SD Gundam Fan Fiction ❯ Memories of the Abyss ❯ Her Silent Grave ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Yes, I finally destroyed that writer's block! Sweetness! XD Now I've noticed that no one's leaving me reviews for this fic, and that is a very bad thing. v_v Right now I don't know if I'm doing anything wrong or right, so please throw me a bone. ;___; I'm sorry if this fic seems stupid and I know that I'm touching a very sensitive subject, but please tell me if I'm doing bad because I'll fix it in a heart beat. I mean, I'd start from scratch if I had to. -_-0
 
Shute: Really, you'd do all that to please your viewers? o_o
 
Me: Why of course, without them there would be no reason for making a fan fic. Fan fics are all about sharing you thoughts and ideas for a show or something that you're passionate about.
 
Shute: Yeah, yeah, I get the idea. You didn't need to give me a lecture. >_>0
 
DISCLAIMER: I don't own the original S.D.G. characters, but I do own Chaos Cammerce, the Emerald Isles, the Titanica, the Knox, Professor Joyce, and Professor Hill. But the Titanic, and Belfast are owned by Ireland. Actually, I think the Knox is an actual research vessel, but I'm not sure. Let's just say that it's mine for now until I find out. ^^;
 
* ~ * ~ * ~
 
Memories of the Abyss
Chp.2: Her Silent Grave
 
Shute smiled as the salty breeze of the Atlantic blew through his hair and the sound of waves wisped through his ears. Sea gulls flew in the sky above as land began to vanish from the horizon making the ocean feel a whole lot bigger.
 
Shute rested his elbow on the railing and looked down, only to shoot his head right back up again, “Hey Captain!”
 
Captain looked to his friend and cocked his head, “What is it Shute?”
 
He pointed to the water, “Look, the water's changing colors!”
 
Baku scratched his head and leaned over the railing even more, “Really? I don't think it has.”
 
“Of course it has you twit,” Zero spat, “When we were in port the water was a green color, now it is a dark blue.”
 
“The ships in the port must've kicked up some muck making it murky and thus changing the water's overall color.” Captain explained, leaving everyone else speechless.
 
Shute sweat dropped, “Captain we really need to get you a hobby,” he looked around a bit, “Hey, where's Chaos?”
 
“Don't know,” Baku answered, “I last saw her over by the front of the boat.”
 
Shute put a finger on his chin, “I wonder why, she is usually pretty quiet but she hasn't said a word since we left the dock,” the boy let out a sigh, “I wonder what's going through her mind.”
 
* ~ * ~ * ~
 
Chaos leaned her weight on the railing that was on the bow of the vessel, watching the ship cut through the water like a butter knife, “It really wasn't that long ago, was it?” She paused for a while, memories and quotes from her past life seeping into her thoughts.
 
A man stood in front of a plethora of journalists and photographers, “This ship is unsinkable!” he boasted as he threw his right arm into the air, “Now I'm not going to say that God can't sink it, but otherwise no force of nature can cause her to founder!”
 
All of a sudden the queen of the Emerald Isles stood before a hulk of black steel, holding a bottle of champagne that was attached to some rope, “I now dub this ship the Titanica, may God bless her and all who sail on her!” She suddenly let go of the bottle and it smashed into to pieces sending glass and liquid every where.
 
A man with orange hair bent down and hugged a little girl, her dress swaying in the wind along with her dark red hair, “Now don't worry about me,” he whispered hoarsely, “I'll be back with so much money that it would make a king jealous, you'll see… I promise.”
 
Then everything went dark and her muscles felt as cold as ice. She shot her head up as she clinged to some white wood. Other men were on it as well, but they didn't move…Or breathe. She hurriedly looked around, violently snapping her head back and forth, “Please, don't let this happen…Zephyr…”
 
She was finally launched back into reality and her day dreaming suddenly ceased. She squeezed the railing, “Why me?” she questioned the sea as she stared into it, “Why?”
 
The vessel began to suddenly slow down and a micro phone crackled to life, “Neotopian visitors, please report to the research room immediately!”
 
Chaos looked over her shoulders, “Well, I guess I'm included in that group as well.” She turned around and left the bow and her memories behind her.
 
* ~ * ~ * ~
 
The guys met up with Chaos in the door way of the research room, the door was shut so it gave the guys the perfect chance to question Chaos about her disappearance. Shute seemed to be the most concerned about her, due to the fact that he spent more time with her than anyone else and he knew her temperament. Walking and off without saying anything wasn't like her at all.
 
“Why were at the front of the boat by yourself?” he asked.
 
She scratched her head, “Ahh, just thinking a bit,” her eyes expressed the `happy squint', “You know, about my old home in Belfast and such. It was really nice there.”
 
Captain gave her his undivided attention, “Really, what was it like?”
 
