SD Gundam Fan Fiction ❯ Yakunan Rijun ❯ More Questions Arise ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Patience Sayla. Phoenix, Lucky, and Azural will come later. Sorry if this chapter seems slightly corny/stupid/random.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*
 
The next morning Shute and Captain enter the kitchen looking for breakfast. Instead, the youth finds it in shambles, “What the!” Dirty plates along with empty cartons, and boxes were strewn all over the countertops, and tables, some dangerously tilting over an open cupboard edge. “I don't believe this,” Shute groaned then yelled, “Bakunetsumaru!”
 
“Baku no awake yet,” Thief crawled from under the table, dresses in an open SDG jacket, “Morning!” He cheerfully greeted.
 
Captain questioned, “Did you do all this Thief?”
 
Thief shook his head, “Thief no do all. Gio ate most.”
 
Gio appeared from behind the open refrigerator door holding a banana. He let's out a muffled belch, “Morning Shute. Morning Captain.”
 
Shute reabsorb the scene, “You caused all this mess?”
 
Gio swallowed, “Forgive me. This is the first decent meal I have had in a while. I'll clean it up.”
 
“You ate all this?” Shute asked slightly surprised, “Jeez, you're as bad as a musha.”
 
“I was hungry,” Gio whined, “And mushas eat a lot more than this. Besides, I left some food.” He begins to clean away the dishes.
 
Thief made a quick exit as Bakunetsumaru walks in, “I'm starv- what the! Who ate all the food!”
 
“Gio consumed most with Thief's help,” Captain answered.
 
Shute whispered to Baku, “I think he's part musha.”
 
Baku growled and searched the cabinets, “There better be something left.”
 
“Who ate all the food!” Zero and Fleur stood at the door wide-eyed.
 
“Yo!” Gio answered, depositing more plates in the sink.
 
“And I thought Bakunetsumaru ate a lot,” Zero commented.
 
“Give me a break will you?” Gio asked, “I haven't eaten this good since the war began.”
 
“Aha!” Baku emerges with some cold dumplings and rice balls, “At least you left some Dim Sum.” He greedily munched on his findings.
 
“Leave some for us!” Shute shouted tackling the samurai. Baku stumbled from the added weight but easily pushed him off.
 
The door whooshed again, “I knew I would fine you here Master Gio,” Rubbish chirped.
 
“Found anything?' Gio asked without looking up.
 
Rubbish crosses his arms, “Good morn' to you as well. No, there is too much interference from both this base and city. If I could get somewhere more rural, then I could find a clearer signal.”
 
Shute went for the dumplings again, “No problem, we'll go to my house.”
 
Baku pushed him away again, “No way you're getting-hey!”
 
Zero used his Mana to snatch the dumplings from Baku, “It won't kill you to share.”
 
“Why you…” Baku tackles Zero as Fleur quickly snatches the plate. Shute took the opportunity to grab some food as Baku and Zero proceed to scrap, a fighting dust cloud crashing through out the room.
 
Gio stood stunned by the scene, “H-how often does that happen?”
 
“More often you think,” Fleur answered.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
 
After the breakfast fiasco, the Gundam Force made their way to Shute's house. Rubbish situated himself on the highest part of the chimney, taking Zero's usual spot. Captain and Shute had retreated to his workshop. Zero and Fleur perched on the roof, whilst Bakunetsumaru challenged Gio.
 
“Come on newcomer,” Baku taunted, “let's see what you got!”
 
Gio brandishes his katana, “I'm not going easy on you.”
 
Baku scoffs, “I wasn't planning on it.” The two gundams charge a begin to train each other.
 
Zero commented, “Well, well. It seems Bakunetsumaru has finally found a sparring partner.”
 
“You're not jealous are you?” Fleur teased
 
Zero scoffed, “Nay, princess. One, I have you. Two, this provides me with greater opportunity.”
 
Gio brings his blade down a Bakunetsu's crossed katanas. On impact, a single rose appears on Gio's sword tip, “Huh?”
 
Baku growls and snaps, “Knock it off Zero!”
 
Zero points at Fleur, “It was her idea.”
 
Fleur playfully kicks him, “There are three more pointing back at you, honey.”
 
A blue scanner covers Gio's eyes as he examines the rose,
“A blue rose sweet smell,
Wafts among the peaceful breeze,
Neotopia.”
He plucks the rose and samples its fragrance.
 
“You're a poet?” Baku asked.
 
