Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Walk to my lovers arms ❯ 11 ( Chapter 11 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

I was just reading this over and realized my shift from 3rd to 1st person near the bottom of this chapter. Sorry about that, It's all fixed now.

Chapter 11

"Usagi" her mother began reaching out to put her hand upon her daughter's shoulder only to have Usagi pull away

"I don't feel like talking to you right now" she commented stiffly wheeling over to the window

"Usagi" her mother repeated walking towards the blond, "you know it would never work out…"

The girl remained silent making no indication that she had understood,

"Between you, and that boy I mean"

"I heard you mother, but you don't know anything about the situation. Besides I have other reasons for wanting to stay. I mean, what about Helen? If she comes back and fines me gone, she'll think I abandoned her just like all her other friends" Usagi wailed

"Ams, she's not coming back" her mother explained

"What? What do you mean??"

"Well, they'll be taking her to a place with higher levels of supervision to ensure that she doesn't try something like that again…"

"…. But that isn't the problem. She isn't really suicidal; it's just that… her life is so difficult right now."

"Hush Ams, it's for the best, the people there will be able to help her.

"No they won't, they won't be able to do a damn thing for her. If her family hasn't visited her while she's been here, then what makes you think they'll want to visit her there? It's even more shameful to have a child in a psychiatric ward, than just in physiotherapy, besides the person that she loves, and trusts the most probably won't be allowed to go see her. "

"Stop it! Stop it right now young lady, you are no psychologist so don't even start with the psycho-analysis."

The blond glared darkly, "she won't get any better there mom. More than likely she'll remain there until the day she dies, completely alone and forgotten."

"then that is what will happen, because you are leaving here in two days time, whether you want to or not. As for Helen, there is nothing you can do about it as her family has the final say. If you want, you can write to her but other than that…."

Usagi turned from her mother once again no longer wanting to hear what she had to say, "good-bye mother. I really don't feel like talking anymore"

"Usagi, we have to get this resolved. You must understand that your father and I are only concerned for your health and feel that it would be better if we got you away from here and these unstable influences."

"Mother, they need me, but since I can't change your mind I'm going to spend as much time with them as I can before I go away" with those words the wheel-chair bound girl left the room, and wheeled off down the hall towards the elevator.

God I need to think she muttered to herself as she pressed the button which would take her up to the roof.

********

Left alone in the room Usagi's mother burst out into tears. She knew that it was the right decision to remove her daughter from this environment contaminated by emotionally unstable individuals, and yet she couldn't help doubting it after her daughter's words.

It was obvious that these people had some type of a hold on her daughter, and Teresa knew how seriously her daughter took friendship.

What if that Makoto girl does die there?She thought knowing that her daughter would be angry if anything happened to Makoto. Teresa knew that if the girl fell into a beeper depression that Usagi would blame her for not allowing her to go and visit her. Yet the sooner Usagi left this place the better, as that way all contact between Usagi and these dangerous individuals would cease.

Two days we told her thought the blonde's mother, but maybe it would be better if we left immediately. No! I cant' do that to her, she'll hate me' the woman sobbed, but you must…it's in her best interest. She was still crying when her husband entered the room minutes later.

"What's wrong?" Mr. Tuskanio asked his wife as he sat down upon the bed and wrapped his arms about her waist.

"Its Usagi, she doesn't want to leave…I...I think she has become too attached to these people." The woman admitted

"Attached how?" he questioned his eyes darkening as he thought of the way that Mamoru had been eyeing his daughter.

"She said that she didn't want to leave her room-mate, something about the girl thinking that Usagi has abandoned her like everyone else"

"hmm... Sounds to me like that girl is emotionally unstable"

"I know… and besides I heard that Makoto was going to be moved, but I don't think its just that… she and that boy were in a rather compromising position when I came in"

"I'll KILL HIM!!!" Mr. Tuskanio raged seeing red. How dare some boy touch his precious daughter?

"Now, now, dear no need to be violent… I just think we should take her home as soon as possible before she gets even more attached."

The woman watched as her husband mulled before speaking,

"yes she should, it'll be better for her. She will be able to forget about these people, and their problems, and will no longer be exposed to their emotional troubles" he agreed, "why don't you pack her things, she should come home tonight, all other arrangements can be made once we get home."

Teresa's eyes opened wide in shock, "but darling, don't you think that's a little soon?"

"no, she was leaving in two days anyways. We can save ourselves the trip this way, and prevent any more of this teenage nonsense." With that Mr. Tuskanio stood up mentioning that he was going to talk to Ms. Malone about their decision.

*************************

why? why? why? why does it feel like the world is shattering around me? Why do my parents have to be so stubborn? Why do I feel so empty inside? Why do I feel so lost? I'm going home, home… to the place I lived before this mess began, back to the place where my best friends are. Why am I so empty? Usagi asked herself in the wind filled silence of the room-top, as the sun slowly descended in the western sky, why don't they let me stay here where people need me. Why can't I stay? He needs me, I need him. Makoto needs me too. They have nobody, nobody but me… she thought as the air became chill, finally prompting her to return to the warmth of the building, prompting her to go look for Mamoru in order to spend as much time by his side as was possible before her parents dragged her away, back to the place she had spent so many of her happiest moments.

Still deep in thought Usagi underwent the necessary motions in order to arrive where she was, just outside of his door; her hand mere millimeters from the wood of the door.

"Usagi! There you are" she heard one of the nurses exclaim, "your parents have been looking all over for you."

Usagi looked over at the woman, "oh, they're still here?"

