Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Walk to my lovers arms ❯ chapter six ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Walk To My Lovers Arms

Heart torn asunder,

Mind unsure what to do

I sit silently, thinking

Tears spilling unheeded

As my heart slowly heals

Accepting the truth

Part 6

Usagi woke up, with fire burning through her legs, and her thoughts still in turmoil over what had transpire the night before between her and Mamoru. Hearing a faint creaking of the door opening and thinking it to be Kevin she calmly stated,

"No Kevin, Mako is not here, and no I don't want to come down for breakfast"

"Who's Kevin?" the door-openers voice stated calmly

Usagi's eyes flew open at the sound of the once familiar voice she turned her head towards him. Eyes, first widening, she'd forgotten how handsome he was, and as she remembered that he was the reason she was there they darkened at his brashness.

"You actually dared to come here?" she hissed

"Yea… Usagi… there's something I need to talk to you about" Seiya whispered his eyes pleading with her to listen to him.

"What?" Usagi demanded, then seeing that he was about to speak again she lashed out, "I'm not going to forgive you for what you did to me."

Seiya sat still, eyes wide as he stared at her, "please Odango, I never meant…" he paused looking into her flaming eyes "Usagi, please, I'm so sorry about the party, she means nothing to me… nothing"

Usagi stared at him for a moment, reading his face, before laughing bitterly,

"You think that matters to me??" Usagi dead panned as she manoeuvred into her wheel chair, wheeling herself towards the window.

"Usagi… I know it doesn't change anything, but it's true… she isn't anything compared to you"

Once again Usagi laughed bitterly, turning slightly in her chair to gaze at him. Straining with the effort to suppress her tears,

"Please…odango let me speak..." Seiya pleaded again,

Usagi remained silent for a moment, then spoke, her voice venomous, "speak then, if it will get you gone"

Seiya shuddered a little at her tone, for he'd never heard her speak thus, and taking a breath he began,

"Usagi, I wanted to say, I deeply regret everything that has happened to you. I wanted you to know, that I loved you at the party, I love you now, and I will keep on loving you. I will never ever forgive myself for what happened to you. I ruined my chances of happiness, and I guess I'll have to face the consequence, knowing that you will hate me for my entire life." He paused then, reaching out to brush his fingertips lightly over her for-arm as he went on, "I will always hold a special place in my heart for you Usagi, you were my first love… " he trailed off as her hardened blue eyes rose to meet his,

"Go away" she stated her voice rising in fever as she branded him with her words "once I thought I loved you, but now, I don't care if you die and rot in the street." With that she wretched her arm away, and would look at him no more, despite his pleadings. With a defeated sigh Seiya stood,

"good-bye odango" he called, then as he passed through he open door he spoke again his words all but lost "until we meet again" before he disappeared down the hallway, footsteps loud in the silence, unaware of a pair of narrowed midnight eyes tracing his progress.

Back within her room, Usagi stared blankly ahead of her for a moment, then filled with some perverse desire, she wheeled over to the window, pulling herself out of her wheel chair to perch upon the window seat. She looked down into the courtyard, her hand pressed flat against the windowpane as she watched the slender form of her ex, walk across the parking lot towards his car.

"Good-bye" she whispered, as much to him, as to the naïve careless girl that had thought she would spend the rest of her life with him.

It was in this silent tableau, with her silver-kissed honey locks hiding her face from view, that Mamoru found her.

He opened his mouth to speak, taunting comment on the tip of his tongue when he watched her lift a hand to wipe it across her eyes. He bit back the comment as he wheeled into the room. Usagi, hearing the noise tilted her face towards him.

Mamoru felt the breath go out of him, as he stared at the gorgeous face, tear tracks running down flushed cheeks from red-rimmed eyes.

"Mamoru?" she whispered, eyes widening a bit in shock, as he moved closer, and then closer, one hand reaching out to catch a single tear as it squeezed from the corner of her cornflower eyes.

"Usagi," he murmured, her name no longer merely consonants and vowels, but a thing to be cherished as his voice caressed its syllables before the air captured them.

"What is wrong?"

He had never before been affected such by a woman's tears, and with a compassion he had thought long forgotten he to pulled himself up to the window seat. Taking but a moment to settle himself, before she fell against him, crying pent up tears of frustration, and sorrow for what might have been.

He did not know how long he held her, hands gently stroking her back as he tried to sooth her, unsure if he was doing the right thing, but convinced to stay by the slight tugging of her small hands wrapped in the folds of his shirt. At that moment nothing in the entire world could have stirred him to leave her, and as the weeping subsided she tilted her face upwards drying the last of her tears. It was only then that she seemed to sense the gravity of what had happened,

"I'm… I'm sorry" she muttered

"It's all right, but mind telling me what happened?" he stated, arms still wrapped unconsciously about her slender waist.

"It's nothing" she murmured

Mamoru chuckled "that may work with other people Usa, but it won't work with me. You are too strong to weep for an hour or so over nothing"

Usagi pulled back then, sky meeting cobalt as they gathered the measure of what it was that lay between them now, and the possibilities of what could blossom from this encounter,

"I'll tell you everything IF," Usagi began, "you tell me your story?"

Mamoru gazed steadily at her, and then spoke his assent "all right."

Thus began the breaching of the barrier each had built up to keep the other out, each of them knowing that the other had something that called to them, as a moth is called to the flame, each silently praying that they did not get burned, and so they stepped warily into courtships dance. At least as well as one can dance, when ones legs are no-longer able to bear weight upon them.