Saiyuki Fan Fiction ❯ Gensomaden Saiyuki: Reversed ❯ Kourin examines her feelings ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

 

Disclaimer: Do not own saiyuki even if all the characters are technically oc

 

Chapter third: A fluffy little explanation of how Kourin and Juri got together and a definition of their relationship.

Shoujou-ai obviously

 

Later that evening, Kourin sat up in bed and looked down at a peacefully sleeping Juri next to her, with an arm firmly held around her flame-haired leader's waist.

Dislodging the arm, Kourin slipped out of the bed and picked her shirt up from the floor where it had been flung in the heat of the passion that Kourin and Juri always brought when they were near each other.

She walked to the window across the room from the bed, frowning in thought.

It was ironic, in Kourin's opinion, that the daughter of the greatest youkai ever to walk the planet could get so completely enraptured by one woman.

She thought back to when they had first met with a wistful smile.

She'd happened upon a slave auction and seen Juri roughly thrown onto the platform by the youkai hunters that were selling her.

Even though she'd been drugged to make it impossible for her to move, Juri had pushed herself onto her knees to growl viciously at the buyers and the sellers as well as snap and bite at any dumb ass that was stupid enough to come close.

Except Kourin.

She'd immediately calmed down and stared up at Kourin in a look that was begging for any kind of release from her current hell.

Kourin, on a whim, and on curiosity, bought Juri, who despite having been given her freedom pledged her life to serving the Ma-oh's daughter.

In any way necessary.

That's originally how they'd become lovers.

Kourin, curious again, this time as to what exactly if felt like to be with another woman, came to Juri and made the first move.

It wasn't long after, however that Kourin began to feel something unfamiliar every time she looked at Juri.

Every time she touched her, tasted her, thought about her.

A gentle throbbing in her chest.

At first, Kourin was afraid that she was having a heart attack or something of that nature, but the more it happened the more she began to realize.

She was in love with Juri.

Utterly, desperately, and madly in love with her.

Although now that she knew, there was the dilemma of figuring out if Juri felt the same.

Too much of a coward to ask her outright, Kourin looked for little clues in the way Juri acted around her.

Searched for hidden meaning in every word or joke or phrase or expression.

That's what kept her awake now.

Running over and over in her head what Juri had said in front of the elevator.

That she'd always be there.

Just what in the hell was that supposed to mean?!, Kourin yelled mentally as she heard Juri stirring in the bed.

"Kou?"

"Hmmm?"

"What are you doing up? It's really late" Kourin looked over at the clock on her bedroom wall

So it is

"Go back to sleep, Juri"

"I can't" Kourin could hear the pout in the blue-haired girls voice "I need you"

Kourin closed her eyes in a vain attempt to decipher the meaning of those words.

"Why do you need me? You're a fully-grown adult. You can sleep by yourself."

"But," Juri's voice wavered

Shit, now I made her cry. I'm never going to hear the end of this.

"But what Juri?"

Juri sniffed.

"I love you"

Kourin's eyes widened as she spun around to face Juri who now sat up in the bed, the sheets pooled at her waist, revealing her naked upper half (A/N: well the rest of her was probably naked too you know)

"…What did you just say?" Kourin asked slowly, in a tone that usually spelled danger.

"I-I love you."

Without thinking twice about it Kourin walked slowly back to the bed in such a way that it caused Juri to whimper in fear when the redhead reached for her.

"Juri…" said youkai scooted back further on the bed as Kourin sat down.

"I-I'm sorry! I just-you wouldn't come back and-mmph?!" Juri was cut off in the middle of her nervous rambling when Kourin grabbed her by the wrist, pushed her on to her back, and straddled her, covering Juri's mouth with her hand. All in about .346 seconds.

"Just shut up for a minute will you?" Kourin sighed and removed her hand.

She leaned down and skimmed her lips across Juri's, coming back to linger on a long passionate kiss that ended several moments later when she pulled back for lack of air.

"Kou-"

"I thought I told you to shut up?"

"But Kourin-"

"Juri!" she growled and frowned in frustration but obeyed. "Now what do you mean you love me?" Juri remained silent. Kourin sighed. "You can talk now"

"There are only so many things a person can mean that and since I'm sleeping with you and you're not a family member then there' s really only one way I could mean it isn't there?" Kourin smiled at the edge of irritation in Juri's voice.

It reminded her of that slave auction.

"How long?" Juri blushed and avoided Kourin's eyes.

"Since I met you." Kourin raised an eyebrow.

"You've been in love with me for a quarter of a century and you're just now telling me?"

"Well I didn't know how you would take it. You usually aren't one to show affection of any other emotion that anger and irritation." Kourin stared at her blankly for a few seconds before going into a fit of hysterical laughter "I'm afraid that I fail to see the hilarity in the present situation." Kourin wiped her eyes as her laughter subsided.

" You're even more of an idiot than I thought," Juri frowned and opened her mouth to protest before Kourin shook her head "Let's just say that I love you too and be done with it, alright?"

"But Kourin-" She was cut off again as Kourin kissed her deeply and effectively ended all conversation for the remainder of the night.