Samurai Pizza Cats Fan Fiction ❯ Wedding Bells for Speedy and Polly ❯ Defenders of Love ( Chapter 6 )

[ A - All Readers ]

 
 
 
 
 
Wedding Bells for Speedy and Polly
 
 
Story by: Phoenix710
 
Summary: In this chapter, The Pizza Cats and Good Bird face off against Big Cheese and his Ninja Crows, so that Speedy and Polly can have the wedding that they so rightly deserve. Will our heroes win the day? Let's find out!
 
Disclaimer: I do not own Samurai Pizza Cats, or any of the characters. All characters associated with the series are property of Saban.
The song Go!, which will be used in the battle scene of this chapter, is property of the band Flow.
 
 
Chapter Six: Defenders of Love
 
 
Speedy was absolutely enraged. The Big Cheese had just busted into the church, as he had been about to exchange rings and vows with his beloved fiancée, Polly. He was about to make Cheese wish he'd never met him, or escaped from Prisoners' Island. Vi shouted, “CHEESE!!! I THOUGHT I EXILED YOU TO PRISONERS' ISLAND!!! WHAT ARE YOU DOING BACK HERE?!!!” Cheese replied, “Well, Princess, I decided that I wanted revenge on these pesky furballs, and what better time to destroy them all, than when they're more concerned with getting married, instead of watching their backs? Now then, NINJA CROWS!!! FAN OUT AND…HUH…WHERE'D THOSE PESKY FLEABAGS GO?” Little did Cheese know, that they'd all headed for the dressing rooms, to change out of their wedding clothes, and into their armor. Once they'd finished, Guido said, “Looking for us, cheddar breath? In case you forgot, I'll clue you in: When my friends' day to declare their love is in danger, I'm one cat who won't be a stranger. The name's Guido Anchovy.” Polly said, “No matter what you're up to this time, the power of love will stop your crime. The name's Polly Esther.” Speedy said, “I may not know how to rhyme, but you've really ticked me off, so you're goin' down! I'm Speedy Cerviche!” Cheese said, “Hah…I'm not impressed!” Good Bird said, “Yeah, well guess what, Seymour, I'm not impressed with that overgrown Tinkertoy of yours either. Where'd you get it, out of a cereal box?” Cheese said, “Huh? Who said that…Bad Bird?” Good Bird replied, “I'm not Bad Bird anymore, you rotten rat! I'm Good Bird now, and I fight on the side of justice! You ARE NOT going to ruin my friends' wedding!” Cheese said, “NINJA CROWS!!! GET THEM!!!” The Pizza Cats and Good Bird charged outside, smashing Ninja Crows out of their way. Once they had gotten outside the city, the Cats and Good Bird started pummeling Ninja Crows all over the place. Speedy hit one over the head with the handle of one of his swords, then unleashed a spinning kick which took out six more in the same sweep. Guido hypnotized five of them with his umbrella, then got them to fight each other, by saying, “Listen guys, there's only one ticket left for the upcoming fireworks show, and if you want it, you're gonna have to fight for it.” With that, the five dumb Ninja Crows started bashing each other, until the five of them rolled into a tree, upon which a hornets' nest fell on them. They all started running around screaming, as the hornets started to chase and sting them repeatedly.
 
We are Fighting Dreamers aiming high…
Fighting Dreamers not caring for our appearance…
Fighting Dreamers believing in our way…
Oli Oli Oli Oh-! Just go my way!
 
Right here right now (Bang!)
Let it out like a straight bullet!
Right here Right now (Burn!)
Go on a killing spree and get the fire!
 
Right here Right now (Burn!)
Let it out like a straight bullet!
Right here Right now (Burn!)
 
It's the middle of our spontaneous fighting path; where are you going with that
person's map?
A painted crow took the map and threw it away
Well, open up the eye in your heart and take a good look at the present! (Yeah!)
There isn't a thing to lose, so let's go!
 
We are Fighting Dreamers aiming high
Fighting Dreamers not caring for our appearance
Fighting Dreamers believing in our way
Oli Oli Oli Oh-! Just go my way!
 
Right here Right now (Burn!)
Let it out like a straight bullet!
Right here Right now (Burn!)
Go on a killing spree and get the fire!
 
