Saint Seiya Fan Fiction ❯ Voyager in a Storm ❯ Voyager in a Storm ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Voyager in a Storm



Chapter 1

Hilda was sitting on her bed, she felt restless and useless ever since her warriors died. She had even thought about suicide, for what meant her life without the people that protected her and cared for her. All of a sudden though, there was a flash before her eyes, and the smell of roses filled her bedroom. She looked up, and when the smoke cleared, she saw a girl standing in front of her. Now Hilda was a beautiful woman, she knew that, but she would never be able to match the beauty of this young lady. She had long golden hair that fell in curls down to her knees. It glowed with an almost inner light, making it look like pure gold. It seemed so soft that Hilda almost extended her hand to see if it indeed was. Her eyes, blue as the sky on a sunlit day, with little golden specks scattered through the blue, like sunbeams, shone with a soft inner light, and her face was pale and perfectly shaped, as ivory.

Hilda gasped. Her voice sounded weak to her own ears when she asked

"Who ... Who are you?"

When the girl spoke, her voice sounded so soft that it seemed to Hilda she heard angels singing.

"Don't fear me Hilda. Please follow me to your throne room, I will explain everything to you there, and I have a surprise for you."

At that moment Freya knocked on the door and entered the room, without waiting for her sisters affirmation. She stopped dead in her tracks when she saw the newcomer, and she immediately felt threatened by the other's beauty and the wonderful hair that fell down to her knees, which was longer and seemed softer than Freya's own. The girl smiled at Freya though, and told her to come to the throne room with her and Hilda.

When the three women arrived at the throne room, the new girl immediately took place on the throne. Freya's first intention was to tell her she was not allowed to do so, since this was the rightful place of her sister, but Hilda put a calming hand on her arm and shook her head. Freya hadn't seen how the girl appeared, hadn't smelt the roses. She was sure something important was going to happen and she didn't want to spoil it by making this angel angry.

The girl closed her eyes, and a soft glow appeared around her, which Hilda recognized as a powerful cosmo. She had never seen a cosmo like this though, since it glowed in all the colours of the rainbow, as well as golden and silver, it looked wonderful. Slowly the glow expanded until it enveloped the whole room. Hilda felt Freya shivering under her hand, and pulled her sister in a close embrace. She was sure that they were about to witness a miracle, and that there was nothing to fear. Somehow, she even thought, in the back of her mind, that she would never have to fear anything in her whole life again.

Hilda turned when she felt a concentration of the girl's cosmo behind her, instead of on the throne. She blinked her eyes when in the smoke (there was that rose smell again), several figures formed. What, they seemed so familiar, no, it wasn't possible. Hilda let go of Freya to make a step forward. She whispered, tears springing to her eyes.

"Siegfried?"

And indeed, when the smoke cleared, there they were, all of them. Siegfried, Hagen, Thor, Fenrir, Mime, Alberich, Syd and Bud. All of her God Warriors, alive. She could hardly believe it, how was this possible. But she no longer hesitated when Siegfried smiled at her, and she ran right into his arms, after which Freya ran to Hagen, who held her tight. After the first shock and the first welcoming between the lovers, and between the Priestess and her sacred Warriors, Hilda turned to the girl, who still sat on the throne, a tender smile around her beautiful, curved pink lips.

"Who are you? How did you do this?"

The girl closed her eyes for a moment, as if pondering some subject. Then she looked straight into Hilda's eyes and said

"OK, well, maybe we should make ourselves a bit more comfortable, since the story I am about to tell you is quite long."

Hilda suggested they would go to the lounge room, where they could comfortably sit on some couches conveniently put there in a half circle around the fireplace. Freya sat close to Hagen, her arm firmly tucked away under his arm, and caressing his hand from time to time. Hilda and Siegfried also sat close together, but they were a bit more discrete, and didn't touch eachother. The other Warriors all sat a bit apart, clearly not knowing what to expect from the situation, nor from the others.

"My name is The'li C'liffo'th Vril-ya, but my friends call me Theli. I come from the Land of Eusyram, where my parents rule in peace. I have come here to ask for your help in a battle that is coming, and that will need all of the Earth's Defenders joining in order to keep our planet safe."

