Shaman King Fan Fiction ❯ Happpy Birthday Ren! ❯ While you sleep, I sing! ( Chapter 8 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

This story has slowed down a hell of a lot, but hopefully it will have some interesting parts for you (the reader).
P.S. I think westlife are really sucky but the songs lyrics slightly reminded me of the odd couple so included it, it all this other writers fault after she did a story with a song in it any way sorry!
 
 
Happy Birthday Horo!
 
-Later that night-
 
Ren had been vomiting up the contents of his stomach all day nearly, even though he had not eaten. He was going to try eating something but the sight of it made him wretch for going on 10 minutes before finally stopping. Horo tried a million ways to make Ren feel better by massaging, naprapathy and an endless list of groping methods which even though didn't make Ren feel better certainly made Horo feel better. Ren looked at the clock to see that the day was almost gone, he only had tonight and most of tomorrow to spend with Horo in Alaska before they had to go home, if he was well enough to fly back. He hated being sick, being made a fuss of by Horo and being physically weaker because of this invading enemy that hide deep under his skin attacking fiercely. It was not going to win as long as Ren had something to do with it; he was determined to get walking around and doing his normal routine, with Horo following him around like a lost sheep. Horo even wanted to read Rens book out to him. He didn't want Ren to strain his eyes and with Ren still being Ren simply hit his source of annoyance. The day was ending on a sour note as Ren tried to beat Horo off with a rolled up newspaper.
 
(WHACK)
 
Horo: Ow! Why you keep doing that?
 
Ren: Because you have failed to get the message!
 
Horo: Come on Ren you should be in bed resting up
 
Ren: I fail to see how I could do that when every five minutes you find another way to destroy the hotel room or panic over every slight little thing…
 
Horo: I told you about that, it looked like you weren't breathing. You're a sound sleeper!
 
Ren: I am NO child Horo! You're treating me like a newly born
 
Horo: I don't care I'm going to make sure you get better, any way I see fit. (Stern and yet loose facial expression followed by a whack to the head)
 
Ren: Don't get fresh with me Horokeu Usui!
 
Horo: Since when do you use my full name?
 
Ren: Since it is you that is acting like a lost child, I'll talk to you like one!
 
Horo: I'm sorry Ren-koi. I swear I'll be good while you go to bed
 
Ren: No, I can't leave you alone in here with out supervision (sighed heavily and slumped over still holding the newspaper) you already wrecked the place once
 
Horo: That was an accident, I tripped
 
Ren: And took the television with you pulling the wall socket off along with a lump of plaster around it… It's proving far too costly to leave you alone
 
Horo: OK, if you don't want to leave me alone I'll go to bed with you (Snook up behind Ren and put himself across Rens back slipping away the newspaper and placing his hand in its place)
 
Ren: Fine, but you better not start groping me again
 
Horo: Deal! But I can still snuggle, cant I?
 
Ren: …Fine…
 
Ren was feeling charitable, plus he had to admit Horo was both a good pillow and a great replacement for an electric blanket. Horos warm nature helped too, he was always forth coming about things and never held thing back unless he felt he had to. Horos open nature shone the most when he was with Ren, mainly because he had already been so very intimate with Ren which probably explains why he is being so bold with his protective nature when usually he's more sneaky and deceptive about it. Ren wasn't sure he liked this side of Horo, he had to admit having Horo care so much was a blessing but his clumsy and presumptuous attitude was too much like the way he acted with his sister and Ren really didn't like being treated like a sibling by his lover. He just kept saying to himself `once we get up tomorrow I'll make sure he gets to see what I planned for today, then we can leave this icy wasteland behind'. Horo slowly lead Ren to the bedroom and they both laid down not bothering to get under the newly laid sheets that Ren had changed because he couldn't stand them being in that kind of mess, which they had caused. Ren let Horo wrap his arms around his body pulling him up against him while Ren limply laid his hands on the others chest and put his face into a comfy position onto the older shamans slightly more masculine form. Horos chest began to ease into a set of low, deep breathes that matched Rens in a simple motion of relaxed inhales and exhales. Rens stomach earlier had twisted into a knot leaving him with the contents spilling out into the nearest container, now it just made light movements and lay content with this still position. Ren slowly wrapped his legs into Horos and let Horo play around with his hair trying to amuse himself, Ren drifted asleep leaving Horo there to simply watch, he wasn't tired at all because of his sunny and exuberant personality he got bored easy, he saw how deeply Ren was sleeping and decided for his own amusement he'd see how much he could get away with without Ren waking. He first kissed Rens cheek getting no response, then let Rens body lay out flat with his back to the bed, he made absolutely no movement. Horo smiled to himself wondering what ways he could amuse himself and he smiled mischievously racking his brain to find what little things he should start with. While trying to think of more cruel or fun ways of playing with Rens excessively dormant sleep Horo slowly began to move one hand over Rens body.
 
