Saint Seiya Fan Fiction ❯ Voyager in a Storm ❯ Chapter Two ( Chapter 2 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Chapter two

As the sun set in the evening, everyone went back inside, and retired to their rooms. The'li was overly happy with the things that happened today, she had finally met her wonderful cousins, she had reconciled Bud and Syd, Hagen and Freya, and had given Thor back his confidence in himself. She went to bed with a joyful smile on her face, and fell asleep peacefully, contrary at the past nights, in which she had been plagued by horrible nightmares.

The'li was woken up in the middle of the night by a sound in her room. She didn't panick right away, since she felt safe in the castle, but when she noticed a dark shadow and someone put a hand over her mouth, she did panick after all. She tried to scream, but the hand prevented her from it, and then a heavy body came to lay upon her. She struggled to get loose, and when it didn't work right away, she ignited her cosmo and made it flare. The rainbow light filled every dark corner in her room, and made her recognize the figure on top of her as Siegfried. When this happened, she immediately was quiet, and Siegfried opened wide his eyes, and hurried to get off of her.

"Oh my God, Theli!!!! I'm sorry, I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to..."

He broke his sentence there, started crying and then ran out of the room. When he opened the door and ran out, at the same time Hilda appeared. She seemed rather shocked to see her beloved come out of the room of her cousin, while this one was only dressed in a very transparant neglige, but she didn't ask, nor make reproaches.

The'li however felt the need to explain the situation to Hilda, but also to try to apologize Siegfried's behaviour.

"Hilda! Siegfried was... Well, he tried... Oh dear!!!"

She slumped on the bed, throwing her long golden curly hair back over her shoulder, where it lay still in a disorderly way, but still shiny as gold. Hilda came to sit next to her, and put an arm around her shoulder.

"It's perfectly natural Theli darling, that Siegfried came to take a liking to you. He was probably just too shy to tell you about it, and wanted to show it in a very clumsy way."

The'li nodded.

"I know, and I don't blame him anything of course. I know he never would have hurt me in the end... Maybe I'd better go and find him and talk to him. Clear things out and explain to him that he loves you. Because that's what this is, a mere infatuation, like with Hagen."

Hilda's look didn't clear up after this statement from The'li. After all, she had known Siegfried her whole life, and even though both Hagen and Freya were subdue to infatuations like The'li called them, nor she, nor Siegfried were. She doubted if this wasn't serious for him. But if anyone could convince him, it was her cousin, so she nodded.

"Maybe you're right. I'll show you where he usually goes when he has problems or something to think about."

The two women walked quietly through the dark castle, to a part where not many people ever came. When they reached the hide-out of Siegfried, they both stopped in their tracks, shocked beyond anything. A single cry filled the castle and Hilda fainted in The'li's arms.

Only moments later all the God Warriors had joined the two women, to discover the reason for Hilda's cry. Siegfried had killed himself. He had not been able to live on with the unanswered love of The'li, and even more, with the fact of almost haven done a terrible thing to her, and he only had seen one way out of the situation. Suicide was actually seen as the honourable thing to do in his part of the country. When everyone heard what happened, they also didn't reproach Siegfried anything, nor did they The'li, and they honoured Siegfried. Nobody noticed the strange light in Mime's eyes when he looked at Siegfried and then watched The'li walk back with Hilda by her side.

Hilda was put back to bed with calming medicins, and Freya stayed by her side. Hagen asked The'li if she needed anyone to watch over her, but she declined. She wanted to be alone. She was really sad at that time, contrary to what she had felt earlier that evening. How things could turn wrong in just a mere few hours, it was simply horrible. If this was a trick fate was playing on her, she could not laugh at it.

The next morning everything seemed to be dark, the sun was hiding behind the clouds and everyone in the Castle was in a silent and sad mood. Bud and Syd stayed close together, as if they were relieved to still have eachother after the terrible loss that happened that night. Hilda did not come out of her room to eat so The'li decided to go see her after lunch. When she was outside of her room, she heard a soft voice singing. She recognized it as her cousin's and she stayed outside to listen.

