Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Walk to my lovers arms ❯ 12 ( Chapter 12 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

AN: *sniffles* I'm going to miss this fic.

Epilogue

Seconds had turned into minutes, minutes into hours, hours to day, days to weeks, weeks to months, and months into a year.

One full revolution of the Earth about the sun had passed since Usagi had left cherry Tree. A year that had seemed to span a lifetime as Usagi and Mamoru wrote to one another, their letters filled with their hopes, dreams, successes, disappointments, encouragements, and longings. Each printed word a testament of the lingering bond between them, of the deep rooted belief that they would see each other once again, but it had been a month since Usagi had last received a letter from him.

A month of continued improvement of her physical condition while her emotions raged within her going from anger, to sorrow, to the deep agony that tortured her as she longed for him. Hours spent in secret wonderings as to what had happened to the man that she had come to rely upon, the man that she had willingly given her heart to along with her dreams for her future, and now as the month passed heading into two she felt her hope of ever hearing from him again falter.

Yet it had not been a month completely devoid of hope, as Makoto had written saying that she and Kevin, whom had gone to retrieve her, were engaged. Usagi smiled as she remembered the ecstatic words printed in Makoto's copper-plate script, followed by Kevin's neat proclamations of his own delight on a separate piece of paper, both reinforcing that they wanted her to take part in the wedding party.

Usagi sighed, she knew that the jealousy she felt towards the pair was wrong, and that it was only because she was missing Mamoru, and now, with out the comfort of his weekly letters she was beginning to wonder if he had forgotten about her.

~

The ringing of the doorbell interrupted the blonde's reflection, so with a sigh she stood up. Taking careful steps Usagi made her way towards the front door to look through the peep hole.

Oh my god she thought her breath rushing out of her lungs as she opened the door,

"Mamoru?" she questioned tentatively as she looked up at the raven haired man before her, her eyes scanning every inch of his face, hands itching to brush an unruly lock of hair back so that she would be able to see into his deep midnight pools.

"Usagi" he breathed, smiling down at her. "I kept my promises"

With a laugh the blonde grinned back, and stepped closer wrapping her arms about him in her joy at seeing him again.

"It's so good to see you" she breathed, before demanding "why haven't you been writing?"

"I'm sorry" he replied his voice filled with regret, "just I had some exams to write, and then I went to see the lawyers about my Father's company. I own Chiba productions did you know that?... well I suppose you didn't, but now you do!" he babbled his words silenced by a finger against his lips,

"Don't speak" she murmured, gazing deeply up into his eyes as the fingers of her other hand buried themselves in his hair, "just kiss me"

Mamoru moaned as he felt the full length of her body press against his, even as their lips met. His hands moved one falling to rest in the small of her back, the other wrapped in her loose golden tresses even as his tongue slipped through her parted lips to taste the sweetness of her warm mouth, fueling the flames of his long suppressed desire.

Usagi feeling her desire threatening to consume her moaned. She was finally back where she belonged, here, in the arms of this strong, compassionate individual, and as their tongues battled for dominance her hands ran the length of his back feeling the muscles flex as he shuddered under her touch.

When the need for oxygen finally became too great, the couple still stayed wrapped in each others embrace, Usagi's head resting in the hollow of Mamoru's throat listening to his erratically beating heart.

"I love you" the man gasped out between breaths as he tightened his grip on her waist.

"I love you too" she replied, her words giving him the courage he needed to finish what he had come to her house to do,

"Say you'll stay with me Usagi" he began "you won't want for anything, and you won't have to work unless you want to. I… I just don't ever want to live with out you again"

Usagi smiled at the anxiety in his voice. He is so cute sometimes; does he actually think that I'll say no?

"neither do I" she began pulling back her eyes serious as she gazed lovingly up at him. "Now, shut up and kiss me"

~*~

I've been through many hardships

Not always wanting to go on

But now I see the reason behind God's master plan

He put me through the trials

Dragged me through the pain

Then he sent me you, to help me fight my way out again

I once sat before you, with two useless legs

Yet I fought to over come them,

To walk to see you once again

So here I am before you

Standing all alone

Holding out my heart towards you as you hold out your own

I know that I love you

I know that I need your strength

So take that step towards me,

Take that leap of faith

Fall instep beside me

And together we shall remain

Hand in hand,

Heart in heart

Stride in stride

For now,

Forever

Walking side by side

~*~

The End