SD Gundam Fan Fiction ❯ One Question ❯ A Day of Recovery, Tension Amoung the Kingdoms ( Chapter 7 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Disclaimer: SD Gundam Force © Bandai and Sunrise and I think some other people but not me. I own the creatures of Skylark and the surrounding kingdoms. That's it. Song `To Be Loved' © Westlife
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
 
Bright lights, a high pitch beeping, a horrible smell, what were these things? And where am I? What happened?
“You're awake!”
Captain's eye screen flickered on. Standing above him was Chief Haro and Shute, “Good afternoon there Shute, and sir, Chief.”
“How are you feeling Captain?” Haro asked.
“I am functioning at 62% sir,” Captain answered, “Shute, what was the outcome of the battle?”
Shute swallowed nervously, “Well…Bengal was the last one standing so…we lost…again.”
Captain tried to sit up, “This is not good. We cannot lose any more battles.” Pain grips the gundam.
“Easy there Captain,” Guneagle gently pushes his superior back down, “You're lucky to be alive.”
“Guneagle?” Captain turned and faced his little brother, “What are you doing here?”
“Keeping an eye on you,” the youth answered.”
Chief Haro straightened up, “If you'll excuse me.” He exited the sick bay.
Captain turns back to Shute, “What are the conditions of Zero and Bakunetsumaru? Are they still functioning?”
Shute looked at the cloth barrier, “I haven't checked on them yet.”
“Please do so for me,” Captain requested.
Shute slides around the curtain, finding more curtains blocking beds from view. He silently walks to the bed next to Captain's, opening the curtain.
Rele looks up, “Hello, Shute. Are you okay?”
“I'm fine,” Shute replies. He then looks past Loki and down at Zero, “Has he done anything?”
“Besides mumble? No,” Loki answered.
Rele and looked down at the Winged Knight, “He hasn't moved a inch.”
“He'll pull through this,” Loki stated, “He is Sir Zero, The Winged Knight and Savior of Lacroa.”
Shute agrees, “He's right Princess Rele. Zero will pull out of this.” Rele smiled at the brown-headed boy then averted her gaze back to Zero.
Shute exited the curtains and heard something munching away behind the third bed. He opens the curtain and finds Bakunetsumaru happily gorging on riceballs, “Well, you sure do seem to be feeling better.”
Baku looked over his shoulder, “Hey, Shute. I'm feeling fine. Especially with these riceballs. I wonder who made them?” Baku continued to make a glutton of himself, the gash on his side healed and electrocution forgotten.
Shute laughed softly, “Whomever it was knew you liked a lot.”
“That's for sure,” Baku answered, “Are Captain and Zero okay?'
Shute dreaded this question, “Captain's awake but Zero is still unconscious.”
Baku joked, “Bring in his girlfriend. One kiss and he'll wake up.”
Shute snickered at the joke, “Hey, it might work.”
“Zero would enjoy it,” Baku commented, “Speaking of girls. You haven't seen Marina have you?
Shute sweatdropped. He had completely forgotten about Marina's love potion that still flowed in his veins, “No, not yet.”
“Well, if you see her,” said Baku, “I'm willing to share my riceballs with her.”
“I'll tell her that,” said Shute. The human then thought to himself, `Boy, Baku's taken a hard hit from that love potion. I hope Marina wakes up soon.”
An anguished groan came form the opposite side. Shute quickly exited then peeked through the curtains of Riley's bed. The water gundam complains, “Ow…my whole body hurts.”
“Riley!” Bengal leans over him, “Are you okay?
Riley's vision was blurry, “What was she thinking pulling such a rookie mistake?” He tries sitting up but Bengal pushes him back down.
“Easy there sir,” Bengal spoke, “You need to rest.”
“I've been in worst shape,” Riley answered.
Bengal tries to reason with him, “Wither or not you fought Captain Narcissus-”
“And lived,” Riley interrupted.
Bengal groaned, “-and lived, you need time to recover.”
Riley sighed and laid back down, “Is Marina still alive?”
Bengal answers, “Alive but out. The samurai's already awake to make matters worst.”
Shute left and returned to Captain.
 
