Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Walk to my lovers arms ❯ chapter nine ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 9

Nurses pounded down the corridor in response to Usagi's terrified cry, even as the floor's occupants opened their doors to see what was causing the commotion.

"Everyone, back in your rooms!" some of the nurses ordered, while one rushed to Usagi's side to see what the matter was.

"Oh my god, oh my God" Usagi muttered, her face growing grey with shock.

"Quick, get her out of here" the nurse ordered, upon glancing into the bathroom.

Usagi soon found herself being pushed purposefully down the hallway, all the while demanding to know if Makoto would be all right.

"Hush dear, she'll be fine" the nurse attempted to soothe, but the underlying concern in her voice gave her away. The situation was even more serious than Usagi had thought, as she wondered what could have possibly gone wrong to cause her friend to do such a thing.

"Hey! What's going on?" a male voice called causing the nurse to pause and turn to face the speaker. As soon as Usagi spotted him, she burst out into tears, and he immediately wheeled to her side.

The nurse watched the exchange, managing to look Mamoru in the eyes over the distraught girls head.

Mamoru nodded firmly indicating that he would take responsibility for the bawling girl. Then he slowly disentangled himself from the blonde long enough for the nurse to wheel Usagi into his room, before shutting the door as she left.

"Usagi, Are you all right?" he questioned gently as she clung tightly to him.

"Oh god, Mamoru…she was practically blue…" Usagi choked out, "and lying so still… I thought she was dead until her fingers closed."

"Probably took some pills…" Mamoru thought out loud

"Why? how could she do such a thing, she was so happy this morning."

Mamoru held her close, until her tears subsided. He had a pretty good idea of what had finally tipped Makoto over the edge, as she really had only been holding on to sanity by a slender thread. A thread named Kevin,

"Hush" he murmured stroking her back, "look at me, there are things about Makoto that she doesn't tell anybody, things she doesn't wish them to know."

Usagi pulled back only to find she drowning in his pain clouded midnight eyes.

"What do you mean? She told me about her father and all of that…I just don't get it, she just seemed so happy."

Mamoru sighed, "Yes, it was her little act. Her way of fighting the depression and the pain that threatened to eat her up from the inside out, and Kevin, he was the one that got her to put that aside, to let it go and just be herself again."

Usagi nodded, her thoughts briefly touching the time in her life when suicide had been a very real option; then as she glanced around the room she asked,

"Where is Kevin? I didn't see him at dinner…"

"He's gone." Mamoru commented bluntly, "His parents took him home today as his grandmother is dying"

"Oh... then when's he coming back?"

"He isn't… his family decided that he would be able to get well at home just as well as here."

"Oh god…" Usagi gasped finally beginning to comprehend why Makoto had done what she did, "I guess she thinks that there is nothing worth living for…" she mused

Mamoru nodded his head sadly, looking at her from the corner of his eye. He knew what it felt like to be forgotten by the people that were supposed to love you, yet he had been too stubborn to die, and had hung on in a kind of limbo.

The pair sat companionably in a suffering silence, each wondering what was going to happen to their friend, and thinking of their own struggles with the feelings that had led her to make the choice she had.

Finally, the sound of sirens roaring up the driveway prompted them to wheel over to the window, where the Ambulance was pulling up.

"Oh god Makoto, what did you do to yourself?" Mamoru muttered, and then the pair fell silent once more; each thankful that the other was still in one piece.

The next morning dawned bright and sunny; Usagi awoke in a state of confusion, to find herself wrapped up in a strong embrace, a warm wall of muscle.

'What? Where am I?' She asked herself, as her blue eyes fluttered open only to reveal the interior of Mamoru's room.

'How'd I get here?' she questioned, then as the memories came back her body convulsed in a small shudder.

"Usagi are you all right?" Mamoru's warm voice came from behind her, his warm breath sending shivers up her spine even as his arms tightened about her waist.

Usagi sighed as she leaned into him, happy to let all her troubles go for awhile as she relaxed in the safety that was his embrace.

"I'm fine" she replied as she rolled over to face him, and found herself staring directly at the base of his throat. She smiled slightly to herself letting her eyes drift up over the creamy column of his throat, past his defined jaw, fine boned cheeks, to the twin pools of Deep Ocean blue that were his eyes. Usagi's breath caught in her throat at the emotions she found there as he looked at her through a sleep filled haze, unable to tear her gaze away she watched his face move closer, his hand under her chin tilting her face up to meet his.

'oh god, he's going to kiss me' she thought, but before the promised event could occur the door opened behind them, and they were forced to move apart.

"Good morning you two" a nurse greeted cheerfully,

"How is Makoto?" Usagi demanded as she sat up in the bed.

"Oh, Makoto is fine, she had her stomach pumped and is resting comfortably in the hospital."

The pair sighed in relief that their friend was going to be all right,

"That's wonderful" Mamoru commented, as Usagi asked,

"When is she coming back?"

The nurse just shrugged, "I don't know… but Usagi the director would like to see you."

"Why?"

"I'm not sure, but I'm assuming that they want to figure out why she did what she did. Oh! And your parents are coming out this afternoon."

"Oh..." Usagi mouthed looking over at Mamoru, as she thought of what had almost happened between them.

"Well, breakfast is in fifteen minuets" the nurse informed Mamoru as she wheeled Usagi's chair closer to the bed. "Come on then, you're eating upstairs"

Usagi nodded, and manuvered herself into the chair, sitting calmly as the nurse began to wheel her out of the room.

"Usagi?" Mamoru began causing the blonde to turn to look at him,

"Yes?"

"Just, promise me you'll come back to say goodbye"

Usagi's brow creased in confusion, and then the door was shut preventing her from asking him what he meant.

AN:

Comments?

Yes, the story is slowly wrapping up, but you will find out what happens with Makoto n all before the end..