Samurai X Fan Fiction ❯ We are Destined ❯ Chapter 12

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Chapter 12
 
The school bell just rang again, meaning it was already time for everybody to take their lunch. Some students went straight to the school cafeteria and fell in line to buy lunch. Some students went to the rooftop of the highest building in the school to have their own packed lunch there, watching the sky and the birds in it. Some just gathered there at the corridors, chatting with friends and playing pranks on other students. Kaoru and Misao had a hard time to convince Sayo to get out of their classroom and have something to eat. Sayo was too exhausted because of lack of sleep the other night. She decided to stay in their classroom and do some writing but Kaoru and Misao insisted that she eat something. Finally agreeing to her friends, Sayo stood up, took her bag and walked with her friends. While they were making their way to the school cafeteria, Sayo remembered her little chat with Aoshi earlier that day. “Misao…” she said. Misao looked directly to her eyes, bedazzling Sayo with her usual joy. Misao is a type of girl who always thinks positively and never lets anything to make her go down, and, she usually acts like a child.
“I had a chance to talk to Aoshi this morning and --” before Sayo could finish what she was planning to say, Misao cut her off midsentence. “You did??” Misao asked obliviously. “What did you talk about? Did he say something about me?” Misao asked childishly. “Well, yes, I did talk to him. And yes, he said something about you.” Sayo replied. “What did he ask about me?” Misao asked, eager to hear the answer from Sayo. “He said that he likes you… but he can't express his feelings to you.” Sayo finally said. Hearing those words, Misao jumped happily and everyone at the corridor stared at her for a moment, and then went again with what they were doing. “I need to talk to him” Misao said. “Please, please, please promise me that you'll tell him to meet me at the gym before the he goes home.” Misao begged Sayo. Sayo smiled and nodded. “Well, if you girls don't mind… do you really want to eat or just chat about Aoshi?” Kaoru interrupted and then smiled to her friends, showing that what she said was just a joke. Misao looked very happy and her friends Sayo and Kaoru couldn't be happy enough for her. After that, they went to the cafeteria, bought lunch and took a table at the center of the eating area.
 
While making their way to the cafeteria, Sano and Kenshin were stared at by a group of girls. Ignoring their smiles, Kenshin said “Why do they keep on smiling at us? They already know I have a girlfriend.” He said. Sano chuckled and looked at his friend then changed the topic. “Why don't we just find your Kaoru and join her while eating, okay?” Sano suggested. Kenshin agreed and stood in line at the cafeteria to buy their lunch and looked for Kaoru's table.
 
“Hey Kaoru, look who's looking for you.” Misao said, smiling. Kaoru looked back and saw Sano and Kenshin holding their trays of food, standing in the middle of the crowd looking for her. Kaoru waved her hands high so Kenshin would see her. Kenshin saw that familiar smile and tugged Sano' shirt and pointed at Kaoru's table. Kenshin sat beside Kaoru and Sano took a seat beside Sayo. After eating their lunch, Sano and Sayo separated from the group and went to the school garden. The garden was full of fresh flowers. There were a bunch of pink tulips at the right side; there were red and white roses, and yellow daisies everywhere. “Why did you bring me here, Sano?” Sayo asked. Sano was thinking of a reason for her question. “I just wanted you to see this garden. I thought you'd like it.” He said. Sayo smiled. “I do like it. I never knew that there is a garden here in our school.” Sayo said. “This garden used to be at the front of the activity hall four years ago, but when the principal retired, his son, the new principal, thought that no one liked the garden so he asked some students to remove the garden there, and make a new small one at the back of the school. As time pass by, students forgot that there is a garden here in school.” Sano explained. Sayo was astonished as Sano told her the story about that small garden. “How did you know that?” Sayo asked. Sano smirked. “Well, I happen to be one of those students who replaced the garden.” Sano bragged. Sayo smiled and stared at the lovely flowers. “You're so sweet, thanks for showing me this garden.” Sayo said. In that moment, Sano can't resist to look at her. She was beautiful, her emerald eyes sparkling. Sayo being around the flowers made her much more beautiful. Sayo walked around the garden and smelled the flowers. “Sano, I have an idea.” She said. “Can we get a table and some chairs and make a small eating area here?” Sayo asked. Sano can't say no. “Well, okay.” In that instant, they rushed to a small garden shed and saw some old chairs and table there. They took it and placed those furniture to the garden. “We could eat here.” Sayo said, smiling. After decorating the small garden, they went back to their classes. After school, Sano told Sayo that he will walk with her to her house, to make sure that nothing bad will happen to her.