Creeping in the shadows without a sound, we are never lead astray
A big wind rose up and blew us away
Blown wayward, open up your future with a sharp sword! (Yeah!)
There isn't a place where your future isn't guaranteed, right!?
 
We are Fighting Dreamers aiming high
Fighting Dreamers not caring for our appearance
Fighting Dreamers believing in our way
Oli Oli Oli Oh-! Just go my way!
 
Right here right now (Bang!)
Let it out like a straight bullet!
Right here Right now (Burn!)
Go on a killing spree and get the fire!
Go on a killing spree and get the fire!
 
We are Fighting Dreamers with our friends by us
Fighting dreamers dragging in everyone
Fighting dreamers with high goals
Oli Oli Oli Oh-!
 
We are Fighting Dreamers aiming high…
Fighting Dreamers not caring for our appearance…
Fighting Dreamers believing in our way…
Oli Oli Oli Oh-! Just go my way!
Go my way!
 
(Don't forget your first impulse ever)
(Let's keep your adventurous ever)
(Don't forget your first impulse ever)
(Let's keep your adventurous ever)
 
Right here right now (Bang!)
Let it out like a straight bullet!
Right here Right now (Burn!)
Go on a killing spree and get the fire!
Go on a killing spree and get the fire!
 
Polly launched twelve of her explosive heart bombs, hitting as many Ninja Crows in the posterior. They ran around screaming, until they all ran into each other, knocking themselves out. Polly said, “This is so easy, sometimes I embarrass even myself…stupid Ninja Crows…” Good Bird unleashed a miniature Thunderbird from his sword, taking out the remaining Ninja Crows. Now, all that was left was Cheese's huge robot, the X-1000. Cheese said, “Hmmpphh…you may have beaten my Ninja Crows, but victory will soon be mine anyway! Say goodnight, pretty kitty!” Speedy saw the huge machine's right arm come up, and yelled, “POLLY, MOVE IT!!!” She went to run towards him but Cheese fired one of the missile tubes on the right arm. The missile hit the ground near Polly, sending her flying. She smashed into a rock, and slid down, hard. Speedy yelled, “POLLY!!! NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!” Guido and Good Bird moved over to her, and she weakly sat up. Her armor was cracked in some spots, and she had some dirt on her face, but was otherwise unharmed. They helped her walk back over, and Speedy said, “Polly! Thank God you're okay!” She hugged him, and said, “Speedy, I'm tougher than I look, remember? It'll take more than that chump's cheap garbage-sale mech to put me down!” Cheese said, “Hah…I'm surprised that idiot girl Lucille's stupidity hasn't brought down your pizza place yet!” Guido saw that Lucille was standing off to the side, obviously cheering them on, and she was tearing up, as she'd obviously heard Cheese's insult. Guido yelled, “HIT THE DIRT!!! SHE'S GONNA BLOW!!!” Lucille went into full-blown hysterics, and cried, “Big Cheese…you're…YOU'RE SUCH A MEANIE!!!” She started crying in earnest, and her missiles launched. Cheese's robot was hit with a full barrage, and suffered serious damage. The outer armor shell was blown off, the jetpack was destroyed, and most of the head was gone. Speedy saw that Lucille had left the huge monstrosity open for them to finish it, so he said, “Ready, guys…Let's teach Cheese what we do to wedding crashers here in Little Tokyo!!!” He unsheathed his swords, and bright yellow energy began to arc across the blades of both weapons. Guido's sword blade was engulfed in fiery blue energy, and Polly's whole body was surrounded by pink energy, which soon collected into her flute and kodachi, when she crossed her arms in front of her, the flute in one hand, and the kodachi in the other. Good Bird's sword became ablaze with red energy, and he held it in front of him. Speedy yelled out, “CAT'S EYE SLASH!!! HIYA!!!” Guido called out, “AZURE DRAGON FIRE!!!” Polly let out the cry of, “HEARTBREAKER!!!” Finally, Good Bird unleashed his attack, to the cry of, “THUNDERBIRD!!!” The combined blasts tore straight through Cheese's robot, and it exploded, sending Cheese and Jerry Atrick flying. They landed on a tree branch, and Polly jumped up onto the same branch, and said, “Looks like you're stuck. Let me give you a hand…or better yet…A SET OF CLAWS!!!” Polly unsheated her lethal, armor-shredding claws, and slashed the tree branch. She used the tree trunk as a springboard for a backwards sommersault, and Speedy caught her, and set her down on her feet. Cheese and Jerry weren't so lucky…they both landed on their faces. Princess Vi's guards quickly arrested them, and Vi screamed, “TAKE THOSE TWO TRAITORS BACK TO PRISONERS' ISLAND!!!” After they were led away, Speedy said, “I think we need to finish something…our wedding.” With that, he looked at Polly, who smiled, and kissed him. Guido said, “Save that for AFTER you're married, okay?”
 