She looked around a moment, watching them intently, to see what impact her words had on the people around her. She noticed Siegfried staring at her, at which point she softly smiled at him. His face immediately flushed and he turned away his eyes, which made The'li frown slightly. She immediately pulled herself back together though, because frowning was bad for her complexion, it would cause her wrinkles before her age. She noticed everyone was staring at her, thinking about what she had said.

"But I think I should better start this story at the beginning and that is by explaining who I am exactly. It all started when my mother was abducted by the old ruler of Eusyram, an old man who was in search for a wonderfully beautiful young woman, to satisfy his needs. She gave birth to several sons after she was taken by him, but out of fear for being overthrown by one of his sons when they grew up, he each time ripped them away from their mother's breast and abandoned them somewhere, nobody knows where, and nobody ever found trace of them again. But one day, a young man was imprisoned by his brother, in a place he called Cap Sunion. Now that prison was in fact the portal to our world, but the brother didn't know that. And so Kanon arrived in Eusyram one day. Since people are really nice and friendly and just soooo adorable, they took him in, and one day told him the story of the ruler and his young, wonderfully beautiful and sweet wife. Outraged by the injustice of everything, Kanon went to the Castle and freed the woman from her eeevil husband, chasing him out of Eusyram forever and ever, so that he never would be seen again! And that's how mommy and daddy met. She fell in love with him, and he with her, and since they are both such beautiful and wonderful persons, the people of Eusyram elected them to their Queen and King, and about a year later, I was born."

She let the words sink in. Her listeners were still trying to grasp the true meaning of all that she said, and she smiled inwardly knowing what an impact her next words would have on the people around her.

"Now, one of the reasons why I'm here is because when we learnt about the threat that is to fall upon Earth, my mother told me that she was originally from Asgard, and that she had a sister here. Now just before she was abducted, they were making preparations for the mariage of her elder sister, with the Highpriest of Asgard..."

Hilda's and Freya's heads both jerked up at the same time. They both looked with big eyes into The'li's, which were now twinkling in a soft brown, her pupils now pure as gold. She slowly nodded, which made her curls softly bob up and down on her forehead, which made her look even more angelic and cute than she already did before.

"Yes, my mother was the younger sister of your mother."

Hilda jumped up! She exclaimed in an excited voice!

"Of course!!! Mother told us about her sister! She told the story when we were little girls, when we would fight over something, she'd always say that we should be lucky that we had eachother, for one day if our sis would be gone, it would feel as a terrible loss, and that she was the perfect witness of this!"

She turned on her feet in a swift movement, her hair due to this swinging in Siegfried's face, who coughed slightly, and then flushed again when he looked up, straight in The'li's eyes.

"Then it means you are my cousin!!!"

She turned to her sister, with the same kind of swift movement.

"Did you hear it Freya, she's our cousin!!!!"

Freya, contrary to Hilda, had a suspicious look in her eyes, she had noticed that Hagen also kept looking at the girl, and she felt incredibly jealous.

"Then why didn't her mother try to contact our mother after she was saved from that evil husband? Ey, why?"

The'li softly chuckled, making Freya feel even more jealous and even stupid, as if she had said a stupid thing.

"Mommy couldn't come back because her evil husband had hidden a bomb inside of her, which will explode whenever she wants to leave our kingdom. But since now I'm old enough to make it on my own, and with the new threat hanging over our heads, she told me I should come. And here I am!"

Freya still was looking suspicious and was mumbling things in herself, to which Hagen whispered something in her ear, which clearly wasn't to her liking because she stood up, and just stayed still for a moment. She then threw an icecold glance at The'li and slowly walked away, almost stumbling over her own dress on the way out, at which she sobbed and ran. The'li stood up, thinking about going after her, after all, she never meant to hurt anyone by coming here, she thought they'd be thrilled to have her, but Hilda stopped her before she could make a step.

"Don't mind her, she'll calm down in a while, she can never stay angry very long, and besides, she's too curious to just stay away."

