Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Untold Memories ❯ Chapter 2 ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

::Juuban Park::
 
Usagi paced in front of the water fountain. She looked at her watch. 6:59pm.
"This is so stupid. He's not even gonna show. I even dressed nice and after all the trouble get Mako-chan to make this food."
 
::Flashback::
 
"Why do you want me to make you all this food? Can't you wait until you get home?" Makoto Kino asked as she walked to her kitchen.
"Please! I just want to have a picnic in the park tonight. You know I like to spend time in the park around this time." Usagi whined
"Fine, how much food do you want?"
"Umm...a little more than what I usually eat."
"Okay, so enough to feed 5 people?"
"Funny."
"Just kidding."
"Umm...could you make something else too..."
 
::End Flashback::
 
Usagi sat down on the bench and closed her eyes, "He's not gonna show. He's not gonna show..." she whispered. She was so worried she didn't hear the car pull up or the sound of footsteps coming towards her.
"Who's not gonna show?"
Usagi yelped in fright. She turned to see Mamoru in a white dress shirt, black jacket and slacks, "I guess I didn't overdressed," He looked over Usagi's short sleeve pink blouse and short white skirt with a large basket in her hand, "Nice, and all for me?" pointing at the basket.
"Yeah. You want to go sit on the grass?" she pulled a large blanket out of the basket.
"Well, I brought you something too," He pulled a large red rose out of his jacket pocket.
"Oh, it's so beautiful. What's the occasion?"
"Belated birthday present."
"How did you know my birthday already past?"
"Same way you found out about mine."
"Motoki-san?"
"Yep."
"Well, do you want to sit down?"
"Sure. What's in the basket?"
"You'll find out," Usagi spread the blanket over the grass and sat down. Mamoru sat on the blanket.
"How come you wanted to come out here tonight?"
"Look up." Usagi said in anticipation. Mamoru looked up to see a full moon. It was the largest he had ever seen it.
"I never seen it so big! That is so cool. How did you know it was gonna be like this?"
"I come out here every so often to watch the phases of the moon."
"Why? I mean, it's awesome, but what type of fulfillment do you receive?"
"It calms me down and allow me to think. It's kind of like meditation. It's like I have a special connection to it. Do you have anything like that?"
"Yeah, but without the special connection. Whenever I go jogging. it helps me relax and clears my mind."
"Do you want to watch the moon with me? I brought food, my friend Mako-chan made it."
"Sure, this might be fun." Usagi opened the basket and saw that Makoto had written a little note, "Good luck on your date!" Usagi quickly shoved it aside and grabbed the food out of the basket and gave some to Mamoru.
As Usagi nibbled her food and stared at the moon, Mamoru was more interested in Usagi than with the moon. Even though the moon was beautiful, Usagi, for some strange reason, was even more radiant than ever. She let out a little shiver. 'You usually cover up with this blanket, don't you?' Mamoru thought to himself. He took off his jacket and draped around Usagi's shoulder.
"What about you? Won't you get cold?" Usagi said in a worried tone.
"Don't worry about me." When a large cloud passed over the moon, Usagi looked at her watch, "Wow! It's already 11 p.m."
"Aren't you parents worried about where you are?"
"Nope. I usually tell them I'm spending the night at Mako-chan's house."
"What time are you usually here till?"
"Until the food runs out. Then I go over to her apartment and sleep there," Mamoru couldn't help smiling at the comment. Usagi looked in the basket that she kept very close to her. Mamoru had thought nothing of it, 'She must really be watchful of any food she has.' Mamoru smiled at the thought.
"Mamoru-san, will you close your eyes?"
"Why?"
"Just do it, please."
"Fine," Mamoru closed his eyes. Usagi pulled out a box with a cake with red and white frosting in it, candles, a lighter and plates and forks. She lit the candle and said, "You can open your eyes."
Mamoru opened his eyes to see the cake and smiled, "Arigato, but you didn't have to do this."
"I thought it was only fair since you said that you don't do anything fun on your birthday."
Mamoru couldn't stop smiling, "This is the nicest thing anyone has ever done for me."
"Well, I thought it was a good thing to do to make up for all the stuff I've said to you."
"Well, I didn't really take any offense to it. So don't worry about it."
"Okay," Usagi cut a piece of cake for him and handed him it.
"Thank you. Is the rest for you?" Usagi stuck her tongue out at Mamoru and smacked him. Usagi cut a small piece and put it in her hand, "Don't you dare," Mamoru warned her. Usagi giggled. She bent over to smash the cake in his face when Mamoru took his piece and smeared it in hers, "Got ya."
“That was soo not nice.” Usagi said laughing.
“Yeah, well you deserved it. You were trying to do the same to me.” Mamoru stuck his tongue out.
