Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Walk to my lovers arms ❯ 10 ( Chapter 10 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 10

Usagi remained silent all throughout the trip up to the director's office wondering why they wanted to see her, and why Mamoru had said what he had.

"We're here" the nurse stated as she knocked lightly on a door,

"Come in" came a voice from within, and then the nurse opened the door to reveal a middle-aged woman sitting behind a desk.

"Hello Usagi, I'm Ms. Malone."

"Nice to meet you" Usagi responded taking the pro-offered hand and giving it a firm shake.

"Before we begin with the real reason as to why you are here, would you care for something to eat?" questioned Ms. Malone gesturing towards the tray of pastries.

Usagi nodded, accepting a plate before taking Danish from the tray.

"Now then" the directress began, "we were wondering if you had any information as to why Makoto acted the way she did."

Usagi stared blankly at the woman, silently debating whether or not to tell the woman what she knew about Makoto's family life and relationship with Kevin.

The director sighed pleading,

"Usagi, we can not help her if we do not know what is wrong"

The blonde haired girl looked at her hands in her lap, not knowing what to say, then taking a deep breath began,

"You must know what her relationship with her family is like…how they never come to visit her, hardly ever call, and every so often write, and to her friends she might as well be dead. To Makoto the world is not a particularly friendly place, she can't walk, nor is it likely that she ever will be able to do so again. She feels lost, hopeless, and was really only holding on because for awhile she had something to live for, she had someone that would be devastated if anything should happen to her, but he left a little while ago without even saying good-bye. Think of how horrible she must have felt, when the one person she dared to trust suddenly vanished without a trace."

The directress looked at the slender girl across from her and handed her a tissue to dry her eyes,

"Do you know how she got the pills?"

Usagi shook her head, "who knows, she could have saved them."

"Hmmm" Ms. Malone pondered, her lips pressed firmly together as she thought it over, "well then, thank you for your help miss Tuskanio."

"You're welcome." Usagi responded, turning at the sound of a knock on the door.

"Come in." the directress beckoned, as the door opened to reveal her assistant.

"Mr. and Mrs. Tuskino to see you." the woman stated as said couple walked past her and into the office.

"Oh Usa, are you all right?" asked Mrs. Tuskino giving her daughter a hug.

"I'm fine Mom, just fine. What are you doing here?"

"Well Usagi," began her father bending down, "after hearing the news your mother and I decided that you are going to be leaving Cherry Tree this week."

"What??" the blonde exclaimed looking at her parents in shock.

"We just think that it would be better if you came home now." her mother said offering no real explanation as to their motives.

"…. But… I want to stay." Usagi whined thinking of her budding relationship with the aloof Mamoru.

"I'm sorry Usa, but that isn't an option. You'll be here another three days to learn all the exercises, and that should give us enough time to locate a Physiotherapist near home."

Secretly furious that she had not been consulted Usagi wheeled out of the room with out saying anything more to her parents.

How dare they do this to me? I want to stay and help Mako. and what about Mamoru? Am I just supposed to forget all about him? It's just not fair. I'm not ready to go home quite yet. She fumed savagely pressing the down arrow button, and then the appropriate number which would take her to her floor.

Usagi was upset, and didn't want to see nor talk to anyone as she wheeled down the hall towards her room, quickly opening the door and slamming it shut behind her.

Mamoru watched Usagi wheel quickly past, her long pigtails streaming out behind her,

I wonder what's wrong… he thought to himself wheeling out of his room in time to see the door slam shut behind her.

Deep in thought he propelled himself down the hall stopping in front of her door.

Taking a deep breath he knocked, something he had never done before, and called,

"Usagi, are you all right?"

"Just go away" she shot back her voice slightly muffled

"What's wrong?" he tried again

"Nothing, now just leave me alone."

Mamoru was slightly stunned at her savage tone, so reaching out he turned the doorknob, opening the door just enough so that he could see in.

"Usa…"

"I thought I told you to piss off."

Annoyed he replied, "I'm not leaving until you tell me what's the matter" and wheeled into the room

Usagi turned to look at him through narrowed eyes, her fists clenched upon the arms of her wheel chair,

"You want to know what's wrong?" she demanded, "What's wrong is that Makoto is very sick and will most likely end up in a mental institute, my parents are being over protective, and I…" her voice faltered as she struggled to choke back tears, "I'm leaving soon."

Mamoru stared at her for a moment, and as her words sunk in he wheeled over reaching out a hand in order to comfort her.

"Don't touch me." Usagi hissed between tears as she jerked away from the contact. He paid her no heed instead placing his arm upon her back,

"I said no." she sobbed turning her head to bury her face in his shoulder

Mamoru ran his hand down her back and whispered,

"Hush Odango, everything will turn out just fine in the end."

Usagi didn't speak merely struggled to get her emotions under control.

"Usagi?" a voice intruded from the door as her mother looked in upon the tender exchange between the too young people.

Mamoru looked up as the woman walked over, silently requesting that he leave. Sighing he did as she bid him, carefully unwrapping Usagi's hands from where they clung to him,

"I have to go Usa; I think your mom wants to speak to you"

"Don't leave." she whispered in reply her fingers slowly retreating down his arm, as he pulled away.

"Thank you" Usagi's mother said to Mamoru as he wheeled out the door, and as he reached behind him to close it he called,

"Don't forget your promise." and then he was gone, leaving the girl and the woman to themselves.

Hope you enjoyed reading that, big thanks to Asma for beta-reading.

And to all of you for your support ^_^ it means a lot to me

~galene (formerly Sugargurl)