SD Gundam Fan Fiction ❯ Yakunan Rijun ❯ Newcomers ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

One month later Ark. Bakunetsumaru sits in a tree's shade napping keeping a very loose grip on his fishing rod. Off in the distance, a Big Zam lumbers onward, crowned with moss and sporting a tree. Standing under the tree is Bakuhamaru, Mokinmaru, Kijuumaru, and Haganemaru. Cobramaru is sprawled out among the tree limbs sleeping, but ever alert. An army of zakos follows dutifully at the Big Zam's feet with more sitting up top keeping an eye out for danger. Genkimaru rides ahead on Oshogo, the twin horse drawn chariot Kibaomaru gave him. Zapper Zaku, Grappler Gouf, and Destroyer Dom sit in the cockpit bored beyond belief.
 
“Man the peaceful life sucks!” Grappler complained.
 
“Quite your bellyaching,” Zapper snarled, “yeah it stinks, but there's nothing we can do about it.”
 
“Me want big boom!” D. Dom shouted.
 
Zapper growls again, “Shut up!”
 
Genkimaru's head snaps to the sky, “Huh?” He halts the twin horses, stopping the Big Zam in turn.
 
Cobramaru snaps awake, “is something wrong?”
 
“Were you even sleeping?” Bakuhamaru asked. Genkimaru remains silent and scours the sky.
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Back with Bakunetsumaru, two certain gundams now sat in tree. A rose appears on the samurai's helmet with no effect. “That usually wakes him up,” Zero whispers.
 
Entango nickers and approaches the tree. Fleur whispers, “Shh…keep quite Entango.” He nickers again and returns to the grass.
 
Zero snaps his fingers once more planting an entire garden of roses on Baku and his rod. A breeze rolls by stirring the musha. He blinks and notices the foliage. “Zero!” Baku spins around and looks at the duo, “What's the big idea!?” he roars, “Shouldn't you two be planning your wedding?”
 
“Simmer down you hot head,” Zero said calmly.
 
Fleur explains, “We came here for some peace.”
 
Bakunetsumaru roughly plucks all the roses and threatens to snap them in two when a feminine voice rings out, “Hello, Blazing Samurai!”
 
Baku turns towards the voice and spies an orange and yellow female musha with, according to him, big beautiful deep brown eyes. Her command fin seemed to disappear into her helmet, her build was petite. “Hitomi! Baku calls to the approaching gundamess, “What are you doing here?”
 
Hitomi hands him the fishing pole, “Your rod escaped.”
 
Baku deeply blushed and takes his rod, “Thanks…um here. I got these for you.” He offers her the roses.
 
Hitomi gaps and takes the bouquet, “Oh Bakunetsumaru they're beautiful!” She gives Baku a hug causing him to blush deeper. She breaks the hug and runs off, “I'll see you around!”
 
“Okay!” Bakunetsu shouts back, “Bye!”
 
Fleur purred, “Hello.”
 
“What?” Baku asked.
 
Zero softly chuckled, “You like her don't you?”
 
Baku snaps, “No I…” he trails off and narrows his eyes in Hitomi's direction, “…maybe.” Zero sighs as Fleur giggles.
 
Suddenly, mysterious lighting crackles across the cloudless sky, conversing on a single spot, then forming a pillar aimed right at Genkimaru's portal.
 
“Genkimaru!” Cobramaru shouts, “Genkimaru!”
 
“What the devils going on!” Mokinmaru shouted. Genkimaru stood in a trance, arm stretched out as though he was trying to pull something through the portal as it absorbed the lighting. A ball forms inside the pillar, travels down it, a fires out of the portal.
 
“Look out!” Cobramaru, leaps to the kid musha's aide snatching him away from the oncoming object. Oshogo runs for cover, the remaining mushas jump from the tank as the ball hits its right shoulder denting and jarring it. The zakos scatter, some still being tossed into the air as the ball contacts with the ground, dissipating and spilling its contents.
 
