Samurai X Fan Fiction ❯ We are Destined ❯ Chapter 14

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Chapter 14
 
It's been three months since that incident with Sano. Shougo noticed the change in his sister. He tried to talk to Sayo, but she just gave him a wry smile and changed the topic. Sayo was lying in her bed, thinking about to many things. She thought about Souzo. He hasn't sent her any letter for almost 8 months. She always tries to call his phone but there is no answer. She sent 10 emails to him, but he did not reply. She sat up, grabbed her cellphone and dialed Souzo's number. After a few rings, someone answered the phone.
“Hello.” The voice on the other line said. It was a woman's voice.
Sayo started to tremble. “Can I talk to Souzo?” she said.
A few silent minutes, then Souzo answered.
“Who's this?” Souzo asked.
“Souzo…it's me.” Sayo said.
Souzo instantly recognized the voice.
“Why didn't you answer my emails, my phone calls? And who was that woman.” She asked. She was already starting to cry.
“I'm sorry Sayo… I know I promised you that I will come back for you… but…” he paused.
“But what?”
“I found someone new.” He said.
Sayo started crying when she heard what Souzo said. Too shocked, she turned off her phone. “Sano was right.” She said to herself. She spent the rest of the night crying and trying to understand why Souzo did that to her. She felt so alone. On the other room, Shougo can hear his sister's sobs. He wanted to talk to her but she didn't open her door when Shougo knocked. Sayo didn't go out of her room for two days. Their house maid only leaves her meal at the door. Days and days passed. She haven't gone to school, she didn't get out of her room for too long, until one day, she fell ill because she often starved herself. Shougo began to worry. He used the keys to Sayo's door to open it. He found Sayo lying unconscious on her bed.
 
Months passed and Sayo was still ill. The doctor said that her lonely and depressed state keeps her from getting well. Kaoru and Misao visited her at her house every week and brought flowers and fruits everytime they visit Sayo. Every morning before Shougo goes to work, he walks Sayo around their garden to exercise her. Sayo would often stare at the flowers and thank her brother for helping her. Shougo always said that it was his job to make her happy.
***
On the other hand, Sano kept himself busy by going to a gym, grab a punching bag, and punch it until his fists get tired. He usually thinks about Sayo at night and wonder what would happen if they were together now. He misses her so much. His thoughts about Sayo were snapped out pf his mind when his cellphone rang. He jumped out of his bed and answered it.
“Hello.” He said
“Sano? I think you don't remember me anymore… I'm Sayo's brother, Shougo.” The voice on the other line said.
Sano was a bit surprised and wondered why Shougo called him.
“What do you want from me, Shougo?”
“Sayo is very sick.” Shougo said wearily.
Sano became overly concerned.
“She started to change when you had a fight. Then she found out that Souzo has another woman. That made her lock herself in her room. She starved herself. The doctor said that she isn't getting better because of her depression and loneliness.” Shougo explained.
“Why are you telling me all of this?” Sano asked.
“Because my sister always told me that it was a mistake to let you go. She blamed herself for what happened to the both of you.” He said.
“Well, since its vacation and I have nothing better to do, I guess I'll drop by there tomorrow.” Sano said.
“Thank you very much, Sano. Your visit would make my sister very happy.” Shougo said.
Then Shougo said good bye. Sano was very eager to visit Sayo and comfort her. “I'm coming for you tomorrow, my love.” He said to himself.