Saiyuki Fan Fiction ❯ Gensomaden Saiyuki: Reversed ❯ In which Haruka dreams of the past ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter fourth :In which Haruka dreams of the past

 

 

"Hey Ichiko! Wait up!" Ichiko turned around to see Riho running to catch up with her.

Riho?

Riho grabbed her hand and pulled her down the street.

"I've been looking all over for you. If you don't hurry up dinner will get cold."

"Huh?" Riho stopped and turned around to look at Ichiko, confused.

"What's the matter with you today? You've been walking around in a trance since you got up this morning." Riho tilted her head to the side. "Is something troubling you, love?"

Something troubling me?

Ichiko smiled and tightened her grip on Riho's hand

"Nothings wrong. I was just thinking."

"About what?"

How about the fact that you're DEAD?

"Nothing in particular." Ichiko shaded her eyes and looked into the nearly cloudless sky.

Her attention was drawn back to Riho as the small blond giggled and pulled Ichiko down the street again.

I'd nearly forgotten how beautiful she is when she smiles.

"Riho?" She looked up from the book she was reading at her lover's call.

"Hmmm?" Ichiko stared intently into the depths of her wine glass.

"Do you wanna…get married?"

"Married?"

"Yeah, I mean I know it's kind of sudden and we really haven't discussed it, but I already know that I want to spend the rest of my life with you. I mean it's alright if you say no, even though I did already buy you a ring, but I-" Ichiko stopped as she felt Riho's fingers against her lips.

She looked to see the blond near tears.

"Riho…"

"I love you so much, Ichi."

Ichiko dropped her eyes.

"Why does the tone in your voice make me think that you're not going to answer me the way I want you to?"

Instead of replying, Riho took the wine glass out of Ichiko's hands and set of the table in front of the couch they sat on.

She then proceeded to stand up, grab Ichiko's hands, and pull her out of the room, and into the bedroom of the small house, they shared.

" Aino-chan?"

" Do you remember the first time you told me you loved me, Ichi?"

"Of course I do. Why would you ask me something like that?"

Riho let go of her hands and walked to the window.

"You said that you'd never leave me. That you'd always be by my side for the rest of eternity."

"Riho."

"You said you'd always protect me. That no harm would ever come to me as long as you lived" Riho smirked and looked back at Ichiko. "You've always been the dominant one. Always felt the need to take a man's role and protect the little mistress." She walked back to Ichiko, grabbed her around the waist and being the shorter of the two looked up at her. "Even you need protection sometimes Ichi."

"Riho where are you going with this?" The blond simply smirked again and didn't answer, instead, stood on her toes to press her lips roughly against her bewildered lover's.

Ichiko's confusion increased thousand-fold and her eyes widened as she felt something being slipped onto the third finger of her left hand.

Ichiko was the one crying as Riho pulled back.

"So no, Ichiko .I won't marry you. But will you marry me?" Crying to hard to form a reply that could be defined as speech, Ichiko nodded and kissed Riho, soundly, putting an end to the matter.

I've almost forgotten what you taste like.

"Hey Riho, I'm home" Ichiko opened the door to their house to find something straight out of her worst nightmares.

What you smell like.

"They took nearly all of the women. You're just lucky you weren't home, Ichiko." She clenched her fists as she listened to the men in the village tell her how lucky she was not to have been taken by the pack of demons that had raided the small village.

"And none of you are going to do anything about it?!" They stared at her in shock.

"What can we do Ichiko? They're demons. What good would it do if we went after them? The rest of the village needs us here to protect it."

"Yeah `cause that worked so well last time." Ichiko said spitefully as she whirled around, walking away, leaving the remaining villagers puzzled.

What you feel like.

Ichiko was immune to the screams of the demons as she sliced her way through the castle.

What your voice sounds like when you tell me you love me.

"Riho?" She reached the uppermost level of the castle, drenched in the blood of the demon clan.

"Ichiko?" Hearing her fiancée's voice, she ran to the cell that occupied the room.

Riho smiled.

"I knew you'd come for me." She reached out cup Ichiko's cheek in her palm.

"I told you I would" Ichiko replied, leaning into Riho's caress.

"You're too late though." Ichiko's eyes snapped open as Riho's hand left her face and traveled down to the knife that hung in her belt.

"Riho!"

Before Ichiko could react, Riho took the knife and stepped away from the bars of her cell, tears streaming down her face.

"What are you doing?!"

"Like I said. You're too late. That monster's seed is growing inside of me." Ichiko's eyes widened in horror as Riho held the knife to her throat.

What you make me feel when you kiss me.

"Riho, no! Stop it!"

"I'm sorry Ichi, Looks like you won't be me marrying me either."

"Riho, please don't do this!"

"Goodbye, Ichiko"

"RIHO!!"

 

Haruka bolted to a sitting position. Panting, sweating.

"Did you have a bad dream?" She looked up to see Satsuki, sitting on the widow sill, cigarette in hand.

"Oh, not really, just those damn clowns" Haruka said, rubbing the back of her head and laughing falsely.

"You know… no one will ever trust you if you lie all the time." Haruka raised an eyebrow at the miko.

"And what about you, Satsuki?"

"What about me?" Haruka looked across the room to a slumbering Azusa.

"How many times have you lied to her?" Satsuki followed the brunette's gaze, allowing a small fond smile to cross her face as she contemplated the sleeping form.

"I've never lied to her."

"Are you sure?" The smile was replaced with a scowl as she turned back to Haruka.

"What I say or don't say to Azu is none of your damn business."

"Well then my bad dreams are none of your business. Fine then, lets just leave it at that." Haruka smiled. "Good night, Satsuki" Haruka lay back down in the bed she had been forced to share with Atsuko.

"Stupid idiot." Satsuki mumbled.

 

 

 

 

Authors note: Riho=Kannan

Ichiko=Gounou