SD Gundam Fan Fiction ❯ Memories of the Abyss ❯ The Missing Link ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Me: Bored, bored, bored, bored, bored, bored, bor-
 
Zapper: What are you doing? 7_7
 
Me: I dunno, saying the word `bored' `cause I'm bored. =_=
 
Zapper: Well find something to do! >:l
 
Me: I don't know what to do *points to bedroom wall which is covered in holes* I already smashed my head through a wall at least a dozen times. And to be honest, that's the most entertaining thing that I could think of. v_v
 
Zapper: Pathetic… T_T
 
Hey guys, it's true, I'm bored to tears. But hey, I got my license and my car! Squeee!! XD Yup, when I got home after my test I slapped a bumper sticker on my car and it says `Pirate Girl'. Yes ladies and gentlemen, I'm a pirate born 300 years too late. ^_~ Sorry that this review took so long, I hit a writers block. -_-0 But I do hope that you enjoy this chapter *rips out a gun* or ELSE!!! >:O
 
DISCLAIMER: I don't own the original Gundam Force, but I do own Chaos Cammerce, the Titanica, the Emerald Isles, Professor Joyce, and Professor Hill. I own a lot…But Bandai still owns more. Curse you Bandai!!!! XO
 
* ~ * ~ * ~
 
Memories of the Abyss
Chp.1: The Missing Link
 
Professor Joyce flipped through some pictures of ship builders standing in front of a huge wall of steel formally known as the Titanica. She and a colleague of hers were shopping in Neotopia to get some more supplies such as food, medical supplies, and possibly some D.V.D.s for entertainment for their crew. Lucky for them Neotopia's port wasn't too far away from the wreck site that they were studying earlier.
 
“Aren't you ever going to stop looking at those?” Joyce took her blue eyes off the pictures for a second and met the gaze of her colleague, Professor Hill. His dark brown eyes were tense and keen, and his black bangs hung in his face.
 
She cleared her throat nervously a little bit, fumbling with the pictures, “I was just comparing the people in the pictures to the people here.”
 
“Why would you do that?” he questioned as they entered a grocery store, “I highly doubt that any survivors stuck around here.”
 
“You never know Trevor; I mean how many people would probably be willing to go on another ship after the one that they went on just sank?”
 
He picked up a box of cereal and read the contents on it, “That's a good point, but many of them probably wanted to go back to their families for comfort. I do like your enthusiasm Autum, but you have to get with reality.”
 
She dropped her head, “I know, I know, I'm an over-achiever. But if a survivor from the guarantee group doesn't step forward then the ship will be handed over to salvagers, I don't know about you but I don't want people ripping that wreck apart.”
 
“I understand, but all of the guarantee group members are dead. We'll just have to get a document passed by the Emerald Isles and Neotopia to protect it.”
 
Professor Joyce pulled out the picture of the guarantee group again and looked at it. Six figures stood proudly on the deck of the Titanica with their arms folded and smiling proudly. But only one stuck out and they were a gundum, the first one in years to make the group. She stroked her fingers gently over the picture and sighed, `But by the time the bill is passed, there will be nothing left of her…'
 
“Chaos!”
 
Joyce jumped a bit, startled by the sudden out burst. She lifted her head and saw a black gundam run up to a group of about three more gundams and boy, “Where have I seen that gundam before?” She looked at the picture and immediately froze, today was her lucky day.
 
Shute put his hands on his hips and frowned, “Where in the world did you go, we really got worried about you for a sec!”
 
The Dark Axian laughed nervously and held up a gallon of milk, “I had a hard time finding the milk, sorry.” She placed the gallon in the cart and began walking with her friends.
 
“No prob, just try to stay close to us next time.” The boy answered as he began pushing the cart.
 
Chaos frowned, “How come? Those goons wouldn't try to pull a fast one out in broad daylight.”
 
