Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Untold Memories ❯ Chapter 6 ( Chapter 6 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

::Mamoru's Apartment::
 
“Mamoru-sama?…how else am I suppose to wake him?…I knew I shouldn't have told him…how?! We can't touch things!…Mamoru-sama?…fine, you try..” Mamoru heard from far away. Suddenly, he was jolted awake.
“That's one way to wake him…” He heard a voice say. Mamoru turned to face the voice and saw four spirits standing over him, “Are you alright, Mamoru-sama?” Kunzite asked him.
“How I get on the floor?” he asked them.
“You fainted and Nephrite here shocked you awake.” Jadeite answered.
“Why did you shock me?”
“We couldn't wake you up any other way.” Nephrite replied.
“Oh, well, how long was I out for?” Mamoru looked at his watch.
“Only about a half an hour. Why do you ask?”
“Usa-ko will be here in a little while.”
“Are you sure that is such a good idea to see her? You fainted after you found out who she really was,” Zoisite asked.
“That's true but Usa-ko doesn't know that. I wonder if she knows who I am.”
“She doesn't.” Zoisite added.
“How do you know?” Mamoru questioned.
“The girl knew it was a memory, but I could feel her excitement when she heard Serenity thinking that she was going to see you, I mean, Endymion-sama. I could hear her thinking about how she wanted to finally see what you looked like.” Zoisite answered.
“She was talking about how she wanted to see a picture of him. Plus I remember she was crying on the page about Selene. She was very interested in Serenity and Endymion also.”
“What page are you talking about?” Zoisite wondered.
“I'll show you,” Mamoru grabbed the mythology book that Usagi was looking at from the bookshelf. He set the book down and opened to Selene's page and laughed.
“What?”
Mamoru grabbed the book and showed Zoisite. There standing with Selene was Usagi. The caption read, `Selene with her lovely daughter, Serenity.'
“No wonder Usa-ko looked freaked when I was looking at the picture. I notice a similarity but didn't connect them. Plus, it does explain a lot about her.”
“How so?” Kunzite wondered.
“Her fascination with moon watching. She always goes out to the park during a full moon. I also told her about how people could tell Selene mood by how large or small the moon was, she became very interested in the information.”
“That's understandably so, considering.”
“She also said something that I didn't show that I caught. She told me that she remembered what Selene look like, that she was quite `pretty'. I shrug it off as she had seen a picture of her before, but I sensed a loving to her words. She must miss her mother. I wonder how she died.”
“In the dream, she look quite close to her mother.”­
“What are we going to do with her,” Mamoru wondered.
“You mustn't let her know that you are aware of her past.” Nephrite added.
“Why?”
“She doesn't know who you are so you mustn't let her catch on that you know who she is. That is why I was debating on whether I was going to tell you straight out who she was,” Zoisite answered, “We have to be careful also.”
“Because?”
“There has to be some reason that you both have your memories of you past life, but you don't remember what your lovers really looked like.”
“But I know what Serenity looked like, I just didn't know it was her.”
“That proves my point.”
“Okay, I won't say a word. I'll let her find out on her own.”
“Don't let the past define your relationship with her. Act as thought you never found out. She will get suspicious if you give her more love than you were earlier.”
“Okay. Don't worry about it, I'll be car-“
KNOCK
KNOCK
“Sleep…hurry…we'll talk more later…” Mamoru whispered as he walked to the door. He heard a voice say “just play along…” When he opened the door Usagi was being held up by Makoto and Rei, and was followed by Ami. She still had Mamoru's clothes on which Mamoru thought was weird considering how long she was gone. They also looked wet.
“What happened, Usagi-chan?!”
Rei answered before Usagi could get a word in, “She sprained her ankle while we were out with our other friends.”
“How?”
“She landed on her foot wrong.” Makoto added.
“I can speak for myself, you know.” Usagi interjected.
“Come in. Sit her on the couch. Makoto-san, can you grab some ice from the freezer while I go get her a pillow.”
“Do you have a heavy towel or blanket to cover up your couch? There is mud all over Usagi,” Rei asked, not wanting blood, if any more, to stain his couch.
“Yeah, under the couch is a black cover. It should be thick enough.”
Usagi was helped to the covered couch by the girls while Mamoru ran into his room and grabbed the pillow for her foot and Makoto got some ice. He went to his closet and grabbed an old pair of crutches. He set them to her height and put it near the bed. While he was still in the room, he heard Usagi crying.
“Why are you crying, Usagi?” Rei whispered her.