Knew the signs
Wasn't right
I was stupid for a while
Swept away by you
And now I feel like a fool

So confused, my heart's bruised
Was I ever loved by you

Out of reach, so far
I never had your heart
Out of reach, couldn't see
We were never meant to be

Catch myself from despair
I could drown if I stay here
Keeping busy every day
I know I will be OK

But I was
So confused, my heart's bruised
Was I ever loved by you

Out of reach, so far
I never had your heart
Out of reach, couldn't see
We were never meant to be

So much hurt, so much pain
Takes a while to regain what is lost inside
And I hope that in time, you'll be out of my mind
And I'll be over you

But now I'm
So confused, my heart's bruised
Was I ever loved by you

Out of reach, so far
I never had your heart
Out of reach, couldn't see
We were never meant to be

Out of reach, so far
I never had your heart
In my reach, I can see
There's a life out there for me

The'li was crying silent tears by the time Hilda had finished her song, and when she opened the door and came outside, they silently looked at eachother. Hilda saw the tears in her cousin's eyes, so she smiled and took The'li in her arms. She whispered

"I have to continue with my life, there is still so much to live for. And this night it came to me that Siegfried's love had always been the love of a warrior for his queen, so I decided I won't cry for him anymore. I have to go on, I have to concentrate on my task, and I have to make the life of the other warriors a better one. And of course there's that mention of a new enemy you said yesterday. You need to tell me more, let's go to the throne room. And whipe your tears away my darling, I'll be fine."

The'li and Hilda smiled at eachother and walk arm in arm to the throne room, where they met up with the rest of the God Warriors and Freya, who were in mourning over Siegfried's death. Hilda decided to address them.

"Listen to me everyone, please. What Siegfried has done is just horrible, and it's so sad for us, who had come to depend on him so much. But remember that Theli here" she smiled at her beloved cousin "has told us about a grave danger, so maybe we should let her explain what is about to happen. And in the meantime, I'd like to name a new commander of the God Warriors, please Hagen, accept this honour!"

Hagen confusedly blinked. He wasn't waiting for such an honour to fall upon him.

"Who, me?! Nono, I'm not worthy for this kind of honour, besides, I'm the Beta warrior, and Siegfried's star is Alpha Dubhe, so no, I cannot accept it!"

Freya, who already saw her significant other as the leader of God Warriors, sulkily pouted and whined

"Why are you saying so Hagen, of course you are fit for this, think of the great responsibility..."

"That's exactly what I think," Hagen cut her off, "I won't manage to pull off such a responsibility. Hey, I've got a better idea! Why not appoint Theli as our new Alpha! She has everything for that!"

The other God Warriors eagerly nodded like an exhibition of Chinese statuettes. The'li blushed and looked at Hagen coyly from behind long, black, curled eyelashes. Hagen blushed back.

"Well I must say since I'm attuned to every star and constellation in this, and also some other universes, I can indeed become the Alpha warrior, but you must remember I still have a whole world to save, so I cannot fully devote myself to Asgard, no matter how much I love my motherland and my cousins and all the people in it. Lets do this then, if you don't mind: I will be a temporary Alpha, and when there appears a new one, I will honorably and willingly pass this honorable position to the one who surpasses me!"

Bud fervently denied

"But then it's impossible! Who ever can surpass you?!"

The'li smiled prettily if a tad ominously

"Don't be so sure, my dear Bud. There are forces in this universe that you cannot even imagine their power! And all our destinies are foreordained, not to mention I will not live forever..."

Saying this, a shadow of dark prophecy rippled her astounding facial features, and all the God Warriors plus Hilda and Freya felt themselves deeply affected, like the dark cloud suddenly swallowed sun and mirth. The'li saw the effect her words cast on her beloved friends, and decided it was not fair to plague them with dark thinking before the time for it has come. Then she smiled brightly and exclaimed, twirling a silken curl between her thumb and index finger

"But why think thoughts so morbid!!! Let us better speak about our everybody's new archenemy, the one who's threat to this world surpasses The one inflicted by Hades, Poseidon, Abel, Eris and Ares piled up! And who is determined to destroy our world just because he can't think what else to do with it!"

