Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ What it'll take ❯ One nice night ( Chapter 4 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

* Remember, I don't own characters of SM, but one can dream *

I hope this is okay compared to the other chapters

Darien was in front of the TV while Andrew was talking on the phone.

"Yes, tomorrow morning will be fine."

Darien listened to his friend on the phone.

"Okay, I'll see you then…" he laughed then. "…brunch, then we'll drive to your cabin."

Andrew smirked as he hung up the phone.

"I'm hoping that was a girl."

Andrew threw a pillow at him Darien ducked out of the way.

"So?" Darien grinned.

"God! You're as bad as Serena."

Darien put his hand to his chest, and feigned a look of shock. "Moi?"

Andrew groaned, while rolling his eyes.

"Seriously Drew, don't leave me hanging."

"Oh, like I need to do that," Andrew grinned.

Darien glared at him. "Nice, oh, so nice."

"I know," he grinned.

Darien shook his head.

"I met Leta on the plane to Sydney."

"Oh, so the whole trip…"

Andrew nodded. "It was great. Every day and night, it was just us. Well, there were a few things we had to do, but hey, it was all good."

"That's the most serious I've seen of you ever when it comes to the species of the opposite sex."

"Am I that bad?"

Darien shrugged. "Let's see college man, you went out with Carla for lunch, then with Diana for dinner."

Andrew laughed. "Okay, so what."

"It sounds like you've fallen for her."

Darien and Andrew turned to the stairs. Serena stood there in a red spaghetti strap dress that came to her mid thighs, and had wisps of red beads, hanging down to her knees.

Her long blond hair was swept on her head, into a twist, with hair hanging in curls.

Darien's jaw dropped open.

Serena blushed.

"Really dressing up there," Andrew said cautiously.

Serena arched an eyebrow.

"Just haven't seen you get… what's the word, ah, glammed up."

"Yeah, you look really…"

"Rubeus is taking me for dinner and dancing. Do you think it's appropriate?"

Andrew nodded. "It's pretty."

Darien nodded slowly.

Pretty, his mind chortled.

Shut up, he snapped at his mind.

You know that's not the word to describe it.

I mean it, shut up!

Serena grabbed her little black purse from the table by the front door.

"Do I really look okay?" she asked her brother.

Andrew nodded, and kissed her forehead. "You look better then okay."

"Thanks," she smiled sweetly.

The doorbell rang breaking Serena's calmness. Her eyes widened and she swallowed nervously. "Oh god! He's here."

"Shh…" Andrew laughed. "I'll get the door. No need to get all excited."

Serena took in a deep breath.

"Have you forgotten what it's like to go on a date, meatball head.

Serena laughed at the nickname. When she was smaller, her mother had put her hair up in pigtails with buns at the top.

"See, it's not so bad."

Andrew opened the door. "Hello."

"Hi, I'm here to pick up Serena."

Andrew allowed him to enter the living room where he stopped at the sight of her.

Rubeus stood in black khakis and a dark blue dress shirt. His ruddy hair was parted in the middle and nicely hanging to the side of his face.

Serena wanted to run her hands through his hair.

He grinned at her. "Wow!"

Serena blushed for the second time. "Thank you."

"I mean wow, you look so… beautiful couldn't even describe it."

Darien rolled his eyes. "Nice to see you again," he said coldly.

Rubeus shook his hand, then turned to shake Andrew's.

"Rubeus," he introduced himself.

"Andrew, Serena's older brother," he said in his menacing voice.

Rubeus nodded. "I know that warning, I did that when my sister had dates pick her up."

"Good, so I don't have to give you all the details of consequences."

"I'm sure they're the same as my standards. Yours are probably more imaginative, because Serena is definitely more prettier then my sister."

"Understanding is clear then?"

Rubeus nodded in response.

Andrew hugged Serena. "Darien and I are going to hang out with a few people. We have our cells."

Sure, see you later," she said, kissing his cheek.

She went over to Darien, and kissed his cheek, like she always did. "Bye, have fun."

More like hello! His mind laughed.

Darien refused to answer that.

Rubeus followed after Serena after he grabbed her jacket while she put her cell phone into her purse.

Serena's eyes widened at the car in front of her.

"I take it you like it," he grinned.

"That's-that's a Shelby GT 500."

"I built it from the frame up with my dad."

"Wow!"

"Compared to you, it's nothing. You're way more stunning then anything I've ever seen."

Her cheeks darkened with a flush.

Rubeus opened the door for her, and she slid onto the leather seat, then quickly checked her reflection. He slid into the seat beside her.

"So, where are we going?"

He grinned, "it's a surprise."

