SD Gundam Fan Fiction ❯ Hate, Love, and Flaming Roses ❯ Angel's Kiss ( Epilogue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Angle's Kiss

Bakunetsumaru felt a rose petal brush against his cheek as he slept. He opened his eyes slowly and looked about him. It was raining blue-violet petals in a white vast land. He stuck a hand out and grabbed a petal. He looked at it, and his eyes filled with suffering.

" Zero…" he sighed, his voice slightly echoing in the white nothingness. He looked up, then saw something in the distance.

Curious, Bakunetsumaru walked towards the object. As he got closer, the figure became more and more clear, and that made Bakunetsumaru's eyes widen. He picked up his pace until he was running to it.

" Zero!!" He called. " Zero!!"

`

Zero turned his head to the side as his back was turned to the samurai, his cape fluently waving as the petals continued to rain softly. He then turned to Bakunetsumaru. Baku stopped suddenly when he was only five feet away.

" Zero? Is that really you?" Baku asked, choking back the urge to break into tears. Zero nodded.

" Yes, my love. It is I." They stood there for a few moments, then Bakunetsumaru ran up to Zero and flung himself on the knight. " Zero!" He cried. " Oh god…I thought I'd never see you again...!" Tears threatened to appear in Baku's eyes as he buried his face on Zero's shoulder. Zero wrapped his arms around the red and white Gundam.

" There, there," Zero cooed while holding him. " It's alright…"

" N-no, it's not! I let you die, Zero…!" Baku sobbed. " I let you die!!"

" There was nothing you could've done; it was my choice. I only have but one regret…" he lifted Bakunetsumaru's head to meet his eyes. " …Leaving you." Bakunetsumaru squinted back more tears.

" Zero, I'm sorry…I really love you too! I was just…scared…a-and that's why I didn't tell you earlier…you know b-before…"he trailed off.

" We both were scared, Baku-chan," Zero said with a smile. " But there is nothing to fear anymore."

" I want to stay with you, Zero." Baku placed his head on Zero's shoulder again. " I want to be with you." Zero shook his head sadly.

" I wish you could, but you cannot. You must return soon."

" No!!" Baku straitened up and looked at Zero with determination and pain. " I don't want to lose you again! I don't care about anything else, as long as I have you again!"

Zero stood there, speechless. He sighed finally. " What about Captain and Shute? Guneagle...and the others? What about Ark?"

Baku stared at him, then tried to say something. Words couldn't form and he just looked away. " They'll miss you, too."

Baku nodded. " Yeah…but…I just…." He started crying again. " Why can't I be with you too?! Why?!? This isn't fair, Zero!!" Zero held Baku's hands in his and leaned his forehead against the samurai's.

" I know….life was never fair, and it never will be. Fate and destiny has decreed this."

" Screw --them then!" Baku spat in between sobs.

" Bakunetsumaru, you hot-head…they won't be able to keep me away from you fully. No power can." He put Baku's hands up to his mouth plate and kissed them. " I may not be with you physically, but I will be with you in your heart and soul."

Baku blinked, then giggled. " You know how overused that line is?" Zero laughed. " Yes, I see your point. But it is true." He wrapped his arms around him once more. " …I love you, Bakunetsumaru the Blazing Samurai of my heart."

" I love you too, Zero the Winged Knight..."

Zero leaned over and touched his mouth plate with his. This was a bit different from human kissing, since they didn't have the kind of mouths they had. Bakunetsumaru felt a kind of electrical surge go through his mouth cover, and through his body. It was warm, and so blissful. He never wanted this moment to end. All the suffering he felt before had suddenly washed away, and was replaced by the love he had for Zero.

Zero broke away, leaving Baku in a dazed state.

" No…don't stop…" Baku pleaded softly. Zero nuzzled Baku's neck tenderly. " I don't want to," he admitted, feeling Bakunetsumaru blush. He leaned back.

" Baku, I must take my leave now…" he informed him sadly. " What?! No, you can't leave!" Baku grabbed Zero's right arm. " Not again!"

" Oh perfect mortal of my endless love," Zero sighed. " We shall meet again, I promise." He then grinned. " Screw the fates if they don't wish it to be." Baku couldn't help but laugh. Zero kissed Bakunetsumaru again, then turned away.

" I love you," Baku said, still hanging onto Zero's arm. " And I love you….always and forever more…" Zero's arm glided out of Baku's grasp as he started to walk into the white void; the petals still dancing through the air.

" Listen to my heart, can you hear it sing…" Baku sung softly as he watched Zero walk away slowly. " Telling me to give you everything…." He choked back a sob. " …Seasons may change; winter to spring…."

Zero turned to look at Bakunetsumaru one more time; his eyes were streaming with tears.

" …But I love you," Zero finished for Baku, " Until the end of….time…."

*******************************************

Bakunetsumaru woke up on his bed, facing the ceiling. Tears stained his face.

" C-come what may…" he sniveled. " Come what may…I will love you until my d-dying day…" He put a hand to his chest, then closed his eyes, letting all the tears come out.

" I'll love you beyond that, Zero…I'll find you again…"

~~~~~

That is the end of Hate, Love and Flaming Roses everyone! This didn't turn out as well as I wanted it too, but I know the next series will be better…well, in my op anyway. >.> I dunno if May would count it as part of the contest or not though. ^^; Eeep…Hope so! lol

*Tries to hide from ppl trying to kill her* O.o WAAA! Erm---d-don't worry, the sequel will be up soon and there will be something in there to make up for Zero's death! I hope >.> ( The song the two were singing was from Mullin Rouge, not Angel's Kiss. ( I thought they should sing that song sicne it's one of my faves. :p) Love you all! Bye bye!! *hides*

PS---Thanks for all the reviews!!! ^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^