“Pain mostly. But, Mamoru-san planned on taking me out today. Now he can't, I ruined his plans.”
“Then, why did you make us bring you back here?” Makoto asked setting the ice on her foot. Usagi yelped softly.
“I wanted tell him I was sorry. Now he's probably upset.”
“Why do you care. You don't even like him that way, right.”
“Right, but he was trying to be nice to me. I screwed that up, he probably hates me even worse that he already does.” Mamoru could sense the lie in her voice.
“I doubt it. He would have just told you to go to a hospital and closed the door in your face.” Rei reassured her. Mamoru knew it was a good time to go out there and walked slowly out into the living room. He walked over and placed the pillow under her leg. He noticed the huge bruise on her ankle and calf and a few deep cuts that stopped bleeding. Usagi flinched.
“Sorry, does that feel any better, Usagi-chan?” He asked her.
“A little.” Usagi answered, wiping the tear from her eye with the handkerchief he gave her last night.
“Good,” He stood up and turned to Makoto, “I think it would be better that she isn't moved again. Do you think her parents would mind if she spent another night at your house?”
“She would have to call them, not me. But I think that's a good idea. As long as she stays off her foot she should okay enough to walk a little. Do you mind?”
“I don't mind at all. But, why wasn't she taken straight to the hospital?”
Usagi answered the question this time, “I said that I would be back didn't I? Plus, my parents will freak if I come home with a busted ankle. Are you sure you don't mind?”
“I'm sure.” He turned to the girls, “I think she'll be okay for now. She'll most likely stay on the couch. If she wants to go to sleep I'll carry her to my bed. I'll sleep on the couch, of course. She can call her parents on my home phone.”
“How? It will show up as your name on their caller ID.” Rei said.
“No, it won't. My phone number is unlisted. I will show up as unknown caller. She can just tell her parents that she is on a payphone or something.”
Makoto bent down to Usagi and hugged her, “Don't move from this spot. Mamoru-san will do everything for you. If you need to move, he'll do it for you. Understand?”
“Yes…mother.” Usagi and Makoto smiled. Makoto turned to Mamoru, “Can I talk to you in the kitchen?”
“Sure.” Mamoru and Makoto walked in the kitchen while Rei helped Usagi get more comfortable. When they were in the kitchen, Makoto turned and looked Mamoru straight in the eye, “Everyone knows that Usagi-chan has a crush on you. I can sort of see why, but if you do anything to hurt her, I will come after you. Remember that.” She whispered.
“I would never dream of hurting her. You have nothing to worry about. If anything were to happen, I would regret it for the rest of my life. Now answer my question for me. Why is she so secretive with her moon-gazing trips to her parents?” he quietly asked.
“Her mother knows about her trips to the park, but her father is extremely protective of her. He would kill her if he found out about it, especially about this. She usually spends the night at my house when she goes moon-gazing or hurts herself.”
“Look, I know she's clumsy, but I've never seen her in this much pain. No one can hurt themselves that bad just landing on her foot wrong. She also has a bruise on her calve and cuts that wasn't there this morning.”
Makoto had to think of something to tell him. She couldn't tell him she was thrown into a building by a Yohma. Then something hit her, “Okay…okay… she fell down some stone steps on our way here. She was so intent on hanging out with you she wasn't watching where she was going. She slammed her calve against a step and massively hurt her ankle. She wouldn't let us take her to the hospital. She wanted to see you so bad. I know you heard the conversation while you were in your bedroom. Don't tell her I told you, please.” Makoto responded.
“Okay, I won't. I just have one more question for you. What is Usagi-chan's favorite food? I want to let her know I'm not upset about her getting hurt. She didn't ruin my plans also.”
“She eats just about anything but one of her favorite foods is hamburgers and fries.”
“Okay, thanks. Is there anything else I need to know about her?”
“She likes anime.”
“Ok, I'll keep that in mind.” Mamoru and Makoto walked out of the kitchen.
“What were you guys talking about?” Usagi asked with an innocent face.
“Telling him about how to take care of your ankle,” Makoto answered. She turned to Mamoru, “Do you happen to have any pain pills?”
“Yeah, I'll give it to her once the swelling goes down. I also have a heating pad for when she's sleeping.”
“Okay, I think our job here is done. Don't you agree, Ami-chan, Rei-chan?” Makoto smiled.
“Yep,” The girls walked to the door and opened it. As they walked out Rei added, “We should leave the lovebirds alone.” As she closed the door, Usagi threw one of the throw pillows at the door.