 
A few minutes passed before Princess Fleur entered the room. Bengal and Loki immediately took notice, jumped up, and bowed to the royal. Riley did his best to bow.
“Princess Fleur,” said Rele, “what are you doing here?”
“I came to check on them and I have news,” she answered. She hears Baku munching on the rice balls making her giggle, “Glad you're feeling better Baku.”
Baku swallowed, “These are good. Whatever news it is, go tell Captain. I'm a bit busy.” He stuffed some more into his jaws.
Fleur shakes her head in disbelief and continues towards Captain. She looks over at Zero, laying motionless on the hospital bed. She sighed sadly and steps behind Captain's curtains, “How are you feeling Captain?”
“I will be fine,” Captain reassures her, “You need not worry about Zero.” She smiled slightly, grateful for some relief.
Guneagle inquires, “Hey, Fleur. What are they going to do about us vs. Skylark?”
“Chief Haro and King Phoenix agreed that you will face them tomorrow morning at the location of your opponents choosing,” she answered.
“that will be enough time for recovery,” Captain concluded.
“Who are we fighting?” Shute asked.
“Sorry, I can't tell you,” Fleur answered.
They hear groaning from the next bed, “By Mana…what happen?” Fleur's heart leaps.
Shute smiled, “Zero's awake!” Him and Fleur dart to the Lacroix.
Guneagle remained behind, “No point in me going. His girlfriend will be all over him.”
“You alive!” Loki shouted happily. Rele sighed in relief.
Zero's vision was doubled, “Princess Rele? Loki?”
“Zero!” Shute and Fleur appeared
Zero shakes his head, “Shute? Princess Fleur?” He tries sitting up but Loki pushes him back down.
“Not so fast, Sir Zero,” Loki cautioned.
“You need to rest,” said Rele.
Zero obeys. Blinking his vision returns, “My head….What happen? Did we win or lose?”
“We lost,” Shute answered unwittingly, “Bengal was the last one standing.
“No,” Zero groaned, “We can't lose again.”
Fleur smiled, “Don't worry. You won't have to face Skylark until tomorrow morn.”
Zero eyes lock with his beloved's. He sighs, “Just seeing you makes me feel like new.” Fleur blushes deeply, Shute and Loki gag, Rele finds it sweet.
A shrill shriek caught their attention. It was Marina gingerly holding and rubbing her brunt tail. Bengal moved to her, “Are you okay?”
Marina shook her head, My tail…my beautiful tail,” she sniffled, “It's ruined!” There was a collective sweat-drop from everyone present save Bakunetsumaru.
Baku threw open his curtains, “Marina, my sweet!” He raced towards her but Bengal blocked his path. Quickly sidestepping the mer-man, Baku reaches her bedside, “Are you okay?” He cups her hands as hearts dance in his eyes.
“Marina please do it!” Riley shouted.
“Gladly,” Marina exhaled the deep red vapor into Bakunetsumaru. The samurai quickly snapped out of his daze. He looked at Marina, who was scowling at him.
Baku jumped away quickly, “You have a sick mind lady!” He wiped off his mouth guard no longer wanting the rice balls. Marina made a `humph' as Bengal closed the curtains. Baku walked over to were Shute was standing, “Feeling better Zero?”
“Yeah,” the knight sat up, “I'm still a little drained from the fight however.”
Baku then shouted across the room, “You holding up okay Captain?”
Captain emerged from behind his curtains with Guneagle close behind, “I am still functioning Bakunetsumaru.”
Zero stood up, “How are you feeling Bakunetsumaru?'
“Good as new and ready to take on Skylark,” Baku answered.
“Get some rest anyway,” Captain ordered, “We don't face them until tomorrow.”
“Okay then,” said Baku, “tomorrow that treaty will be signed.”
“You do know we lost, right?” Zero questioned.
“We what!” Baku shouted
“Lost,” Shute repeated. He stretched, “I'm getting out of this hospital.”
“Me too,” Rele followed him as did the other Gundam Force members leaving the Oceankins to heal.
 
 
Upon exiting the sick bay, Guneagle and Loki depart back to the Gundamusai while Captain looks around, “Where is everyone?”
“I think all the leaders are at a press conference,” Fleur answered.
Rele spoke up, “I saw Genkimaru head out with his Genki Energy Force, Azural, Baruth, and Az.
“I like Genkimaru's idea,” said Shute, “All we've been doing is fighting ever since we got here. Enjoying some peace would be relaxing. Want to come Captain?”
“Gladly Shute,” Captain followed after his best friend.
“Shute,” Rele chirps, “May I join you?”
“Sure Rele. The more the merrier,” Shute answers.
“I'll come too,” Baku follows them out leaving Zero and Fleur.
Zero mused, “I never have been able to enjoy this planet's beauty. The idea sounds quite relaxing and enjoyable.”
Fleur takes his arm, “How about I show you my planet's beauty, Wings?”
Zero frowned, “I wish you wouldn't call me that.”
“Get use to it,” Fleur smirks.
Zero sighs, “I will take you up on that offer, Cutie.”
“Don't call me Cutie,” said Fleur.
“Don't call me Wings,” Zero countered. They shared a soft laugh and flew off far from the castle.
 
