Shaman King Fan Fiction / Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / Last Exile Fan Fiction ❯ To Fly on Silver Wings *Remixed* ❯ Oh my! A new bishie! o.o ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

I am hereafter writing the story in the format used in the original TFOSW, so get used to it! *blows raspberry* >XP
 
After the making and devouring of several batches of Peanut Butter Fingers...
LK: Mmmm... that was delightful. *licks lips*
Yoko: *nods contentedly as he leans back against a pile of pillows*
LK: *fidgets, feeling bored now that her hunger has been satisfied* I wonder how everyone else is doing?
Yoko: I bet that they're fine.
LK: *jumps up* I'm gonna throw another party!
Yoko: *groans* Another? I just finished cleaning up after the last one! :gonk: (A/N: If you are a frequent visitor of Gaia Online, you know what I mean.)
LK: Aww. Thank you. *kisses Yoko on the cheek*
Yoko: Hmph. Don't think that makes up for it. *is secretly pleased*
(Y/N: Oh really? LK/N: Quiet.)
LK: I'll go and send the invitations! *whips out her computer and quickly sends emails to YSYF, Hikaze, and others.* (A/N: Too lazy to get up and figure out who else is included, the guests are coming next chapter. :nods:)
LK: *after sending the last email* You know... While I was sleeping...I had an interesting dream. *nods to herself*
Yoko: *glances over* Really? Do tell.
LK: No, you'd think it's silly.
Yoko: Have I ever laughed at your dreams?
LK: *thinks, then shakes her head* Not that I can recall. ...Fine. I was dreaming about...*launches into a description of the series of Last Exile*
After two hours, during which the sky becomes covered in dark, ominous clouds and thunder rumbles in the distance...
LK: ... And the last thing that I can remember is seeing the guy being swept up into the Grand Stream and disappearing into the maelstrom of winds. *leans back, her throat slightly sore after all that talking*
Yoko: *still processing all of what LK said* Okay... *is silent for a while, cleans under his nails*
LK: The strange thing is that it all seemed so real... I mean more real than my dreams usually are. Like it was taking place right before my... eyes... * voice drifts off and eyes focus on something no one else can see*
Yoko: Uhh..LK? *waves his hand in front of LK's eyes* Helloooo. Earth to LK. Earth calling LK. Is anybody home? *tweaks her nose* Are you there?
LK: ...he's coming... *gets up and walks to the door, eyes still focused on nothing*
Yoko: Eh? What are you talking about? Who's coming? LK! *gets up and follows her*
LK: *goes out the front door and is instantly soaked by the thunderstorm that has suddenly become worse, walks across the lawn*
Yoko: You know, I really hate when you get like this. *grimaces and picks up an umbrella, opens it and steps out into the freezing rain* The last time you were like this, I had to clean up dead fish off the dining room floor for a week. *catches up with her and yells above the thunder to make himself heard* Come inside and explain just exactly what the hell is going on before...*runs into LK, nearly knocking her over and falls on his butt in the wet grass* Arg! Tell me when you stop next time so that I won't bump into you! *stands up, making a face at his muddy clothes and fur* Rrrgh! I hate when this happens. Now I'm gonna have to wash these all by hand and...
LK:SHHH!!! *points at the sky* Look. He arrives.
Yoko: *glances up to see a large metal object falling towards them* O.O Holy SHIT! *grabs LK by the arm and runs, dragging her behind him*
After things settle down...
Yoko: *lying on the ground* Is it over yet? *brings up his head, shaking the mud from his hair* LK?* hears a muffled groan from under him and quickly gets up* LK! Are you alright? *helps her up*
LK: I've been better... what happened?
Yoko: You went into one of those creepy spaced out moods again.
LK: I figured that out. I mean what happened here? *indicates the furrow of dirt that the ship left behind as it skidded across the ground during the crash*
Yoko: That came from the large metal thing that fell from the sky.
LK: [sarcasm] Ahh. That explains everything. [/sarcasm] *gets up and climbs towards the smoking wreckage*
Yoko: Wait up! *crawls after her*
LK: *arrives at the wreckage and climbs into the cockpit* It looks like some kind of ship. I can't read the dials though. *squints at the dashboard* Not that it would make a difference with this thing.