A male gundam tumbles across the earth, rolling over his katana's sheath, beam-rifle holster, and back mounted plasma canon. He comes to a stop face down in the grass and groans. He is green and yellow with some black on his torso and a red bandana tightly tied around his neck. His helmet is a constant blend of yellow to green and back. A gold command fin, resembling a crest, curves down and meets with the ends of two gold spikes, which curve from opposite sides of his helmet, forming a neck guard. A gold v-fin ended in three spikes and came together at a ruby. The gundam's torso was aerodynamic in build. Green and yellow are the primary colors with black zigzags emerging from the gold ring circling his red gun soul. Shoulder armor curved up at a sharp at a sharp forty-five degree angle, the color scheme matches his helmet with the exception of three black zigzags reaching to their curved point. Rectangle wrist guards, green lined with yellow have two small spikes sticking out of either side with a third longer spike curving towards his finger tips. His skirt armor bore a slight resemblance to Zero but flatter and is mostly black outlined in green. Boot like feet had the color scheme opposite his wrist guards with two dull spikes sticking out of either side of his ankles. The new gundam groans again and shakes his head, “Wh-where are we?” He pushes himself to all fours and shakes his head again. His hands scrape the dirt, as he let's out a short laugh, “Well, at least it's solid ground again.” His light brown eyes, set on a yellow background travel to an antenna weighed down by a small lamp containing a barely visible clock. He gently tugs on it pulling off a silvery gray splotch, “Are you okay Rubbish?”
 
The splotch shakes itself back into an elongated star shape no bigger than a gundam's hand wearing a black sash bearing a single clock. Rubbish opens his big eyes void of all color save a black dot for a pupil. It fiddles with its mustache, “Worse trip ever,” only Rubbish's mustached moved as it spoke, “Ah, Master Gio. Are you well?”
 
“Yes,” the gundam answered. Gio stretches his back, “I'll feel that on later.”
 
“Nonsense,” said Rubbish, “I'm five millenniums old and snapped right back. You are a teenaged gundam. You are fine.”
 
Gio replies sitting on his knees, “Whatever old man.”
 
Rubbish huffs and pulls down his lamp. The sprite checks the micro clock, “Despite that one month delay we are okay time wise. But we have some serious catching up to do. Come along Master Gio,” Rubbish hovers to his companions head, “Time's a…oh dear.”
 
Gio looks up and meets the wrong end of the Genki Power Squad's weapons. Nervously, he slowly rises with his hands up in surrender. Rubbish reaches as high as he can.
 
“Who are you!” Cobramaru demanded.
 
Gio answers, “I am Gio. And this is Rubbish, a wise sprite. We did not come to cause trouble,” he slowly backs away from the snake ninja, “So we'll just-”
 
Haganemaru's spike ball blocks their path, “You're not going anywhere.” Facing Hagane, Gio backs in a different direction and bumps into Destroyer's gun.
 
“Me make you go boom!” D. Dom said gleefully.
 
Gio whimpered and backed away from the gun happy mech. Mokinmaru prods him with his sword. Gio gulps and rotates on an axis locking eyes with the entire squad, constantly being threaten by them. The circle of gundams closes in as Gio and Rubbish look for an escape.
 
“What's going on here?!” Bakunetsumaru rides in on Entango followed by Zero and Fleur.
 
“Back off! He's ours!” Genkimaru shouted. Gio looks towards the approaching group, unsure if he should be relived or not.
 
Baku ignored the kid and walks to the circle's perimeter, “Who's this guy?”
 
“None of your concern samurai,” Zapper snarled.
 
Gio attempts to fly out of the ring but Grappler swipes him back to earth with his oversized claw, “I don't think so.”
 
Rubbish whispers, “It's not to late to plead you know.”
 
Gio shrugs, “Worth a shot.” He drops to all fours, “Please forgive me for invading your home. I did not come to seek war but to seek help. Please, I have been sent by my homeland to find the Gundam Force.” Everyone takes a step back in shock.
 
“How does he know of us?” Zero asked.
 
“We are quite famous, sweetie,” Fleur answers.
 
