SD Gundam Fan Fiction ❯ Deed's Redemption ❯ Invitation ( Chapter 3 )

[ A - All Readers ]

A.N. Ta-dah! Beware of…well nothing to beware of here. Please enjoy.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Invitation
A knight rode his horse fast over the vast expense of landscape coming toward what appeared to be a castle in a tree. He followed the path into the kingdom of Lacroa and started to make his way to the castle. He rode past many townspeople and soon arrived at the gates. Getting off the horse he told the guard who he was and entered the court yard as the gates opened. Once inside he was almost burned to a crisp.
“Fenn!”
The blue puffball, also known as the Feather Dragon, stopped his assault on the knight and flew over to his Master/Partner/Father figure.
“I'm sorry, he's still learning the faces of some knights.”
“It isn't a problem, Sir Zero. I have my reports for the King. Do you happen to know if he is free to hear them?”
“Hmm…let us find out.” Zero started going in the castle, the knight following him, wry of the Feather Dragon in small form.
Once inside, it was obvious that there were preparations taking place. Maids were hanging banners, pinning up curtains, fixing lights, and other such tasks.
“I see things in preparation for Princess Relehimana's birthday are doing well.” Commented the knight.
“Indeed they are.” Zero said back, `If only Princess Rele was.'
In Rele's room, the only word to described what was going on would be hectic. Dresses were thrown on the floor, bed, the dresser. Jewelry was tangled on the vanity, perfume bottles were tipped over. And a certain princess was pacing around her room, in a dress slip, her hair was tangled and disheveled, and she kept saying nothing was perfect.
“Rele, your birthday isn't for a little over a month. You don't have to worry so much.” Shining said, picking up a chair that Rele knocked over.
“But I can't help it! There's going to be princes at it!”
“You've had princes at other balls.”
“But this time they'll be suitors. And I'll have to choose one to be my husband! I-I-I just can't do it! Tell Father I've died from stress!” Rele said, falling onto her bed with an arm over her eyes.
“How about this one?!” Sayla, who was visiting from Neotopia, asked coming out of Rele's closet. She was holding up a baby blue ball gown, with light blue, almost white, accents and lace around the high collar, sleeves and skirt.
Rele uncovered her eyes and looked at the dress, “No, I wore that one to a picnic celebration in Ark. I need to wear something that's…perfect!”
“Well what about one of the new ones from the tailor?” Offered Shining.
“No! None of them are what I'm looking for!” Rele flew off her bed and over to the window, “The thing is I don't know what I'm looking for!”
“Well, I have an idea.” Said Sayla.
“Will it help with my stress?!”
“Well…no. But it will help with your dress problem.”
“What it is?” Rele asked, going over and grabbing Sayla.
“Why don't we ask Kay?”
“Kay?”
“Ah, yes, Kay's mother is a fashion designer, and Kay's not that bad either.” Said Shining.
Rele seemed to think for a moment, “Perhaps it wouldn't hurt to ask?”
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
“Your Majesty, The scout has returned with his report. Are you free to hear them?” Zero asked, coming into the king's study.
“Ah, yes. Let him in.”
The knight entered and bowed to the king, “Your Majesty, I've come home to report everything is in order and also I have an interesting piece of information.”
“About?” Asked the King.
“The town of Caspian. It seems to be coming out if it's depression.”
“How so?”
“According to rumors going about, there seems to be a prince from a far away land helping them. He wants to turn Caspian into a kingdom.”
“Hmm…a prince…I see…Go to Caspian and see if any of the rumors you've heard are true. If so extended an invitation to Rele's birthday party. Also mention I would like to meet him.”
“Yes, sir!” The knight said, saluting to the king.
“You may rest for a day before going out.”
“Uh…Thank you, Your Majesty.”
The knight bowed again, before leaving the study. The king sat down wondering about who could be the prince helping a poor town.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
The fields of Caspian were actually starting to look like fields again. The soil was still light brown and dry but it was getting moister with all the water they brought from the lake. Not only were the fields getting better a few houses were as well. Deed had taken a few of the stronger males into the forest where they had to cut down a few trees. The main building they were concentrating on most was the Healers, so there was better place to put the sick. Deed had only been here a few weeks and the town was quickly coming out of its rut.
Currently Deed was in the fields, hoeing the dirt, trying to bring up some natural soil to mix in with the dryer dirt. As Deed worked, the muscles in his arms and stomach clenched and became taunted then they already were. He wasn't too built, not like some of the men here, but he had enough prominent muscles that when he worked without a shirt, some of the women of the town would come a stare. That in itself made Deed feel a little odd, at least he knew Rele might be impressed.
Sticking the hoe into the ground, Deed popped his back as he stood up. He sighed as surveyed Caspian, he never thought he would be human helping a poor town get back on its feet. Deed took a deep breath, no time to be thinking of that, he had work to do. He readied the hoe into his hands again, when one of the men came running up.