“I'm gonna kill her,” Usagi cried, “Oww…that hurt.”
“Look like I'm your slave now, Usa-ko.”
Usagi giggled in her pain, “Mamo-chan, can I have a pain pill now, please.”
“Sure,” he walked into the bathroom and grabbed a bottle of low-dose pain pills. He grabbed one and put some of his healing power into it to make it work immediately and stronger. `It won't heal anything but it will alleviate the pain for a while.' He thought as he walked back out and handed her the pill and a glass of water. She took the pill and stopped crying.
“That's a good pill. Do you have anymore?”
“Yeah, for later. Okay, master, what would you like me to do for you?”
Usagi smiled evilly, “So many way to torture you, so little time. First, can I have some tea?”
“Sure, I have a pot already made.” Mamoru walked into the kitchen and poured Usagi some tea. As he walked out, Usagi was using Mamoru's phone to call her parents.
RING…
RING…
RI… “Hello, Tsukino Residence.”
“Hi, Shingo-chan, Let me talk to Mom or Dad.”
“`Kay,” He called to his parents, “MOM, IT'S BAKA-USAGI…here”
“Hello, Usagi-chan.”
“Hey, Mom. Can I stay over at Mako-chan's house another night?”
“I see no reason you can't…are you at a payphone?”
“…Yea,” Usagi hated lying to her mom, “…why?”
“No reason,” in the background Usagi could hear father asked if there are any boys there.
“Tell him no.”
“I'll talk to you later, then sweetie. Love you.”
“I love you too, Mom.”
“Oh say hello to your new friend for me.”
“Ok, Mom. Bye,” Usagi hung up the phone, “How does everyone know?”
“Know what?”
“She told me to say hello to you.”
“Oh,” Mamoru laughed, “what else do you need me to do for you?”
“I was wondering if I could use your shower to clean the dirt off my body.”
“No problem, but please tell me I don't have to undress you.”
“Not if you don't want to,” Usagi slyly said, “I'm joking. I wouldn't make you even if I couldn't. I don't think I'm ready for that.”
“Okay, just let me find you some more clothes to change into since those look dirty. I hate to ask this, but do you need to borrow some underwear until tomorrow.”
“No, I have some in the under part of the picnic basket. Can you put it in your room?”
He grabbed the stones, place them in the bathroom, put the basket in his room, found her more clothes, a black tank top and cotton shorts, and set them on the dresser. He placed healing charged Hydrogen Peroxide, cotton balls, and bandages and gauze on the counter, “Do you need help wrapping your ankle after your bath?” He yelled to Usagi as he ran the bath water.
“No, I can do it. Thanks anyway.” She answered. He walked into the living room and lifted Usagi up into his arms. He didn't notice the wetness on his sleeves from Usagi.
“You're lighter than I thought you would be,” Mamoru jokingly commented.
“Ha ha, you're so funny.” Usagi replied.
Mamoru carried Usagi to the bathroom and set her on the sink counter. He opened the linen closet and pulled out a large towel, “Get undressed and wrap this towel around you, then I'll help you into the tub.”
Mamoru turned his back while Usagi undressed and wrapped the towel around her.
“You can turn around now.”
He turned around to see Usagi slender, pale body wrapped in the towel. He lifted her up again and placed her on the tub. He showed her where the shampoo and soap was and pulled another towel from the closet. He walked towards the kitchen and thought this would be the perfect time to make Usagi lunch. Sweating, he went to his room and changed into a tee and tossed his sweater in the hamper.
As Mamoru was making lunch, in the bathroom, Usagi pulled off the towel and blotted at the large cut on her stomach.
“I have got to stop letting them hurt me this bad. Man, it's tough being Sai-…Ouch!”
Even though she was told to stay off her foot, she stood up to look in the mirror. She saw the huge cut on her stomach and many other large cut on her upper legs and body. She thanks the gods that the blood didn't show on Mamoru's shirt and shorts. She look at her bruised ankle and saw that her calve also was massively black and blue. She saw the bottle and cotton balls on the counter, thought it was just coincidence that it was there, and reach for them. She sat on the toilet and opened the bottle. As she cleaned her cuts she noticed the bubbles from the cut were really white and not the least bit bloody, plus the cuts stopped hurting. When she was finished cleaning the cuts, she carefully slid herself into the tub. The warm water relaxed her and stopped the pain from the bruises. As she cleaned her body and undid her hair to wash it, wet leaves and cement came out of her hair and glass that had wedged into her cuts floated to the surface of the water. She softly rubs her cuts to release more glass. By the time she had completely cleaned herself the water was a murky red from the blood.