“The house was beautiful, it had Victorian furnishings and it was multiple green colors. The property was a good five miles a way from the main city so it was surrounded by open fields and rolling green hills. And the city was very clean, except for the horse poop; you always had to watch where you stepped.”
 
Shute laughed hard at the random comment, grabbing his stomach for support. But Baku kept a serious look on his face, “What was you job? Surely you had to have a job to live there.”
 
Chaos leaned back on the wall and crossed her arms, it seemed as though she didn't want to answer that question. But she did any ways, “A ship builder.”
 
“Oh yeah, you mentioned that when we met Thiesel,” Shute spat as he snapped his fingers, “Now what was the name of the ship that you built again?”
 
“It's not important.”
 
Captain cocked his head, “Why isn't it, surely you must-”
 
“I said it's not important!”
 
The guys fell silent, what in the world was that all about? None of them knew and they wanted to know, but they didn't push the subject. Chaos turned her head to the wall to avoid eye contact with them, `I really need to learn to keep these emotions under control,' she thought regretfully. They were her friends and she'll have to tell them sooner or later, she just wasn't prepared to yet.
 
The door suddenly swung open, smacking Chaos in the back of the head. Joyce popped her head out of the door way and sweat dropped, “Oops, I should've opened the door a little bit more slowly.”
 
Chaos rubbed the back of her head in annoyance, but accepted the apology, “Don't worry about it, I probably shouldn't have been standing there anyways.”
 
“Are you sure you're alright?”
 
“Yup.”
 
Joyce clapped her hands together, “Good, now would all of you please come in and have a seat.” She led everyone into the room and took a set by a large monitor. The room was dark and quiet; a couple other researchers were inside playing with their pencils and looking anxious.
 
Shute gaped as he walked through the door way, there were tons of monitors showing random images of chandeliers, twisted steel, and pieces of railing. He took a seat next to another monitor and stared at it, it had the image of a lonely broken plate in the sand, “Wow, what in the world are you guys looking at?”
 
The other four took a seat as Joyce pulled out a stack of pictures, “A ship wreck that we found about three weeks ago.”
 
“How old is the wreck?” Captain asked as he examined one of the monitors.
 
“It's really not that old, about four months I'd say. Poor thing, it was on its maiden voyage and it hit an ice berg.”
 
Baku's eyes turned into slits, “A piece of ice sand a ship?!”
 
“Yeah.” The room fell silent and everyone looked to Chaos, “She sank in under two hours, taking fifteen hundred souls with her.”
 
“And how would you know this?” Zero questioned as he leaned forward in his seat.
 
Chaos looked to the ground and tightened her fists, “I-I would know because I built that ship,” she choked up, “And I was a passenger on that ship… I am a survivor…”
 
The room remained dead silent as Chaos got up from her seat and walked up to the largest monitor. On its screen it showed a beautiful wooden staircase with random pieces of cloth floating around it. But what caught her eye was a lonely woman's shoe lying on one of the steps; its beads glittered in the small amount of light given off by the submersibles.
 
She gently touched the shoe on the screen, closing her eyes in the process in an attempt to not cry, “You know, this ship was dubbed unsinkable like her older sister ship. The Titanica was deathly similar to the Titanic, same size, same style, same elegance, same everything. Mr. Blackwell wanted to `relive' history and recreate the Titanic, he thought he's bring in millions… And he did.”
 
Shute stood up and walked up behind her, holding a hand out in the process, “Chaos, are you alright?”
 
It seemed as if he was invisible to her as she continued her story, “Many said that she'd be cursed because she bared the whistle of the deceased Titanic, and I guess they were right.”
 
Professor Hill, who was sitting all in the back the whole time, finally stepped out of the darkness, “Wait, so you're saying that the Titanic's whistle was mounted on the Titanica? But how would the museum in London let them use it?”
 
Chaos turned around and looked to Hill, “When Mr. Blackwell explained his plans to the museum they agreed to give him the whistle for three million dollars, and Blackwell gladly gave them the money.”
 
Shute's eye bugged out, “Three million dollars!” He fell back in his chair, “I guess that that's an important whistle, huh?”
 
She sat back down in her chair and let out a large sigh, “Well of course it is, it belonged to the Titanic, what would you expect it to cost, five bucks?”
 
“Yeah, you're right. So how much would the things on the Titanica cost?”
 
“A lot, she was the biggest ship afloat since the Titanic and her sisters aren't as big as her either. You could make a hansom living off taking stuff off that ship,” she crossed her arms, “But they shouldn't, I swear if I ever catch someone selling stuff from that ship I'd tear their arms off.”
 
Professor Hill all of a sudden turned pale, “Crap, I need to hide the artifacts-”
 
Chaos's pupils turned to thin slits, “What did you say?!”
 
Hill shuttered, “Shoot…”
 
* ~ * ~ * ~ *
 
So what is Hill up to? All of you will find out in the next chapter. Please leave your reviews because I need them! :O
 
T, T, F, N, ta ta for now! ^_~