Samurai Pizza Cats Fan Fiction ❯ Wedding Bells for Speedy and Polly ❯ Together at Last ( Chapter 7 )

[ A - All Readers ]

 
 
 
 
 
Wedding Bells for Speedy and Polly
 
 
Story by: Phoenix710
 
 
Summary: Now that The Big Cheese has finally been defeated, and sent back to Prisoners' Island where he belongs, Speedy and Polly are now happily married, and are now enjoying their reception in the Royal Ballroom. Let's join the two happy felines, before they leave on their honeymoon trip to Paradise Island, aboard Princess Vi's personal cruise ship, the Oceanic Majesty.
 
Disclaimer: I do not own Samurai Pizza Cats, or any of the characters. All characters and locations are property of Saban. However, theOceanic Majesty, Princess Vi's 980-foot long cruise ship, is a product of my imagination. The song that Speedy will be singing for Polly here, `Change The World', is property of V6, and the song `Fields of Hope', which Polly will sing for Speedy, is property of Rie Tanaka.
 
 
 
Chapter Seven: Together At Last
 
 
Speedy was overwhelmed with pure joy; They had finally defeated The Big Cheese, and now, he and Polly were finally together, and would be for the rest of their lives. He watched her brilliant blue eyes sparkle in the lights of the ballroom, as they danced out on the floor. She was absolutely breathtaking, especially without her helmet. The light caused her fiery red hair to gleam brilliantly, and she smiled radiantly, as he pulled her close and hugged her. Nearby, Guido was dancing with Lucille, Good Bird was with Carla, Francine was sitting down, talking to Princess Vi and Al Dente, and the other guests were all mingling about, doing their own thing. Polly's mother, father, and sister approached them, and her father said, “Speedy, I want to be the first to say that I'm very happy for you both. You are, without a doubt, the best possible husband for my daughter, and I know that she's in good hands with you. Take good care of her.” Speedy shook the older feline's hand, and said, “Don't worry, Mr. Esther, I'll love Polly until the end of time, and nothing will separate us.” They shook hands again, and Speedy then repeated the process with Polly's mother and sister, and Polly hugged her family, then returned to her husband's side. Francine snapped a photo of the happy couple, then Guido said, “Hey, I got an idea…how about we ALL get in the middle of the dance floor…a group photo! Royalty to the sides of the married couple, and then arrange the rows from shortest to tallest.” Francine liked the idea, as did everyone else, so they all went down onto the dance floor, and Francine set the camera for a ten second delay, then headed over to the group. She stood next to Lucille, and, six seconds later, the camera went off. Speedy checked the image out, and said, “This is great! Hey, Al…how about sending a copy of this photo, and one of Polly and I, to the Little Tokyo Star, for their wedding section.” Al Dente replied, “I'll take care of that right after you and Polly leave for your honeymoon, Speedy.” With that, Speedy headed back over to Polly, and said, “I'm gonna grab a glass of fruit punch, you want one, sweetheart?” Polly smiled, and said, “Sure, sounds great.” Speedy went and poured himself a glass, and one for Polly, dropped some ice into each glass, then walked over to her. He handed her a glass, and she took a small sip, and smiled. Guido tapped his fingers on his own glass, and said, “Excuse me, but I'd like to make a toast to the married couple, who also happen to be my two closest friends, along with everyone else here. Speedy, Polly, I want to congratulate you both on this, the happiest day of both of your lives, and I know that, no matter what challenges lay ahead down the road of your lives, you'll face them, and overcome them, with the same courage and determination, that has allowed you both to make it to this wonderful day. Congratulations!” Next up, was Polly's father. He said, “Speedy, you displayed great courage, and kindness, all those years ago, when you saved my daughter Polly from those that wished to harm her. You were then only a kitten, but you displayed the heart and courage of a lion, and that has only grown as you and Polly have. Your friendship with her that was born that day, has grown into love, and I want to wish you all the best, along with my wife, and younger daughter. Congratulations!” Princess Vi came next, and she said, “Speedy, and Polly, you are the greatest heroes that this city has ever known, and I want you both to know that we will always be forever grateful to you, for saving this city, and all who call it home, from a fiery death. I wish you all the best. Congratulations!” Next, was Al Dente. He said, “I met you both when I became your advisor, and your superior, and, from that time, I could already see the seeds of love that you two had planted. Those seeds have fully bloomed now, into a love that I know will never die. I wish you both a long, happy life together. Congratulations!” Next was Francine. She said, “Speedy, Polly…in the years that we've worked together, I could tell that, despite the occasional bickering you'd engage in, you two really did love one another. That has been proven as clear as crystal now, and I now that you two will never lose your way, as long as you have each other. Congratulations!” Next, came Lucille, with Guido rubbing her shoulders to keep her calm…after all, they didn't want her missiles blowing apart the Royal Ballroom. She said, “Speedy, Polly…you've both been wonderful with each other over the years that I've known you, and, as a life-long friend of Polly's, I can tell that Speedy is, without a doubt, the best possible husband for her. I just know that you two will always be happy together. Congratulations!” Guido led her outside, and her missiles went off seconds later. The two walked back in, just in time for Good Bird's speech. He said, “Speedy, without you, I'd probably be dead now, along with everyone else here, especially my beloved Carla. On behalf of both of us, and the entire city of Little Tokyo, I want to wish you the best of luck, no matter what cards life may deal to you in the coming years. As long as you're together, you'll weather any storm. Congratulations!” The assembled audience applauded loudly, and Speedy said, if you'll permit me, I'd like to sing a song for my beloved wife. It's called `Change The World', by V6.
 