 
Shute stops in his tracks, “Whoa, I almost forgot.”
“Forgot what Shute,” Captain inquired.
Shute explained, “I need to make a quick side trip to the Gundamusai.”
Rele is slightly irked by this, “I thought you said we were going to look around Facundra.”
“We will,” Shute assured, “Just give me five minutes. I'll be in out real quick.”
Rele snaps her fingers and makes a clock, “Fine. Five minutes. I'm timing you. Go!”
Shute raced into the Gundamusai. Once on board, he frantically looked around his sleeping quarters, “Where is it? Ah, found you!” Shute opens a small basket and finds crumbs. Cake crumbs. Shute yells, “My cake! Who ate my cake!?”
 
 
King Aqua licked the remaining frosting off of his fingers, “That was the best thing ever.”
“Yo! Aqua!” Lucky shouted, “Are you coming or not?”
“Coming!” Aqua jumped down to Lucky, Isocles, Eristis, and Guneagle.
Guneagle flexed his wings, “Thanks for finding the chips.”
“No problem,” Eristis answered munching on a banana.
Isocles chirped, “Let's go find Fleur.”
 
 
Defeated and out-of-breath, Shute returns to the waiting group. A vein throbs in Rele's head, “You took six minutes and forty-eight seconds, Shute.”
“Sorry, Rele,” Shute replied.
Baku noticed he was empty-handed, “Couldn't find it?” Shute shook his head.
Rele asked displeased and impatient, “Are we going or not?”
“We're going,” Shute and co. walk through the castle grounds.
 
Meanwhile, Genkimaru led his group consisting of Az, Azural, Baruth, Cobramaru, Zapper Zaku, Grappler Gouf, Destroyer Dom, and a small army of zakos out past the castle grounds into the open fields and bamboo forest. Some fruit bearing trees were scattered about.
“What exactly are we looking for?” Cobramaru asked.
“Nothing,” Genkimaru answered, “we're having an adventure. Who knows what we'll find.”
Az admits, “I've never been on an adventure before.”
“You haven't?!” Baruth asked shocked, “Why?”
“I don't want to get lost in the desert,” Az replied.
“But that's half the fun,” said Genkimaru.
“Not if something tries to eat you,” Azural protested.
“How would you know fraidy cat?” Az snapped.
Azural snapped back, “When I went looking for Fleur, the demons napped me and they, “ she points at the Dark Axis Trio, “took me hostage.”
Grappler spoke, “We were under EagleEye's orders.”
“And now you're back under mine,” said Genkimaru triumphantly, “And once this treaty thing is done, all the zakos can come back to Ark.”
One zako spoke up, “Actually Lord Genkimaru, some of the zakos were planning on staying in Skylark with King Phoenix. They like the metal filled cities better, zako.”
“Oh, okay,” said Genkimaru, “I guess he can have some.”
 
 
“Fleur!”
“Hey Fleeeuuuurr!”
“Yo! Fleur!”
“Where are you big sis?”
“Fleur-r!”
Aqua, Eristis, Guneagle, Isocles, and Lucky scanned the area. “Where is she?” Eristis asked.
“Knowing her, she could be anywhere,” Isocles answered.
Lucky groaned, “Fleur! Come out, come out, wherever you are!”
“She's probably with Zero,” Guneagle concluded.
“Shark,” said Aqua, “Why does he get the hottie?”
Lucky nails him on the head, “Dude! This is my sister we're talking about!”
“You know the man laws,” said Eristis, “No dating, or hitting on your best friend's sister without said friend's permission.”
“Man laws?” Isocles asked.
“I'm not saying it like that!” aqua shouted, “I'm just saying she's hot.”
“It's bad enough that Zero's in love with her,” said Lucky, “The last thing I need is for you to be hitting on her.”
Guneagle scoffed, “Hate to do this to you, but the way things are going, there is a 97.89% chance that Zero will ask Fleur to marry him.”
Isocles giggled, “Aw, they make such a cute couple.” Lucky gagged. Isocles crossed her arms, “You should be happy for your sister.”
Lucky rolls his eyes, “Whatever. Who's going to be ref?”
“I will,” said Isocles, “Okay first up in hover joust, Aqua vs. Eristis. The chosen two mount a hover-board, move to opposite ends, and point a wooden lance at the other. “Ready?” Isocles watched closely, “Go!”
 
