SD Gundam Fan Fiction ❯ Memories of the Abyss ❯ Party in the Third-Class ( Chapter 10 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Hi guys, sorry about the slow updates! ^^; School is eating up my life, but updates will be faster in a few weeks. Yup, this gal has only two weeks of school left! :D
 
Genki: Whew, that's a relief! *picks up the baby bunny that I saved* Aww, what an ugly little rat! >:3
 
Me: Hey! *runs at Genki * I saved this little fella, and I'm not going to let you hurt him!! ><+
 
Baku: *stares at the computer screen* Umm, I guess I'll finish this up for her then. :l
 
DISCLAIMER: Zero101 owns all mentioned characters and the Titanica. But the White Star Line does not belong to her, it belongs to Cunard Line. And that's it… I think… 9.9
 
* ~ * ~ * ~
 
Memories of the Abyss
Chp.10: Party in the Third-Class
 
Chaos Cammerce, Ben, and Tommy rushed down the flight of stairs with Zephyr and Mary close behind. The scenery began to change as the beautiful wooden walls soon turned into white-painted steel as they traveled deeper and deeper into the bowls of the ship. But even as the atmosphere became more bleak, the sounds of laughter and (some rather unorthodox) music became louder and louder.
 
Finally the group walked down the last pair of stairs and entered a large room with dinning tables in it. The room was filled with commotion and the smell of ale, people were dancing wildly and a live band played traditional party music with smiles on their faces. Not one person in the crowed looked sad, not one person in the crowd looked mad; this was the infamous third-class party.
 
Mary's mouth widened to a large smile as she eyed the group of people. “This- this is an actual third-class party,” she gasped, “I've never actually seen one before…”
 
Chaos laughed a bit and looked over her shoulder. “Wow, you're acting like you've visited a zoo for the first time,” she turned her attention to the party ahead, “They're not so different from what you're used to, except that there's no caviar, or champagne, or memorized waltzes, or-”
 
Ben suddenly slapped his hand over her mouthpiece. “Actually they're much different from what you're used to. But every one here is harmless; they wouldn't hurt a fly even if they tried.”
 
“I'm pretty excited about this,” Zephyr stated, “I've always wanted to attend a `wild third class party', but never could get the chance to.”
 
The group stopped by a huge table with people dancing on it. Tommy quickly led Mary to the `ale table' to have her try some `five star' beer. Ben followed them, reminding Tommy that she can't be escorted back to her room drunk as a pig. That left Zephyr and Chaos alone temporarily to talk, but in this case to stand around in an awkward silence.
 
But Chaos decided that it was finally time to break the ice. She eyed him and said, “So you really haven't been to a third class party?”
 
He gave her a funny look. “Yeah, did you think that I was kidding?”
 
“No, but I do have a feeling that you never got a chance to see one, because you weren't allowed to attend one…”
 
Zephyr didn't respond because it was true. He represented the greatest luxury shipping line in the business, and it would have been vulgar of him to attend a low class drinking fest. No one had ever seen that or understood that concept, except for Chaos. But maybe it was because she too had a lot of pressure on her shoulders. She had a big job to do and needed to impress her superiors, but of course Zephyr doesn't know of this yet…
 
Chaos face faulted a bit, noticing Zephyr staring deeply at the ground. “Oh geez, I'm sorry-”
 
“No, don't worry about it,” he spat as he waved his hands, “I'm just glad that someone finally understands.”
 
Suddenly, Tommy popped out of nowhere and wrapped his arms around them. “Oooo, look at the little love birds!” he teased as he puckered his lips, spilling some of his beer in the process.
 
Mary sharply nudged him with her elbow. “Stop teasing them Thomas, you'll embarrass them!”
 
Zephyr looked around a bit, noticing that someone was missing. “Hey, where's Ben?”
 
“Oh, love bird number three?” Tommy giggled. “He's trying to swoon some poor victim.”
 
They all followed his gaze and saw Ben talking to a pretty brown-haired girl. A very catchy song began to play and Ben suddenly took her by the hand, skipping and dancing all over the place with her.
 
Tommy smiled and took Mary by the hands. “C'mon Mary, what do you say we join `em?” He playfully drug her onto the dance floor.
 
“Oh no, I possibly couldn't!” Mary laughed as she followed him. But they were soon dancing around just like Ben and having a great time.
 
Chaos looked to Zephyr mischievously. He noticed her looking at him and shook his head. “No, I am not going to-” It was too late; he was already out in the middle of the floor. Now he had no choice, he had to dance.
 
He shakily wrapped his left arm around her waist, and held her hand with the other. He was horribly nervous and tried to hide it, but Chaos picked it up almost right away.
 
“Here, just follow my lead,” Chaos whispered, “Do what I do.”
 
Zephyr nodded and they began dancing. He wasn't used to skipping around aimlessly in front of other people and began to feel embarrassed. He looked to the ground to watch where he was putting his feet, but this only caused him to stumble and trip.
 
Chaos stopped and meet Zephyr's gaze. “Don't look at your feet.”
 
He gave her the `are you crazy?!' look. “But isn't there a special pattern in which your feet must coordinate with you body movement?” This only caused Chaos to giggle and she gave him a pat on the shoulder.
 
“No, no, no, this isn't ball room dancing. You just need to lighten up and go with the flow. Just look at me, don't look at anything else, just me. Do you trust me with this?”
 
There was a slight moment of silence. It made Chaos kind of nervous, but he eventually answered.
 
“Yes, I do.”
 
She `smiled' deeply and led him around the floor again with a very perky dance. He did just as she said; he looked at her the whole time. But what Zephyr didn't notice was that he was actually `free dancing' like everybody else. The music suddenly picked up even more, making everyone dance more crazily and some were actually falling over.
 
Chaos' thoughts grinned as she broke away from Zephyr and grabbed his wrists. She began spinning in circles looked to her dance partner. His cape flowed gracefully and he looked like he was in shock. But that soon changed when he began laughing. Chaos had never heard him actually laugh before; yeah he giggled at the dinner table a few times, but never laughed. She soon began laughing too and it seemed as though time stood still, everything was perfect. Nothing in the world could ruin this precious moment, nothing.
 
* ~ * ~ * ~ * ~
 
Whew, it's been a while. =_=0 This should've been finished weeks ago, but I never got around to it. Sorry guys. You know the baby bunny that I mentioned in the beginning? Well he died; something broke into his cage out side and drug him away, leaving nothing but his blood behind. :( It was on the last full week of school, on Monday. I came in crying and such. My friend, Kim, felt bad and later that night dropped off a pet rabbit for me to keep. I named him Crusoe. :3 I love him.
 
Oh, and I saved a wittle kitten. She's only three weeks old and she has infected eyes, but they're better. I named her Bella, it means beautiful in Italian, and she's such a sweetie pie! So, as you guys can see, I've got my hands full! ^^; But I should be post new chaps for my other fics either tonight or tomorrow. Laterz! :D
 
T, T, F, N, ta ta for now! ^_~