"He was actually okay," Andrew stated as he made his way to the window.

Darien shrugged.

"Holy crap!" Andrew exclaimed.

"What?"

"Come and check this out," Andrew stated.

Darien got up from the couch and joined him by the window. His jaw dropped open. "That's the guy's car?"

Andrew stood with disbelief while Darien felt shock numb his limbs. He knew that deep down Serena didn't care about material things. She'd be impressed, but it's not the face value that attracts her.

Meanwhile Serena had her eyes closed at Rubeus's request. "Are we almost there?" she asked sweetly.

"Almost," he laughed.

Shortly later he cut the engine, and leaned across the seat beside Serena. "Okay, open your eyes," he whispered in her ear.

Slowly she opened her eyes, and gave him a warm smile, then gasped.

They were parked before the Silver Tower, the most prestigious place in Tokyo. "Oh my god!"

He grinned, "glad you like it. Now come on, let's eat."

Soon they were in the building, riding on the elevator to the top floor to the revolving restaurant at the top.

Serena was taken back by how beautiful the restaurant was when she entered. The waiter seated them by the window once Rubeus stated he had reservations.

Rubeus gave her a warm smile when they were seated.

"You look absolutely beautiful." A faint blush crept over her cheeks. "I mean it, I don't think I've seen such beauty."

She smiled. "I think you're buttering me up."

He shrugged. "Anything to get in your good favors."

She laughed. "Wow."

Rubeus stood, "I'll be back," he winked.

She smiled. "I'll order a drink for you," she grinned.

He nodded, then disappeared from sight. A waiter came shortly later. "What can I get for you milady," he said with an arch smile.

"I'll be having a Bellini and he'll be having a martini."

The guy's face dropped slightly with disappointment. He took her order, then left, bumping into Rubeus. "Sorry Sir."

He nodded then took his seat across from Serena. "So doll, tell me about yourself."

She shrugged with a wide smile. "There's not much to say, I just finished school today, and I'll most likely be taking a job at either Cross Roads elementary or High, I'm just not sure yet. I have to see which school needs me."

Rubeus nodded. "Sounds nice."

"What about you?"

"I well, I have a networking business."

Serena looked at him curiously.

"I've created a certain network production to be done from a certain port."

"So, you work with computers," Serena grinned.

He nodded. Her smile made his blood heat up within his veins, and made it difficult for him to breathe.

"I'm okay with computers, but I do know my history and English."

He grinned. "If I had someone who looked like you teaching me English, I would have gone."

Serena laughed. "They just give me the job for that reason. The drop-out rate has increased over the years."

"Well, then," he said lifting his glass, "cheers."

She lifted her glass, and clinked it with him. "Cheers." She took a sip then smiled. "So, tell me about you."

"There's not much to tell. I have a sister and have a brother that lives across the continent. Now you gorgeous."

She shrugged. "Andrew's the only sibling I have. Then I've had Darien in my life for… god it's been forever." She smiled lightly. "I have my few friends, Molly, Ami and Mina, my cousin, whom I'm very close to like Molly, except she lives in London. She made it big in acting and modeling."

"Is Darien both you and Andrew's friend?"

Serena nodded. "Yeah, but originally he was Drew's friend, and over the years the three of us grew closer, because we were always hanging out with each other."

Rubeus stored everything she said in his memories. They continued talking to each other about their lives while they ate their food.

After they ate, Serena glanced at the dance floor longingly. Rubeus smiled. "Care to dance?" she nodded, and took his offered hand.

They walked out onto the dance floor. She fit perfectly into his arms, and she melted against him to dance. She felt as though she were in heaven. Everything was forgotten; her desperate longing for Darien, her final results and the upcoming job decision. It was all gone in the haze of the twirling of the dancing.

Rubeus fell under her spell from that point on. He grabbed her hand when they were leaving the restaurant; he didn't want to let go of her.

Their fingers were intertwined the whole ride back to her place, and when he walked her to her door. He stared into her deep blue eyes, mesmerized.

Serena felt giddy. She stood at the door, holding his hand, staring into his eyes.

"I had a good time," he whispered.

She nodded. "I did too."

"Serena."

The name sounded like a kiss. He stroked her cheek, and brushed over her lips with his thumb. Then, within seconds, it became a kiss.

* I know, a lot of people are wondering about Serena and Darien, like I mentioned the last time, I've got a few things hidden up my sleeve. So let me know what you think. I, thank you all for the reviews I've got, they're encouraging.

So, I hope you have patience, because like I said it's going to be interesting for the next few parts will Darien get more troubled by his deep thoughts? Will Serena forget all about the feelings she had for Darien? … Oh the possibilities! *