“Prince Don! There's someone approaching the town! It looks like a gundam!”
“What? Ok, I'll be there in moment.” Deed said, running over to where he placed his shirt, cape and sword.
He mind was racing, what would a gundam be doing here? Most of the gundams close to Lacroa were gone, apart from Zero. Maybe this was the Goddess' messenger? Slipping his arms thought his shirt, he fastened his cape around his shoulders, trying to look somewhat put together.
Some of the other men on watch turned and nodded to Deed as he walked by. Once he made it to the edge of town, he could make out a gundam figure coming closer.
“Your Highness, what shall we do?” Asked on the other men.
“Uh..I'll go talk to the gundam. And see what he or she wants.”
“But-“
“I'll shout if I need help.” With that Deed went to greet their guest.
The gundam stopped as it saw Deed approached and waited for him to be in hearing range. As Deed got closer he noticed what the gundam looked like. It had white, slightly knight shaped armor, with pink accents. The shoulder armor was slightly curled and the `skirt' looked like rose petals. It's gunsoul was a dark pink along with its cape. It had pink eyes and it's headpiece looked like a large rose with a pink gem in the center. The cape also had rose petals on it. This gundam was most likely a girl.
“Who are you?” Deed asked.
“Who are you?” The gundam asked. Yep defiantly a girl.
“I am Prince Don of Caspian. This town. Now answer me.”
“I mean who are you really.”
Deed's eyes widen, how did…? He sighed, `Well here's hoping this is right.' “I am Deed and ex-knight of Lacroa.”
“Good. I am The White Rose Knightess, Tanya. I am the Goddess' messenger as well as your new bodyguard.”
`Will just see about that.' Deed thought. “Why don't we continue this conversation in the town?”
Tanya nodded, “Very well.”
They walked back to the town, the men giving suspicious glares to Tanya. Deed stopped and gestured toward her. “This is Tanya. She comes from another town and wishes to help here.”
“Yes. I would be very grateful if you'd let me stay.”
“We've never had a gundam before.” Said one man.
“And especially since what happened in the Lacroa…”One man trailed off.
“I understand you won't trust me at first, but I promise I am only here to help you. You can test me for my loyalty if you wish?”
“There will be none of that right now. I'm going to go talk to Tanya for a moment, please take a break for a bit. I'll be back.”
Deed and Tanya walked though the town heading toward the main hall where they could talk a tad more privately. A few children ran past them, with Gwen chasing them.
“Gwen!” Deed called out.
“Yes, Prince Don?” She asked.
“How's your father?”
“Oh! Much better. Not well enough to walk yet, but he looks so much healthier.”
“Good. Oh, will you please go take some water to the sentries?”
“Sure.” And she ran off.
“She is a good child.” Commented Tanya.
“She is. Come this way.” Deed led the way into the Main Hall and into a small meeting room.
They had yet to start repairing the Main Hall, since Deed said in was more important to rebuild the houses and shops first.
“So, What does the Goddess have to say?” Deed asked.
Tanya nodded her head, “Don't waste time do you? The Goddess is very proud of what you've done in such a short time. You are well into completing your second task, and she says she'll contact you soon about your third one.”
Before Deed could respond a little boy with dirty blonde hair ran in. “Prince Don! Prince Don! You gotta come quick! There's a knight from Lacroa here!”
“Wha…? I'll be there in one moment. Well if you're gonna be my bodyguard you might as well come too.” Deed said to Tanya as he quickly buttoned up his shirt and tucked it in.
Walking quickly back to the edge of town, Deed noticed the knight getting off his horse and letting a few of the kids pet it.
“This is quite a surprise.” He said, walking up.
“I assume you are the prince here?” Asked the knight.
“Yes, I'm Prince Don.” Deed said, holding out his hand.
The knight ignored it and bowed instead, “I come from Lacroa on the orders of my king. He has asked me to come see if the rumors we've heard are true. Also I am here to invite you to Princess Relehimana's birthday party, which is in one month's time.” The knight handed over a decorated envelope, “All eligible princes are invited.”
“I see.” Deed said, taking the invitation.
The knight started to get back on his horse, “Your presences had also been requested by my king. He wishes to meet you.”
“Then I'll see what I can do.” Deed said.
“I'll also see what I can do about getting some livestock here. Along with a few horses.”
Deeds eyes widened a bit, “I see, thank you.”
The knight nodded, “You're welcome, Sir.” With that the knight, having done his business, turned his horse around and took off.
As Deed watched the knight ride off he asked Tanya a question, “You said you were the White Rose Knightess, correct?”
“Yes.”
“How fast can you grow one?”
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Yay! Chapter 3 done! My muse decided to sleep for a while so this didn't come out as fast as I wanted. Anyway I own the Goddess, Caspian, it's inhabitants, Tanya and Shining.
Bandai owns Deed, Lacroa, Rele, The king, Zero and Fenn.