Yoko: *looks at the writing* It's Greek to me. (A/N: Rotfl!... never mind... >.>;)
LK: *climbs towards the back* Hey! There's someone back here!
Yoko: *comes and helps pull the unconscious person out of the back seat and lays him out on the ground*
LK: Do you think he's still alive? *pokes an arm and starts at the moan of pain*
???:...Luci..ola...
Yoko: Huh? He said something.
LK: Never mind that! We need to get him inside and cleaned up! He's probably injured! *picks up one end and Yoko picks up the other and together they carry him into the house and set him gently on one of the guest beds*
LK: I'll go and get the first aid kit. You go and boil some hot water.
Yoko: Hai, hai. I'll get right on it. *leaves the room*
LK: *quickly returns with a damp towel and the kit and lays it on the bed* Now how am I going to get you out of these clothes? *fumbles with the fabric before figuring out how the various zippers and clasps work, quickly strips him and blushes slightly at the discovery of no undergarments* Oop. *takes a spare dry towel and covers the sight* I don't need to be tempted right now. *tosses the muddy clothing into a hamper and turns back to pick up the damp towel and scrubs his body* Hm. I don't see any serious injuries. He's lucky to even be alive, let alone unscathed.
Yoko: *comes back with the water* Is he alright?
LK: It looks like he'll be fine. Could you do the laundry?
Yoko: *picks up the hamper and carries it out, grumbling* Yoko do this, Yoko do that...
LK: *ignores him and goes to get a bath and some dinner ready, leaving the Shop Fox to watch over the now sleeping form*
An hour later...
???: *opens his eyes to see the plain white ceiling* Ohhh... my head.... Luciola? Come here, Luciola. *frowns after a moment and winces at the pain this causes* Where is Luciola? He supposed to be here...wait... NO!
LUCIOLA! *breaks down, sobbing, curling up into a ball, ignoring the pain as all the memories come flooding back* Luciola! Why? Why? Just because I said to jump doesn't mean that you should have! Luciola!!!
LK: *rushes into the room* What's going on? What happened? *sees the teen crying* Hey! What's wrong? *sits on the bed and shakes the kid, yelps when she is grabbed around the middle*
???: *buries his head into her waist and sobs Luciola's name over and over again*
LK: *alarmed* Kid!! Kid!! Get a grip on yourself! *forces his head up and looks at him directly, and gasps when she recognizes his face* You're the guy from my dream! You're Dio!
Dio: *glances up at the sound of his name and stares at the girl in front of him* What the... Where am I? Who is she? And... Why am I naked?!? *yanks the covers up and blushes mightily* Wh wh who are you? And what are you doing here while I am unrobed?!? Luciola!! Guards!!!
Yoko: *walks in* Oh, so you're awake. LK, what have you been doing to the poor boy?
LK: Absolutely noth.. *is drowned out by Dio's scream of utter fear*
Dio: AHHHHHHH!!! DELPHINE!!! NO!!!!! I'm sorry!! I'll be good!!! I'll be quiet!!! DON'T HURT ME!!!!!! *dives under the covers and huddles up there, shivering in terror*
LK and Yoko: Eh? *totally confused*
LK: *recovers first* Dio, it's not her. *puts her hand on the form and feels him quaking in fear* Dio, dio...
Yoko: *realizes that he is the cause* I think I'll go make sure that the food doesn't burn.
LK: Yeah. I think you should. *watches as he leaves and tries again to get through to Dio* She's gone, Dio. You're safe. Nobody's going to hurt you... *continues to murmur to the shaking form under the covers and feels him gradually start to calm down*
Dio: *still hiding under the covers* Is she gone, Luciola?
LK: Yes, Dio. She's never going to bother you again.
Dio: *faint laugh* If only that were true... *comes out from under the sheets* Where are my clothes, Luciola? I want to go see Immelman... *trails off at seeing LK* Who are you? Where's Luciola?! *starts to shout for Luciola again before being interrupted by LK's hand over his mouth*
LK: Be quiet for a moment!
Dio: * tries to get her hand off his mouth and succeeds for a moment* ....be quiet? I'm Lord Dio Eleclair of the House of Eleclair, and mmm....
