SD Gundam Fan Fiction ❯ Yakunan Rijun ❯ Searching Ark ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Ark, home of musha gundams. No humans populate this land. Honor is held in high priority. After recovering from the civil war brought forth by the Dark Axis, Kibaomaru gained the title of emperor after a stay in Lacroa, but continues to be kept under close watch by the former ruler Britainmaru. Before the Gundam Force's arrival, Chief Haro contacts both musha leaders.
 
“What makes you think the weakness is here?” Kibaomaru asked
 
Haro answers, “There must be some reason Gio arrived in Ark first.”
 
“He came to bring Ark into another war!” Britainmaru stated angrily.
 
“I assure you, it is not his plan,” Chief Haro replied calmly.
 
Kiba scoffs and challenged, “Then explain his attack on Genkimaru and his Squad.”
 
Haro's ears flourish, “He what!?” Haro was shown Gio's rough entrance into Ark, “Hmmm...Very well. I will make sure Captain Gundam keeps a close watch on him.”
 
“See that you do,” Kibaomaru's screen blinked off followed by the still fuming Britainmaru's.
 
Haro sinks deep in thought, “Gio supposedly attacks Genkimaru then ask for our help. What is he up to? And how did he know of us?”
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
 
A purple vortex swirls above Britainmaru's stronghold, giving the Gundam Force access to Ark. Bakunetsumaru lands first riding Entango. Captain and Shute emerge next followed by Zero and Fleur. Gio and Rubbish exit last and land near the samurai.
 
“Freeze Gio!” Numerous nobusshi surround then yellow, green, and black gundam. “Don't make a move!” Britainmaru ordered.
 
Gio looks at his offenders and sweat drops, “Not again.”
 
“Master Britainmaru,” said Bakunetsumaru, “what is the meaning of this?”
 
Britainmaru answered, “This no good ruffian is charged with attacking the Genki Power Squad and Young Lord Genkimaru.”
 
“Master Britainmaru,” Captain started, “I have already been issued orders to watch Gio during our stay in Ark.”
 
“Britainmaru, sir,” Gio explained, “Please, allow me to speak. I had been trapped within the Vortex for a month's time. It was not my plan for my companion, Rubbish, and I to be propelled out and into Young Lord Genkimaru and his Squad. I beg your forgiveness.” Gio bows to the aged musha, “We merely seek the Angel of Death's weakness.”
 
“Why should we believe you?” asked Ginkaku.
 
“I bet your working for this Angel of Death!” Kinkaku accused.
 
“Master Britainmaru, if I may,” Baku cautiously started, “I will personally keep watch on Gio. As for Rubbish, he will stay here and scan for the signal.”
 
“Good sir!” Rubbish objected, “You intend to leave me here with these sword happy mechas!?”
 
“Until you finish scanning Ark, yes,” Bakunestu answered.
 
Britainmaru growled, “Very well. The searcher, Rubbish stays here and Gio remains with you.” A nobusshi plucks Rubbish from Gio's head, nearly squeezing his life out.
 
Rubbish struggles, “Can you let up a little, please, sir?”
 
Britainmaru glared, “Don't fail me Bakunetsumaru.”
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
 
“So when did you plan on telling us you attacked the Genki Power Squad?” Shute asked as they traveled Ark.
 
Gio replies, “I didn't attack them. They attacked me. You three saw it.” He faces Zero, Baku, and Fleur.
 
“We saw that hi squad had surrounded you,” Fleur answered, “You never said why.”
 
“I can answer that,” Captain projects Gio's `attack' on the trance Genkimaru and his squad.
 
“Looks like an attack to me,” Zero commented.
 
Gio protested, “I had no desire in attacking. Only to free myself from the Vortex.”
 
“You were trapped in the Minov Boundary Sea?” Shute asked.
 
“If that's what you want to call it yes,” Gio answered. He fingered his red bandana, “I wish Rubbish would work faster. We only have nine months to find the weakness.”
 