 
Shortly after Cheese and Jerry Atrick were given the send-off to Prisoners' Island by Good Bird, everyone walked back into the chapel. They resumed their places, and Minister Kaito said, “As I asked earlier, is there anyone here who knows why Speedy and Polly should not be joined in marriage? If so, then let him or her speak now, or forever hold their piece.” Silence reigned, and this time, Minister Kaito asked, “Polly Esther, do you promise to honor, love, and cherish this man, Speedy Cerviche, and forsaking all others, promise to keep him in everlasting love, until the end of both of your lives?” Polly's eyes misted with tears as she replied, “I do.” Turning to Speedy, he said, “Speedy Cerviche, do you promise to honor, love, and cherish this woman, Polly Esther, and forsaking all others, promise to keep her in everleasting love, until the end of both of your lives?” Speedy said, “I do.” Turning to the congregation, Minister Kaito said, “Now, the couple will exchange their vows, and their rings, thus officially uniting them as a married couple, not only in our eyes, but also in the eyes of God, and of our saviour, Jesus Christ.”
 
Polly turned to Speedy, and said, “Speedy, ever since the day you saved me from those bullies when we were both little kittens, walked me home, and then gave me the flute that I still never go anywhere without today, I've loved you. I thought I'd lost you when that huge comet blew up over the city last year, and that I'd never get the chance to tell you how I felt. Now though, I want you to know that I will never love anyone other than you, Speedy, and you will be in my heart forever.”
 
Speedy smiled broadly, and said, “Polly, I've loved you too, from the first day I saw you, your beauty stole my heart. You've only grown more beautiful, and become stronger, smarter, and braver, with each passing day. You've never ceased to be loyal to me, and I will always be loyal to you as well. I love you, and only you, Polly.”
 
Minister Kaito said, “Now, only the exchanging of the rings remains.” Polly took her ring from her sister, Sayaka, who had come up to her side. She said, “Speedy, with this ring, I promise to love no one other than you, and to always remain by your side, forever.” Speedy took his ring from Junior, and said, “Polly, with this ring, I promise that you will be the only one I will ever love, and that nothing will break us apart.” They slid the rings onto each others' fingers, then Minister Kaito said, “Speedy, Polly, please give me your hands.” They did so, and he blessed their joined hands, before putting a silk cloth over them. He then said, “Let it now be known that, not only in our eyes, but also the eyes of God, and our Saviour, the Holy Son Jesus Christ, Speedy and Polly are now husband and wife. You may now kiss the bride.” Speedy pulled Polly's veil aside, then kissed her long and deep. When they pulled apart for air, Minister Kaito said, “Please join us in the Royal Ballroom for the reception, before the newly-married couple departs for their week-long honeymoon vacation on Paradise Island. God bless your union, Speedy Cerviche, and Polly Esther Cerviche. Amen.” The rest of the congregation replied “AMEN!” in unison, then they all headed for the Royal Ballroom. Speedy and Polly were now finally together, just like they'd dreamed of for so long.
 
 
 
Next Chapter: Speedy and Polly have their reception in the Royal Ballroom, and Speedy sings the song `Change The World', by V6, for Polly, and she sings `Fields of Hope', by Rie Tanaka, for him, and then Guido offers a toast to congratulate his friends. Everyone else chimes in, and Speedy and Polly then thank everyone, before they leave for their honeymoon. Let's find out what happens next time, in Chapter Seven-Together At Last.