Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Untold Memories ❯ Chapter 3 ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

::Mamoru's Apartment::
 
“You'll have to excuse the mess,” Mamoru said as he opened the door. Mamoru moved to the side so that Usagi could walk in first. She walked with the picnic basket inside and saw that the apartment was in perfect order. She was wondering what he was talking about until she saw that a magazine was off its pile.
Usagi smiled and said sarcastically, “Man, is it a big mess.”
“Ha ha. You're funny. Do you want something to drink?”
“Sure. Thanks.”
Usagi sat down on Mamoru's fluffy couch. Mamoru walked towards his bookshelf and grabbed a large book. He walked over to Usagi and handed it to her, “Here, Usa-ko. While I'm in the kitchen, you can look at it.”
As he walked into the kitchen, Usagi went straight to the index and found the words `Selene(also see Serenity)- Pgs 50-55, pics 300-303'. Usagi flipped the pages so fast she almost tore the book.
“Wow, Mamo-chan, this book looks old.”
“Yea, I've had it since I was little. Did you want coffee or tea?”
“Tea, please, with a little honey.”
“No problem.”
Usagi finally reached the page and almost dropped the book.
“Mamo-chan? How long has it been since you read this book?”
“A couple years, why?”
“Just wondering,” Usagi stared at a picture of Selene and a picture of her young daughter, Serenity, an exact resemblance to Usagi. She noticed that Selene was smiling with her daughter, but her eyes were saddened by something.
`You knew what was going to happen, didn't you?' Usagi thought and whispered, “But you would have never told me, you hated to see me cry.”
“Who hated to see you cry?”Mamoru asked and snapped Usagi out of her trance, “Here you go,” He handed Usagi her tea.
“Thanks. Did I say `me'? I meant her daughter,” She said to Mamoru, worried he would ask questions, “she looks depressed.” Usagi became very sad.
“You noticed that too? No one else I showed believed me. They would say it was just my imagination.”
Usagi sipped her tea, while Mamoru looked at the picture. She was hoping that he would not see the likeness of her and Serenity. He didn't thankfully. He showed her other Gods and Goddesses while she look on in thought. She couldn't help thinking about what Selene had told her on the Moon.
“Serenity…you were my life…I couldn't protect you. So I gave you and Endymion a better life…without war. I knew how much you love one another and your birthrights dashed the hopes of fulfilling that love. You might look different but if your love is true, you'll meet him again,” She had told her.
“-ght?” Mamoru asked.
“Huh? What?” Usagi snapped out of her trance.
“I ask if you wanted more tea and if you were alright.”
“Sure I'd love more tea and why do you ask if I'm alright?”
“Umm…first, you keep spacing out every time you see a picture of Selene and second…you're crying.” Usagi wiped her eyes. She had been crying. She didn't even notice.
“I'm sorry. I didn't mean to cry,” she apologized, ”I don't even know why I'm crying,” she lied. Mamoru stood up and reached into his pocket. He pulled out a silk handkerchief, “Here, let me get you more to drink.” He took her cup and went back into the kitchen.
While he was in there, Usagi thought maybe if they have info on Serenity, they might have it on Endymion. She went to the index and found the words `Endymion- pgs 103, story-126' but no word of any pictures.
“Damn, now I'll never know what he used to look like. Maybe the story describes him.” She turned to the legend page and read it. It described him with jet black hair, piercing azure blue eyes, and alabaster skin. He was a very kind and considerate prince whose cause of death is unknown to this day. He had a lover who was considered to be the most beautiful princess in the universe, but this is no record of her name or what she looked like.
“Wow, he must have been handsome.”
“Who?” Mamoru said as he brought the tea out.
“Endymion,” She could not help blushing when she said it.
“I agree. I bet he was a quite dashing,” Usagi didn't notice the bragging in his voice, “But I would love to have seen a picture or description of his lover.”
“I can imagine. She must have been so kawaii.” She drank some of her tea.
“You seem okay now. Are you sure you have no clue why you were crying.”
“I don't know.”Usagi drank the rest of her tea. “ummm…Can I use your bathroom?”
