Saint Seiya Fan Fiction ❯ Voyager in a Storm ❯ Chapter Three ( Chapter 3 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Voyager in a Storm - Chapter 3

The'li was sitting on her flying carpet, her beautiful long golden hair, that shone like gold in the sunshine, flowing behind her like a golden waterfall. Mime, who was sitting half beside her, was watching her admiringly while playing his harp softly and trying to refrain from giggling out loud. The reason for his amusement was sitting next to him, right after The'li. He was looking quite sulkingly, since he had to actually mount on the carpet, but now he was also trying to keep his dignity. The'li's hair kept on blowing in his face, and tickling his nose, which made him constantly feel the urge to sneeze. He didn't want to though, because it would give The'li another reason to talk to him, and he didn't want that.

Yes, Alberich did after all mount the carpet, even if it took The'li a huge amount of her power of persuasion to make him do so. During their trip however he had kept on sulking, and refused to say a word to The'li, even if she tried to start the conversation. She had given up on trying to talk to him for the time being, and had concentrated on the feeling of flying through the blue skies again. Alberich still didn't understand "why" on earth he had agreed to come along on this monstrosity. The carpet was a fluffy pink one, with a pattern of forget-me-nots bordured on them, and with a light blue edge on it. He shuddered at the thought of Syd and Bud starting to giggle over the fact that his hair matched the carpet so well, and that he ended up being just the perfect choice to accompany The'li. The'li, who had seen that Alberich couldn't laugh, had defended him by saying that his hair was nothing like the fluffiness of the carpet, it was indeed a much manlier pink. She had thought it would make him feel better, but he had just puffed, and had walked away.

"Atchou!!!!!!"

The'li hurriedly turned and watched Alberich brush another strand of hair out of his face. She took her hair in her arms and apologetically said

"Oh!!!! Alberich!!!! I am soooo sorry, I had no idea you had troubles with my hair, you should have told me !!!!!! Oh, and God bless!!!!!!"

Alberich snored

"Hm, what God, that's what I wonder."

The'li tilted her beautiful head to the side and gave him a questioning look

"What do you mean?"

"I was just wondering which God you served. Us God Warriors have Odin, the Saints have their Athena, but who do you serve?"

The'li chuckled, her laugh was pure as silver bells. Then she winked at him and mysteriously said

"You'll see, Alberich, you'll see. And maybe you will turn out to serve a different God as well."

Alberich wanted to object, but before he could say another word, Mime interrupted their conversation by shouting and pointing in the distance.

"I think we're almost there, doesn't that look like Sanctuary?"

The'li turned around, excitement showing on her beautiful ivory face. She clasped her hands together and sighed

"Yes!!! we're finally there!!!"

"STOP!!!!!!"

When this was shouted out, The'li gave a mental order to the carpet, which was actually like a living being, and which stopped. She again turned to Alberich, surprise on her face and in her shiny sea-blue eyes.

"What's wrong Alberich? Why do you want us to stop? We're almost there!"

"I'm sorry Theli, but I refuse to arrive at Sanctuary, who are our former enemies, on this pink . monstrosity."

The'li gasped unbelievingly. He had called her baby a monstrosity. And for the first time since they had met her, she looked reprimandingly at Alberich and Mime and shook her finger in front of their noses.

"Now let me tell you something, this carpet has brought me a wonderful childhood, and I will not, do you hear me, NOT allow you to make fun of it!!!!"

She looked at them, waiting for any objection, but they were so under the impression by the shock that was clearly to be seen on her face, and the fact that she seemed genuinely hurt, that they just shook their heads, thinking of something they could say to make her feel better. But she already smiled again

"Come to think of it, I think I do understand that for you men it might be a bit . awkward to arrive in pink, so let's go down, and walk the last bit. It's not far anymore anyway."

She let the carpet descend and they dismounted. She gave her pink horror a little pat and sent it off back in the sky, where it was to wait for any further orders. She watched it fly away, and suddenly she was overcome by old memories. Memories of flights on that same carpet, with her beloved one, where they shared their forget-me-nots, which afterwards were broidered on her carpet by her daddy, who was the only one who could approach the carpet without it trying to throw him off, like a wild stallion tries with anyone he doesn't know. She sighed at those memories, oh, those happy days of her childhood, when all was peaceful and where she didn't have a worry in the world. She was loved by everyone, and she had the boy which was the cutest and best one around, and all the other girls envied her for this. She shook her head to chase away the memories, then turned to her two companions, and smiled a bright smile.

"Let's go!!!"

"Euh, Theli, wait, please."

That was Alberich, in a shy voice. He hesitated, after which Mime gave him a nudge, and he looked back angrily at Mime.