 
Bakunetsumaru stops and sniffs the air, “Something smells good.” He leaps high into a tree.
Shute calls out, “Hey Baku! What are you doing?”
Bakunetsu shuffles trough the branches and produces a medium large, yellow-orange fruit.
“Look what I found!” He leaps back to the ground gracefully.
Captain scans the fruit, “Are you positive that is okay to eat?”
The samurai examines, “One way to find out.” He bites into the fruit's flesh, instantly getting sprayed by a thick green juice. Baku yelps in surprise and rubs the juice from his eyes, “Not bad.” He takes another bite, this time not getting sprayed, “Kind of a sweet and sour flavor.” He slurps up the juice, receiving a disgusted look from Rele.
Shute looked at Baku questionably, “You're just going to eat something without knowing what is?”
Baku nodded, “What harm could it do?”
 
 
Far past the castle grounds, Genkimaru and co. find a swift flowing river. Genkimaru's curiosity perked up, “I wonder where this river goes?”
Cobramaru spies a timber pile on the opposite shore, “One way to find out.” He skillfully leaps across, grabs three logs, and jumps back landing in the shallows, “We'll follow it.”
“Yeah! Come on!” The zako soldiers march forward holding the timber logs along the shallows.
“Are you sure this is safe?” Az asked.
“Not at all,” Baruth answers. Genkimaru imitates a chicken
“I'm not a chicken!” Az snapped.
“Then come on!” Azural shouted. Az climbed onto the first log, manned by Genkimaru, Azural, Baruth, and Cobramaru. Zapper Zaku, Grappler Gouf, and Destroyer Dom hop onto the second along with some zakos. The remaining zakos jump onto the third. They were soon caught by the current and pushed down stream Whooping and hollering with glee, the river takes them on an express tour of the kingdom. Racing around bends, sailing through rapids, being jarred by nature's awesome power, they were pushed faster and faster and faster still. Eventually, the river spits them into a large lake in the middle of nowhere. The kids laugh as they spin into the lake, some zakos cheer while others wait for the world to stop spinning.
Cobramaru chuckled, “I've always wanted to do that.”
“That was fun!” Destroyer Dom shouted gleefully.
Zapper agreed, “I wouldn't mind doing that again.”
Grappler, always the realist, spoiled their fun, “Yeah that was fun. But now we're lost!”
“We're not lost,” said Genkimaru, “All we have to do is follow the river back.”
“We need to swim to shore,” Azural slipped into the water and popped back up, `We won't be able to swim back so we have to walk.”
“Good point,” Baruth ties his jacket around his waist, reveling a loose fitting muscle shirt filled only by fur, and slides into the water. Az cautiously gets in and dog paddles. The trio and zakos jumped in and headed for shore.
Genkimaru got nervous, “How are we suppose to get to shore Cobramaru?'
Cobra approaches the kid, “I'll carry you across Lord Genkimaru.” After scooping up the little musha, Cobramaru expertly jumps to shore using a few zakos as stepping-stones.
Grappler climbs a nearby tree, “Ah, crap. The castle's way far off. We'll never get back by nightfall.”
“Not if we don't try,” said Genkimaru, “Let's go!” They head off in the castle's general direction.
 
 
Back inside Facundra Castle, Chief Haro busied himself with Neotopian duties, as did King Luther Lacroa with Lacroa; King Phoenix and Emperor Kibaomaru played shogi; Czar Frost sat down with a book while Queen Acucallis sat regal , being pampered by her servants. Frost looked out the window, “Where do you suppose them young'uns are at?”
“Out exploring,” Kibaomaru answered, “Your move Phoenix.”
Phoenix examines the board, “Did you see who went where?”
Kiba closes his eyes, “I think they are around the castle grounds.”
Chief Haro spoke up. “I wouldn't worry about them.”
Acucallis summons a servant and whispers into his ear. The servant bows, “At once my queen.” The servant quickly exits unnoticed.
 
 
Cobramaru looks over his shoulder, “Something's following us.” The group stops and turns around.
“What is it?' Zapper asked.
“It's big whatever it is,” Cobramaru stated. The group continues forward as the snake ninja hones his senses, “Churning gears, some type of mecha. A heavy mecha. None too swift in this forest. Nor is it quite. It just left the water. Steam is escaping with its every step. But what is it?”
Azural whimpered and hugs Baruth's furry arm. Used to this, the snow prince sighs and looks down at her, “Relax, nothing's going to eat us.” The ground suddenly began to quake.
“H-hey!” Grappler shouted, “What's going on?”
D. Dom shouted, “Earthquake!”
“Zako!” Azural gripped Baruth's arm tighter, Az sunk his claws into the earth trying to stay up. Genkimaru flailed his arms around wildly. As earthquake in the same manner it started. “Is everyone okay?!” Genkimaru asked.
“We're fine,” Zapper answered.
Cobramaru looked behind them, “Oh, boy….” Everyone looked at where he was staring, locking eyes with a giant, three-headed sand snake. Neither side made a moved but just stared down each other.
Destroyer broke the silence, “Is that the thing that was following us?”
“No,” Cobra answered, “the thing following us ran. This however, caused that earthquake.” Poised to strike, the sand snake bore its fangs and lunged all three heads at them.
“Run!” They scattered in all directions leaving the snake to sink its venomous fangs into the ground.. Zapper and Destroyer opened fire on the snake, Cobramaru tossed his bombs and shurikin at it. Neither attack had an effect or was even noticed.
Grappler shouts, “Let's get out of here!” Wasting no time, Genkimaru, Cobramaru, the Dark Axis and Az ran at top speed. Baruth drops to all fours and quickly follows. Azural curls into a ball and races away. The sand snake hisses loudly, giving chase effortlessly winding it's way through the bamboo forest.
 