Horo looked down at Ren who just laid there with a tired and faintly innocent facial expression making Horo feel even more amused at his playful actions. He slid one hand just up under Rens shirt and stroked his stomach lightly then brought his hand out and over Rens shirt, he leant down and kissed Ren on his lips just, he placed another kiss on the end of his nose and one more on his neck before pulling up right next to his slumbering love taking on digit to the pale skin of Rens arm and stroking up it making Ren flinch slightly and move his head so it faced Horo but he never woke or opened his eyes. Horo again placed a kiss on Rens lips feeling they were dry and cold. He slowly began kissing running his tongue along the upper lip of Ren then his lower lip. He kept his lips pushing against his special others lips warming them up. He put one arm over Ren and slowly moved it down his arm. Ren mumbled and Horo was sure he was busted but it was just Ren dreaming about something, he was quite interested so did more groping and started talking to Ren, he kept whispering words into Rens ear and eventually he got a faint response but Ren still was not really awake. Horo carried on with his whispers and questions
 
Horo: (Whispering) what you dreaming about Ren?
 
Ren: (Mumbling slightly in an almost undecipherable manner) Ab-out some-one
 
Horo: Oh… who?
Ren: (slightly grunted before carrying on with his sleep murmurs) Y-ou
 
Horo: (giggled slightly before lowering his voice more and whispering in a teasing way) what are we doing?
 
Ren: Ou-r first steps in…
 
Horo: Yes (Horo getting interested)
 
Ren: Our home
 
Horo didn't understand what he meant by his statement he didn't pay attention to most of Rens words, he assumed Ren was home sick and completely ignored the terms used like OUR home; Horo really could be dim at times. Horo simply watched and thought to himself about the time they spent together, Ren curdled up slightly looking like his dreams had gone sour. Horo tried to sooth him but found his words had no effect so he began to sing the first thing that came to mind…
 
Hello, let me know if you hear me
Hello, if you want to be near
Let me know
And I'll never let you go

Hey love
When you ask HOW I feel, I say love
When you ask how I know
I say trust

And if that's not enough

It's every little thing you do
That makes me fall in love with you
There isn't a way that I can show you
Ever since I've come to know you
It's every little thing you say
That makes me wanna feel this WAY
There's not a thing that I can point to
'Cause it's every little thing you do

Don't ask why
Let's just feel what we feel
'Cause sometimes
It's the secret that keeps it alive
But if you need a reason why

(Chorus)
Is it your smile or your laugh or your heart?
Does it really matter why I love you?
Anywhere there's a crowd, you stand out
Can't you see why they can't ignore you
If you wanna know
Why I can't let go
Let me explain to you
That every little dream comes true
With every little thing you do

It's everything, everything you do
That makes me fall in love with you
It's everything, everything you say
That makes me feel this way
 
Ren then had a faint smile spreading across his face and still he carried on with his sleeping. Horo blissfully laid down next to Ren and smiled cuddling up to Ren and falling asleep after a few moment taking in the fragrance of Rens hair that smelled like fruit because of the hotels herbal shampoos. They stayed like this all night not moving from their comfy places side by side in a graceful hibernation. They both had been a little wound up, Ren having being as sick as a dog most the day and Horos chasing around after this lone wolf became a little distressing for both. Tomorrow will be a lot brighter hopefully with something that Horo could relate to better.
 