"Yes yes, we are awfully curious to know about it," the God Warriors chorused.

The'li waved her dainty long-fingered hand in the air and chanted some incantation of divine beauty that was also dark and sinister sounding. Suddenly in the middle of the room there appeared an enormous hologram depicting a creature ugly as Armageddon. The creature twisted its face in a feral grimace, opened his mouth and sounds of sinister cackling filled the room!

"UAAAAAAAA!!!!" screeched Freya and attempted to hide behind Hagen, who tried at the same time to hide behind Thor, who was shivering and trying to hide behind Alberich, but without much success, because Alberich was really short and Thor was really tall. Even Alberich, who in fact was used to the view of suchlike atrocities, having an exhibition of amethyst with corpse fillings, cowered in fear, but bravely tried not to show that.

"Wh..wh...who is...is...that?" Hilda helplessly whispered.

The'li embraced her in a hug that was soft and warm and at the same time strong enough to indicate that she is able to protect her beloved cousin from anything and everything, and courageously said

"Please don't be afraid, my noble friends, it's just an image who cannot escape the walls of my powerful spell and cannot do any harm to you, unless I wish so. But this is the image of exactly that demon fiend, our enemy that I was referring to. His name is Borkrkash the Slobberer, and he is an extremely powerful wizzard!!! More than that, he is an orc, please note his green skin, rotten teeth and pointy ears, and even more than that - he is a vampire!!!"

Alberich felt relaxed when he was said the image was entrapped between The'li's spell's unbreakable magic. He even stepped closer and remarked

"Why, but he looks exactly like my cousin Butch Miller, soon before he passed away from syphilis."

"But it may be that he IS partially your cousin, Alberich!" The'li exlaimed, because this evil vampire sucks out not only human blood, but soul too! It is very probably he sucked out your cousin!!!"

"But as I said, he died from this disease...." Alberich meekly protested, giving in to The'li's words after all, so convincing she sounded.

"He can bring diseases upon people too!" The'li cried "He is so powerful that no sinister force in the Universe can outcome him! A long time ago he dispossessed the Goddess Kali from her magickal necklase and from there his power started to grow with horrible speed! Further better, when other gods lost to Athena, he consumed their powers too! He's got Eri's apple, Abel's lyre and Hades's sword!!!"

Everybody awfully awed at The'li's words, and she heatedly continued

"More than that, he is connected to Asgard now too! The Ring was not destroyed!!!"

"What?!!!" Hilda weakly gasped.

The'li gloomily nodded

"Yes, that's right! Athena's saints thought they destroyed the Ring, but really it was transferred to another dimension where Borkrkash the Slobberer reigns with an iron fist of terror and disease! And now he has a nearly full set of magickal items, so all he needs to become into ultimate Power is Athena's Nike!"

Bud clapped his eyelids as he repeated dumbly

"Athena's what?"

"Nike!!! It's that statue she holds in her hand, her symbol of victory! It makes her ever-victorious! Now think what will happen if Borkrkash the Slobberer will attain it!"

The'li said and extended her hands, closing her eyes, frowning her arrow straight eyebrows. Golden shimmering flickered on her palm, and suddenly there was a winged figurine on it.

"That's what Athena's Nike looks. Or," The'li faltered, her moist eyes bearing into infinite distance that only she could see through, and a curtain of secrets closed her pure eyes from the God Warriors "Or...almost like that...you see, I..."

But she never finished to explain, because suddenly the horrible figure in the center of the room turned and stabbed his penetrating gaze into The'li.

And there was a voice!! A dark and gloomy voice like booming steps of doom echoing through gravestones of a midnight abandoned cemetery!

"MUHAHAHAHAHAAAA, I finally found you The'li!!! Now you will not escape my power over you!!! Come to me, we are meant for each other and will rule this world together!!!"

The voice was so horrible and evil that the ceiling shook over their heads and lumps of plaster fell down, one knocking Syd unconscious, but nobody noticed that, so terrified they were, except The'li who bravely stepped forward and outstretched her arms like protecting all those people she cared of!

