SD Gundam Fan Fiction ❯ Hate, Love, and Flaming Roses ❯ The Flame of the Rose Is Dead ( Chapter 14 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

The Flame of the Rose is Dead

Bakunetsumaru knelt in front of a stone as he cupped his hands together in a ritual prayer. In front of the stone was a bouquet of flowers. It was of white roses. He opened his eyes, which were glassy and poignant. He put his hands down and sighed.

" I'm so sorry…" He turned looked up at the stone.

He took a deep breath to steady himself.

" Zero the Winged Knight. A vigilant warrior of Lacroa who shall never be forgotten," was engraved into the marble.

" Oh, Zero…" Baku hiccupped back a whimper. " Y…you were always so good to me, even if I never did really realize it. And all the times we fought weren't so bad either…" He laughed dryly. " …Deep down, you really did care for me….You would do…anything for me…" A tear trickled down his cheek. " You gave up your life for me in the end because you thought I was dead. And I'll….I'll…." He squinted his eyes as he tried to resist the flood of emotions that wanted to break through. He lost, and broke down crying on Zero's grave.

" I'm so sorry--! I-I never got to tell show that…that…" He took a few minutes to calm himself down.

"…That I love you too…" He coughed out a sob. " Oh god…I wish you didn't have to die, Zero…." He whipped his eyes. " You remember when you said how you wanted flowers on your grave if you died? …Well….here they are…" He looked down at the white roses.

" They're not princess roses, but I think they will do just nicely, right?" His heart ached terribly after the fight. He wish he could just kill himself to make it stop. But he knew that would make things worse since Zero wanted him to keep living.

" I love you so much…and I will always remember you forever…." He then glanced up to see Captain and Shute standing at the gates, waiting for him. They would have come in, but Baku wanted to be alone for this. He had to make up for missing his funeral after all. He was too emotionally broken to attend it yesterday.

" I'm sorry for not being here yesterday…but you understand, right?" He sighed. Shute was whipping away tears like he was. " Zero…I want to make a promise to you; I will carry out your mission to save your beloved Lacroa, free your princess and protect everyone. I will tell your story and make sure everyone remembers your name…" He dug his hands into the dirt.

" And I'll make Kibaomaru, Kikumon, and Cobramaru pay with their lives…"

Baku stood up, then slowly walked to where the others were.

" You okay, Baku? Shute asked. Baku looked down at his human friend and managed to smile. " Yes, I am. Let's go home now." The three of them exited the graveyard. But baku glanced back at the grave one last time before they were out of sight.

` I hope you like your flowers.' He thought. ` And I hope we'll be together again…'

Little did Bakunetsumaru know that his venture into this war was only the beginning. Soon, he will know more in depth about his new sister, and the secrets and betrayals that are waiting for him and the others….

~~~

Okay, in the next/ last chapter, the title was inspired by the song Angel's Kiss by…Angel's Kiss! ^^; If you haven't heard it, GO AND LISTEN NOW! It's a pretty song. All instumental-ish but sooooo preeeetyyyyy!!! ^^