“You know the deal,” said Bakunetsumaru to Genki. Gio looks up hopefully. Genkimaru growled and delivers a swift quick to Gio's head, “You get lucky this time. Come on guys!” Genkimaru sticks out his tongue a `pulls' down his left eye. As they leave the scene.
 
Gio rubs his head, “Why that little….”
 
Rubbish sighs, “That was close.”
 
Baku helps Gio to his feet, “You okay?”
 
“Yes, thank you,” Gio answered.
 
“What's your name?” Fleur inquires.
 
Gio bows to them, “I am Gio and this is my traveling companion Rubbish.”
 
Rubbish asks politely, “How do you do ma'am and sirs?”
 
Greeting Gio and Rubbish,” said Zero, “I am Zero the Winged Knight of Lacroa and this is my fiancé, Princess Fleur of Skylark.”
 
“I am Bakunetsumaru the Blazing Samurai of Ark, which you are currently in,” the said musha stated.
 
Gio continues, “I am looking for the Gundam Force. Do you know of them.”
 
“We are three members of the Gundam Force,” Baku answers.
 
Gio's eyes lit up, “Y-you are the Gundam Force!” Gio shouts in celebration, “Gundam Force, please say that you will aid me and my home. We are exhausted and are in desperate need of your skills. I beg of you, for all my people.”
 
“Laying on kind of thick there aren't we?” Rubbish comments.
 
Zero replies, “Of course we will help you young lad.”
 
“Hold it!” Fleur shouted, “What about our wedding Zero?”
 
Zero began to sweat bullets, “Fleur, babe. The wedding is not for almost a year.” Zero noticed here bearing down on him, “wait listen, we can still help them and make all the necessary arrangements and planning while helping them. Surly you will not let his plead go unheard.”
 
Gio whispers to Baku, “I'm guessing we came at a bad time?”
 
“You have no idea,” Baku answered.
 
Fleur crosses her arms, “Fine. I'll help.” Zero breathes a sigh of relief. Fleur states, “We need to contact Neotopia.”
 
“Who?” Gio asked.
 
“Not who,” Zero corrected, “Where.”
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
 
A few minutes later, Zero, Fleur, and Gio fly through the Zakorello gate followed by Bakunetsumaru and Entango. Gio stops upon seeing the Dimensional Transport Device and gives a low whistle.
 
Bell Wood shouts, “Don't even think about damaging my device!”
 
Hyper Captain spots the new gundam, “So, you are Gio I presume?”
 
Gio lands a few feet from the Neotopian, “Yes, sir.”
 
Captain salutes, “I am Hyper Captain Gundam, leader of the Gundam Force.”
 
The human next to him salutes, “My name's Shute. welcome.” Gio nervously returns the salute.
 
“I am Rubbish,” the sprite chimes, “Greetings good sirs.”
 
Chief Haro approaches the scene, “Greeting Gio. I am Chief Haro, commander of the S.D.G.”
 
“Hello, Chief Haro, sir,” Gio replies.
 
Haro continues, “Now, why is it that you require our help?”
 
Gio begins, “Well, sir, just for the record I do not wish to drag all of you into my war. However, I require your assistance in locating the Angel of Death's weakness.”
 
“The Angel of Death?” everyone asked in unison.
 
“Correct,” Gio continued, “He is the cause for this chaos my home faces. All we know of the Angel's weakness is that it gives off a certain signal that only Rubbish can detect. And so, we were sent to find it and use it against him. Stopping this war. Will you help us in our plight?”
 
Shute, Zero, Bakunetsu, and Fleur look at Captain. Captain agrees, “You have our support Gio and Rubbish.”
 
“Yes!” Gio yells, “Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you!”
 
“Alright, simmer down there Master Gio,” said Rubbish, “Captain, Chief Haro, may we be shown the highest point in your city? It will make it easier to detect the signal.”
 
Shute asked, “Is it here?”
 