“What's with the time constraint?” Bakunetsu asked.
 
Gio readjust his red garment, “Border control. We used to always explore other dimensions. That's how we came across the story of the Gundam Force vs. the Dark Axis. Now that the Angel of Death has appeared, access to our world is tightly constrained. And so, I've only been given nine months before I must return. Or else, I can't go back.”
 
“Ouch,” Shute comments, “That's nowhere near long enough.”
 
“Tell me about it,” Gio replied.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
 
Cobramaru skillfully lands atop the Big Zam and kneels to the kid musha, “Lord Genkimaru. The Gundam Force is approaching with the newcomer Gio.”
 
“Excellent,” Genkimaru chirped, “Zakos! Are you ready for the interrogation?”
 
“Yes sire zako!” three Zakos each holding a different colored microphone answered.
 
Genkimaru nodded, “Alright men! You know what to do!”
 
“You got it Genkimaru!” Zapper answers pumping his fist.
 
Grappler grins, “We haven't had this much fun for quite some time.”
 
“Come on! Let's go!” Bakuhamaru shouts. He leads Mokinmaru, Haganemaru, Kijuumaru, and the Dark Axis trio towards their target with Cobramaru dashing ahead.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
 
“Hey cutie!” Cobramaru jumps from seemingly no where at Fleur.
 
She swiftly dodges, “What do you want Cobramaru?”
 
Bakuhamaru appears next, “It's not what we want but what Lord Genkimaru wants!” He faces off with Bakunetsumaru. Mokinmaru appears and challenges Zero. Haganemaru rolls onto the scene, encased in his spiked ball aiming for Captain and Shute. Gio quickly hovered out the way.
 
Bakunetsu stares down Bakuha, “Why are you here?” Bakunetsu demanded.
 
“Lord Genkimaru sent us,” Bakuha answers swinging his hammer.
 
“We don't have time to play with you!” Zero stated.
 
Mokin parries his attack, “I assure you, we're not here to play.”
 
Haganemaru circles around the Neotopians at a blinding speed.
 
Captain shields Shute, “Genkimaru must be up to something.”
 
“That or he's bored,” said Shute.
 
Gio sweat drops, “I have landed in a very strange dimension.” Kijuumaru swings his long arms and ensnares the distracted gundam. “What the!?” Gio struggles to get free, “Let me go!”
 
“Dark Axis! Catch!” Kijuu tosses him at the trio.
 
“Gottcha!” Zapper holds him in a headlock.
 
Grappler grabs his legs, “You're not going anywhere!”
 
D. Dom wraps his arms around Gio's torso, “We got the gundam!”
 
Gio struggles to free himself, “Let go! Come on! Let go of me!” The trio runs off towards the Big Zam.
 
Kijuumaru shouts, “We got him! Move out!” The remaining squad members fall back and race to their mobile base.
 
“That was weird,” Baku commented
 
“Where did Gio go?” Captain asked.
 
“Guys! Help me!”
 
“Oh, crap,” Baku mounted Entango and follows the retreating mushas.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
 
“Let go!” Gio demanded, “What do you want from me?”
 
“Just some answers,” Zapper answered.
 
“Stop!” Bakunetsumaru shouted, “Come back here!”
 
“Make us!” Destroyer shouted back. The Genki Power squad quickly darts behind a bamboo barricade, the Gundam Force close behind
 
“We got him Genkimaru!' Grappler shouts.
 
“About time!” Genkimaru replies, “Destroyer Dom, you and the host zakos tie him up.”
 
“Yes sir,” D. Dom and the three zakos scurry behind the stage. The rest of the squad stands behind Genkimaru, the kid taking his rightful spot atop Zapper's head.
 
Entango whinnies as Baku, Captain, Shute, Zero, and Fleur charge in, scattering some zakos in the process.
 
“What is the meaning of this Genkimaru!?” Bakunetsumaru harshly demanded more than asked.
 
Genki smirked, “We're going to get some information out of him. We have a whole list of questions for this guy.”
 