 
“OOF! Augh…!” Aqua inhaled sharply, “Where were you aiming Isocles?”
“Sorry,” she apologizes, `I didn't mean to hit you there.”
The young king returned to his feet, “Any lower and that could have really hurt.”
Guneagle's scanners beep, “Huh?” He looks toward the horizon, “Something big is approaching rapidly.” They spy a billowing dust cloud above the bamboo. The ground begins to rumble as screaming draws nearer.
“What the heck?” Eristis asked.
“Run for your lives!” Genkimaru and co darts by the royalty and Neotopian.
Isocles turns back around and screams bloody murder, capturing the other attention. They see giant snake charging towards them.
“Run!” Eristis, Guneagle, Isocles, and Lucky take flight while Aqua curls into a ball and darts away. The snake crashes through the clearing knocking the abandoned hover-boards and wooden lances to the way side. Nothing could slow the snake down, bamboo and trees fell in its wake of destruction.
“How do you stop this thing!?!” Aqua yelled.
Grappler calls back, “Projectiles won't work we know that much.”
Lucky flips onto his back, “Then maybe this will work!” He fires a demon blast at the middle head. It hissed in pain as the other two continued on. He fired another at the right head. It too hissed in pain but the middle head recovered as it and the left head pulled its enormous body along. “Come on!” Lucky shouted, “Stay knocked out for more than five seconds!”
 
 
“Ur-ap!”
“Bakunetsumaru!” Rele wore a look of disgust.
Baku looked at her, “What? It's a complement.”
Shute snickered, “Nice one Baku.”
Rele turned up her nose, “Men are disgusting.”
Captain looked at the horizon, “Shute. We should turn back soon. The sun will be setting in twelve minutes thirty-two seconds.”
Shute looked back at the castle, “How long will it take us to get back?”
“Fifth-teen minutes at normal speed,” Captain answered, “However, if we jog we can make it back in twelve.”
Bakunetsumaru unsheathes his swords, “Something's coming. I can sense it.” The ground began to rumble and the dust cloud appeared.
“Run!!!” The speeding group flies past them with the triple headed snake hot on their heels. Baku dashes away, looking for an opportunity to strike, Rele creates a Mana circle a flies off on it. Captain picks up Shute and takes flight.
 