Hilda took Siegfried's arm in one of her, and in her other one she took The'li's. She asked the other God Warriors to follow them to the dining room, where she had ordered to be placed a huge welcome back meal for her men. The'li was given the honour to sit at the head of the table, opposite Hilda, who was sitting on the other end. The place where Freya was supposed to sit remained awfully empty. The conversation on the table however wasn't strained because of that fact, it was as if nobody really cared much about the fact that she wasn't there. The'li wondered about that fact, so far she hadn't been very nice to her, but would she be like that to her friends as well, they seemed to be a rather close team otherwise. Only one of them kept aside from the others and hardly joined the conversation. She observed him secretly, Alberich, she would have a private word with him soon, she was looking forward to it. And then she noticed that at her turn, she was being observed as well. She looked right into the clear blue eyes of Siegfried, who this time didn't blush nor looked away. The'li felt a bit uncomfortable, but then she remembered some other clear blue eyes, who were deeper of Siegfrieds, and warmer, and she also remembered the soft blond hair that slid through her hands when she caressed it, and the sensual smile. She shook away the image to focus on the current situation. Siegfried really seemed impressed by her, which of course was only natural, but she had to make it clear to him that her heart was taken and that she would never betray him, her Saint.

Somewhere halfway through dinner, it turned out that Hilda knew her sister very well, because indeed she showed up, and although she had obviously payed a lot of attention to the way she looked, she had obviously cried as well. Her eyes were still a bit red and her face was pale, although her cheecks looked rather flushed. This clearly suggested that indeed she had been crying, and that she felt bad about what she had done. The'li smiled when Freya looked in her direction, but the look the girl gave her didn't show any repent or remorse. The'li sighed and decided this was yet another matter she would have to attend to. The rest of dinner was spent in a pleasant but slightly tense atmosphere. Afterwards, Hilda adressed The'li again.

"Theli, darling, you will stay for a few days, won't you?"

The'li smiled and looked at Hilda with warm dark eyes, almost black as the darkest nights when there are no stars, nor any moon to be seen on the evening sky.

"Yes, if that would please you, I will, but not much longer, because I really have to hurry to tell Athena about the imminent danger."

"Of course, but I'm sure we still have some time left, or else the God Cloths would warn us if it were really near. And I want to hear all about you, your life and what you have done with your life."

The'li smiled again, and took the arm that Hilda extended to her. They only made a few steps after which they were stopped in their tracks by the sounds of a quarrel. When they turned, it was only to witness Bud and Syd fighting. Hagen immediately approached to stop them, but since nobody else seemed willing to assist him in his effort, he was thrown back by the combined force of the twins. He would have been kicked right on top of the dining table, but suddenly hung suspended in mid air, surrounded by a light in the colours of the rainbow. A faint smoke filled the room, and everyoned looked surprised at the smell of roses they suddenly smelled. Hilda closed her eyes and smiled. So far, that smell had meant a good thing when it came from her cousin. Hagen was gently lowered back to the ground, where he brushed the dust of his clothes. The'li stepped forward, her rainbow cosmos shimmering, and the rose-scented smoke now becoming imminent in the room. Now even Bud and Syd realized something was going on, and they stopped fighting. When they saw The'li approaching them, they both pulled their eyes open wide, and stood in front of her full of awe for the power of her cosmos and for the beauty of her golden hair flowing around her in long waves, and her golden eyes glowing with an unearthly light.

"Bud, Syd, please follow me, I have something to tell you."

She slowly walked - it was as if she floated though - towards the door, and disappeared through it. Syd and Byd looked at eachother for an instant and then ran after her. The other God Warriors and Hilda and Freya stayed behind, somewhat under the impression of what just happened, but each in their own way. Freya was angry because it was The'li who saved Hagen from falling, whereas she should have done so herself, she should have at least attempted to catch him. Hilda was proud this was her cousin, and proud that her family line turned out to be indeed a strong one. Most of the God Warriors were simply in awe, apart from Alberich, who was already calculating how he could use this girl for his own good.