Gio chuckled, “Well, somewhat. I need something to keep me from going crazy.”
 
The group jumps as Rubbish's micro clock within his lamps rings loudly, shaking the sprite. He yanks down his lamp and silences the alarm, “I'm never going to hear the end of this.” He sighs and returns to searching.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
 
A metal fortress stands tall on a desolent wasteland. Remains litter the ground, turrets manned by mecha slowly turn searching for an unseen army. All greenery gone, shrived trees stand choked in death, the parched earth, scarred by war lay void of life gazing upon the impenetrable walls. Guards, mecha, organic, and cyborg can be seen walking the tops of the perimeter, stopping only briefly to exchange news then continue on their rounds. Warriors gaze out of towers rouge ninja wait ever silent in shadows. Inside the barricade, Lieutenant General Cy watches tiny worker bots finish repairing his leg. Cy growls, This is crazy. We need more gundamium. It's time we attacked the resistance again or melt the remains or prisoners one.” Finished, the repair bots scurry away allowing Cy to test his leg, “Ah. That's better.”
Darkness engulfs the windowless metallic room, extinguishing all fires and electric lights, “Lieutenant General Cy!” Cy gulps at the echoing voice, “Where is he!?”
Cy responds nervously, “Angel of Death! Sire! I-I can explain It-it's not-”
“Silence!” the Death Angel barked, “Are you so incompetent that you cannot bring me one! Single! Gundam!”
Cy whimpers at the booming voice, “B-b-but my grace, he has found friends. Four gundam and a human. All from different dimensions. Or so says my nose.”
 
“What!?!” the Angel boomed, “Was there a military gundam, a knight, a samurai, and a princess?”
 
Cy nodded, “Yes Death Angel. Do you know of them?”
 
Death Angel ignored, or just didn't hear him, “The hell is he doing with the Gundam Force? Change in plans Lieutenant General. Bring me the human.”
 
“The human Death Angel?” Cy was quizzled, “Forgive me for doubting your judge-”
“Do as you are told!” Cy whimpered and shrunk. His master continued, “And this time, take the Stealth prototype.”
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
 
Gio sighed and leaned against the wood railing, his arms wrapped around the top and heels digging into the patio. His eyes shifted to the slow moving clouds, “Found anything yet, Rubbish?”
 
“When something is found I will let you know first Master Gio,” Rubbish answered, “Granted that cyborg wolf does not return, this will take quite some time. However, with Neotopia being as small as it is, this may take until close to midnight or maybe even tomorrow morning.”
 
Gio groaned and leaned over the banister, “Time is not on our side you know.”
 
Rubbish replies, “Yes, yes, I am well aware that time's a-wastin' but this is beyond my control. Why don't you go shoot at something for a while.”
 
“Well…I do have an itching trigger finger,” Gio admitted.
 
“Use some of Zero's flowers,” said Baku, “they make pretty good targets.”
 
How dare you suggest such a thing!” Zero shouted, “A princess rose is not deserving of such treatment!”
 
“It is when you annoy me to no end with it!” Baku countered.
 
Fleur sighed, “Her we go again.”
 
Gio's expression softens, “I can't use roses. My mother loved them to deeply.” Gio closes his eyes, “Mother…how I miss you're face.” He began to daydream and found himself younger and playing in a field. A freighting face appeared making him gasp and awaken. He sighed, “Vile memory leave me.”
 
Captain looks off Shute's balcony, “What was that?”
 
“What was what?” Shute asked from below.
 
Captain scanned the area, “Nothing.” He turned back, “Are you ready to show it to me?”
 
“You bet,” Shute climbs up, “Well? How do I look?” Shute sported gundam like boots connected to shin guards. Gundamium gauntlets stretch over the tops of his fingers, wrists, and lower arms. An incomplete helmet with a small gold v-fin sat snug, crowing his head.
 
“Shute,” said Captain, “You look 32.76% a gundam.”
 
Shute smiled, “Pretty good huh? I'm not done yet. Do you think Koa-Lynn will help me?”
 
“I am sure he would be most eager to do so,” Captain answered.
 