Gio answered, “Only one way to find out.”
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
 
After a whirlwind recap and a gunperry ride, the Gundam Force, plus Gio returns to Blanc Base
 
“Whoa!” Gio looks down into the city below, “Man, we are way far up! I'm glad II can fly.” Rubbish sits on the weather shield, his lamp blinking as he searches for the signal.
 
“Gio!” Captain motions for him to join the group.
 
Gio stands up and hovers to his new found comrades, “Yes, Captain?'
 
“If you don't mind me asking,” Captain began, “Why is it, when you spoke of war earlier, you addressed it as though it was quite normal.”
 
Gio looks off to the side, “Well, it is. For me anyway.”
 
“It is?” Bakunetsumaru asked.
 
Gio looks back at them. “For nearly as long as I can remember, war has been a part of my life. Fighting, training, death, uncertainty, watching comrades and foes fall but continuing on, attempting to side step their remains. I see it on a daily bases. My world is facing the apocalypse. And we are losing. This life is all I have known since….” Gio trailed off and looked at the floor.
 
Shute pushes, “Since wh-”
 
“Shute,” Fleur shakes her head. Shute looks back at Gio and sighs, scratching his head.
 
“No… those memories are only that,” Gio thought aloud, “I need to focus on my mission and succeed before time expires.”
 
“I've got it Master Gio!” Rubbish chimes. Rubbish hovers near the base's edge, “Come along fellows! Time's a-wasting!”
 
They follow Rubbish across the Neotopian skyline, his lantern glowing ever brighter as they reach go. Gio asks, “This seems to easy. Are you sure this is it?”
 
“Bob's your uncle!” Rubbish answered, “And it should be right here!” Rubbish lands on a rooftop proudly.
 
“There's nothing here,” Shute pointed out, “Nothing but rocks.”
 
Rubbish rubs his head, “But I'm sure…I…could have sworn… this is where it was the strongest….”
 
“Losing your touch old timer?” Gio teases.
 
“Let's see how well you function after five thousand years of existence,” Rubbish countered.
 
“Perhaps it's hidden,” Captain suggests.
 
“No…no, it was coming from this exact spot,” Rubbish growls in frustration
 
Gio gives an angry growl, “The one time I….” Something catches his eye, “Uh, is that normal?” The others look up and see a pillar of lighting had formed trained to a flat circle.
 
Zero speaks up, “That's what we saw before you showed Gio.”
 
“Crap!” Gio flips his plasma canon forward and trains it to the circle, “This is the last thing I need right now!”
 
“Hey, what's going on?” Shute asked. A ball of light appears in the pillar and flies out of the circle. Gio fires a red bolt of plasma at the ball but the creature inside swiftly dodges.
 
A gray cyborg wolf sides across the rooftop, rears up, and howls towards the heavens. His left front leg and right hind one are robotic, the right half of his face was plated with metal complete with a glowing cyborg eye and a robotic ear. Two metal plates wrapped around his chest harnessing missiles. Gio reflexively draws his beam rifle, putting away hi canon. Rubbish screams and fleas to the safety of Shute's pocket. Captain, Zero, Bakunetsumaru, and Fleur join Gio ready to fight.
 
The wolf growls and scoffs, “I see you already made some friends pup.”
 
“Who are you!” Captain demands.
 
“Lieutenant General Cy,” the cyborg wolf answers, “The last opponent you will ever face!” Cy charges the group. Gio fires his rifle at him as Captain trains his head mounted gattling gun to the cyborg wolf. The Lieutenant General easily and effortlessly evades the attack. Zero and Bakunetsumaru swoop in on a flank attack. The wolf jumps back allowing their weapons to clash then leaps off of them and onto to Gio. Gio quickly draws his katana catching the wolf before being flatten. He then blasts the wolf with a short burst of fire knocking him away. The gundam quickly springs back to his feet as Cy swivels around landing perfectly. Him and Gio charge each other meeting halfway. Cy maneuvers around the teenager's sword and pins him, “Any last words before meeting the Death Angel?”
 
“Lacroain Crescent!” A pulse of blue magic knocks the cyborg off of Gio, “Get up Gio!” Zero orders.
 
Gio scrambles to his feet and hovers, “Thank you!”
 