 
“Where did that thing come from?! “ Captain asked.
“We don't know!” Genkimaru shouted back.
“It showed up out of nowhere and started chasing us!” Zapper yelled. Lucky fired his demoniac power at the ground creating a barrier. The snake rams into it giving its prey a slight lead.
Eristis shouts at the top of his lungs, “Guards!!!! Stop this snake!!!!!” His command echoed throughout the castle. Countless yushas warriors poured out of the castle along with six legged horses, large dogs, and birds of prey, some animals organic others mecha.
“Lord Genkimaru,” said Cobramaru, “get to safety.” The ninja ricochets off the castle wall and heads back to the snake. Bakunetsumaru follows suit. Captain lands just outside the back door, “Get somewhere safe Shute.” The Noetopian flies back into the fray along with Guneagle. The Dark Axis trio reversed and aimed at the snake while the zakos ran after Genkimaru. Rele, Isocles, and Shute run for shelter as do the kids. Eristis and Aqua stay behind to help. At the same time, Acucallis, Frost, Haro, Kibaomaru, Luther, and Phoenix race to the castle's backside and find the youth and zakos gathered around a window.
“What's going on!?” Frost demanded.
Baruth answers, “A giant sand snake's attacking!”
“What!?!” The men rush outside then scatter as one of the snake's heads demolishes the porch. Shaking off the blow, it spies Kiba and lunges for the musha. Kibaomaru swiftly jumps over the attack and lands on its head stabbing his sword deep within its skull. The snake hissed in pain shaking its head violently. Kiba holds on as Phoenix tosses fire at the snake and Aqua blast it with his triton.
“Move it slowpoke!” Cobramaru shouted at Baku as the second head chases them.
“Who are you calling a slowpoke, slowpoke!” Bakunetsu shouted back. He darted around a tree then up into another, the snake seemed to melt through the timber as it followed him.
Cobramaru attacks with the daggers on his wrist, only managing to knock away sand, “How do we stop this thing?”
Grappler fired his claw at the snake. It sailed into the sand and grabbed something deep within. He shuddered, “I hope that's not what I think it is.”
The snake swivels around and strikes at Grappler.
Captain, Guneagle and Lucky circled the trees vainly trying to tie the third snake head in a knot. Lucky continuously attacks with demon magic but to no avail. The yusha guards and animals, under Eristis's command attempt to attack only finding themselves pushed aside by various sand attacks.
“This thing doesn't have a weakness!” Guneagle shouted.
“Everything does,” Captain stated, “We need only to find it.” One of Lucky's attacks miss and flies toward the snake's body where all the heads conjoin. Upon impact, the snake reeled in pain and coils its heads and tail around the spot tossing everyone that was on its back.
Eristis shouted, “Everyone! Aim for that exact spot! That's the creature's weakness!”
All three heads bore their fangs, daring anyone to come an inch closer, Anyone with any kind, of long range weapon in any shape form or matter trained it to that spot awaiting his command. The snake lunges at them again. “ATTACK!” Missiles, fire, electricity, water, rock, shurikin, heath hawks, all conversed to the single spot. The over sized three-headed sand snake froze on impact. Sand fell from it's clay skeleton which soon crumbled beneath its own weight bringing the twilight battle to an end.
 
 
A breath of relief swept the scene when one yusha guard spies something, “Sire!” He offers it to King Eristis. The farm king's eyes grew wide, “It bears the symbol of Areno!” One fluid motion brought all eyes on the desert queen, Acucallis.
“You think I did this?” she asked applaud.
“It bears your symbol,” said Eristis, “And this type of clay and sand is only found in your queendom.”
“Save us some time and admit it!” Aqua demanded.
“I will do no such thing!” she roared, “How dare you accuse me with such lies and slander! Why I can't believe you would even think that I would betray the treaty. I will not stand here and be falsely accused of such misdeeds. Come along Az.” Prince Az paused as he watch his mother leave. She slaps the fan into her palm, “Now!” Az jumps then dutifully follows after her.
Phoenix sighed, “Why did you fail to mention this, Frost?”
“All she mentioned was an attack,” Frost answered, “She didn't say when or what kind.”
“Just side whose side are you on, Frost!?” Kiba shouted.
“Peace, Kibaomaru,” King Lacroa said calmly, “Czar Frost is working as a double agent for us.”
“Your what!?” Lucky yelled.
Frost chuckled, “Sorry for deceiving you Gundam Force, a thousand apologies. But , you see, ever since she became queen, Phoenix and I smelled something fishy. No offense Aqua.”
“None taken,” the water king replied.
Phoenix continued, “We soon learned that she has been planning to purge this world of gundams. Turns out she also wants the out-land gundams gone as well. In order to find out how and when, Frost volunteered to find out information.”
Chief Haro's ears perked up, “What does she have against gundams?”
“The sheer fact that they have been declared a species of Pagno Desidero,” Frost answered, “although that was around five thousand years ago.
They then heard Shute ask, “Where's Zero and Fleur?” Everyone present just now noticed that they were missing.
“The snake ate them!” Azural shouted.
“No it didn't,” said Isocles, “If it had then they would have been in the pile of clay.”
Rele looked around, “I wonder where those two went.”
Fire erupted in Phoenix's eyes, “If that knight tries anything I'll-”
“I'll go look for them,” Lucky spoke up, “Besides, there's a full moon anyway.” He sped off to look for them changing into Demonico as he went.
 
 
Way far away from all the commotion, Zero and Fleur sat together watching the stars appear around the full moon and the planet's rings. Fleur sighed and cuddle closer to her love, “This is wonderful.”
Zero looks down at her and held the princess protectively , “And it's all the better with you her my beloved.” The nightlife began to stir, moths danced in the moonlight, crickets chirped, caddis hummed, the wise old owl sung his song, and a pair of nightingales were ready to sing the night away. Zero smiled and asked, “Can you hear it?”
“Hear what?” Fleur asked.
 
