Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ What it'll take ❯ Catching up on times ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

She was sleeping soundly, when a heavy body bounding onto her bed caused her to wake up. She knew it was definitely wasn't her cat.

She jumped up, "what the …"

Her brother Andrew grinned at her.

"Oh my god! Andrew!" she exclaimed, then threw her arms around him.

"Gee, I think you actually missed me," he laughed.

"Get real," she said, gently shoving him.

"So, how was last night? I know I sprung that on you last minute."

"Andrew, you couldn't help it, you were delayed at the airport. I can't really blame you. Besides it was cool. I kicked his ass at pool and shooters."

Andrew laughed, shaking his head. "My sister, ladies and gentlemen."

Serena laughed, "Hey, I won two hundred for the shot contest."

"Good grief."

"How was your trip?"

Andrew grinned. "Great… I met a girl on the plane, and we hung out. We're going to go out when she gets back in about five days."

"Well," she probed.

Andrew rolled his eyes. "Always so nosy."

"Well, I like to know what you're getting into… because then I can laugh my ass off at you later."

Andrew laughed.

"So, come on, tell me about her."

"Alright. Her name's Leta, and she's tall, and really pretty."

"Leta," she pondered at the name. "It sounds familiar."

"Leta's HomeStyle," Andrew suggested.

Serena's eyes widened. "You mean…"

Andrew nodded, laughing.

"Yeah, she was going to a conference."

"That's cool. That restaurant is like-some of the best food I've ever had."

He shook his head. Serena and her knowledge of all the good food places, he laughed.

"So, what else?"

"She's awesome. We went hiking-all the things that I like to do, she does too."

Serena smiled. "Sounds good, like you two are meant for each other."

Andrew patted her knee. "Well, it'll be interesting when you find that perfect someone, don't you worry, Sere."

Serena's eyes glistened for a second, but she blinked to prevent the tears.

"Serena?"

She released a sigh. "I'm fine."

He stared at her. "Come on, you deserve so much better."

"Yeah, well, tell what's better. We were together for so long, then one day out of the blue, it was hello, Heartbreak City."

"Oh, come on. You're a pretty girl; you'll meet a lot of guys in your life.

She smiled lightly. She thought of the previous night. She had enjoyed last night a lot. Darien had been a lot of fun to hang out with, and Rubeus was certainly hot. She definitely wanted to get to know him better.

"I know that look."

Serena turned to look at her brother. "What look?"

"Who is it?" he asked.

"That'll depend."

"There's more then one, interesting."

She shook her head grimacing. She smacked his arm. "Okay out, I want to get changed."

"Yeah, Darien's coming in about two hours, you want to hang with us? We're going to go-well, I don't know where. We can decide later."

She shrugged. "Sure, whatever. But out now!"

Andrew smiled. "Okay." He rose, then left her alone in her room.

She stretched, then rose from her bed. Her black cat Luna was stretched out on the windowsill, soaking up the early spring's sun.

"So Luna, what shall I wear?"

The cat gazed at her, then yawned and fell asleep.

Serena shook her head, then went to her closet and searched through her clothes. There were so many of them.

She finally decided on her long jean skirt, with a slit up the front, and a sleeveless, and backless, except two strings she had to tie it with, black shirt, with the neckline that scooped down a bit low.

She went and showered, then dressed. She turned to look at herself in the mirror. She braided it to the side, then let it hang over the front of her shoulder. She did up some of her makeup, then went downstairs to the kitchen to get some food.

"Didn't you have a final to write?" Darien asked, already in the kitchen.

She shook her head. "I mixed the dates up. My final's tomorrow, then I'm all done. I've only got to wait to see if I pass, then I can teach."

"Who'd of thought that you'd end up as a teacher. You used to hate school."

"Not all of it," she laughed. "Besides, teaching grade two's shall be a challenge," she grinned.

"So, the two year program really worked for you?"

She nodded.

Andrew came into the kitchen, joining them. "So, what are we going to do today?" he asked them.

Serena shrugged, "your guess is as good as mine."

Darien tried to think of something, but he wasn't able to.

"Oh," Serena said suddenly.

"What?" Andrew asked, leaning against the counter that Darien was sitting at.

She closed the fridge, holding a cu a yogurt. "Up at the mountain resort. There's a concert, They just finished a snowboarding competition. That should be cool."

Andrew turned to Darien, "well, what do you think?"

"Sounds good," he answered.

Serena smiled. "After I finish eating this, we can go."

"I'll go start up the blazer," Andrew said, grabbing the keys from the hook.

Andrew got the blazer after he graduated college. He finally ad managed to save enough.

Serena sighed, she had wanted to take her sports car, but she guessed that Andrew wanted to drive, because he certainly didn't like the standard shift.

"Whatever," she said, putting a spoonful of yogurt into her mouth.

