SD Gundam Fan Fiction ❯ Memories of the Abyss ❯ "We've Found Her..." ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Well ladies and gents, it's that time again, time to conjure up another fic! I've been waiting for such a long time to get this one ready, so I hope it's good. As most of you may know, I'm a huge `Titanic' fan, not a fan of the movie, but the ship. It peeked my interest when I was about seven, so I thought that I should do a `Titanic' related fic. And I'm sorry if the updates on `SHOCK: Continued' and `I Hate My Name!' is taking so long. I've kind of hit a writer's block for both of them. ^^;
 
Baku: I have a question… 9_9
 
Me: Well out with it man! :O
 
Baku: This isn't going to be like the movie is it? T_T
 
Oh heck no! Ladies and gents, I really do like the movie but I find that some parts are over dramatic. I'll try to steer away from the whole Hollywood scene for ya'll. Well, I'll cut the talk and get on with the prologue!
 
DISCLAIMER: Only Chaos and the ship that is mentioned in this fic belong to me. Other wise, the original S.D.G. characters belong to Bandai and the White Star Line belongs to England (sadly, it doesn't exist anymore because it merged with Cunard Line… A little history lesson there for you guys).
 
* ~ * ~ * ~ *
 
Memories of the Abyss
Prologue: “We've Found Her…”
 
The waves of the Atlantic Ocean smashed against a small research vessel, tossing it about as it lowered and odd looking camera into the sea. Crew members struggled to keep their footing with each and ever pitch that the small ship made, getting sprayed with sea water as they attempted to do their jobs.
 
Mean while, a women played with her long, brown hair as she studied multiple photographs from inside the vessel and safe from the viscous weather outside. She adjusted her small reading glasses as she flipped through pictures of a large stair case and elegant rooms.
 
“What a ship this must've been,” she whispered under her breath, “If only I could find her.”
 
All of a sudden a voice came from the walkie-talkie that was set on top of a t.v. monitor, “Professor Joyce, the Deep V.C. is on its way to the bottom.”
 
“Good.” She flipped on the screen and saw what eh camera saw, deep, endless blue water. She folded her arms and watched the screen get darker and darker as the system gently floated deeper into the dark abyss.
 
Two hours later the camera reached the bottom and a group of about five scientists walked into the same room and Joyce, taking a seat at their own t.v. monitor. “O.k. everybody, we don't have much time to locate this thing and our employer isn't a patient man. Inform me if you see anything, even a piece of coal. Got it?” All of them nodded and went straight to work, putting their faces up to the screen.
 
Another three hours passed by and still, nothing. They thought they spotted something at one point everyone jumped in the air and ripped out the champagne, but only to realize it was just a rock. Their enthusiasm was crushed and many of them pleaded to the professor to give up.
 
“Professor Joyce I think I've got something!”
 
Everyone immediately left their posts and crowded around the excited woman, pointing at the screen as they examined the sea floor.
 
“Oh look, that looks like steel!” One exclaimed.
 
“Look at all the coal too, this could be it!” Another cheered.
 
Joyce loomed over them and stared at the screen as well, “Don't get too excited, this could the Titanic wreck site-”
 
All of a sudden, a large figure loomed out of the shadows. It looked much like the Titanic but there wasn't an ounce of rust and the paint was still visible. Everyone jumped up and cheered, finally fizzing up the champagne and talking loudly.
 
But amidst the commotion and cheering, Joyce's world remained silent as she continued to stare at the once great ship, “I can't believe it,” she gasped, “We've found her.”
 
* ~ * ~ * ~ *
 
So what's going on here and how does this have to do with the Gundam Force? All of you will find out later! So how was this, good, bad, corny? Please let me know if I should continue! :D
 
T, T, F, N, ta, ta, for now ! ^_~