LK: I know who you are. Now be quiet and let me explain.
Dio: *grudgingly stops trying to talk and glares at her* Maybe she'll tell me where Immelman and Luciola and Alvis are.
LK: *removes her hand cautiously* Let's start by me introducing myself. I'm Lumina, and I'm the ruler of this house. This is the House of Moonfox and you have been unconscious for a while.
Dio: But there is no House of Moommm....
LK: *had replaced her hand* Let me finish. Your ship crashed into my front garden and I found you in the back seat and brought you here. There was no one else. And hold up a minute before you start falling apart on me!
Dio: *shoves his emotions back and forces himself to pay attention*
LK: I saw what happened to you. I watched as your sister, the Maestro Delphine, torture and brainwash you. I saw you as you tried to shoot down Klaus and Lavie and Alvis in the Grand Stream. I watched you cry over the loss of Luciola, thinking that it was your fault that he jumped from the ship so you could win the race. Now listen to me. You can't remember what happened after you were taken by Delphine, can you?
Dio: *shakes his head hesitantly after a moment*
LK: I can tell you what happened, but only after we get you something to eat and get some clothes on you. Do you understand?
Dio: But-
LK: DO you understand?
Dio: *taken aback, nods*
LK: *relaxes slightly* Good. Now I'm going to go get you some food. You stay there and rest. Don't try to remember what happened until we are here to keep you from going back into yourself. Understand?
Dio: *nods, scared and confused*
LK: *goes to the kitchen and sees Kurama putting the food onto some trays*
Kurama: Has the boy calmed down? *holds out a fully laden tray*
LK: *takes tray* Yes. I'm worried that everything that's happened to him is going to cause him to lose himself in insanity.
Kurama: I've got some plants that emit calming scents. Would that help?
LK: Yes, that would be great. Thank you so much. *kisses Kurama* What would I do without you?
Kurama: Mess things up royally? *smirks*
LK: Probably. *takes the food and return to the room that Dio is resting in*
Dio: *sits up at the smell of food and sees LK with the tray* Mmm! That smells good!
LK: I'm glad you think so. *sets the tray on his lap* Dig in!
Dio: *wastes no time and starts chowing down on every bit of food within reach, pauses while chewing on a buttery roll* This is delicious!
LK: *smiles* Good.
Dio: *slows down, feeling the initial hunger pangs fading away and start to savor the flavors of the various foods*
Kurama: *enters with two more trays and gives one to LK*
LK: Thanks. I'm starving! *dives into the meat and bread with a vengeance*
Kurama: No wonder, considering you ate only two hours ago. *notices Dio staring at him* Hey there. I'm sorry I scared you earlier.
Dio: Huh? *has some gravy dripping down his chin*
Kurama: *chuckles* Never mind. I'll explain later. You'd better wipe your mouth before you get food on the sheets.
Dio: *wipes his mouth with the back of his hand and licks the gravy off, quickly finishes off the rest of the food and waits while Kurama takes away the empty trays, quietly growing a plant that effects calm before leaving the room*
LK: *sighs contentedly* So, now that that's out of the way, lets get back to our earlier discussion. As I said, I'm Lumina, and you are a guest within my house. You have been through a lot and will need to rest for a while before you go anywhere. The bathroom is through this door and if you need anything, just holler and either me or Kurama or Yoko, depending on which form he's in, will come and tend to your needs. Any questions?
Dio: *thinks hard* You said that... you would tell me what happened after my sister... *shudders*
LK: Oh right! Are you sure that you're up to it?
Dio: *nods*
LK: Okay... *goes into explanation, answering Dio's questions when he interrupts, and finishes with him crashing and ending up here* And that is how you ended up in this bed under my care.
Dio: *feels as if a great weight has been lifted off of him, yet his heart still aches* So Luciola's...dead?
LK: Yes, Dio. But not because you told him to jump. He was never in the ship with you when you were chasing Klaus and the others. He was already gone when you regained consciousness the first time.
Dio: *is quiet* Luciola is dead. But not because of me...Delphine killed him, and she's dead. Immelman is gone, and Alvis, too. There is no Guild, no Anatoray, no Disith, no Sylvana, nothing. I'm alone. Alone...