“What kind of questions?” Captain asked.
 
“Probably the same one's you have,” Cobra answered.
 
“That's not a bad idea,” Captain replied, “Can we add our own?”
 
“Sure,” Genkimaru answered. One quick pass of the question list, and swapping information later, a zako scuttles behind the curtain. He darts back out front and pushes it aside reveling three zakos, each holding a red round, blue square, or yellow triangular microphone.
 
Red mic started, “Hello and welcome to today's Zako Zako Hour! Today's meeting is all about….”
 
All three spoke in unison, “The secrets of the newcomer Gio!” The zakos in the audience cheer.
 
Red mic nodded, “Zako! Zako!”
 
“Alright bring him out zako,” said Yellow mic.
 
D. Dom carries the struggling chained gundam on stage, “Up you go!” He tosses him on stage into the middle of the host zakos.
 
“Jerk!” Gio shouted at the retreating mecha. An over sized shoji piece cuffs his hands and weighted ankle cuffs connected by an electric bond prevent him from running or flying.
 
“Alright you talk!” Blue mic demanded.
 
Gio stood up, “What are you talking about?”
 
“Don't play dumb with us zako,” said red mic, “You're hiding something.”
 
“No, I'm not,” Gio protested.
 
“Yes, you are,” the host zakos pushed.
 
“Am not.”
 
“Are to.”
 
“Am not!”
 
“Are to!”
 
“Am Not!”
 
“Are To!”
 
“Am NOT!”
 
“Are TO!”
 
“Prove it!” Gio finally shouted.
 
“Very well zako,” Yellow mic pulls out a scroll, “Let's see here…aha! While at SDG base your story trailed off. What were you hiding zako?”
 
Gio looked at the Gundam Force, “I thought you were on my side,” he whined.
 
“Answer it!” Bakunetsu shouted.
 
Gio turned his back to the crowd, “I refuse.”
 
Blue mic fumed, “Okay, we'll just examine your weapons.” The threesome reaches for his back mounted plasma cannon.
 
“Don't think so!” Gio scuttles to one end of the stage.
 
“Come here you!” the zakos charge him. Gio slides to the opposite end. They try again but with the same effect. One more try but Gio slides away. The zakos collapse on top of each other, “Okay zako, you win this round,” said Red mic.
 
“Forget it. You'll never get my weapons,” Gio chuckles in victory.
 
Fleur noticed something, “is it just me or does Gio's laugh sound like Zero's?”
 
“Huh?” Zero asked.
 
Baku cocks his head, “Yeah, a little bit.”
 
Captain speaks up, “It's not exact but it is close.”
 
Shute breathed, “Weird.”
 
Grappler slaps his forehead, “This is becoming embarrassing.”
 
Genkimaru ordered, “Cobramaru. Go help them.”
 
“Hup!” Cobramaru leaps onstage startling the zakos and Gio, “Okay you arrogant punk. You better start giving some answers,” Cobramaru flashes his clawed hand, “or this will turn ugly.”
 
Gio shuffles a few feet from the ninja, “Okay, let's not do anything rash.”
 
Yellow mic looks at the scroll, “Okay from the top, why are you here?”
 
“To discover the Angel of Death's weakness.” Gio calmly answered.
 
Red mic took the scroll, “Why did you attack Lord Genkimaru?”
 
Gio snaps, “I didn't attack him!” Fire engulfs the youth's body, “For the last time Rubbish and I were trying to find a way out of the Minov Boundary Sea! It just so happens that it involved using his portal! We were trapped for a month! We were ready to use any means to get out! And his portal provided us with it!”
 
“Uh…forget we asked that zako,” the zakos replied cowarding. Cobramaru stood defensively in shock. Gio growls, extinguishing the flame.
 
Red mic whispers to Blue and Yellow, “looks like we're dealing with a hothead zako. Let's try and not press his buttons.” His companions agreed Red mic scans the scroll, “Ah, here's a good one. What do you know about the Angel of Death?”
 
