Samurai X Fan Fiction ❯ We are Destined ❯ Chapter 1

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Chapter 1
 
It was getting dark now. Sano was walking in the streets when he heard a girl scream for help. He looked for the voice and tried to find where it came from. He ran as fast as he could to find where the scream came from. He ended up in a small alley. There he found four ugly looking men and a girl. They were trying to rob the girl. “Hey!” Sano shouted out loud to get the attention of the thugs. All four men looked at him. “Get lost, kid!” said one of the gangsters, the others laughed. “Why don't you find jobs instead of robbing a helpless girl, eh?” Sano said, insulting the gangsters. One of them stepped forward. “Why don't you stop and do yourself a favor, kid. Run away and forget everything you saw here.” The thug said. Sano smirked and moved closer to the thug. “First of all, I'm not a soulless person who will just leave a helpless girl behind… and stop calling mi `kid'”. Sano said. After saying that, he punched the thug as hard as hell on the face. The thug fell unconscious on the ground. The others were surprised. All of them ran towards Sano and started to throw him punches. Sano handled those punches easily and maneuvered past two of the thugs and gave them uppercuts. Then he turned back to the other thug and kicked him in the stomach. All of this happened very fast, like a blink of an eye. The thugs were all lying on the ground all of a sudden. Sano laughed, letting pride and glory sink deeper into his bones as he stared at the losers before him. Then he noticed one of the thugs holding something shiny. He moved closer to the thug and took the shiny object. It was a necklace. He looked back at the girl and moved toward her. “Is this yours, miss?” Sano asked. The girl walked towards him. “You are such a ruffian.” The girl said matter-of-factly. “Hey! I just saved you from those thugs and I don't even thank me for doing that!” Sano shouted. “Don't shout at me! I didn't ask you to help me!” the girl shouted back. Sano looked at the girl from head to toe. He noticed an I.D. hanging from the girl's neck. “SO, Sayo Muto, after rescuing you and retrieving your precious necklace, you don't thank me and you shouted at me.” Sano said. Sayo looked at him and rolled her eyes. “Just give me my necklace back.” She said. “Hmm… you know what? Since you won't thank me for what I did, I will take your necklace.” Sano said. “NO! That is so important to me!” Sayo said. “Well, that's what you get for being such a brat to persons who help you.” Sano said, and then he ran out back to the street. “You know, if I were you, I would start running home now before those thugs wake up.” Sano said. And in a blink of an eye, Sano was already gone of Sayo's sight. Sayo stood there for a moment, trying to absorb and explain to herself what had happened. Tears started to stream down her cheeks as she thought of the necklace that the ruffian who saved her took. Then she started running as fast as she could to get away to that small alley. When she got home, everyone in her house is asleep. She ran upstairs towards her room and jumped to her bed. She cried herself to sleep.
***
Sano was already lying in his bed. He had been thinking about the girl he encountered earlier that night. `Poor girl… she is such a brat.' Sano thought. He turned to a sitting position in his bed. He took the necklace above a drawer where he placed it when he arrived at his house. He stared at it. Somehow he felt guilty because of taking from the girl, remembering the words she said `NO! That is so important to me!' “Well, she deserves it anyway.” He told himself. Then he slid the necklace inside his pocket and went to sleep.