 
(A/N If you don't like romantic stuff skip this part)
 
 
Zero stands up pulling her up with him. He began to sing
 
The song of a little bird
The joy in three little words
 
Zero cups Fleur's hands in his, and gazes into her eyes
 
I know it's real
That's how it feels
To be loved by you
 
He pulls her close and lifts her into the sky startling the princess slightly. She quickly wraps her arms around him as Zero carries her into the air
 
The stars from a midnight sky
The melody from a lullaby
There's nothing real
That I wouldn't steal
To be loved by you
 
To be loved by you
 
He circled higher as the nightlife seems to dance with the couple and sing in tune with the
song.
 
If everybody knows
It's only `cause it shows
 
They gently break the embrace, one hand holding the other's as they circle.
 
A smile to put you on a high
A kiss that sets your soul alight would it be all right if I spent tonight
Being loved by you
 
Being loved by you
If everybody knows
It's only `cause it shows
 
They fluidly moved with each other sending their dance high above the trees so that everyone could see. The moon shined brightly down on the couple following their dance. The midnight symphony sang louder as did Zero.
 
Your love is released
And you move me with ease
And you rescue me time after time
Oh Oh you give it your all
And you take it all in stride
 
 
As the song reaches it climax, Fleur feels her heart leap in love. Zero crescendos as does the back up.
 
Oh with all the power of a symphony
That's how my heart beats when you're holding me
I can't conceal, this is how it feels
To be loved by you
 
Everything forgotten, they dance. Nothing more mattered, their only concern was each other
 
Oh yeah, to be loved by you
If everybody knows, it's only because it shows
Because I take your love, Everywhere I go
 
Fleur and Zero once more share a loving embrace. The knight cradles the princess as he slowly hovers back to earth
 
I know what it is I need, It's clear as a shallow stream
It's as it seems, my only dreams
To be loved by you
 
 
(A/N okay all clear)
 
 
Zero landed softly in the grass still cradling Fleur. She curls as close as she can to him. Hearts dance in both their eyes. Fleur sighs, “Oh, Zero.”
Zero places his face closer to hers, so close, a kiss was threaten.
Plip!
A raindrop fell onto his armor followed quickly by more. The rain shower quickly ruined the romantic mood. Fleur groaned at the sky, Zero gave it an angry glare. Zero softly places Fleur back on the ground and makes a Mana circle to serve as an umbrella.
Fleur smiled, “You have a very handsome singing voice.”
Zero returned the smile, “Thank you.”
A pair of yellow eyes watched them from afar hidden in the growing storm. A lone figure sits atop the creature's head, cold harsh green eyes piercing the night. The figure snaps his fingers. And like a pet obeying its master, the creature walks towards the gundams, steaming exiting its joints as it moved.
Thunder softly rumbles, “We should be heading back now,” Zero concluded.
Fleur agreed then asked, “Zero, what was it you were going to tell me?”
“Nothing,” said Zero, “I'll tell you tomorrow. I've already forgotten.” He mentally kicked himself, `Mana I hate lying about this. The mood was perfect then the stupid rain started.' The start back towards the castle under the Mana circle. Zero hears the rhythmic steam, “What was that?”
Fleur stops and hovers, “What was what?” The yellow-eyed creature roared loudly and barreled out of the trees. Fleur screamed, “It's the Kraken!!!! Run!!!!” She takes off and flies into the storm.
Zero quickly follows after her, “Fleur! Fleur, wait for me!” the Kraken crashed through the trees and bamboo giving chase.
Zero catches up with her, “Fleur! What is that thing?”
“It's called the Kraken,” Fleur answered, “it's under the command of the cannibal pirate gundam Captain Narcissus and his five man crew. But it should be in Oceanica, not here.”
“Well,” Zero stated, “It's here and I'm not going to let it eat either one of us. Mana!” He fires a blue crescent at the Kraken slowing it down.
The sudden shower has evolved into a fierce thunderstorm. Lighting flashed across the heavens and thunder crashed. The Kraken roared louder then the thunder, its master crouched calmly atop its head. The mechanical beast disappears into the storm. Zero and Fleur continue their flight yearning to reach Facundra Castle.
“Ran into a spot a trouble?” Demonico appears.
“Shut up an move it!” Fleur orders.
The Kraken then appears from out of nowhere right in front of the princess. Fleur screams loudly as she tries to turn away from the gaping jaws.
“Fleur!” Zero grabs her wings and pulls her from the Kraken reach as it clamps down on thin air, “Are you okay?”
Fleur replies, “Yes, thank you Zero.”
“That was close,” Demonico commented.
“What are you doing here?” Zero asked harshly.
“Looking for you two lovebirds,” he answers, “Now let's get out of here. narcissus looks hungry.”
The beast roars again and chases them out of the forest and onto the castle grounds. An energy blast catches Demonico in the back propelling him through a window. He bounces and rolls before stopping, “Ouch….”
 