LK: I'm sorry. I wish there was something that I could do. You're welcome to stay as long as you want, so there's no need to worry about that. *watches him in silence for a while* You need to get some rest. If you need anything, you know what to do. *gets up and leaves, closing the door behind her*
Dio: *slips under the covers and cries himself to sleep*
----------------------------------------------------------------- --------------------------------------------------------------------------- ---
LK: *wakes up to birdsong, wincing at the sunlight filtering through the window* Five more minutes... *grimaces, gets up, opens the window, takes out a double barreled shotgun and fires at the birds* SHUT UP ALREADY! *smiles after a moment at the silence and closes the window* *gets dressed and walks downstairs, sees Yoko cooking breakfast* Hey.
Yoko: *looks up* Morning, sleepyhead. Sleep well?
LK: Alright, I guess. How's our patient?
Yoko: He hasn't made a sound since you left yesterday evening. He might be going into withdrawal.
LK: *sighs* I was afraid of that. I guess I need to go check up on him... *sees something out of the corner of her eye and pounces* Gotcha! *holds the squirming thing up to eye level* EH? What in the world is this doing here? *shows it to Yoko*
Yoko: * glances at it and shrugs* It showed up yesterday after you came back from work. I figured you brought it home.
LK: You know I don't bring home the merchandise. The only exception are the Shop Foxes, and I own them. *looks more closely at the critter* Hey. I've never seen this one before. Must be a new one. *gets an idea*
I wonder...
----------------------------------------------------------------- --------------------------------------------------------------------------- ----
Dio: *wakes up to silence and the sight of unfamiliar surroundings* Where am I? Where's Lucio... *remembers yesterday's events* Oh yeah... He's gone... Along with everything else that I've ever known.
*shuts his eyes, a tear rolling down his cheek* Everything's gone. I'm all alone... *listens to the birds singing outside his window* Nothing matters anymore. I just want the pain to stop...*hears the door opening and lies there quietly, hoping that the person will go away*
LK: Dio? *comes over and sits on the bed* Dio, you need to get up and eat some breakfast. *hears a murmur* What?
Dio: I'm not hungry...
LK: *sighs* Well, just tell me when you are and we'll feed you. But you'll need to get up and move around. Sitting here and thinking of the past will not help you get over it any easier. *getting no reply, she leaves the gift on the bed and leaves the room* Your clothes are at the end of the bed if you want them.
Dio: *lays there for a while, then gets up and looks out the window at the sky* Looks like a clear day today. *turning, he reaches for his clothes and feels something under them* Huh? What's this? *lifts up the clothing and yelps when two eyes are revealed staring back at him* What the...? Lumi!
LK: *rushes in* What is it? *sees the critter* Oh that. It's for you. *picks it up*
Dio: What? For me? *eeks when it is placed in his lap* What is it?
LK: It's a Bomp. (A/N: HA! I fit it in! *dances and goes neener-neener-neener until hit upside the head by a thrown can* Ouch. o.x)
Dio: A what? *eyes it warily as it eyes him back*
LK: A bomp. I sell these for a living. They're pretty popular. *watches in amusement as they stare each other down* I'm giving it to you as a gift. That one is a kitty bomp. *picks up Shop Fox One* This is a fox bomp.
Dio: Okay... Is it going to bite me? I think it's growling...
LK: It's purring. That means it likes you. *guides his hand to pet the bomp*
Dio: Its so soft! *smiles, pets the bomp*
LK: It needs a name.
Dio: *thinks hard for a moment, then grins* I'll call him Eyris. *picks up the bomp and looks it in the eye* Do you like your new name, Eyris? *laughs when the bomp meows at him* He says he likes it!
LK: That's great! *stands up and reaches down to him* Ready for some breakfast?
Dio: *looks at the hand, then up at LK and smiles* I'm starving!
 
Next chapter: The guests arrive!!! ^.^
 
I'm sorry this took so long! *bows and bumps her head against the floor*
I've been really lazy about this and I'll be more quick with the next chapter!
Yoko: Yeah right. -.-
Hush, you. -.-;
Dio: *eats breakfast* <3