“I should drain this so Mamoru doesn't see the blood colored water,” she drains and reached for the bandages and gauze. She covered all the major lacerations and wrapped a towel around her hair and body, closed the shower curtain, sat on the toilet, and then called for Mamoru.
Just as Mamoru was finishing their lunch, he heard Usagi call him. When he walked in, he saw that Usagi was wrapped in a towel sitting on the toilet. He didn't look around to see the mess that Usagi made.
“I'll carry you to my room so you can change.” He lifted her and carried her to his room. He placed her carefully on the bed and the clothes he got next to her, “I made you lunch. I'll go finish it while you change. Get comfortable and I'll bring it in here. Just toss the towels in my hamper there. If you need any help, just call.
After he left, she found the basket on the floor. She limped to it and opened it; in the underside of the basket was a velvet bag with her undergarments, since she planned to spend the night at Makoto's. She pulled out a clean bra and panties. She sat back on the bed and got dressed, being careful of her ankle and the bandages.
“I'm finished,” Usagi called to Mamoru. She scooted herself more on the bed until she was comfortable. As she was about to grab a pillow for her ankle, Mamoru walked in and stopped her.
“Tsk…tsk… I'm your slave, remember,” he set the tray on the nightstand and grabbed a pillow and placed her injured ankle on it, “There. Now it's time for lunch,” He took the tray and set it next to Usagi. On the tray was a plate with three sandwiches, and two cups of tea.
“Here you go,” Mamoru handed her the sandwiches and placed her cup of tea on the nightstand.
“How come you're not eating?”
“I'm not very hungry. The tea is fine with me.”
“Okay if you say so,” Usagi ravaged the sandwiches while Mamoru stared in disbelief.
`No wonder Zoisite was scared of her dream. If she's any worse that would scare me too,' Mamoru thought as he sipped his tea. When Usagi was done she gave a little burp and placed the plate and cup back on the tray.
“Excuse me.”
“You're excused. Let me take the tray into the kitchen, and then I'll come back and set you back on the couch.”
“Okay.” Mamoru took the tray as Usagi prepared herself to be moved again.
When he was gone, Usagi said softly to herself, “I hope he doesn't go check out the damage I did in the bathroom,” she then thought, `If he does, I'll have to think of something to cover up what really happened,' unaware of Mamoru's and Makoto's earlier conversation.
Unfortunately for her, Mamoru's next stop was to throw the remaining towel and the dirty clothes into his hamper. When he enter the bathroom, he gasped. There were tons of bloody cotton balls in the wastebasket and a stained towel on the floor. When he went to grab what he thought was muddy clothes from the counter, they were heavy. He didn't think twice, not even when Usagi's blood soaked bra and panties fell onto a wet towel. He just thought they were red. But when he shifted the clothes to the other hand to pick up the towels his hand was red. He hadn't even noticed it because the clothes were so dark. When he rinsed the shirt in the sink to get out as much as he could, the water turned crimson red. When he opened the shower curtain and looked in the tub, there was glass, leaves, and cement slowing bloody water from going down the drain. He tried to clean up as much as he could; he empty the tub of the debris, got as much blood out of the clothes and towel (which was futile, so he threw it away. He even threw away her bra and panties.) as best he could, took out the trash bag from the wastebasket and put near the doorway to be taken out.
“Kunzite, come out.” He whispered. The white stone glowed and Kunzite appeared.
“Yes, Mamoru-sama?” Kunzite bowed and asked, “What is it that you need?”
Mamoru blushed, “I hate to ask this but did any of you happen to see how bad Usa-ko was injured?”
`I didn't, but I think that Jadeite-san did.” Kunzite said and disappeared. The blue stone glowed dimly, and then Jadeite bashfully appeared, “Sorry. She was crying in pain and I looked to see if she was alright. I just saw the cuts and bruises, nothing else.”
“So you only saw the injuries on her legs?”
“Oh, no! She was covered in cuts from her neck to her calves. The biggest one was here,” He pointed to his stomach, “That one was huge. I'm amazed she hadn't passed out from the blood loss. Plus, she had other cuts and bruises throughout her body.”
“Thank you for the information. You can go back to sleep.” Jadeite bowed and disappeared. Mamoru was completely and utterly confused.
“Gods!” he whispered as quietly as he could, “What the hell happened to her?!”
 
 
 
~~~~~End of Chapter 6~~~~
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
1