“Not much,” Gio answered, Just that he is a destroyer of worlds. And he is undeniably strong. My compatriots and I have only penetrated his fortress once, with tragic results. Many were lost as we navigated through the compound, deeper, and closer to were the Death Angel waited. We reached him, but soon wished we had not. Our strongest warrior was severely injured in the fight. Many fell beneath his might. Only a small handful of those who entered escaped with their lives.” Gio sighed in remorse, “He was quick and merciless. All we could do was retreat. Ever since, we have been trapped in a losing war. It was a last ditch attempt when I was chosen to find help. We had heard stories of Captain Gundam, Zero the Winged Knight, and Bakunetsumaru the Blazing Samurai, I knew it was them I had to find.” A dead silence fell on the crowd. Some let out a low whistle.
 
Yellow mic broke the silence, “Returning to our first question, what is the secret you wouldn't tell us.”
 
Gio lowers his eyes, “It is a sour memory, of the day this war began. It was also the last memory I have of my parents.” He looks towards the slow moving clouds, “I guess I would have to tell you eventually.” Hi brown eyes, filed by remorse, sadness, despair, and regret faced the waiting crowd, “It happened back when I was a little kid. Back when my world knew peace. A damnable traitor led the Angel of Death into our midst. My father and I were playing when a dark cloud appeared”
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~flashback~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
 
Young Gio and his father are playing around in an open field, “Come Gio! You can't catch me!”
 
Gio pounces his father, “Got ya!”
 
“Ah!” His father playfully screams, “Help! Help! Gio's got me! Help me!”
 
Gio fakes an evil laugh, “You cannot escape foolish mortal!”
 
“Or can I?” Gio's dad grabs his son and proceeds to tickle him, “Gottcha!'
 
Gio laughs, “No fair!”
 
“All is fair in love and war.” They wrestle for a moment then Gio knocks down his father. His father grabs and hugs him. He looks up, “Looks like a storm is coming. We better get back home to Mum.”
 
“Okay Dad,” Gio and his father stand up when the cloud gives an evil laugh. They both turn and see a figure riding the cloud.
 
The figure spoke in a deep, thundering, unnatural voice, “So we meet again. I have returned as the Angel of Death. Now, I will escort you to the other realm!” The Angel of Death lunges at the frighten gundams.
 
Gio's father pushes the young gundam, “Run! Get out of here! Warn Mum! Run!” Gio scrambles to his feet and flies off leaving his father to fight to impending evil.
 
Scared out of his mind, Gio flees yelling at the top of his lungs, “Mom! Mom!”
 
Gio's mom turns around and catches her frighten child, “Gio what's wrong?” She then sees the Angel of Death and gasps. Gio's father gives a final yell as he is consumed by the darkness. Death Angel then turned his attack on the mother and son. With out missing a beat, Gio's mother runs carrying her child. She flies as fast as possible but it is no use. The Angel of Death grabs her foot. Fearing for her life and her son's, she tosses him into the air yelling, “Run! Hide! Get out of here!” Gio takes flight and flees again, listening to his mother's screams.
 
Death Angel laughs again, “Don't think you can escape little boy!” Gio dashes around and finds a place to hide amongst bramble and tangled vines. The Angel of Death lands near his hiding spot taking on his true form. An evil grin stretched across his face reviling metallic fangs, a pair of glowing red eyes that seem to pierce the air. Gio breathes in shallow breathes staring at his parents murderer.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*endflashback~*~*~*~*~*~*
 
Gio shivers, “That face, I can never forget it. To this day I am quite possibly the only one to ever see his face and live. His image haunts my every memory. This bandana is all I have left to remember my parents,” He closes his eyes, “Now you know my reason for fighting this evil.” The audience stared at him wide-eyed.
 
Shute breathed, “Whoa….”
 
“Unbelievable,” said Bakuhamaru.
 
“Oh, by Mana,” Zero whispered.
 
“This guy puts the Dark Axis to shame,” said Zapper.
 
