Samurai X Fan Fiction ❯ We are Destined ❯ Chapter 15

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Chapter 15
 
The next morning, Sano woke up early and went to the mall to buy some chocolates and flowers. Then he saw a teddy bear and bought it too.
 
Sayo was lying in her bed, as usual, staring at the window. She thought of Sano. Now she can't deny or hide her feelings and longing for him. She was all alone in her big spacious room. Someone suddenly knocked at her door. Sayo thought it was Sakura-san, their maid, because it was time for her breakfast. “Come in.” Sayo said. It wasn't the maid who entered the room, it was Sano. Sayo was surprised and happy to see him. Sano smiled and walked towards her. For the first time since she became ill, Sayo smiled and her eyes became vibrant again. “Flower and chocolates for you.” Sano said, smiling. He placed the bouquet of red roses and the box of chocolate at the side table beside Sayo's bed. “I didn't expect you'd come.” She said. “I wanted to surprise you.” Sano said. He sat down beside Sayo. Then he showed her the teddy bear he bought. Sayo smiled and giggled like a child. She took the bear and put it beside her. Sano held her soft hands.
“I missed you so much.” He said.
“Me too.” Sayo replied. Tears started to fall from her eyes.
“I'm sorry… I'm sorry for everything.” She added.
Sano wiped her tears. “You don't have to be sorry. It's all okay now.” He said.
He kissed Sayo on her forehead.
“I'm really sorry.” She repeated.
Sano looked into her eyes and smiled. “It wasn't your fault. Maybe that wasn't just the time for us. But now,” he paused. He brushed Sayo's hair and placed his hands on her cheeks. “But now we can start again.” He said.
Sayo smiled and nodded.
Since then, Sano always goes to Sayo's house early in the morning and walks her to the garden and stays there until dinner. He often read books and poetry to her. Shougo even asks Sano sometimes to stay the night in their house. Sayo grows stronger and stronger again until the doctor said that she is well again. Sano and Sayo became a wonderful couple. They both decided that after they graduate, they will announce their marriage.
 
After 4 years, they graduated and announced their marriage. Shougo funded everything for the marriage. Sano's parents arranged their honeymoon. The marriage ceremony was simple but elegant. Everyone close to them was there. Sano's best man was Kenshin and Sayo's bride's maids were Kaoru and Misao. After the ceremony, they had a party and celebrated.
 
When they came back from their honeymoon, Shougo made Sano one of his partners in his company. Sayo was very grateful to her brother for everything. Shougo insisted that they live in his mansion since it was where Sayo grew up and he wanted to be close to his sister's family. Sano worked hard and proved Shougo that he can be a good family man. After a few months, Sayo revealed in a dinner party that she is 2 months pregnant. Sano was shocked and surprised to the news that he is going to be a father. During her pregnancy, Sayo kept herself busy tending their garden and reading books, sometimes listening to music for her baby to hear. Sano would go home and spend his time making Sayo feel comfortable and talking to their baby in Sayo's womb. Shougo took a picture of Sano talking to Sayo's belly and enlarged the photo, bought a nice wooden picture frame and gave it to the couple as a gift.
 
After 7 more months, Sayo gave birth to a bouncing baby boy and named him Akira. Akira had beautiful emerald eyes just like his mom and brown hair which he got from his father. Sano and Sayo couldn't be happier as they felt the joy of being a parent.
 
The End.