She cried passionately

"Never, Borkrkash the Slobberer! I will NEVER be yours, hear that?! Don't even dream about that, we have nothing to share! I will not join your reign of death, why should I want to rule over the debris and waste you are going to inflict upon Earth anyway?!!"

The evil hologram sneered widely and evilly

"But you are so wrong my dear destined beloved! Come to me and I shall show you how powerful you can become at my side!"

He waved the black staff he held in his wart-covered hand, and in front of the awestruck God Warriors The'li suddenly changed! She grew taller and darker, wings as dark as the darkest night sprouted from her slender shoulders, her eyes were two wells of unfathomable darkness, and her hair...it turned into snakes, that hissed and slithered around! But despite of the creepy transformation, even now The'li looked strikingly beautiful, if a bit unusual.

The apparition laughed even louder and more evilly, then he too outstretched his hands, and his slimy cape billowed behind him like the ragged wings of a bat out of Hell. He gritted his teeth and started to sing a horrible incantation, poison and saliva dripping from his yellow decay-touched fangs. His song was so ominous and chaotic that Marilyn Manson himself would have hung himself from jealousy

Ludul bel nimeqi ea Naramtu dianau Apsu
La tapallah puluthu Utukke lemnuti Apkallu

Subigo inimicus
Daurh-eke, Nelogo-cya, Naathogot!

Everyone but The'li covered their ears in disgust.

But of course The'li was not scared! She determinantly approached the evil image and started to sing her own angelical song

Cursum perficio.
Verbum sapienti:
quo plus habent,
eo plus cupiunt.
Post nubila, Phoebus
Iternum!

The evil wizzard twitched, choked on his evil song and covered in torture that the purity of The'li's voice and the power of her spell cast on him. The battle stretched for long, but The'li did not surrender even a small bit, and finally Borkrkash the Slobberer cringed and flinched back, admitting his defeat. He vanished away, croaking the final words

"We will meet again The'li! Now that I know you are here! WAAAARGH!!!!"

As soon as it was over, The'li swayed, regained her usual looks back, sobbed and if not Bud's tender supporting hands, she would certainly have fallen to the ground.

"Oh woe is me!!!" she sobbed, as Bud gently carressed her glossy golden mane, slightly cautious in case there was a remained snake lurking within, and wished this moment would last forever, "It's all my fault!!! He saw us, and now he will be after us! What have I done!!!"

Hilda tenderly said

"Nono, my dear Theli, of course it's not your fault! You only wanted to warn us against this awesome plague, and you did a great job, now we are warned and will be prepared!"

The'li, at these soothing words, sadly smiled and wiped away her crystal clear tears, leaning in Bud's arms langurously

"Don't be nice to me, my dearest cousin, I'm not worthy of your kindness. I know what I have done, and now my task is to remedy that! I must warn Athena that Borkrkash the Slobberer soon will be after her!"

She drew herself straight, to much of Bud's disappoinment, and bravely announced

"I will set myself to Athena's Sanctuary! Who volunteers to come with me?"

There was a great noise when everybody started to shout simultaneously in desire to come with her, even Syd who was still a bit dizzy.

The'li gratefully smiled,

"Oh I am so touched, my friends!!! But you must think about your duty to protect Asgard. I will choose my volunteers myself then. And I choose Mime, because his harp music is a good weapon against Borkrkash's evil scheming, and Alberich!"

Dark desire glinted in Mime's glazing orange orbs, but nobody noticed it, being so very disappointed. Except Alberich of course, who felt himself on cloud nine of pride.

Hilda said

"Okay then, I suppose you'll be needing a ship to sail to Sanctuary..."

The'li shook her head, smiling, from what her hair wavered like a shower of golden fire

"Nono, please do not worry. I have my own means of travel!"

She snapped her fingers and there materialized a soft pink roll in the middle of the room. She then whistled a cheerful tune, and it enrolled, revealing a carpet. Theli laughed and clapped her hands,

"This is my flying carpet, a gift from my daddy Kanon! Hop on it boys and lets depart!"

Alberich stared at the thing with unquestionable horror

"No freaking way I am taking a ride on this atrocity! My family may notice, and I'm as good as a permanent laughing stock then!"