“You're like a little kid. I shouldn't call you Mamoru-san anymore. From now on, I'm gonna call you Mamo-chan. How do you like that?”
“Actually I like that a lot. Oddly, I think it sounds friendlier than Mamoru-san or even Baka-Mamoru.”
“You're right.” She tilted her head back to laugh when she noticed that the moon was getting brighter.
“Pretty…” She said.
“What?” Mamoru looked up and noticed it too, “That is pretty. I've noticed the moon has been pretty dim recently. I always wondered why, but I guess She's back to normal.”
“Why do you say `She'?”
“I used to read about the Moon goddess, Selene and how the moonlight reflected her moods. If she was sad the moon was dark and small, but if she was happy it was bright and huge. But if she was extremely angry, it was shown as a red harvest moon.”
Usagi smiled, 'Looks like I now have my own personal mood ring.' She then thought of something, “Wow, did you see any pictures of her? I remember she was soo pretty.”
Mamoru almost didn't catch the tone of the last comment, “Yea, at my apartment. I have a book with almost accurate pictures of the God and Goddesses of Greek and Roman Mythology. Did you want to go see it?”
“Can I?! First, I have to call Mako-chan first. I'm usually only out this late during a crescent moon. That's my favorite type of moon.”
Mamoru reached into jacket pocket and pulled out his cell phone, “Here, use my phone.”
“Arigato,” Usagi dialed Makoto's number and waited for her to answer.
RING…
RING…
RIN-…
“Hello? Kino Residence.”
“Hi, Mako-chan?”
“Hey, girl. What's up?”
“I was just calling to tell you I might be a little late. I'm…uhh… really enjoying the moon and want to stay longer.”
Usagi heard giggling in the background, “Okay, but don't stay too late.”
“Is anyone with you?”
“Nope, all alone. That was the TV.”
“Okay, then, I'll talk to you later, Ja ne.”
“Ja ne, oh and say Hi to Mamoru-san for me.” Makoto said and hung up before Usagi could deny it.
“How does she know?” Usagi said exasperated.
“Know what?” Mamoru wondered.
“She said to say Hi to you.”
“I have no idea, do you ever talk about me to them?”
“Yeah, but only to say how I dislike you.”
Mamoru thought to himself, `Well, I hope that changed. Now how do they know…uh oh…' He blushed and started to smile.
“What?”
“You just called on my cell, right? Do your friend have caller ID?”
Usagi started to laugh, ”Yep.”
“Then that's how. Now that she know you should call her back and tell her the truth.”
“Good idea. I'm gonna talk to her while I go to stretch my legs. I'll be right back.”
“No big, I have to stretch my legs too. I'll just go to the water fountain too.”
She got up and redialed Makoto number.
RING…
RI-
“Hello, Usagi.”
“Caller ID?”
“Yep.”
“It's not what you think.”
“Okay.”
“Well, since you know who I'm with, I'll tell you why I'm staying out later than usual. I'm going to his house to look at a book.”
Again, Usagi heard giggling in the background, “What kind of book?”
“A book with almost accurate pictures of the Greek and Roman Gods and Goddesses. I might be able to see if it has a good picture of Selenity. Now since I told you the truth, you tell me now. What is that laughing.”
“Okay, okay. The girls are here too. We were gonna surprise you and ask about your date.”
“IT IS NOT A DATE!!!” She screamed so loud that Mamoru could hear it.
“Whatever you say.”
“I have to go. I'll talk to you later. Ja ne. Tell everyone Hello, oh and Mamoru-san says Hi back.” Usagi had to catch herself not to say `Mamo-chan'.
“Okay, Ja ne.” Usagi hung up the phone and walked back to the blanket. When she got there, Mamoru had already thrown away the garbage and gathered everything except the blanket up.
“You didn't have to do that. It's your birthday. I am, for a lack of a better term, your slave.” She sat down on the blanket.
“Oh really. Did you have a fight with your friend?” Mamoru smiled.
“Sorry. Didn't mean to yell.”
“You don't consider this a date?”
Usagi blushed, “Only if you do.”
Mamoru blushed this time, “Same here.”
They looked in each other's eyes, turned beet red, at the same time said, “I do if you do,” and laughed. After a minute of silence, Mamoru finally said something.
“Do you want to go to my apartment now?”
“Sure, how did you get here?”
“I have a car. Didn't you hear it pull up?”
“No, I was so worried that you weren't gonna show that I was oblivious to what was going on.”
Mamoru got up and gave her his hand, “Let me help you up.”
“Thanks,” She put her hand in his and felt instantly much more comfortable with him. He felt the same way. Mamoru carried the basket and folded up blanket. They walk to his car and Usagi was amazed to see a rose red sports car, “That's your car! It's awesome.” Mamoru put the basket and blanket in his trunk.
Mamoru smiled, “Thanks, I also have a motorcycle.” He walked Usagi to the passenger side and opened the door for her. He helped her in and walked around and got in the driver's side.
“Ready to go?” He asked as she fastened her seat belt.
“Yep.”
“Alright,” He said as he turned the car on. The car roared as he drove towards his apartment.
 
 
 
 
~~~~~End of Chapter 2~~~~~
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
5