Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ What it'll take ❯ Chapter 1

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

*I don't own sailor moon, I wish I did, if they would sell them to me for the little money I had, I'd be happy, but that'll never happen, lol!*

The shot glass went back then was slammed against the table. She bit into the lime. "Ha!" she exclaimed, looking over at the crowd of people that.

There were loud cheers, and Serena bowed with a wide grin on her face. The bartender laughed, then slid the money towards her.

"You're the newest champ," he grinned.

"Hey, if I get to be two hundred dollars richer, hey, it's all good," she laughed.

"I don't know if I should be really mad about this," Darien said, wiping the lime juice from his lips.

Serena shrugged. "I did beat you fair and square like I said I would."

He nodded his head. "Well, this is an interesting visit. I go away for a few months, and come back to see my best friend's sister is now the shooter queen."

Serena shrugged her shoulders, and gave him an innocent smirk. "You wanted to have a night of fun, I just gave it to you."

Darien shook his head. " `Rena, I don't think you'll ever change."

She smiled. "Why thank you Darien, I think that is one of the nicest things I've heard in a while."

Darien looked at her carefully.

Serena had her long blond hair swept up in a ponytail with a few pieces wrapped around, making it look like a hair-made elastic. Her blue eyes were sparkling with their usual mischievous look.

She was wearing a tight black velvet halter-top and low riding black pants, revealing her midriff. The jewel in her belly button barbell, sparkled.

When she ha shown up, he hadn't believed his eyes. Serena wasn't the girl that she once was, and now, as he looked at her, he realized that she hadn't been that childish girl for a long time. He just never had noticed it before.

"Earth to Darien," Serena said, waving her hand in front of his face.

He shook his head, snapping out of his deep thoughts.

"So, what do you want to do now?" she asked him.

He grabbed the beer that he had abandoned to compete with Serena with the tequila shots. He shrugged, looking just beyond Serena to see a few guys really checking her out. He wanted to pound the shit out of them.

`What the hell?' he thought. Why was he suddenly feeling like he ought to be putting the guys into their place and keep them away from his Serena. His Serena? That was an interesting thought.

"Come on Darien, there has to be something that you want to do, `drew said I was to get you out for the night, so, here we are."

"And I'm sure I probably screwed up plans that you had tonight."

Her eyes sharpened. "Trust me, you've helped me tonight," she said quietly.

He looked at her with furrowed brows, his eyes misting with confusion.

She knew that he was curious about her last statement, but she really didn't want to relive the details.

"Okay, Serena, what's up?"

"Nothing," she said sharply.

He clenched his jaw. He knew that tone. He sucked in a deep breath, and tried to think of something to change the subject.

"Well, how about we go for a pool game," he suggested.

Serena's eyes sparkled again. "Ah, that we can do, only, if you don't mind getting your butt kicked."

"Is that a challenge?"

She nodded her head.

"Alright then, you're on."

Her smile widened. She swallowed the last sip of her drink, and grabbed a hold of his hand, and dragged him to an empty pool table.

"You rack and I'll break."

Darien helplessly did as she said.

He set up the balls, then moved to allow Serena to take a shot. Her first shot scattered the balls well across the table.

His eyes widened. "Practicing have we?"

She shrugged. "You've been gone for over six months, what can you expect."

He laughed. He took his shot, and tried to land a striped ball in the hole. He glanced up at Serena, into her blues eyes, and grinned. He shot, and landed it.

"Ooh, trying to show me your game," she said in a teasing voice.

He squinted his eyes, trying to lay up for his next shot.

He missed, making it her turn. She sunk two balls. And was laying up for her third shot.

Darien watched her intently. She was leaned over the table in front of him; he couldn't help but notice how fine her body was. He cursed silently, and tried to look away. He had to move to try and get of the eye line.

She sunk the shot, and went to sink another, but she missed.

"Try and catch up Dere."

He glared at her mockingly. She always seemed to call him Dere; he didn't even remember how it came to be.

Eventually it was down to the last four balls. Serena had one left, and Darien had two, and of course the eight ball.

"I'm not liking the look of this," he said as Serena set up her shot to sink her last ball.

She gave him a mocking look. "Oh poor baby, he's going to lose to me twice in one night."