-Morning-
 
The sun came up late so even though it was mid-morning it was still slightly dark outside. The lingering night threw Ren off making him stay in bed past what time he was intending to get up by until room service called up asking about the couple's plans.
 
(Bring Bring)
 
Ren: (Picked up the phone) mochi mochi (hello commonly used in Japan to answer the phone)
 
Room service: we are just ringing to confirm whether or not you intend to sign out today and if so what time and date you are departing.
 
Ren: We will be leaving later today at no specific time but we will be leaving before 5.00pm tonight, is that all?
 
Room Service: Yes sir and enjoy the day with us, Good bye
 
Ren: Sayonara
 
Ren slowly rose up letting Horos body shift slightly lying on his back with his mouth wide open. Ren got up and took a shower and took his antibiotics, he detested doing so but if it meant he'd regain full power quicker he was willing to take them. He had a song stuck in his head and he didn't know why, he had not remembered hearing it but it didn't stop it from taking over most his thoughts and its melody rang around his head. He walked into the bedroom seeing Horo had woken and was getting dressed. Horo looked at Ren and then smiled. Ren walked over to Horo while Horo finished putting on his pants. Ren slipped a hand onto Horo shoulder and leant in, before he sealed a kiss on Horo lips he whispered to Horo softly `I have a surprise for you today before we go home. They lip locked for a minute or two before swiftly pulling apart so that Horo could question Ren.
 
Horo: And what exactly do you have planned for today? (He hugged Ren)
 
Ren: You are always telling me about your quant little Ainu village and I found that there are some Ainu settlers around here; I thought you could show me some of your people customs. I have already looked into a few but you'll have to fill in the blanks
 
Horo: (pulled back to look at Ren) you really found an Ainu village around here? And you really want me to show you my people's ways?
 
Ren: Yes…
 
Horo: (a smile that was both surprised and grateful shone brightly and gracefully upon the Ainus features) I…I don't know what to say… I didn't expect this at all.
 
Ren: If you don't want to go you don't have to but I thought…
 
Ren was stopped from his ramblings by Horos lips that said a hell of a lot with out letting out a sound. Ren kissed back then lightly pulled back so as to pick up were he left off
 
Ren: So you want to go (He asked with a questioning look and raised brow)
 
Horo: Yeah, it will remind me of my home land, I haven't been back to see there in a long time
 
Ren: Good we'll leave as soon as we get a cab
 
(Ren started humming that song he had stuck in his head)
 
Horo: (began to sing some of it) Hey love
When you ask HOW I feel, I say love
When you ask how I know
I say trust
 
Ren: Where did you hear that song?
 
Horo: I heard it on the radio the night before we left
 
Ren: Hmmm, I'm not sure where I heard it but it's been stuck in my head all dam morning!
 
Horo: I think it sounds a little like us
 
Ren: Why would you think that?
 
Horo: I don't know I suppose it's just that the words kinda describe the way I feel.
 
Ren: You are very a very odd Ainu Horo, are all our people like this
 
Horo: Nope I'm one of a kind
 
Ren: Good I don't know if I could take more than one eccentric blue-haired pest (he said in a sarcastic and a little playful tone)
 
Horo: Hey!
 
Ren: We had better get going; we only have today left because we have a plane to catch tonight
 
Horo: Su Go I! (Cool!)
 
They both got their coats and called a cab, it arrived quickly and then they both climbed in and were on their way, Ren decided to wait till they got their before getting anything to eat because he remembered all that food he brought with him from his home land like whale blubber. It couldn't hurt to try something different. Ren sat back and listened to Horo go on about his village, Ren listened absorbing all the little details knowing how important it was to Horo and fiddled with a little black box he had in his coat pocket, he had it with him since the beginning of the trip and Horo had not found it. It was a surprise for Horo that he wouldn't soon forget…