SD Gundam Fan Fiction ❯ Deed's Redemption ❯ New Beginning ( Chapter 2 )

[ A - All Readers ]

A.N.: Chapter 2! Yay! Let's see what's going on.
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
New Beginning
The light faded and Deed found himself in a forest next to a lake. He winched and groaned as he sat up and rubbed his head.
“Ow! Did she have to make the landing so hard?” He asked himself as he ran his hand though his hair.
Wait…hair? Deed moved his away from his head and saw a human hand. He got up and stumbled over to the edge of the lake, where a human male with dark green hair and blue eyes stared back at him.
“What The Hell?!?!”
“Now, now, it isn't nice to curse.” Said The Goddess's voice.
Deed's reflection turned into the face of The Goddess that looked more gundam like than before.
“I'M HUMAN!!!”
“Indeed you are. Most knight gundams do not reincarnate but if they do, they become humans,” She said calmly, “That and if you came back as a gundam the people of Lacroa would most likely be afraid of you, since you are suppose to be dead.”
“Then how can I apologize?”
“By convincing them it's you. By passing my tests.”
Deed sighed and dropped onto his knees, “Fine. What am I suppose to do?”
The Goddess smiled, “I will give you nine months to redeem yourself, pass the tests, and make Princess Rele fall in love with you. If you cannot do that by the end of nine months, than you will forever be a Mmn and never be able to be with Her Highness.”
Deed gulped but nodded.
“Good. Your first and second test will involve the town of Caspian. First you must convince them you are a prince from a far away land, that is looking for a new kingdom and you would like to help them. Then you must help them make their town what it once was, and turn it into a kingdom. Once you have done that, I will give you your next test. Also be on the lookout for my messenger.” Her face disappeared but her voice remained, “You are now known as Prince Donatello.” Her voice then faded.
Deed sighed and closed his eyes, taking it all in. He was once a powerful knight gundam of Lacroa, now he had to help this town get back on their feet apparently, and he was human. He sighed again and stood up. He looked down at his reflection, trying to get use to it. Like he noticed before, he had dark green hair, blue eyes, and a somewhat tan complexion. He was wearing a light green button up shirt, dark green pants, a slightly lighter green belt, and black boots. He also had a cape about the same color as his old one and a thin silver circlet with a small purple stone in the center wrapped around his head.
“Well I guess I should go find this Caspian place.” He said to himself.
Deed turned and started to walk on a path leading out of the forest, a hand resting on the sword that was resting on his hip. He started to think how he was going to convince the residents of Caspian he was a prince.
`What kind of name is Donatello anyway?' He thought, `Kind of stupid. Like Daniel, or David, or…Duo!' Deed shook his, trying to get rid of the negative thoughts. `I can't think like that! It won't help me.'
He stood straighter and started to walk with a more confident air about him. From here on out he was going to be Prince Donatello, he winced, Prince Don, that sounded better.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Deed exited the forest finding barren fields to both his right and left. He turned and saw a grouping of dilapidated buildings, and started walking towards them. As he walked closer he found a very faded sign, that was half eaten away and tipped. The writing was almost blended into the wood but Deed could just make out the word `Caspian'.
“Guess this is it.”
Deed walked up the almost non-existent path and entered the town. The houses he saw all had broken windows, caved in roofs, multiple holes and other damages. There were broken tools and shingles, holey buckets, and other such junk littering the ground. The only thing missing were people.
`Is this place even populated?' He thought. Deed reached a well in the center of town. It had half of the frame for its roof, broken stones, no crank, and a tattered piece of moldy rope barely hanging on. “Is it even full?” Deed wondered out loud. In the silence of the town, Deed heard something akin to digging.
He followed the sound, to where the houses thinned out into fields of barren and dry land. Out toward the center of a field was an old man vividly trying to dig up fresh soil with a hoe. Deed adjusted his cape to come around his shoulders, to try to hide his sword a bit. He started making his way in-between the fields going toward the elderly man. Said elderly man suddenly feel on his knees, gasping for breath. Before Deed could get over there, a young woman ran over and seemed to be scolding the old man.
“Excuse me!” Deed yelled, jogging a bit to get closer.
The young woman, how had brown hair and eyes, looked up and glared at Deed. She heaved the old man up on her shoulder and started to walk away as quickly as she could.
“Wait! I just want to talk!”