“Sure, first door on the left.” Mamoru held out his hand. When Usagi grabbed it, she and Mamoru saw a vision. Usagi saw herself looking at a man smiling, but she couldn't see the rest of his face. Mamoru saw himself as the man. When the vision ended, “Umm…I'll be right back…” Usagi walked into the bathroom and rinsed her face. She noticed that on the counter was a clear glass box with four stones of different colors: dark green, white, blue, and light green.
“They so pretty… I wonder what they are.” Usagi opened the box and pulled one out. It dimly glowed in her hands. She looked and noticed a little sigil in it, “Weird,” she gave up trying to figure it out and walked back out and sat back down on the couch.
“I like the stones on your counter. I looked at one up close, and noticed they had little sigil in it. How did you get them in there?”
“How did you open it?” Mamoru asked shocked, `no one has ever been able to open it,' he thought.
“I just opened it. It wasn't locked? Why?”
“No reason, just wondering,” He tried to change the subject, “ Uhh…did something weird happen to you before you left?”
“Did something happen to you?”
“Yeah, but I don't know what. Do you?”
Usagi knew what happened to her, but she didn't want to tell him, “Nope, what did you see?”
“I saw a girl smiling at in my direction, but I couldn't see her face.”
“Me too, but I saw a man.”
“Weird.”
“Yeah,” Usagi and Mamoru yawned. They smiled at each other.
“Since it's about…”Mamoru looked at his watch, “3:32 and we're obviously sleepy; why don't you call your friend and tell her you're gonna stay over here. It's too late to drive over there. I'll sleep on the couch and you can sleep in my room. If it makes you feel better, I have a lock on my door.”
“Do you mind me staying?”
“Not at all,” Mamoru got up and got his cordless phone, “I'll go in the other room so you can talk.”
“Okay,” Usagi grabbed the phone and dialed it while Mamoru walked into the bathroom to check on his stones.
As he closed the door, he heard from the box, “Endym-”
“Shh…!! Be quiet and call me Mamoru, ”he said through clinched teeth. When the door was shut, he turned around to face the four spirits that inhabited the stones.
“How did Usa-ko open the box? Only I should be able to.” Mamoru asked the one that inhabited the white stone, Kunzite.
“I'm sorry, Mamoru-sama. It surprised us as much more than it did you.” Kunzite responded.
“Yea, I tried to shock her when she tried to touch the stone, but it didn't work,” the blue stone, Jadeite added.
“What do you mean it didn't work?” Mamoru urged.
“She is stronger than she looks, Mamoru-sama,” the dark green stone, Zoisite calmly stated.
“She is not normal,” the final stone, the light green stone, Nephrite, interjected.
“I knew something was up with her the moment she walked in,” Kunzite said.
“Maybe, I can find out more about her while she sleeps,” Zoisite said, “place my stone under one of the pillows.”
“Isn't that a little too much?” Jadeite asked.
“Just as long as Zoisite doesn't pry too deep,” Nephrite said to Jadeite, then turned to Zoisite, “Just find out why she's strong. Nothing else, right, Mamoru-sama?”
“He's right. All right, everyone else…sleep.” The other three spirits went back into their stones. Mamoru grabbed Zoisite's stone and went to his room and placed it under the bottom pillow. He grabbed one of his pj's and walked into the living room. As he walked back out he heard Usagi tell her friend, “I'll tell you about it later…giggle…I'll have him bring me to your house tomorrow, okay? …you'll find out tomorrow. …me too. I will. Ja ne.” Usagi hung up the phone and sighed. Mamoru walked over and sat down.
“Here you go,” He handed her the pjs, “You can change in the bedroom. Tomorrow you can borrow some clothes. I doubt you want to wear your dress again.”
“Thanks for letting me crash here.”
“It's no problem, it's too late to drive you anyways. Do you want more tea?”
“Sure. After I change, I'll come in and get something to snack on.”
“You just ate.”
“Yeah, like four hours ago.”
Mamoru chuckled. “All right. Then, time for bed.”
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
~~~~~End of Chapter 3~~~~~
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
4