Better safe than sorry, that was my mother's motto.” Baku added as they all walked up to the cash register, had their food accounted for and placed in bags.
 
Captain picked up the two bags and led everyone outside, “Yes, until we are sure that the Commander does not need your services anymore you must be extra careful. Agree?”
 
She nodded, “Agreed.”
 
Zero had decided that it was time to change the subject. He looked to the sky and took in a deep breath of air, “It's a beautiful day isn't it?”
 
Everyone looked up as well, fluffy clouds floated passively by and a breeze blew through the trees that were lined up in the cement in front the stores. Just as Shute was about to make a comment, the sound of shoes could be heard running up behind them.
 
“Wait, please!” Joyce wheezed as she caught up to the gundams. When she got to them, she placed her hands on her knees in an attempt to catch her breath.
 
Baku cocked an eyebrow, “Do we know you?”
 
“No,” she replied, “But I know her.” She pointed to Chaos and then stood up straight, “I need to talk with you.”
 
Chaos waved her hands, “But I don't know you, how in the world do you know me?”
 
Joyce presented the picture to Chaos and pointed it. Chaos's pupils shrank and she gingerly took the picture, trembling as past memories filled her head. The others were so busy talking to Joyce that they didn't notice the tears welling up in Chaos's eyes.
 
“I'm sorry,” Captain apologized to the young professor, “But I believe that you have the wrong-”
 
He stopped when Chaos took a step forward and met Joyce's eyes, “Where-where did you get this picture? It seemed like forever since I've last seen it.”
 
Shute looked over her shoulder, “What in the world are you talking about?” He looked at the picture and noticed the mecha standing in the middle of the group of taller men, “Chaos, is that you?”
 
“Yes, it was.”
 
Joyce smiled and folded her hands like and angel, “Great, because I'm going to need your help. All of you pack your bags and meet me at dock five in two hours.”
 
The team looked to each other, what in the world was in store for them.
 
* ~ * ~ * ~ *
 
Two hours had passed since the force had met Joyce, and now they were standing on the dock waiting for… Well, they didn't know. There were a couple ships docked there, one was a research vessel, another was a freighter holding what seemed like thousands of steel crates, and the last one was a gigantic black and white translantic liner. The ship was too far away for the name to be read, but the mysterious ship had the force memorized.
 
“That ship is at least 870 feet long, maybe even bigger.” Captain stated, breaking the silence.
 
Shute pointed to the four huge orange and black smoke stacks that towered to the sky, “Look at the funnels, you could probably fit two trains through them!”
 
Baku scratched his head, “So is that one of those steam ships that you were talking about a while ago?”
 
“Yeah, and that's a pretty big one too.”
 
“Good, all of you made it!” Everyone turned they're attention to the research vessel and saw Professor Joyce waving at them from the gangway. She ran down and greeted them, “I'm sorry if I didn't appropriately introduce myself at the market. My name is Professor Autum Joyce and I'm a marine archeologist.”
 
I big question mark appeared over Zero's head, “A marine what?”
 
Joyce giggled a bit making her small, boxy glasses to slip down her nose a bit, “Those are just fancy words to describe someone who studies shipwrecks.”
 
Chaos nearly choked, “Shipwrecks…”
 
Joyce adjusted her glasses, “But anyways, I asked all of you to pack your bags because I need your help. I'm studying a new wreck not far from here and I've kind of hit a wall, I'm trying to find out the details about the ship but I can't get any survivors to talk to me.”
 
Joyce began to walk towards the vessel and the gundams followed close behind. But Shute couldn't help to think, Captain and the others didn't have any connections with the Emerald Isles or their ships, why would Joyce want to talk to them?
 
“This is our research ship,” she explained as they all walked up the gangway, “Her name is Knox and she is the most advanced research vessel afloat.”
 
“Yeah, I've heard about this ship on the news. It holds two submarines and the most advanced deep sea equipment ever made,” Shute stated happily to the professor, “Are we going to get a chance to see all of the sea cameras and stuff?”
 