Baku stood in disbelief, “How is he still alive?” Everyone else was lost for words.
 
Captain breaks the silence, “Genkimaru, he has answered enough. Release him.”
 
Genki nods and gives the order, “He's free to go for now.” The zakos undo his bonds.
 
Gio rubs his wrist, “Thank you.”
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
 
After leaving Genkimaru, the Gundam Force continues their screech across Ark. “Gio,” Fleur started, “why did you not tell us of your hardships? You shouldn't keep something bottled up like that.”
 
Gio gives her a sour look, “You are a princess. What do you know of hardships?”
 
Fleur steps in front of him, “More then you may think. My home of Skylark was over run by demons under the command of EagleEye. I nearly died saving those I held dear. If not for the Gundam Force, my home would be gone.”
 
“Skylark?” Gio asked, “Never heard of it. And as far as I know, the Gundam Force has never stepped foot on such a place.”
 
“Then you know less about us then you think,” Zero spoke up, “She is a member of the Force and speaks the truth.
 
“Never heard that story,” Gio replied.
 
“It's the truth whether you believe it or not,” Fleur stated slightly annoyed.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
 
“Say what!?!” Britainmaru shouted.
 
Chief Haro is seen on a hovering screen, “That's one of the scariest tales I've heard in a while.”
 
Bakuhamaru and his team nodded, “That's all we gathered from him.”
 
“You couldn't discover his homeland's name?” Britainmaru asked.
 
Bakuha shook his head, “He said he couldn't say.”
 
Haro groaned, “This guy is very stubborn with information.”
 
“I don't trust him, not one bit,” stated Britainmaru.
 
“Come now gents,” said Rubbish, “Master Gio is an honorable lad and would never hurt a friend. Nor any of you for that matter good fellows.”
 
“Shut it pipsqueak!” Britain snapped.
 
“Still,” said Haro, I believe he is hiding something critical.”
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
 
“That's it?” Kibaomaru asked Genkimaru, Cobramaru, and the Dark Axis trio.
 
Genkimaru nodded, “That's all we got this time.”
 
Kiba groans, “You need to get more out of him. We need to know everything he knows.”
 
Genki cocks his head, “What for?”
 
“Ark's safety,” Kiba answered. The musha emperor crosses his arms, “I have a strange feeling about this new comer.”
 
“Like what?” Zapper asked.
 
“He's lying,” Kiba bluntly stated.
 
“You really think so?” Genki asked. Kiba nods. Genki scratches his head then snaps his fingers, “Cobramaru I want you to spy on Gio. If you find out anything useful, report back immediately.
 
“Yes, Lord Genkimaru,” Cobramaru vanishes.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
 
Gio lets out an exhausted sigh, “Another day lost. I'm beginning to wonder if this is even worth it.”
 
“We've just started,” said Shute, “You can't give up yet. Your home is depending on you”
 
“I know,” Gio replied, “But this is like finding a needle in a haystack.”
 
“You can't expect it to be this easy,” said Captain, “We need to continue searching.”
 
Bakunetsumaru yawned, “Enough searching for one day. It's time for sleep. My village is it just beyond that bend.”
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
 
ZAKO ZAKO HOUR
 
Z1: Hello and welcome to today's Zako Zako hour. Today we're talking about
Z1, Z2, Z3: Gio's secrets zakos!
Z1: Zako zako!
Z2: While we did manage to discover some things there are still many questions on this list *pulls out scroll*
Z3: I wonder why he's being so stubborn with information zako?
Z1: Who knows zako?
Z2: At least why got some major info from him zako. But there's still the matter of his weapons
Z1: Like what zako?
Z3: For one, I swear I've seen them somewhere before zako.
Z2: I know zako. Great that's going be bugging me all night now.
Z1: We'll figure it out. Anyway for the future of the Genki Power Squad, Zako soldiers fight! Yeah!
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Sorry for the short crappy Zako Zako Hour. It's late. Off to sleep. Review please.