Samurai Deeper Kyo Fan Fiction ❯ Little Moments ❯ Of Kids and Teddy-Bears ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Title: Of Kids and Teddy-Bears Author: Shadow Arashi Fandom: Samurai Deeper Kyo Pairing/Characters: Hotaru, Anna and mention of Yuan Rating: PG Word Count: 371 Warnings: Major cuteness, or how Hotaru started calling Yuan ‘Yun-Yun’. Disclaimer: I don’t own SDK or Hotaru (much to my sadness) so don’t sue me. Thank you.



______________________


"Here, take it."

Keikoku blinked and stared at the black and white mass which had been suddenly thrown into his laps. Wordlessly he seized the fallen object and raised it to his eyes to inspect it. He stared at it some more, before finally facing Anna.

"What is that?" he demanded plainly.

"It’s a panda," The older girl smiled brightly as she crouched down in front of the small boy, pointing at the toy with one slender finger. "Well actually it’s a plush panda and it is yours now."

Keikoku seemed to ponder those words, poking absently at the toy but Anna knew this wasn’t the end. The hardest part was still to come.

"Why? Why did you give it to me?"

The blond child said lowly as he looked up at Anna in confusion. That was the clue she was waiting for.

"Tss tss Keikoku you weren’t listening to me! I didn’t say I was giving it to you. This panda has no one, no owner you see? I found him today and he looked so sad that I thought you could take care of him for me since I can’t do it myself. Every panda toys need a little boy to play with them."

She explained patiently, watching intently her little protégée’s reaction. She cleverly kept to herself the fact she had made it especially for him.

Her efforts were rewarded when she saw Keikoku’s eyes lighted up in understanding before he hugged the panda to his chest. She could have jump in happiness right there.

"I see… He doesn’t have a name then?"

The question was unexpected, but as she was used to his strange and random train of thoughts she didn’t bat an eyelash when she responded.

"No he doesn’t."

"Oh…" Keikoku observed his new toy for a minute, before he spoke again with quiet determination "then I will call him Yun-Yun."

He then promptly untied his red headband and proceeded to tie it around the panda’s eyes instead in the same fashion as his master and care-taker.

Anna felt she would burst at the cute sight and had to bit her lips to keep from laughing out loud.

She couldn’t wait to see Yuan’s face tonight.



  OWARI