She finished her yogurt, and hurried to her room to grab her purse.

Andrew honked.

She groaned as she swiped her cell phone from the charger, then hurried to the truck. She slipped into the backseat, and shut the door.

Andrew had the radio on, while Darien was flipping through Andrew's CDs.

Serena made herself comfortable for the long ride ahead of her. Darien picked one of the mixed cds then popped it in. it had alternative with fast and slower beat music.

She fell asleep to Matchbox 20's If your gone.

"So, how was England?" Andrew asked Darien.

"Great! I met a lot of doctors that… I mean I learned a lot. Dr. Grisdel's coming to Tokyo, so I'm going to train under him, and perhaps join his practice."

"Sounds good."

"How was Sydney?" Darien asked.

"It was so cool. I went skydiving, but that was Leta's idea."

"Leta?"

"Oh yeah, I met her on the plane down under. We talked, and we totally clicked."

"Well, congrats."

"On?"

"You finally meeting someone. If you jumped out of a plane for her, then I know you're hooked."

Andrew shook his head. "Man, between you and my sister, I feel as though you've married me off."

Darien grinned, with brightness, like something clicked inside his head. "Now there's an idea."

"Good god," Andrew said, his eyes widening.

"Oh, don't worry."

Andrew looked at him suspiciously.

"Oh, well, I did meet a girl when I was in England, but we didn't really do to much about it."

"You know, I used to think that you and-" he stopped.

Darien stared at him, "me and who?" he asked with interest.

"Nobody."

"Andrew!"

"No, forget it."

"Drew, you can't do that. You started to say something, then you stop and leave me hanging."

Andrew bit his lip; he didn't really want to say that he had hoped that he and Serena would find each other. He couldn't figure out how they really felt about each other though, so that's why he didn't want to say anything. They had to figure it out on their own.

Darien stared at him expectantly.

Andrew tried to think of something.

"Beryl," he blurted it out.

Darien looked at him horrified surprise.

Andrew laughed.

"You're so lying!"

Ah, what are you going to do about it?"

"Kick your god damned ass!"

Andrew grinned, "like you could."

Darien shook his head.

"So, why has it gotten worse between Beryl and Serena?" Darien asked.

"What do you mean?"

"Well, last night, while we were playing pool, people began to make bets. Beryl bid on me, and some guy bid on Serena."

Andrew's eyes widened.

"She won, and Beryl was pissed that I lost her five hundred."

"Shit! Did they…?"

"They didn't physically attack each other, but I could definitely feel the iciness between the two of them."

"You've been away along time, Darien."

"Well, what the hell happened?"

"Serena was dating Allan for a while, both against Diamond."

"What was Allan's deal with Diamond?"

"Allan was a trafficker. He handled money and met up with money. He stopped, and then got with Serena. So to do that while Diamond had been trying to date her that wasn't good. So, Beryl moved in on Diamond, and Allan did less for them, then stopped completely."

"Beryl's with Diamond?" Darien asked with disbelief.

Andrew nodded. "That slut's with him now. She the one that convinced Diamond to remove Allan."

"He didn't?"

"Serena figured it out and broke up with him, and helped him to get out of town. He's gone to America with a new identity."

"Holy shit! I'd want to kill her too."

"Yeah, so Beryl's trying to find a way to get Serena, because she didn't get rid of Allan. You know Beryl."

"Shit, didn't the boys keep them back?"

Andrew shook his head. "They couldn't. Once Diamond got it into his head, he had ways to get Allan"

"I want it to end," Darien shook his head.

"It should soon. Serena's tired of their shit, and Diamond hasn't tried anything. You've seen Serena when she's pissed."

Darien nodded. "I hope she's never pissed at me. She could easily kill when she's angry. She scares me."

"Exactly. When Diamond tried that, he found out that he had gone too far. No one but Beryl dares to try anything against her."

They arrived at the mountain resort. The music from the concert was within hearing distance. "Sounds good," Darien commented.

He was still stirred by what Andrew had told him. Beryl was the daughter of the competing company of Drew and Serena's parents. That was enough of a feud.

Diamond was the underdog of the city. He ruled the streets, and the whole underground. His eyes had been on Serena since Junior High. She rejected him, and he dropped out, and he began the underground.

It eventually gave Beryl an extra source of fuel

Serena's eyes opened, and she yawned. "Cool, we're there."

The music was getting louder, as they were drawing nearer.

Andrew pulled onto a street and parked, seeing that it was the closet he'd get to the village.

Serena jumped out of the truck, and stretched. She was cramped after sleeping the whole ride.

Darien and Andrew joined her, and they headed towards the concert.

*so, what do you think??

Please, you gotta tell me, I'm not too good at rating my own stories, so tell me what you think, or give suggestions, and thank you for the reviews!!