SD Gundam Fan Fiction ❯ Deed's Redemption ❯ Feeling Sorry ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]

AN: Hey, first chappy, cool. Ok, here's the first chapter, actually part way written before the prologue, lol! Anyway, please enjoy.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Feeling Sorry
Shining walked down the hallways of Lacroa castle towards Princess Rele's room. She reached the large double doors that had Lacroa designs carved into them along with the Lacroa word for `Princess'. It was a long time tradition that all crowned princess' stayed in this room, unless, of course there was a prince. At least that was what Shining was told.
She knocked on the door, “Princess, you called for me?” When Shining didn't get an answer she opened the door slightly, “Rele, are you here?”
Shining then heard a sigh come from inside the room and opened the door a bit more. She closed the door behind her as she entered. Shining walked around the giant canopy bed and saw Rele standing by the window overlooking her rose garden. She was wearing her usual blue dress with jewels only she had her hair down. Rele's dark blond/light brown hair reached to about her waist and was rather wavy due to being up in buns most of the time.
“Your Highness, is everything alright?” Shining asked walking closer to Rele.
“Please just call me Rele in private, Shining.” She answered, shakily.
“Alright.” Shining noticed Rele bite her lip and pain seep into her eyes. “Rele, What's wrong?”
Rele sniffed and pointed at a calendar on her wall. The date read March 15 and had a picture of a Princess Rose.
“Oh, Rele! It's the anniversary of your mother's death, isn't it?”
“It's been twelve years. Father has called for me and I don't-“ Rele couldn't finish her sentence and let some of her tears fall.
Shining watched the 17-year-old princess sadly wondering how to comfort the girl. She looked toward her vanity table and saw a purple brush with jewels on the handle. Shining grabbed the brush and the chair and brought it over to the sadden princess.
“Sit down.”
Rele turned and saw Shining standing behind the chair she sat in when her handmaidens did her hair in the morning. She wiped a few of her tears and sat down.
“You once told me your mother used to brush your hair. I hope it's alright that I do this once.” Shining said while running the brush though Rele's fine locks.
“It's fine.”
Shining and Rele fell into silence as her hair straightened out. “Do you have any idea what your father wants?” Shining asked after a while.
Rele shocked her head, “No.”
“So, your usual style?” Shining asked, finishing another pass though Rele's hair.
“Actually, no. I would like it mostly down.”
Shining hummed and looked at Rele's vanity again. There she saw a sliver barrette/clip with a jewel form of a Princess Rose. She went over and picked it up. “So, any specific style?”
“Something like this.” Rele said motioning with her hands that she wanted some of her hair that covered her ears to be pulled back and held in the back of her head.
“Alright.” Shining did just that and fastened Rele's hair with the barrette. “There, how's that?”
Rele stood and walked over to her mirror. She turned so that she could she what Shining had done. “It's perfect. Thank you.” She said, smiling slightly.
“Of course, Princess.” Shining said, bowing. “Shall we go see what your father wants?”
“Yes.”
Rele and Shining walked out of her room and started towards the throne room. While walking Rele asked, “Shining, where'd you learn to do human hair?”
“My mother taught me.” Shining answered.
Rele nodded and they continued their conversation as they went down the hall. Once at the throne room, Rele told Shining to wait outside the doors. She entered and walked over to her father, who was looking out a window.
“You wanted to see me, Father?”
“Yes.” King Lacroa turned to face his daughter and smiled softly, “You look so much like your mother.”
“Thank you, Father.” Rele said, her eyes shining with a few unshed tears.
King Lacroa sighed, “As you know you will be turning eighteen in a few months time.”
“Yes.”
“Once you do, you will be required to find a husband. I will give you one year from your birthday to do so. If you have not by then, I will choose for you. Do you understand?”
“I understand perfectly, Father.”
King Lacroa placed his hand softly on Rele's cheek, “Your mother would be so proud of you. Not only for this, but for what you have done for Lacroa.”
Rele placed her hand over her fathers, “I had help saving it.”
Unbeknownst to the king and princess a ghost of a once evil gundam watched from a window.
“Rele, my dear, I wish I could tell you how sorry I am. I let my feelings rule over my better judgment and now look at me,” Deed said, placing his forehead on the glass and slightly pounding it with a fist, not that it made a noise or anything, “I betrayed my kingdom, you, your father, and my best friend! Why can't I just let you know I'm sorry? So sorry.”
“Perhaps you can.”
“Wha?” The ghost of Deed was then transported to what looked to be the inside of a cloud.
Deed looked around, trying to find the cause of what brought him here.
“Are you truly sorry for what you did?” Asked the voice again.
“Who's there?! Show yourself!”
“Hmm…alright.” A female human suddenly appeared thought the mist. But at a closer inspection, she looked to be slowly changing into a gundam.
“Who?” Deed mumbled.
“I am the Goddess of Lacroa.” She answered.
“The Goddess…”
“Now answer my question, please.”
“Of course I'm sorry! I let myself be consumed by my love and made myself believe if I took over Lacroa, Rele would love me. But I was wrong! I know that now! I just want them to know how terribly sorry I am!”
“Saying sorry isn't enough to redeem yourself. You need to prove it.”
“How?”
“By passing my tests.”
“But I'm dead! How can I do that!?”
“You won't be dead for long.” The Goddess said, waving her hand toward Deed, blinding him with a bright white light.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Ta-dah! The first chappy in DR. I own nothing but Shining and The Goddess. See you at the next chapter! R&R! I hate my title.