"yes dear, didn't they tell you that they were taking you home today?"

"Today?" she repeated in shock, "but they said I had two days…"

"Well, whatever they said you are going home tonight, I'll just take you to them now." The nurse continued moving to take up the handles of Usagi's wheel chair.

"no!" the girl cried out, "I, I have a promise to keep" she explained willing the nurse to go away.

"well... I don't know dear, you really should be going."

"NO! I have to do this, I promised… just, tell me where they are and I'll go down when I'm done" Usagi pleaded. Her eyes round disks of hope as she looked up at the nurse trying hard not to cry, "Please, I promised…"

thenurse sighed, "oh all right I'll go down to the waiting room and tell them you'll be coming down in say fifteen-twenty minutes?"

"Thank you" the blonde breathed turning her attention back to the door as the nurse walked away.

"Mamoru?" she questioned rapping lightly upon the wooden surface.

"Come in" he called back in his deep warm voice.

Opening the door Usagi wheeled inside her eyes taking in the site of his deep blue eyes as he turned to look at her.

"Usagi?" he questioned "what are you doing here??"

"well… I've come to say goodbye" she told him while struggling to keep her emotions under control,

"oh…" he mouthed turning so that his chair was facing the other direction. "I suppose you're glad to be leaving" he continued his voice bitter. "You can go home and goof around with all your friends just like you used to while everyone here struggles on"

"Stop it!" Usagi demanded struggling to keep her voice steady through the tears running down her cheeks "it's not my fault… I don't want to go"

slowly he turned to face her, his expression remorseful as he looked into the girls red-ringed eyes.

"I'm sorry" he told her, reaching out a hand to her. Tentatively Usagi took it, and upon her still unsteady legs stood for a moment before falling into Mamoru's lap with a laugh.

"my father would kill you if he saw us" she remarked as she traced her fingertips along his jaw, and up over his lips.

"it would be worth it" Mamoru breathed barely daring to move as he looked into her eyes

"promise me you'll get out of here" Usagi implored as her hands dove into his midnight hair,

"I promise" he replied

"Promise me you'll write to me"

"I promise" he answered his arms moving to wrap about her slender waist as she moved her head to whisper in his ear,

"promise you'll come to see me"

Mamoru gasped at her words, and at the long forgotten sensations that ran through him forcing him to struggle to maintain control as he responded

"I promise"

"Good" Usagi replied her face mere millimeters from his as she whispered "because I wouldn't want this to be the only time we did this" before sealing the gap,

Mamoru's eyes opened wide in shock, the instant he felt her lips brush tentatively against his. Acting on instinct he tightened his hold on her waist, as his other hand buried itself in the hair at the nape of her neck. Through that simple contact he tried to let her know every half-recognized emotion he felt towards her, willing Usagi to understand what she meant to him as he nibbled lightly on her bottom lip gaining entrance to the sweet warm cavity of her mouth.

Usagi moaned at the passion of his kiss, at the emotions his touch caused to swell and burn within her. It was a sensation like she had never experienced before, and as they reluctantly pulled apart, chests heaving as they struggled to regain their breath, she closed her eyes and traced the features of his face,

"Usagi" Mamoru breathed, "Look at me"

The slender blonde opened her cornflower eyes, her hand stilling as it cupped his cheek.

"I promise you that I'll get better. I promise that I'll write, and I Promise that I'll come to see you, but you have to promise me one thing" he stated as his stomach tumbled in knots as he thought about what he was going to ask,

"What is it?" she asked smiling sweetly at him

"Promise me you'll wait for me"

As his words sunk in Usagi grasped the full gravity of what he was asking. If she agreed it meant that she would not date anyone else, she would have admitted herself to celibacy for an indefinite time. It would be as if she had a boyfriend, one that she was unable to see, fell, smell, and touch. If she agreed to this she would be bound to him by her words until the day came that he showed up on her doorstep walking on his own two legs.

Inwardly she blanched slightly at this thought, but as she looked him in the eye, remembered the emotions he had awakened within her, felt his arms wrapped about her, and inhaled his unique scent of cinnamon and roses she felt herself nod.

She could do this, for as she paused to think about it, she realized she cared more for this handsome emotional-wreck of a man than she had cared for Seiya in all two years of their relationship.

"Alright" she murmured looking him in the eyes, "I'll wait for you"

Mamoru grinned, causing Usagi's heart to beat faster. Then as her watch beeped marking the hour, she realized that she had to leave.

"time for you to go?" Mamoru questioned

"yes" Usagi replied returning to her wheel chair, leaning across the arm rests to give him one last kiss before she wheeled to the door.

"I'll tell you what happens between Makoto and Kevin" the raven haired man called, "I don't think he'll be too pleased when he hears about where she has been moved to."

Usagi laughed lightly as she passed through the wooden archway, pausing a moment to call

"send them both my love and Mamoru… I'll keep you in my heart" before she shut the door behind her.

Inside the room Mamoru felt the sad feeling of closure, as he heard the sounds of car doors slamming in the parking lot below, it was as if some part of him was saying

She's gone now, gone forever but that voice was quickly silenced by the memory of her fingers gently caressing the side of his face. The echo of her voice ringing through his head as it extracted those promises.

"I will leave this place" he stated boldly, continuing "I'll leave it for everything that could be between her and I. I'll leave this chair behind, so that like she did today, I'll be able to stand up and walk from this chair and into her arms." his voice rang true, filled with determination, and his thoughts, equally determined echoed the sentiment,

I'll do it so that I too will be able to stand up and walk to my lovers arms.