Shute nodded, “Come on Captain, let's go show the others.”
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
 
Now invisible, Lieutenant General Cy sneaks towards the walkway connecting the house and workshop, “Oh look at me! I'm the Angel of Death. I'm going to send Cy to kidnap a defenseless human boy while our supply of gundamium runs ever shorter. Oh brother. Why the hell does he want me to kidnap the boy? Why not a gundam. Or the time sprite? Surly they are of more value than a human!” An opening door catches his attention. Cy quickly shuts his trap and silently moves towards the walkway as Captain and Shute enter. Cy gasps, “The human! He's becoming a gundam! No wonder he wants him. Are all gundams here humans in there youth. Maybe Captain is his dad.” Cy prepares to pounce.
 
“Wh-whoa!” Shute flails his arms.
 
“Careful Shute!” Captain pulls the human back, allowing Cy to sail right pass both of them then roll into a bush.
 
Shute shifts his balance, “Thanks. Walking in this is harder than I thought.”
 
Captain nods, “You will get use to it with time.”
 
Cy pops out of the bush, sticks and leaves lodged in his organic fur and robotic parts. He shakes off the plant matter, “What the hairball? Did they see me? No, impossible.”
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
 
“Hey guys!” Shute manages to pull himself up the stairs and run towards the others, slightly winded, “What do think?”
 
Baku went bug eyed, “Shute! What happen! You're turning into a gundam!”
 
“He's wearing gundam armor,” Fleur corrected then commented, “Very impressive Shute.
 
“Can you even walk in that?” Gio asked.
 
Shute chuckled, “Not really. But I'm going to make a full body of armor so I might as well get use to it.”
 
“Well the young Shute,” said Zero, “You might as well practice in it.”
 
“Good idea,” said Shute, “Captain will you help me?”
 
“Gladly Shute,” Captain answered.
 
“Wait a second!” Rubbish shouted, “Do you hooligans plan on leaving me here unprotected!?”
 
Gio answered, “Calm down old timer. Look, you stay here and keep searching while we go practice.”
 
Rubbish huffed, “And what if I find something Master Gio?”
 
“Then find and tell us,” Gio answered. He followed after his departing friends, “Later!” Rubbish grumbles under his breath and returns to his duties.
 
Cy perks up, “Hmmm…training huh? That should be chaotic enough to snatch the human. Or should I start calling him a gundam?” Cy shrugs and follows.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
 
The lieutenant general follows Captain, Shute, Zero, Baku, Fleur and Gio to a rural area marked only by a walkway, far from prying eyes. Cy remains hidden in a tree even though he was still invisible even to scanners.
 
Captain stands opposite his best friend, “Alright Shute, let us see your current skill level.”
 
Shute cracks his knuckles, “You got it Captain.”
 
Captain takes his fighting stance, “Ready?”
 
Shute mimics the stance, “Ready!” Captain revs his heel wheels and charges forward. The human tenses then attempts to jump out of the way. Captain grabs Shute by the ankle and pins him against his chest, “You moved to late Shute. Though clever, your timing needs practice.”
 
“Okay,” Shute replies submissively. Training continues, Shute taking a chance with all the gundams; Gio managing to sooth his itching trigger finger and learning just how flexible a female can be; Zero and Baku, of course, managed to turn the simple training session into an all out battle, causing Captain to intervene.
“Oof!” Shute hits the grass hard, Baku holding twin sticks at his throat.
 
“You're dead again,” said Bakunetsumaru.
 
Shute groaned and returned to his feet, “You make this look easy.”
 
“We have been doing this longer then you have young Shute,” Zero mused.
 
“Long enough to take on me?” Gio challenged, twirling his beam rifle.
 
“You?” Zero scoffs, “You flatter yourself Gio. I am a noble knight of Lacroa. You will be an easy match.”
 
“Let's test that theory shall we?” Gio holsters his rifle, “Come on Zero.”
 
Zero took his place opposite Gio, `Very well. En garde!” The newcomer and the knight charge each other and lock swords. Gio breaks the bond and fires his beam rifle. Zero puts up a Mana shield deflecting the hovering gundam's attack.
 
Captain scans the fight, “Interesting. Gio is ambidextrous.”
 
Baku comments, “Such a trait helps greatly in times of war.” Cy sees his chance and creeps closer to the observers, eyes on his prey.
 
Zero flies higher and fires a Lacroain crescent at the youthful gundam. Gio flattens his body, allowing it to sail over him, as he charges Zero once more. The Winged Knight catches the teenager's sword on his shield and kicks Gio in the side, making him plummet towards the others.
 
“Scatter!” Captain and Shute dart left as Baku and Fleur go right.
 
