Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Walk to my lovers arms ❯ chapter 5 ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Walk to my lovers arms.

By Sugargurl

Salty streams flow down petal cheeks

White fire racing up my legs

Pain washes over me

Stop, Don't

Every touch unwanted, yet necessary torture

Part 5

The next morning Usagi woke up and immediately tried to sit up, earning her a bolt of pain from each of her legs.

"Ouch!" she muttered as she fell back into the mattress, having bitterly resigned to the fact that she was stuck in bed. Sighing Usagi looked around, immediately taking in the site of Makoto's vacated bed, and missing wheel chair. Busy wondering where her room mate could be, Usagi didn't hear the woman until she stated,

"good morning Usagi, I'm Sophie." Stepping into the room. Usagi turned her head to watch the woman, as she continued, "I'm here to teach you how to use the pulley, so that you'll be able to get yourself out of bed." That said the nurse showed her how to lower the pulley until she could just reach the ring; then how to pull herself up, and over into the chair.

Grinning with pleasure at her accomplishment the nurse waited while Usagi wheeled into the bathroom, before instructing her that her Physio sessions started at 10 o'clock.

Slightly excited, Usagi wheeled off down the hall deep in thought over what the day would bring.

"HEY! USA!" Makoto called as Usagi entered the mess room.

"hey!" Usagi replied wheeling over to the table. "hi Kevin, Calvin sleep well?" she continued once she'd pulled up.

"yea… slept ok" Calvin responded

"soo you have your 1st session today right?" Kevin asked

"yes, is there anything I should know?" Usagi asked excitedly

"yes… it'll hurt" Calvin stated

"oh…" Usa sighed frowning

"it'll more than hurt" a voice called from behind her, "It'll feel like your legs are going to fall right off, they pull them, massage them, and stretch them until you scream from the pain, and only then do they let up a bit"

"shut up mamoru, you're going to scare her." Calvin ordered

"well, why shouldn't I say something Calvin, it's the truth." Mamoru sneered settling himself across the table from Usagi. "Sleep well Odango?"

Glaring at him Usagi ignored the question, taking a bite of her muffin instead; before turning to ask,

"Makoto, do you think you could show me where to go?"

"uh… sorry" Makoto answered "I actually have to be somewhere before then…"

Usagi's shoulders slumped, how was she supposed to get there? a few moments later the silence was broken as,

Calvin spoke up, "I'll take you"

"really?" Usagi gushed, taking no notice of the frown on Mamoru's face right before he muttered,

"see you later losers" none too quietly

sighing slightly too herself, Usagi watched him go, wondering just what the hell was his problem, and as her other friends wheeled off she vowed to ask Makoto about it later.

Usagi waited alone, as Calvin had wheeled off shortly after showing her where to go, but that had been at least five minuets ago. Sighing Usa looked down the long impersonal hallway, bored out of her mind, and completely sick of the supposedly soothing colour, tope. Finally a door to her left opened and a slender man stepped into the hall,

"Tuskanio, Usagi?" he asked causing Usagi to turn in her wheel chair to face him.

"yes"

"hello, sorry to keep you waiting. I'm Dr. Kerr…" the man stated moving aside to allow her to wheel into the room.

Usagi entered the room, glancing about her at the numerous charts, and large posters displaying various muscle groups in the human body.

Finally her glance settled on the large, surprisingly low doctors table in one corner of the room, and wheeling over to it, she reached up grabbing the metal ring to hoist herself onto the table.

"ok Usagi, today I'm going to go easy on you, just a bit of stretching, to see what kind of shape your legs are in."

Usagi nodded glumly, bracing herself against the pain as he reached out to touch her leg. Pain flashed through the limb, causing Usagi to gasp, as she desperately tried to fight off tears. How would she bear it when he actually began the exercises if she couldn't even stand a simple touch?

"It 's ok, Usagi… the pain will lessen in time." Dr. Kerr tried to sooth. She didn't respond, forcing herself to think of something else, anything but the white hot sensations racing through her useless limbs.

"oh god, oh god.." she muttered as he squeezed her muscles checking to see how they had healed… (1)

the torture went on and on, and although the clock showed the passage of only 20mins, it had felt like hours. Hours of endless torture, as unused muscles were pulled, stretched, and manoeuvred. At the end of it Usagi's legs throbbed in pain, her palms bore small cuts where she had clenched her fists in order to prevent herself from crying out, and her usually clear blue eyes, were red rimmed from crying.

"all done" Dr. Kerr stated releasing his grip upon Usagi's tortured limbs. "how about you go soak your legs in the hot pool, it might help them to feel better"

tentatively Usagi nodded her head, settling back into her wheel chair, "will there be anyone else there?" she questioned

"yes…"

Usagi blanched… there was no way that she would go now. Not with her legs mutilated the way they were.

"never mind then… I forgot I had to meet up with someone."

"Usagi…" the doctor said, "I really think you should go"

eyes flashing defiantly she wheeled past him, towards the door, "I am not going!' she called back racing off down the hall, trying hard not to steer into anything in her haste to return to the safety of her room.

It had been about an hour since the "torture session" as Usagi had dubbed her meeting with Dr. Kerr, and Usagi as now staring out the window of her room deep in thought. She idly watched as people steered down the paved paths towards the gardens. She was so deep in her thoughts she didn't hear his approach, instead she sensed him, and turned her head to her left taking in his strong profile as he sat in his wheel chair beside her.

The silence stretched on until Mamoru finally spoke,

"we're having a meeting on the roof top tonight"

Usagi was shocked, and she remained silent, gaping at him open mouthed.

Mamoru raised an eye brow in question, "Odango, close your mouth, your tongue's getting dusty."

Usagi glared at him, "well… then don't shock me like that… I thought you'd had a brain transplant or something"

"no… no transplant…" Mamoru stated teasingly, "so are you coming?"

"depends who else is going"

"makoto, and Kevin… that's it"

"well… then I guess I'll come"

Mamoru nodded in understanding, and they fell into silence once more, Usagi looking out the window, and mamoru pretending to look out the window while sneaking peeks at the blonde haired girl.

Sighing to himself, Mamoru backed up, and as he wheeled out the door called "I'll c you later…"

"close the door would you?" Usagi answered back not turning to see the small, yet sincere smile directed at her.

Out of the room, and with the door between them, mamoru shook his head at his thoughts. He would be happy for now, and maybe just maybe Usagi would love him… for a little while at least; because if his secret ever got he was positive Usagi would run, and he wouldn't blame her. After all he was cursed.

1) I know nothing about physiotherapy so if stuff isn't right… oh wellz.