“Go away! This town is no place for your people!” She shouted back.
“I can help!” Deed said, trying to catch up with the girl, who was apparently faster than she looked.
The girl kept walking, going as fast as she could with the old man. Deed followed trying to keep up with her. She went back into town and started going toward what looked to be the main hall in the town. Before Deed could get in close enough to stop her, he was stopped by different types of garden tools pushed into his face by other men of the town.
“I mean no harm!” Deed cried, holding his hands up in surrender.
“What do ye want?!” One of the men, someone holding a shovel, asked.
“To help.” Deed answered.
More people had come out of the main hall building and some of the ones surrounding it. Deed noticed that most were in dirty, ragging clothes and that they didn't have shoes. A few others had very slightly better clothes and sandals. The girl he had been following handed the old man to some other women and started to come over to the `guards'.
“Why do you want to help us?” She asked, putting her hands on her hips.
“Don't come to close, Gwen. We don't know when he'll draw that sword of his.” A different guy said.
“I want to help because…well...I need somewhere to call home. And your town seems perfect.”
“Ha! Our town is dying, why would someone like you want to call here home?”
“I see potential.”
The girl, Gwen, looked at Deed and held her hand up, “Lower the weapons.”
“But-“ Many of the men protested.
“Just do it!”
After the `weapons' were lowered, Deed inwardly relaxed. “Come on. You'll talk to my father. He'll decided whether you stay or not.”
Deed followed Gwen inside the main hall and to a small, dimly lit room. There we're a few women sitting there, either cleaning something or tending to a few sickly people. At the back of the room sat woman who looked like an older Gwen sitting by a very grey man in perhaps his mid to late forties. His skin was wrinkled and he looked to be malnourished. Gwen sat down beside him and took a rag from a water basin, putting it on his head.
“Father, I've brought an outsider who says he would like to stay here and help us. I believe he is royalty.”
“Let him stand by me.” Despite being bedridden, he had very good speaking skills. Perhaps he was as sick as Deed thought.
“Sir,” Deed said sitting by him, “I am Prince Donatello from…Merlania. I wish to stay here and help.”
“Now why would a prince want to help a poor town like us?”
“I-I…to tell you the truth I feel I need to. To repent for some past deeds that I am not proud of.” Deed answered, bowing his head.
Gwen's father gazed at Deed and then turn his head toward the ceiling. “Guinevere. Take Prince Donatello to an empty room please.”
“Yes Father.”
“Please just call me Prince Don.”
“Very well.”
Deed followed Gwen out of the impromptu infirmary and down a crumbling hallway. She opened a fairly rotted door and entered a small room, void of anything except some torn and tattered blankets and a small cracked side table.
“Sorry it isn't much.”
“No, it's fine. Now, can you please tell me what's the worse of your problems?”
“You're going to start now? Don't you want to rest first?”
“No! I came here to make this town a kingdom, and I'm going to start now.” Deed said firmly, causing Gwen's eyes to widen. “Please just let us get started, I'm sure you would like to see this town back to the way it was.”
Gwen nodded, “Yes. Alright, let's get started.”
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Hours later when the twin moons were high, Deed walked into his room and closed the door with a sigh. It had taken a while for he and Gwen to convince some of the townsmen to help them clean up some of the debris surrounding the houses. After that they had tried to sort it for some usable items. It wasn't much help, most was unusable.
Deed laid out one of the old blankets on the floor, it wasn't much help. He walked to the window and gazed outside when a thought struck him. He wondered why it didn't occur to him earlier. Perhaps it was because The Goddess hadn't said anything. Deed found a chipped bowl in the drawer of the side table and set it on top. He held his hands above it and concentrated. He felt the familiar sensation of warmth spread though him and chanted softly.
“Mana, who dwells across the land…”
A soft blue glow surrounded the bowl and when it faded it was no longer cracked. Deed smiled softly and held the bowl. It felt nice to do that again. He shook his head, no time to get caught up in the past. Deed dusted of the flat pillow and laid down on his makeshift bed.
`Soon, Rele. I will become you prince charming.' With that Deed fell into a deed, well deserved sleep.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
So had slight writers block for the second half of this. But look I finished! Anyway hope you enjoyed and the third chapter will be up soon.
I own the Goddess, `Caspian', and its inhabitants.
Bandai owns Deed.