 
“What was that?” Bakunetsumaru asked.
“Good question,” Eristis responded.
Aqua looks out a window, “Captain Narcissus is going to eat Zero and Fleur!”
 
 
The Kraken disappears and reappears again right next to Zero. With one mighty swipe, the Kraken knocks Zero into the demolished porch.
“Zero!” Fleur flies down as the Kraken looms overhead. “Zero get up!” Fleur tries lifting him up, “Jeez, you're heavy.”
Zero shakes off the blow and stands up, “Cheap shot.” The Kraken roars again its master rises. Fleur gasps and cowards behind Zero. Zero holds out his arms protectively.
The lighting crashed again as Captain Narcissus jumps from his beast and lands on Zero chest, knocking the wind from the knight. He keeps one foot on the knight pinning both of the gundams. Thunder rumbles, the rain falls harder and faster. Narcissus trains a sword to Zero's neck. Lighting flashed again reveling the cannibal, Captain Narcissus. He wore a high collared cape that waved in the wind, his broken command fin held a hat in place against the billowing wind. A fish like tail curled around his feet, battle scars criss-cross his entire body and pointed mouth guard. His most predominate feature was and x shaped scar, which outlines his cold hard green eyes. The pirate gundam stood glaring at his prey. Fleur was frozen with fear, Zero prayed for a miracle. Everyone else watched the scene in horror unsure of what to do.
Fleur softly pleads, “Please, don't hurt us.” Narcissus's eyes shift to Fleur. She continues, “Please. I beg of you.” He takes a growling breath. “Please?” Narcissus moves his sword from Zero's neck. He then swiftly slices Zero across the shoulder. Zero flinches in pain but keeps his eyes forward. The storm rumbled again, Narcissus removes his foot from the knight's chest and continues to glare. He points his sword at just between Zero's eyes. Captain Narcissus smirks and taps his foot twice. Both him and the Kraken disappear into the rain.
 
 
“Are you crazy!?”
“Are you okay?”
“What were you thinking?”
“How did you provoke the Captain Narcissus?”
“Do you want a cannibal to eat you?”
Zero takes a deep breath, “No. yes. We weren't. I don't know. And no.” Fleur sat silently still shaken from the event.
Shute spoke up, “Stupid question, but who is Captain Narcissus?”
Aqua answers, “The most notorious, most viscous, most vile gundam to have ever lived. He's a cannibal they say. Feared even by demons. And his mechanical water beast pet, the Kraken, drags his prey down so that he may…”
“Stop!” Fleur finally shouts, “No more. Please, Aqua, just shut up.”
“-feast,” Aqua finished.
A shudder ran through the Force.
“Great,” said Baku, “now I won't be able to sleep.”
“At least try,” said Captain, We must face Skylark tomorrow.”
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Zako Zako Hour!
 
Z1: Greeting ladies and gentlebots today's meeting is all about.
All 3: All these strange happenings
Z1: Zako zako!
Z2: So much for a day of rest huh zako?
Z3: You can say that again zako. First we get attacked by a giant three-headed sand snake then a cannibal gundam named Captain Narcissus comes along an nearly gets Zero and Fleur zako zako.
Z1: Screen please, zako. As you see, after the gundams left the infirmary they decided to split up.
Z2: Now we had already long since left with Lord Genkimaru to explore Facundra. That's why we were so far away zako.
Z3: But after river rafting we were confronted by this sand snake from Areno zako
Z2: I don't care how much she wants to deny it zako, Acucallis sent that thing to take us out.
Z1: But I wonder what Captain Narcissus was doing here zako? It's pretty clear that it was the Kraken who Cobramaru heard but why was he following us? And watching Fleur and Zero.
Z2: Perhaps if we knew a little more we can find out.
Z1 and Z3: Good idea zako.
Z2: Okay, here's what we know so far. Captain Narcissus is a water gundam from Oceanica. He is the leader of a five-man crew. He's a pirate. He's a cannibal. And he spared Zero and Fleur's life after she pleaded to him.
Z3: I got it zako!
Z1 and Z2: What is it zako?
Z3: Note that at both occurrences one of the Skylarkain princesses was at the scene. So he must have a crush on the princesses.
Z1: That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard!
Z2: He can't be in love with them!
Z1 and Z2: Zako kick! (kicks Z3 off stage)
Z1: Idiot.
Z2: (runs off stage, returns) Here we go, a picture of Captain Narcissus and his crew. Screen please, zako.
Z1: There's Narcissus front and center but who are the others?
Z2: That's what we have to find out. (curtain closes)
Z1: Anyway for the future of the treaty. Zako soldiers fight! Yeah!
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
No rest for the weary. Next up GF vs. Skylark! Review, please.