Cy looks up, “Crap.” Gio slams into the cyborg wolf, flips over, and digs one heel into the walkway and activates his flight boaster on the other. Cy tumbles on down before halting. He shakes off the blow, “Stupid freaking gundams!” He snarls under his breath.
 
Gio spins his arms before regaining balance, “Touché Zero.”
 
Zero proudly made a stance, “I tried to warn you ere we battled.”
 
Cy scans the group with his cyborg eye, “I need a new plan. Hmm…perhaps a distraction.” He fires a lone silent missile.
 
The ground behind Fleur erupted forth frightening the princess. She jumps in to Zero's arms, “Great Spirit Above! What was that?”
 
Zero draws her close shielding his beloved, `What by Mana caused that?”
 
Captain and Bakunetsumaru examined the crater. Captain scans the point of impact, “Odd. Whatever made this is no longer present.”
 
Baku whistles low, “Another inch and that would have been you Fleur.”
 
Fleur ruffles her feathers, “I felt it.”
 
Cy creeps towards Shute, “Just grab the brat and run. Too easy.”
 
Shute swivels towards Gio, unknowingly smacking Cy upside the head. Cy winced and rubbed the impact point. “Hey Gio,” Shute started, “Can anyone from your world do that?”
 
“Not to my knowledge,” he answered.
 
“Gio!” Captain calls out. Shute and Gio face Captain, Cy getting hit on the organic half of his head in the process, “Do you have any logical explanation for this?”
 
Gio head his head in thought, “According to our spies, the Angel of Death's forces have been working on a personal cloaking device called Stealth. It makes the wearer invisible to both eye and scanner. Last I heard, it was still a prototype full of bugs.”
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
 
Cy gulps, “They know of it?” He thought, “No wonder I've been getting attack!” Cy quickly returns to the fortress undetected, “Death Angel my lord. The Gundam Force is better than I have expected. I was nearly discovered even with Stealth. Also, there is a Resistance spy among us.
 
The Angel of Death snarled, “I have long known of a spy among us. As for you Lieutenant General, you have proved yourself worthless for this mission! Return to the front! Go!” Cy silently bows and swiftly leaves. Death Angel snarled, “Even in death thou art a thorn in my side.” The shroud of darkness swirls together around a single figure, “For now I give you peace young Gio. I know not how you came to find the Gundam Force of tales long past, but I assure you,” The figure opens two solid red eyes, “You will not find my weakness.”
 ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
 
Twilight falls on Neotopia calling the Gundam Force to retire for the night. As they approach Shute's house, Rubbish greets them, “Hail friends! How goes your day?”
 
“Do you find anything?” Gio asked.
 
Rubbish sighs, “You should really have fun every once in a while and enjoy this peace young master. You have told me you did not know of it. And to answer your question, no, the weakness is not here.”
 
“Drat,” said Gio, “The search goes on.”
 
Rubbish jumps to Gio's head, “Where to next Master Gio?”
 
“Ark,” Captain answered, “There must me some reason you arrived there.”
 
Gio nodded, “Sounds good me. Next stop, the land of Ark.”
 
“After some sleep,” Shute protested.
 
“Oh yeah after some sleep,” Gio replied, “I meant tomorrow morning.”
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
 
ZAKO ZAKO HOUR!
 
Z1: Greetings ladies and gentlebots, today's meeting is all about, (notices other two are missing) Huh? Hey where is everybody zako?
Z2: (off stage) Has the show started zako?
Z1: Yes it's stared now get up here!
Z2: (runs up on stage) Sorry about that zako.
Z1: Where's the other guy zako?
Z3: (running) Coming zako zako.
Z1: Why are you two so late zako?
Z2 & Z3: We were doing research zako.
Z1: What kind of research zako?
Z2: Screen please zako. (screen shows Angel of Death's glaring red eye)
Z3: We were trying to find out some things on this guy zako and also him (screen shows Rubbish)
Z1: I get the Death Angel zako but why Rubbish?
Z2: Because zako, Lieutenant General Cy called him a time sprite.
Z3: Which raises the question, what is a time sprite zako?
Z1 & Z2: We don't know!
Z1: Gio is coming to Ark tomorrow so we can ask him then.
Z2: Good Idea zako, he might even know a thing or to about the Angel of Death (curtain slams)
Z1: Anyway, for the future of the Genki Power Squad, zako soldiers fight! Yeah!!!
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *
Confused? All will be made clear. I promise. Review please.