In the meantime, outside, The'li had walked to a bench in the large gardens around the castle and sat down. She stayed there calmly, her hands folded in her lap, patiently waiting for the two brothers to join her. Bud and Syd slowly approached, expecting a whole tirade from this girl, which looked like an angel in the light of the setting sun. There was a red glow around her head, and her hair seemed to be a deep red, with the light of the sun behind her. She gestured the boys to take a seat in front of her, which they quietly did.

"Now tell me, what's wrong?"

They started both yelling at the same time, in such loud noises that The'li could not understand a word. She raised her hand, at which the twins suddenly found themselves without the power of speech. They both looked at her again, quietly of course, and waited until she spoke. She stood up until she faced them, well, more or less, since she was a petite woman, and she had to stretch her neck to be able to look them in the eye. The power that emanated from her though always made people fail to notice she was in fact quite fragile and had the perfect, slender figure.

"Now stop playing your silly games. I know that your whole lives, ever since you knew of the existence of your brother, you have been hating eachother, or have been forced to hide your feelings from your brother. But have you forgotten what happened before you died, have you forgotten about the love you share, about the feelings, the warm feelings you have for eachother. How on earth is it possible for two grown men to have such a hard time to admit this to eachother, even more since you are brothers!!! I can't believe this."

She threw her hands in the air and turned her back to them. She glanced at them, without them seeing, since they were looking at eachother. The'li grinned inwardly, it seemed her speech had had the desired effect. She waited a few minutes but when she turned again, the boys were hugging eachother, which brought a big smile on her beautifully curved pink lips.

"There, that wasn't so difficult now, was it?"

Syd shook his head and Bud pointed at his face. The'li didn't really understand what they meant by their gestures, but kept smiling anyway.

"Ok, now, tell me, do you feel happy about realising what your true feelings are again?"

Syd was now frantically shaking his head and Bud raised his eyes to the sky. He opened his mouth and pointed inside it, and it's only then than The'li realized she had taken away their power to speak.

"Oh dear, I'm soooo sorry, I forgot!!!"

One swift movement from an elegantly manicured hand, and she heard Syd sigh and Bud mumble something inaudibly. She blushed since she had put them in such a precarious situation. But her annoyment disappeared and her eyes filled with tears when Bud and Syd faced eachother again. Bud put a hand on the back of his brother's neck and pulled him close, so their foreheads touched.

"I love you bro, and I'm sorry for all the pain and trouble I caused you. I swear that from now on, I got you backed."

Syd sniffled and whispered

"I love you too, and I got you back!"

They embraced, and all of a sudden noticing The'li softly crying next to them,they pulled her into the embrace. She felt safely safe and warm in their arms and she closely snuggled up to both of them. They stood quietly like this for a while, until Bud broke the silence.

"OK, maybe time to go back in? It's getting a bit cold outside with the blizzard coming up."

Syd nodded and looked at The'li, who was rather lightly dressed.

"You're right, and we wouldn't want our Theli to catch a cold, now would we?"

He smiled at her, his eyes soft and tender.

"Thank you Theli, thank you so much."

She blushed and reached up to kiss him on the cheek. She then smiled and ran inside, leaving Bud and Syd to smile at eachother, putting an arm around eachother's shoulder and slowly following her back in.

Inside there was a horrible noise and chaos, as if The'li's leaving broke the beautiful spell of peace and mutual understanding. The biggest noise was produced by Freya and Hagen, who were quarreling like two pitbulls, and Alberich pranced around them, pulling faces, shouting 'Go go go!!!' and otherwise egging them. The others did not interfere, since they remembered what nearly happened to Hagen for his peacekeeping attempt, so they waited in the hope that The'li would return and settle everything as only she could. When The'li saw the picture, she clasped her hands in front of her bosom and whispered with sadness

"What is going on here?"

Her voice was very soft, velvety and smooth, but everyone in the room heard her and turned to her, feeling very ashamed looking in her beautiful crystal eyes, now filled with sadness and worry. Even Freya felt slightly ashamed, as for Hagen, he instantly flushed, cutely.

"See Theli, Freya accused me of not loving her anymore," he mumbled hotly. "And how can she say that when she betrayed me first?"