The crowd that was around them, watching laughed.

"I say you people place bets," a guy hollered out.

"I'll say twenty on the girl," another guy stated.

"A hundred!"

Serena laughed. "A lot of confidence, thank you," she turned and bowed to the crowd, who clapped and cheered.

Darien shook his head with a smile tugging on his lips.

"I'll match that bet that Darien might make the game," a familiar voice said from behind Darien.

His eyes widened, as he stared desperately at Serena, just before he turned around.

A tall brunette stood there. She had her arms crossed, causing her to look more bustier.

"Beryl," he said with some surprise.

She grinned with a glint of maliciousness. "Glad you're home."

"I'm willing to bet five hundred," a voice called out."

Everyone turned to look.

"On who?" Serena asked with a mischievous glow.

A guy stepped forward, through the crowd. "On you," he grinned sexily.

Serena smiled. The guy was really hot. He was tall, and he was built well. The black shirt he was wearing was open, revealing a bit of chiseled muscle.

Darien glared at the guy. The debate of whether he was finding Serena attractive, or if it was possible to have feelings for her, was put aside. He wouldn't have a guy looking at her like that.

Was he jealous? He didn't know. He just knew that he wanted to cause some bodily harm to him.

"If you do it in this go, I'll give you half, but if we go out."

Everyone watched with interest.

Serena curled her lips in a devious smile. "You're on."

Beryl grabbed Darien's collar, and brought his face to hers, and kissed him. "You'll win," she said snarkily as she glared at Serena.

Serena turned to look at her, and gave her an equal balanced look of hatred. "Sorry bitch, but, I'm going to win. You're money is blood money."

The crowd watched the two young women glare at each other.

Darien shrugged away from Beryl.

Serena set up her shot, and sunk it. There were cheers. She moved around the table to set her shot up for the magic eight.

She slowly pulled arm back, then burst forward. The white ball sunk the eight ball. "Yes!" she exclaimed.

Darien shook his head. "Damn!" he muttered.

"You take the cake babe," the stud laughed.

Serena turned around and grinned at five hundred-dollar bidder. "How about you buy me a drink with the winnings you just gained."

He grinned with a gleam in his eyes. "Anything you want darlin'," he laughed. He went over to Beryl and stuck out his hand.

She glared at him.

"A bid is a bid, and I do believe my bid won, so cough it up Beryl."

Serena was shocked that the guy knew Beryl's name, but he could hear the disdain in his voice as he said her name. Serena grinned widely. "Well Beryl?" she asked, crossing her arms.

Darien could see that the animosity between Beryl and Serena has grown worse. The feud was obviously growing worse.

After a frosty glare at Serena, she pulled out a wad of cash from the top of her tube-top. She counted five one hundred-dollar bills, and slapped them into the guy's outstretched hand.

The guy slung his arm around Serena's shoulders. She laughed. She was having a damn good time.

"Let's get you that drink, anything you want my princess."

Darien watched Serena go off with the guy with hair of an auburn black color.

Beryl turned him around by his shirt.

"You just cost me five hundred dollars," she glowered.

He shrugged. "How am I supposed to win when it's her shot, and she has only one ball left."

Beryl's eyes hardened. "Well, since it cost me five hundred-dollars, I get you tonight to make up for it."

Darien's eyes widened. "Beryl we broke up, then I went to England, for more then half a year. How much does it take to convince you that I don't want to be with you anymore."

She grinned then, with an evil maliciousness glint cast in her eyes. "When I kissed you, I think I could feel you missing me."

He looked disgusted. "Forget it Beryl, besides, I have a girlfriend."

She stepped back. "What!"

He nodded, "that's right."

Saying that he had a girlfriend was the only thing that he could think of to try and get some distance from Beryl.

Well, she thought. I'm going to do all in my power to get you back, she added with determination.

"Well, I could work around that," she said, raising her eyebrow seductively.

Darien clenched his jaw. "Don't even try it. I want you to keep away from me." He turned and went after Serena and high bidder.

Serena smiled with satisfaction when she saw Darien turn away from Beryl and come after her.

She turned to the gorgeous guy beside her, "so, what's your name?"