I want to change the world,
Keep on holding on your desire,
You will get a shining love,
That you can reach alone
If you go on to get your goal,
It's wonderland.
 
I felt so worried when I spent all the time
thinking of the future of us
'Cause I know, there's nothing
That I really want to know.
And then I met you, so I could feel,
What you should know:
I've finally found your love,
And now I'm really feeling all right,
'Cause the nightmare has gone,
This is the way to love you.
 
I want to change the world,
Walk again never miss the way,
Don't be afraid I'm with you,
And we can fly away,
If you can stay with me forever,
Change my mind,
Won't get lost if your passion's true,
I'm gonna fly with you again,
So you can spread your wings,
And you will fly with me away,
It's wonderland.
 
We gotta swim against the tide and the flow
Till the day when we'll get your goal
You will see that your desire
Will be granted again
 
This is the feeling you'll understand
The troubled life....
It won't be too bad to face
And any problem you will see
Will not to be too hard
If I can walk beside you
 
I want to change the world
Walk again, fight against the wind
Don't be afraid to be true
'Cause now you have to bring
The power of your smile on your face
Change my mind
Keep on holding on your desire
You will get a shining love
That you can reach alone
If you go on to get your goal
It's wonderland.
 
I want to change the world,
Walk again never miss the way,
Don't be afraid I'm with you,
And we can fly away,
If you can stay with me forever,
Change my mind,
Won't get lost if your passion's true,
I'm gonna fly with you again,
So you can spread your wings,
And you will fly with me away,
It's wonderland.
 
 
Once Speedy finished, the whole room began cheering, and Polly had tears in her eyes. She said, “Speedy…that was lovely!” He said, “Not as lovely as you are, Polly.” She kissed him, then said, “Now, I'd like to perform a song that I've chosen. It's called `Fields of Hope', by Rie Tanaka. Polly took the stage, and began singing.
 
`Beneath a veil so cold,
You deeply sleep, all alone…
The melody of prayer; on the lonely fields,
a little light shined…
I watched as you dreamed…
You laughed like a child…
So dear, and yet so far -
That is the promise of our future…
That one day, on a green morning,
One day, we will make it there…
Because in this wintered sky…
We still believe…
Fields of Hope
On the day we were born, we were embraced…
And now we search for those gentle hands again…
The melody of prayer; one vanishes,
And all begins again; a powerless, painful continuation…
One day, to that green morning,
We'll cross through all these nights…
Because that is the place each one of us searches for…
Now, within my own heart,
I want to keep you warm…
So dear, and yet so far -
In the name of peace…
Fields of Hope
So dear, and yet so far -
The fields of promise…
Fields of Hope
Fields of Hope.'
 
 
Polly bowed, and the crowd began to cheer, just as they had for Speedy. She walked back over to him, and they quickly went up on stage together. Speedy said, “I want to thank all of you for this wonderful wedding, and this lovely reception. Princess Vi, Emperor Fred, and Al Dente, thank you for allowing Polly and I to have our wedding here at the palace. Guido, I want to thank you for being my best friend for as long as I can remember. Lucille, I want to thank you for helping us out in whatever way you could. Francine, I want to thank you for giving us a job, and for your friendship over the years. Good Bird, I want to especially thank you for helping me get rid of that comet, since, without you, I wouldn't be here with my lovely wife Polly now. In short, I want to thank you all, for everything you've done for us.” The audience cheered, and Polly then took the microphone. She said, “As Speedy said, you've all done so much for both of us, and I think he said it quite well. I'd like to start by thanking Speedy, as I did years ago, for saving me, and for being the best friend I've ever had. From the day you saved me, Speedy, we've been inseperable, and I want you to know that nothing will ever change that. I also want to thank my parents and sister for coming, and for allowing Speedy and I to be together. Ever since the day Speedy saved me when we were both kittens, and then gave me this flute the next day, I knew in my heart that he was the one I wanted to be with, forever. Lucille, your friendship has meant a lot to me as well, along with yours, Francine. Lastly, I want to again thank Princess Vi and her family, and Al Dente, for allowing Speedy and I to share this joyous occasion with all of you. Thank you all, for everything!” The crowd cheered again, then Princess Vi took the stage. She said, “Now, I believe you two have a ship to catch, and a honeymoon to go on, am I right?” Speedy said, “Princess?” Vi led them outside, to the dock, where a MASSIVE, absolutely beautiful 980-foot long ship was moored. In red and gold letters, the name Oceanic Majesty was painted on the front of the ship, and the rest of the ship's hull was painted in blue and gold. Speedy's eyes went wide, and so did Polly's, and everyone else's. Vi said, “My personal cruise ship. It'll be your transportation to and from Paradise Island. Anything you two want, it's yours, and I'll take care of paying the bill when you get back home. Now, have fun, and I'll see you two in a week. Bon Voyage!” Speedy and Polly saw that their luggage was being loaded on board, so they headed onto the ship as well. They reached the fantail of the ship's stern (rear section of a ship), and shouted down, “BON VOYAGE, LITTLE TOKYO!!!” As the ship pulled out of the dock, and headed out to sea, a sharp pair of eyes, or a good set of binoculars, could see two very happy felines, one in white, the other in red, kissing each other happily, as they began their honeymoon.
 
 
 
Next Chapter: The final Chapter-Speedy and Polly arrive on Paradise Island, and check in at their hotel. Join us next time to see what kind of fun awaits the two happy felines, in Chapter Eight-Honeymoon on Paradise Island.