"I did not!" Freya sobbed, but The'li smiled angelically at her.

"Why don't we let Hagen finish, dear? I'm sure Hagen still loves you, I can see love burning in his eyes, lets hear his explanation!"

At these words, Hagen flushed even more prettily, and Freya pouted, but unlike Hagen, not prettily at all.

Hagen looked at The'li with adoring gratitude and went on

"So I say, she trampled our love first, running away with that blonde young man! I can understand her though, he looks so cute and all, I would gladly fall in love with him too, errr, if I was a girl of course," he hastily corrected himself after the eyes of the other God Warriors got as big as saucers at his words, "but nevertheless, maybe this Hyoga is better than I am, but she has no right to demand me not to pay attention at someone so pure and perfect like you..."

The Merak warrior flushed so much that there was no difference between his face and his Robe.

But The'li didn't hear his last words. As soon as she heard a certain name said, she gasped, and her eyes were covered by a silvery mist of sweet memories.

'Hyoga.....' her beautiful full lips repeated the sweetest name.

"Hey? Theli? Are you with us?"

Suddenly, she was aware of Hagen, who stood in front of her, very worried, and snapped his fingers in front of her eyes. The'li awarded him with a dazzling ivory-white smile. Her curly hair bobbed up and down when she shook her head.

"I'm so sorry Hagen, I was on memory lane!" she said, looking up at the blonde God Warrior with her eyes, sparkling like two novas in the summer sky.

The blonde warrior, who couldn't blush any further, blubbered quietly

"I am not offended, Theli. Of course you thought about something very important and divine, and I'm sorry to disturb that..."

The'li suddenly laughed, it was like a flock of silver bells chiming.

"Oh but Hagen!! You did not disturb me at all! You are part of my family..."

Hagen timidly interfered.

"Not exactly..."

But The'li waggled her dainty gracious finger in front of his face playfully.

"Almost family, I am sure about that! And anyway, you God Warriors are the true family of mine!!!"

Her big soft eyes glittered with tears at this moment, and she looked so beautifully blue, that the God Warriors, Hilda and Freya felt their own eyes flowing with hot tears. Only Alberich did not cry, because he was very evil, but even he secretly sniffled and blew his nose into Siegfried's sleeve.

When the collective weeping calmed down more or less, The'li emotionally said with an enormous sweet sadness lacing her velvet voice.

"I want you all to know though, that I'm not as perfect as I look..."

"What, you? Impossible!" everyone shouted and shook their heads.

"But it is true, yes..."

The'li nodded, smiling attractively and looking extremely beautiful with that wistful smile and her eyes filled with charming melancholy.

"I am not perfect...my past is shrouded with something so terrible you can't imagine...no, please don't ask me what it is, maybe I will tell you everything one day...but not today, it hurts too much to speak now..."

Tears strangled The'li's throat so she stopped talking and sobbed. Siegfried let go of Hilda's hand and came to embrace The'li, who sobbed against his chest, but Siegfried courageously ignored his shirt getting damp. Hilda sighed but said nothing, she understood that The'li deserved to have her comfort from the bravest and most handsome God Warrior. Finally The'li's sobs turned into a cute panting, she raised her face, beautifully glistening with her pure tears, and looked at Siegfried. She read endless adoration and respect in the blue eyes of the strongest God Warrior and it moved her heart, but filled it with sadness about her beloved cousin. Of course The'li would never think of hurting her! So she pushed Siegfried away and smiled brightly.

"Oh, but why am I pestering you with my problems, when my duty is to make the lovebirds find out they love each other very much and cannot live without each other?"

The'li clasped her hands and turned to Hagen.

"Hagen, I want you to take Freya's hand, look at hear beautiful face, say 'I love you Freya!' and mean it!"

Hagen did as he was told, because it was impossible to resist when The'li was asking.

"I love you Freya and I mean it!"

"Oh, Hagen! I love you too! I always loved you, even when I ran away with Hyoga, I kept loving you a bit, despite that Hyoga was so handsome and manly and everything! But he is not here now, and you are!"

With these words, Freya clinged to Hagen, sobbing with happiness, but almost instantly she freed herself from his manly embrace and rushed to The'li and huggled her lovingly.