"Rubeus Trincot."

"Serena Stephens," she smiled warmly.

"So, how about that drink," Rubeus grinned.

She smiled. "Sounds good."

Darien took a seat beside her.

"So, what do you want to drink, name your poison."

Serena bit her lip; "a double shot Long Island iced tea."

Rubeus laughed. "My, you sure can hold your drinks. I've seen you really hit the hard shit."

Serena laughed, and quickly glanced at Darien. "I do know that I can drink a few people I know under the table."

Darien grinned, recalling the memory. Serena, Andrew, and a few more of their friends had gone to Serena and Andrew's family cabin, and Serena drank them all under the table.

The next day they all had wicked hangovers, and Serena just laughed, and hit the slopes while they all had suffered miserably. He did manage to join her later, but his head still hurt a bit.

"Sounds like the girl that I should take with me to parties," Rubeus grinned.

Darien glared at Rubeus and he in turn glared at him. He didn't want Serena partying with him; he didn't want him doing anything with Serena.

Serena's drink came, and she sipped it. "Ah, that's the shit."

Rubeus laughed. "I think I'll have one of those myself," he said, gesturing to the bartender.

Darien glanced at his watch, trying to take his mind off Serena and the guy beside her, who was looking at her with open admiration.

Rubeus's drink came, and the two of them talked a bit. He almost couldn't believe how old Serena was. She was twenty, but had the maturity that no other had. Her blue eyes mesmerized him.

After they finished their drinks, Darien glanced at his watch again. "I have to go Sere, I have a meeting tomorrow."

"Oh," she said rising to her feet. She looked at her watch, "holy shit, I can't believe the time."

"I got to get home, I've got a final tomorrow."

"Can I get your number?" Rubeus asked.

Serena nodded, and grabbed a pen from behind the bar, and wrote it on his hand.

"Okay, talk to you later."

Rubeus smiled.

Darien waited for Serena as she got her leather jacket and purse, glaring at Rubeus the whole time.

"Alright Darien, lets go."

Rubeus waved, and watched them go. He had to wonder how close Darien and her were. She was really hot, and he wanted to go out with her. He wanted her period.

Serena turned back just before she slipped out the door, and gave him a mischievous grin.

He waved a final goodbye, then she was gone.

"Man, you've fallen bad for her," the bartender grinned.

Rubeus grinned.

"I'll warn you though, Serena's got a brother that's really protective of her. He'll cut you to pieces, and then you'd have to face Darien."

"A regular?" Rubeus asked.

He shrugged, "they come in here enough. Darien's been out of town. But I'd really watch it."

"I noticed that, the guy was ready to kill me, just by sitting with her."

"Rubeus," a thick voice drawled.

He swallowed nervously, then turned to face Beryl.

"Diamond's not going to be happy with you," she said, her eyes mocking him.

"And why would that be?"

She looked disgusted. "Going with that slut is sudden death."

"I think you've gotten mixed up, you're the slut here Beryl."

"Whatever," she said, trying to not slap him. "I'm going to get revenge on her yet."

Rubeus got up, dropping cash to pay for the drinks, then left.

Serena sat beside Darien in the cab. The streets flew by them and she sat there content.

Darien's thoughts were brooding. He chewed the inside of his bottom lip. Serena seemed content with her thoughts of Rubeus. But he wasn't. It was bugging him that he would be calling her, and she would be getting dressed up really hot for a date with him.

"Darien, you okay?" she asked him, having looked over, and saw him look like he was contemplating someone's death.

He looked at her. Her golden hair was hanging over her shoulders, and her blue eyes were filled with concern. Everything melted. He wanted to take her into his arms, and let the world fall away.

He shook his head.

"Dere, you can't hide things from me, now tell me, what's up?"

He had to say something. He knew that she would eventually get it out of him, but he couldn't tell her that he was going crazy over her.

"I guess I'm worried about the meeting I have tomorrow."

She looked at him carefully. She wanted to try and probe for what was really bugging him. But, he was hard to break. She accepted his answer.

Oh why can't you care for me? She asked her thoughts.

But there was no answer except the reason she had given to herself. She was the sister of his best friend. He'd never look at her in the way that she wanted him to.