"Well, I want to apologize for saying that about your carpet. I didn't really mean it, you see, I thought it was a great means of transportation, the only thing, well, the colour. I have this thing with pink, and the fact that it's my hair colour, doesn't improve things. I didn't mean to upset you! You have to believe me!!!"

Alberich hated sounding this pathetic, but even though he did, he simply couldn't help himself. She had this special power over him, which he didn't understand. It was just there. And Mime realized it too, and clearly took advantage of it. Alberich made a mental note of it and would make sure that he would pay for it.

In the meantime The'li gave them both a dashing smile, her white teeth flickering between her beautifully curved lips. She caressed Alberich's cheek and softly said

"No need to apologize, I'm not offended. And come to think of it, it perhaps wasn't very thoughtful of me to force you both on my baby."

She looked at them with soft shining eyes, almost black with golden dots in them. It made Mime think of a starlit sky, such beauty and such purity in them. He shook his head to break the spell she kept on putting him under.

"Maybe we'd better get going, it seems to me you still have quite some work ahead with all them dead Saints and stuff, no?"

It was as if The'li was ripped out of a spell, and she nodded to Mime.

"You're absolutely right Mime, let's go."

The'li started walking, and Mime and Alberich both followed her, watching the movement of her beautiful hips. She was dressed in long silk blue trousers, and a short white top, which made the curves of her beautiful body come out nicely. The white top also contrasted nicely with the golden teint of her skin, and made it look as if she was actually glowing in the sun.

She crossed the barrier that surrounded Sanctuary, but then stopped in her tracks when she heard two thumps behind her, some cries of anger and hurt, and further inaudible mumbling. She turned to see Alberich and Mime both rubbing their noses and some other bodyparts and suddenly realized what must have happened.

"Oh, I hadn't thought of that, the barrier around Sanctuary is keeping the both of you from entering. I don't have that problems since I'm universal and Sanctuary doesn't treat me as an enemy, but I never pondered on the fact that it might try to keep you out. Wait, give me both your hand."

She stretched her hands through the barrier and Mime and Alberich both took one, after which she pulled them both through, in a swift movement. It made them feel slightly nauseous, but they tried not to let it show to her. They wouldn't be true men if they couldn't overcome a little sickness. And moreover, she didn't seem to have those troubles, or else she didn't let it show, so neither would they.

When they arrived at the first Temple, Aries, Mime and Alberich looked so amazed that The'li started to giggle. Even though the Temple was smashed and torn to pieces, as if a giant had walked through it, it still was some sight to see for the God Warriors, who were used to the cold Asgardian buildings, not this warm architecture.

"Wonderful, isn't it?"

Both men just nodded, still unable to speak due to their amazement. The'li giggled again.

"But let's see what you think once it's restored in its original splendor."

She raised her beautifully manicured hands, and her voice pronounced angelical sounds, which sounded as if it were the songs that were sung in heaven. Slowly, her aura filled the whole of Sanctuary, and Mime and Alberich smelled the roses that were so typical of her when she used her powers to a maximum. Smoke filled the air around her, and she closed her eyes. The smoke became thicker until it was almost black and the two men could hardly distinguish her in it.

Slowly, the Temple started rebuilding itself, which caused Mime to be lifted in the air by a piece of rock he was standing on, and when he fell off, it gave a little thump, but luckily The'li was still concentrated enough so all of Sanctuary was completely regenerated after a matter of minutes.

When The'li lowered her arms, the smoke slowly dissolved itself, although the smell of roses lingered. The'li fell on her knees, apparently exhausted from the miracle she just performed. She looked tired but satisfied, and when a soft chanting started, she raised her head, her eyes glimmering from unshed tears, and she whispered

"Listen!!!"

Alberich and Mime tilted their heads in order to listen more carefully, and they also heard the sounds. It was as if a choir of angels was singing, and a golden cosmo enveloped the whole of Sanctuary. It wasn't The'li's cosmo this time, but that of all the golden cloths, who were happy to be back on earth, and have their respectful owners alive with them. And as if to thank The'li, they came to welcome her by enveloping her too, especially her, in a warm golden cocoon, which made her recover all of her powers and made the exhaustion go away.

After a moment she got up and smiled and whispered into thin air

"Thank you my friends."

She turned to Alberich and Mime.

"I don't think the Gold Saints will do you any harm, since you never confronted any of them directly, a good thing I didn't ask Bud and Syd to come along. But of course when you will meet up with the Bronze Saints, they all have their reasons to be against either of you, so just keep quietly behind me and I'll do the talking, ok? We are here to get along, to fight the common enemy together, not to start quarreling amongst us."