"I'm so sorry I did not trust you at first, Theli! Now I see you are an angel sent to Earth! Thank you soooo much for bringing my Hagen back to me!!!"

Everyone was moved by the reunion of the sweet couple! Siegfried hugged Hilda, Syd and Bud hugged each other, Fenrir hugged his wolf, Mime hugged his harp, and Alberich having no better option hugged Thor's legs, because Thor was really tall and Alberich was really short. Hagen felt left out and pouted a bit, only nobody noticed that, and he joined The'li and Freya.

After some time, everything went more or less back to normal, only one person kept wailing -- it was Thor! The'li knews her caring interference was needed again!

"Why are you weeping, Thor?!"

Thor sobbed.

"Oh but I am so jealous of Freya and Hagen! They had problems but they ended them with your generous help, and I do not even have a girlfriend! And I never had! I will never experience anything like making up after fight, boooohoooo!!"

The'li gave a worried yelp.

"Oh Thor, what nonsense are you talking about?! Of course you will find yourself a girl!"

"No I won't, I am big and ugly!"

The'li cutely stomped with her feet.

"Now you stop this right now, my dear! Who told you that you are ugly?! Of course you are not, you are very handsome! Only trim that beard, girls do not like boys with beard, besides it prickles when kissing, and you have to stop going around with those axes everywhere! They are scary!"

Thor huggled his axes defensively.

"But they are my only friends! I cannot let them down!!"

The'li sighed and thought deeply about something until the sunshine bright smile lightened her beautiful face again.

"Hey! I have an idea! Why won't you adorn your axes with something cute and sweet? You can paint the handles with flowers! You can add roses and pink ribbons and other flowers to it!"

Thor grinned widely.

"It's a brilliant idea! Thank you, Theli!"

"Not at all!!!"

The'li coyly winked, and Thor flushed deeply. The'li then turned around, looking at every God Warrior and her cousins, and her look was so warm and lovely that everyone felt like they were under the spring sun. Then The'li briskly exclaimed.

"We must celebrate now! Hagen is with Freya again and Syd and Bud declared their brotherly love to each other! We must go outside and have a party!"

The company nodded their heads happily and everyone rushed out. There was a fierce blizzard outside, but The'li just laughed, extending her hands towards the sky and singing some incredibly beautiful tunes -- and look! The Sun showed up, all the snow disappeared, and there was a big round place of green grass and flowers blooming everywhere!

Thor picked some flowers to attach to his axes, and The'li helped him, and all other God Warriors were rolling in the grass and squealing happily like children. Someone found and carried out the barbecue stove, and the fest began! There was plenty of everything, even the wolves got their share. Mime was asked to play, and The'li to sing, and when she was singing, everyone got quiet, mesmerized by her nightingale voice and the fantastic song she was singing.

Good morning starshine
The earth says hello
You twinkle above us
We twinkle below
Good morning starshine
You lead us along
My love and me as we sing
Our early morning singing song
Gliddy glub gloopy
Nibby nabby noopy
La la la lo lo
Sabba sibby sabba
Nooby abba nabba
Le le lo lo
Tooby ooby walla
Nooby abba naba
Early morning singing song
Good morning starshine
The earth says hello
You twinkle above us
We twinkle below
Good morning starshine
You lead us along
My love and me as we sing
Our early morning singing song
Gliddy glub gloopy
Nibby nabby noopy
La la la lo lo
Sabba sibby sabba
Nooby abba nabba
Le le lo lo
Tooby ooby walla
Nooby abba naba
Early morning singing song
Singing a song
Humming a song
Singing a song
Loving a song
Laughing a song
Singing a song
Sing the song
Song song song
Sing sing sing sing song

After that, the dancing began, and Siegfried invited The'li to dance. The'li of course refused, saying that Siegfried should dance with Hilda, but Hilda shook her head. She loved her cousin too much to be jealous, so Siegfried and The'li twirled in the twirlof dance, as gracious as a pair of swans in the blue sky, smiling joyfully at each other. This was a glorious day in Asgard.