirty look. They just stared at each other until finally they both couldn't take it. They started to laugh.
“What is so funny?” Unazuki said as she bought Usagi's food.
“Don't know,” they said at the same time.
“Okay...call me if you need anything.”
Once Unazuki was gone. Mamoru said, “Man, I'm not used to having fun on my birthday.”
“Why? Birthdays are supposed to fun.”
“No reason. Umm....thanks for the book, Usagi-chan.”
“You can call me that name you said yesterday, if you want.”
“Alright, Usa-ko,” Mamoru blushed, “But only to your face. Is that all right with you?”
“Sure. I know this may sound stupid but can we act like we just were? Making fun of each other,” Mamoru looked surprised, “I mean, just in front of other people. I don't mean to offend you. Is that why you're shocked?”
“No, I was thinking the same thing. That way people don't assume something totally different then what it really is.”
“You took the words right out of my mouth.” Usagi said blushing, “The funny part about our arguments is because of you making fun of my grades that I am starting to get good grades. See...” Usagi opened and rummaged through her bag and pulled out a piece of paper. She handed the paper to Mamoru.
Mamoru looked at the paper and smiled, “Wow! A 67%! A vast improvement. I proud of you, Usa-ko.”
“That's not even my best paper. And it's all thanks to you. Plus, when you used to make fun of how if I eat too much I'll gain tons of weight. Well, I have recently been doing a lot of exercise.”
“Really? What kind of exercise?”
“Well, a little running, lifting...” Usagi sipped her shake and thought, 'and fighting almost every night.'
“That's amazing.” Mamoru smiled.
“Oh, and the name of the store is 'The Little Bookstore', just in case you wanted to go buy another book.”
“Thanks, this is awesome.”
“What's awesome?” Usagi and Mamoru turned to see Motoki walking up to them.
Mamoru thought fast, “ I thought it was awesome how for once she was on time to school. Right, Odango-Atama?”
“Shut up, Baka-Mamoru. Don't act nice on my account.”
Motoki chuckled, “Same old Usagi-chan and Mamoru-kun fights. Everything is back to normal.”
Usagi finished her cheeseburger and shake and stood up, “I'd love to stay and chat,” she gave a Mamoru a fake dirty look, “But I have to go.”
“Zoo give ya a curfew?” Mamoru said.
“Bite me. It was nice seeing you, Motoki-san.”
“Wait! I need you to stay for a few minutes, please. Can you do that for me?”
“Why?” thinking she knew why.
“It's a surprise. I'll be right back, just sit.”
“Fine, if I have to.”
“Thanks.” Motoki ran to the kitchen.
“I can take a wild guess why Motoki-kun wanted you to stay for. 2000 yen says it's cake,” Mamoru said.
“I'm thinking the same thing,” Usagi looked towards the back, “Do you have do anything early tomorrow?
“No, why?”
“Can you meet me at the park later? I want to show you something to get to know me better. It has to be tonight.”
“Why tonight?”
“Tonight is the only night I can show you.”
“Alright, I'll meet you around 7 p.m.”
“Sorry about the insults.”
“Me too.”
“Shhh...here comes Motoki-san.” Motoki and Unazuki came out of the kitchen with a tray with 3 small slices of cake and a large one for Usagi with candles on them.
“I knew it...” Usagi and Mamoru said under their breath and tried to stifle their laughs.
 
 
~~~~~End of Chapter 1~~~~~
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
1