Alberich and Mime shook their heads all the more fervently in order to assure her that was not their intention either. She nodded, satisfied, and then started walking in the direction of the first Temple. At the entrance, they were greeted by Mu and Kiki, who couldn't seem to get over the fact of having his master back again, alive and well, and by his side. He kept on looking him up and down, as if he was a ghost. When The'li slowly walked closer, Kiki pointed at her and shouted

"It was her, Master, it was her who made you come back, I felt the cosmo!!!"

Mu watched her quietly for a moment, then opened his arms in a big embrace.

"My child. Thank you for bringing us back. You have no idea how happy I am to finally get out of Hades, such an unholy dark place, with no sun to shine on my magnificent hair, that was getting all dry and ..."

Holding her tight, Mu sobbed for a moment, then got a grip on himself and held her at arm's length. He seemed to realize all of a sudden that he didn't really know this girl, so let go of her, blushing. She was absolutely gorgeous, and Mu had never been much in contact with girls, apart from Athena, who was a goddess so deserved all his platonic respect, but this girl... Well, all he could think was something in the lines of "Wow, droooooooool."

But his thoughts didn't show in his face, if it wasn't for a tiny drop of saliva hanging in the corner of his mouth. He licked it away in a suggestive manner, and addressed her with a voice that was heavy from hidden emotions.

"So, tell me dear, who are you and what are you doing here?" His eyes were finally wandering in the direction of the two God Warriors who were staying humbly behind her, as they had promised. "And who are these two ... God Warriors?"

His attitude became a bit less friendly, and he took a defensive position. The'li softly chuckled and bowed before him.

"I am The'li C'liffo'th Vril-Ya, and I have a very important message to deliver to Athena. And the reviving of her warriors had to do with that as well."

Mu rubbed his chin pensively for a while, then seemed to reach a decision. He turned around and walked back to his temple, gesturing them to follow him.

"I believe that even though you revived us, your path towards Athena won't be of the easiest ones. So I suggest you put on your cloth, and since I'm afraid you'll have to fight your way through, Kiki will inspect it and I'll repair it. The same goes for ... your God Warriors." He seemed to reach another decision. "What's up with them following you anyway, I believed they were at Hilda's service."

Mime and Alberich, for once agreeing on something, gave eachother a meaningful glance, but still didn't say anything, since they had promised The'li, and one doesn't break a promise to The'li just like that.

The'li chuckled again, and Mu closed his eyes in delight, thinking he heard the sound of heavenly bells tingling. He shook his head, he really had to get a grip on himself, if he wanted to go through with his work, and if he wanted to repair The'li's and the God Warriors' cloths.

The'li spread her hands, posing and softly said "This is my cloth. It has been fabricated by the finest craftsmen of my homeland, as to make it look like normal clothes, but it's in fact of the strongest fabric you can imagine. They had to look all over the world to find the substances that created this cloth. The breath of a unicorn baby was retrieved from the lands to the Far East of the Forgotten Continent, tears of the Phoenix have been found in the Volcano that rests at the Top of Mystery Island, and Elven Wisdom has been provided by the Elves of the Undersea lands of Quintopia. Then was added a touch of motherly love and a few petals of the same Forget-me-not flowers I have on my flying carpet. It is as strong as any metal!!!!" She made a pirouette, which made her long curly hair flow around her like a waterfall and joyfully laughed "Doesn't it look absolutely marvelous!!!"

The three men and Kiki were staring at her with open mouths. Like this, laughing and joyful, she made an incredible impression on the men. She was definitely the most beautiful woman they had ever seen! They just stood there for a while, staring, until she got a bit embarrassed by that fact and blushed cutely. She put her hands on her cheeks.

"See what you're doing, now you're making me blush!!!"

Mu was shook out of his lethargy, and hurriedly said "Oh, I'm sorry, but it's true as you said, you look marvelous!" He smiled as reassuringly as he could, and signaled Kiki to proceed with the inspecting of the God Warriors cloths, and The'li's ... clothes. He simply couldn't consider her clothes as anything else than ... sparse clothes...

Kiki nodded and went on to inspect the God Warriors' cloths, after which he sadly shook his head to his master. Mu then pointed at The'li, but Kiki hesitated. The bloody Saint Seiya series had been stopped for years and years, which made him stuck in the body of a kid, but that didn't mean he didn't have desires like anyone. But he still approached her, blushed cutely and smiled, while inspecting her cloth, clothes, whatever. But he indeed discovered a material, that was so perfect, and in such good state, that it almost blinded his eyes.

"No need to repair it Master, it's in perfect state."

He couldn't help but wonder what The'li was wearing underneath, and what she would have done if she had to take off her cloth...

"Very well, then I will only darn the God Warriors cloths. In the meantime, you can wait nearby, and I'll call you when I'm ready."

Mime and Alberich were somewhat reluctant to take off their cloths, but as The'li nodded, they did so anyway. They left both in the care of Mu and Kiki and went for a walk.