Cy performs a rolling recovery and goes on the attack once more. This time Bakunetsumaru confronts him, “Taste my blades!”
 
“No thanks,” Cy fires twin missiles at the samurai knocking him away. Fleur flies at the wolf, claws ready to strike. Cy catches her swing, “Care to dance?” He elbows her with his robotic forelimb knocking her harshly to the rooftop.
 
“Fleur!” Zero charges Cy, landing a blow with his shield, “Are you alright sweetie?” He helps her up.
 
“I'm fine,” Fleur answers, “Look out!”
 
“It's me you want!” Gio intercepts the Lieutenant General's attack via his beloved katana, “We're even Zero!”
 
Cy chomps the blade threatening to break it. Gio flips over exposing his hind robotic limb. Captain fires, damaging the cyborg knee joint. Cy yelps in pain and scurries away form the gundam group, “You're better than I thought.”
 
“You conceive defeat?' Baku asked in a threatening tone.
 
Cy smirked, “We will meet again. Now that you are part of this war, Gundam Force.” The pillar of lighting reappears, “Enjoy your lives while you can,” Cy jumps into pillar, returning to the ball of light then disappearing.
 
“We did it Master Gio!” Rubbish cheered.
 
“You didn't do anything!” Shute pointed out.
 
“Neither did you,” Rubbish snapped back.
 
Gio growls in anger, “Darn it! I didn't intend for this war to follow me here. I…,” he sighs sadly, “I didn't want you to become involved with this war.”
 
Captain places a comforting hand on his shoulder, “This isn't the first war we have been a part of.” Gio stares down at his feet, sheathing his katana.
 
Fleur asks, “Are you alright Gio?”
 
Gio looks up, “Yeah, I'm fine.” His light brown eyes shift among hid new comrades, “Thanks for helping us.”
 
Shute smiles, “It's what we do.”
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
 
Later that night, Gio lies in his new bed. Silvery moonlight seeps in making the small room glow as it dances off of his weapons, silently leaning against the corner. He stares out the window at the stares and moon as his reflection stares back. He smiles behind his three-gap mouth guard and let's out a soft chuckle.
 
“What are you thinking about Master Gio?” Rubbish asked.
 
Gio looks at his friend, then at the ceiling, “I'm not alone anymore.”
 
It was Rubbish's turn to chuckle, “You never have been.”
 
Gio yawns and slips into sleep, stretching as far and gundamly possible, “Good night Rubbish.”
 
Rubbish turns off his lantern, “G'night Master Gio.”
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
 
Zako…
Zako!
Zako!!
Zako Zako Hour!
 
Z1: Greeting ladies an gentlebots today's meeting is all about
Z1, Z2, and Z3: Who are these newcomers and were are they from zako!
Z1: Zako Zako!
Z2: You know zako I heard a rumor about these newcomers zako.
Z1, Z3: What's that zako?
Z2: I heard that they all come from the same planet zako
Z1, Z3: (sweat drop)
Z1: Well of course they do zako!
Z3: they used the same means to get here zako!
Z1, Z3: (punches Z2)
Z3: So exactly who are these newcomers zako?
Z1: The new green, yellow and black gundam is named Gio. His companion is a little sliver sprite named Rubbish. And the cyborg wolf is Lieutenant General Cy zako zako.
Z2: Gio and Cy are opponents in a war waging on their homeland, so where is their homeland zako?
Z1, Z3: We don't know!
Z1: Gio will tell us with time more than likely zako.
Z3: Agreed zako. But I think Gio is hiding something. While explaining why war was so normal to him he trailed off. I wonder what that was about zako.
Z2: Maybe it was some kind of horrible experience he had as a kid zako zako.
Z1: I seriously doubt that zako. But something is rather odd. His weapons look familiar for some reason zako. I wish we had more time. (curtain slams) For the future of the Genki Power Squad!
All zakos: Zako soldiers fight! Yeah!
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
 
Review please. Also I need ideas. Please post ideas on the World Discussion Board. And reviews here.