“Why of course-um…Ugh, I was so caught up in the moment that I forgot to catch your names. I'm sorry.” She apologized as she slapped her forehead.
 
Shute laughed, “That's alright, my name is Shute, and these are my friends Captain, Zero, and Bakunetsumaru.”
 
Baku quickly cut in, “Or you could just call me `Baku' if have a hard time pronouncing my full name.”
 
“Thanks Bakunetsumaru, I'll remember that.” Joyce said sweetly as she put her hands behind her back.
 
The guys gapped, no one was able to say Baku's full name the first try. Heck, GunEagle was still having problems pronouncing his name.
 
“Professor Joyce!” A crew man came running down from one of the stair ways that was by the entrance of the ship, “We're ready to make way ma'am!”
 
“Very good, release the moor lines right away!” She ordered, “And tell the Captain to go to the wreck site right away!”
 
“Yes ma'am!”
 
Shute was beyond excited. He turned around and looked to his friends who looked excited as well. Yup, just him and his three… Three?!
 
“Wait, Professor Joyce we're missing someone!” Shute cried, making the Professor look at the group of gundams. She counted and sadly the boy was right, they were missing one, and it just so happened to be the gundam she needed.
 
She cringed, “Oh my god you're right! Go find her and make it quick, I can't stop the ship now!”
 
Shute dropped his bags and ran out of the ship and onto the gangway. He whipped his head back and forward, “Chaos! Chaos where are you?!” He ran down the gangway and hurriedly looked around, “Oh no, did the trio get her? Did she fall in the water and drown? Oh where could she-”
 
Out of the corner of his eye he saw a figure. He turned his body around and was relieved when he identified them as Chaos. She was standing next to the translantic liner and looking up at it. It seemed as though she was in a trance, but why?
 
Shute cupped his hands around his mouth, “Hey Chaos Cammerce!” She turned her head and looked to him, “Come on, the ship is about to leave!”
 
She dashed over to Shute as fast as she could go, “Sorry Shute, I-” She stopped and her eyes got as big as dinner plates, the gangway was being pulled away from the ship!
 
“Oh no!” Shute sobbed, “They're leaving without us!”
 
“Not on my watch!” She wrapped and arm around his waist and held her messenger bag tightly in the other. She backed away a few feet and then made a mad dash up the gangway, jumping off its edge.
 
Shute closed his eyes and held his breath, hoping that she wouldn't miss the narrow door. It was his lucky day as well. After what seemed like an eternity, Chaos finally touched ground inside the ship with just a few inches to spare and the steel door was closes. She gently placed Shute on the ground and slung her messenger bag over her shoulder.
 
The pair looked around the empty hallway. No voices could be heard, only the sound of the engines humming, “Where is everyone?” Chaos questioned.
 
“They're all up on deck seven.” They looked over their shoulders and saw Professor Hill towering over them with his arms crossed and looking p.o'd, “Do you two have any idea what would've happened if you missed the door after that jump?”
 
The shook their heads slowly, frightened by the man's tone of voice.
 
“You would gotten sucked into the side-propulsion system and chopped up, and then we would be sued for it.” They continued to stare at him, no knowing what to say, “Just don't try it again. I'll take your bags; you go meet everyone on the top deck.”
 
“Yes sir!” They immediately swung around and ran up the stairs as fast as they could go.
 
Hill couldn't help but to laugh, “Ahh what I would do to be young again.” He made his way to lay the bags down in the observatory.
 
* ~ * ~ * ~ *
 
Sorry if this seemed short, I'm starting to hit a writer's block and I need time to think. ^^; So how was this? Please leave you review because I really need them! Oh, and thank you Sayla for leaving me my one and (sadly) only review. -_-0 Please leave them guys, I need a confidence booster because I really need to know how this is! Later! :D
 
T, T, F, N, ta ta for now! ^_~