Mu was admiring the beautiful craftswork of the people who had made the God Warriors Cloths, or had it been Dwarves... In the meantime, his thoughts wandered and suddenly arrived at The'li. He softly hummed, and without even realizing, started singing, without seeing the surprise on Kiki's face.

"Erotic fantasies: Aphrodite of cnide and Aries

As mystic as a glimmer at the bottom of a lake

Sensuality of your figure, of your white body

White dove or dark crow?

The temptations of these acts change the being, from the beast to...

To the lamb

But if you touch her, she will cut your veins and dive her hand

Deep down in your soul to spread it over your face

Sweet Venus, in power of an immense veil beyond the borders of

Death, seduces men with her charm and elegance

Pleasure of lust, she is also the sweetness of the flower blinding the

Insect that comes to take her nectar

O the pleasure is so sweet in Aphrodite's thorns, but if you touch

Her... she will cut your veins"

Once finished, Mu looked up, realizing four people were looking at him in awe, and all of a sudden it dawned on him that he had been singing out loud, and he went all red in the face. He covered his red cheeks with his hands, and ran inside the Temple, where they heard a door being slammed shut. For a moment the silence was awkward, but then Kiki took advantage of the opportunity of being able to explain about the Seventh Sense, but before he could properly grasp it, the God Warriors had adorned their cloths and after a quick "Thank you!", all three visitors ran through the temple, leaving Kiki alone.

They ran up the stairs that led to the second Temple, The'li first, while Alberich and Mime were running behind her, admiring the fluent movements of her agile body as she was running. She was truly a fine specimen of womankind. Her long hair was waving in the wind behind her, like a golden waterfall, almost blinding both men as it shone in the sun.

When arrived at Taurus, the stopped in front of the Temple and scanned it with their Cosmos. Alberich and Mime didn't notice anything at first scan, so they went right ahead, and ran in, not noticing The'li had stayed behind. She thought "such a soft and gentle cosmo!" before realizing that her companions had gone ahead. Before she could shout them a warning, she heard two cries of anger, as they bumped into the huge figure of Aldebaran. They both looked up at him, surprised to see Thor wasn't the only giant around.

Albebaran made a step forward, still a bit disoriented from being ressuscitated, but he still boomed "State your business here?". When The'li stepped into the Temple, the darkness retreated, to leave a Temple full of light and sun! Aldebaran looked at her, mouth open, and couldn't say another word for a while. At that moment he received a mental message from Mu, who was addressing all Saints that had been revived, in order to explain the situation to them. When the message was over, Aldebaran smiled at her.

"I will let you pass like that, but the other two will have to earn their passage through."

Alberich and Mime felt really offended by this, both shouting in unison "WHAT?!?!?!" They were ready to attack, but The'li extended her hand towards them, making them freeze in their tracks. She could clearly feel their anger, some of which now was directed to herself, but she did not show any sign of knowing. She addressed Aldebaran in a sweet but determined voice.

"We all go through, or none of us go, it's up to you Taurus Aldebaran."

She knew him, she knew his heart, she had met him when she was a child, and she had loved him so much, she still did. But she didn't want to tell him who she really was, she needed this to happen fairly, and as much as she figured, Mu didn't reveal her name either.

"OK, then, give it your best shot girl."

Aldebaran folded his arms in front of his chest, and stood there, waiting for them. The'li gestured her warriors to stand back, and took position facing him. She smiled amiably, which disturbed him a bit, and made him lower his guard. So when she ran towards him, he reacted in a fraction of a second slower than he was used to and The'li jumped in the air, avoiding his counterattack, and with a swift movement of the hand cutting off the other horn from his helmet.

Aldebaran stayed silent for a moment, still a bit baffled by what happened, but the next moment he burst out in joyful laughter.

"Good one girl!!!!"

The'li smiled at him, then couldn't stop herself and went to hug the man, who just stood there, embarrassed and not knowing what to do. He held out his hands, not daring to touch her. She whispered

"It's great to see you uncle Aldy."

She stepped back, gave him a huge smile, gestured her warriors and ran outside with them. Aldebaran was staring into thin air.

"Uncle Aldy??"

Only one person in the world had ever called him like that, and slowly realization dawned on him. He turned and called after her.

"It's great to see you too my little Theli!!!!!"

His first impulse was to shout the news to everyone who knew her, but then, she didn't say anything to him either right away, and he knew her well enough to know that if she acted like this, she had a reason for it. She didn't want anyone to know, to treat her differently. As if anyone could treat the wonderful girl she had become normally, he thought with a mischievous smile on his face.

He touched his head, hornless now, and chuckled. She definitely hadn't changed much, and someone would get a surprise when seeing here! Yes, the spectacle promised to be promising!