Shaman King Fan Fiction ❯ Happpy Birthday Ren! ❯ Sad times can follow happy times ( Chapter 9 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

 
 
Happy Birthday Horo
 
-Arrived at the traditional Ainu village-
 
They both stepped out the car and looked at this very old fashioned place made out of crude buildings made presumably by hand, the Ainu lived in a peaceful area with only one road leading to it but this road was a dirt track road. They walked calmly over to the village and then stopped when they saw a few people look at them. Ren stood their feeling awkward as hell but his good hearted lover did not he smiled at everyone and received a smile back and then he stated a greeting in Ainu
 
Horo: Irankarapte (Hello)
 
A few people: Ahup yan! (Welcome)
 
Horo: Hey Ren this place is great; it's just like how our village used to be before… (Horo bowed his head going silent)
 
Ren: Before what?
 
Horo: Well, a law was passed that made our kind have to give up a lot of our traditions and celebrations. If we didn't we would have been put in jail or exiled for good… I guess it's nice to see what my grand parents were always talking about, they told me what my ancestors used to do and all the different ceremonies.
 
Ren: I didn't know about that
 
Horo: Well we got a while and there's a lot to see so want to get started
 
Ren: It's what we came to do
 
Horo: That over there is where they cut their lumber to build the houses, sleds and some of the finer wood can be used to carve into tools and ceremonial objects...
 
Horo showed Ren all around the village and translated all the language for him, Ren picked up on some words like Irankarapte which means hello and Apunno paye yan which means good-bye (go safely). The day went on and everyone seemed to be going about the normal daily routines with both Horo and Ren gazing upon there ways, Ren completely clueless just kept his mouth shut letting Horo rant on which went on for a long time. They came across a small area of the village that not many people were. Horo decided to get some food so went looking for the food leaving Ren there on his own. Horo got some whale blubber for him self which he loved and for Ren he brought back some boar which he had been given by a little girl who was learning how to cook from her mother. He walked back over to where Ren was and he was talking to someone who was nodding in response to everything Ren said. Horo thought this strange.
 
Ren and the man stopped talking the second they saw Horo and then Ren greeted his lover
 
Ren: Back already Horo? And look you actually managed to bring back food without eating it all first (smiled sarcastically)
 
(The man Ren was talking to slipped away and went behind some huts that were near by)
 
Horo: Hey! I'm not a pig, but I brought you back some boar
 
Ren: Any relation to you? (Smile grew bigger and more evil)
 
Horo: I'll get you back for that (Smiled in a way that said don't think about sleeping tonight)
 
Ren: You could try something but it would be futile
 
Horo: Don't worry I'll find something I can beat you at
 
Ren: Dream on (They started eating the food)
 
Horo: (Swallowing his food then questioning Ren) who was that guy you were talking to?
 
Ren: He's someone who lives here so he can observe these peoples ways, he speaks English and Japanese. So we started talking.
 
Horo: Oh, OK well want to see some more, we have a little time left before we gotta go
 
Ren: What about those? (Ren finishing his food and pointed over to the huts which the man had disappeared behind)
 
Horo: (Horo looked over at the huts recognising what they were) Oh they are called tunpus and the parents let there daughters stay in there to wait for a man to propose to her and her to accept. Want to have a look inside one.
 
Ren: Hai (Yes)
 
Horo walked into the hut seeing it was empty walked in and sat down by the table, he started to look around and Ren simply walked around looking as if he was waiting for something or someone. He fiddled around in his pocket and then perched himself by the open doorway. Horo started to explain everything he knew about the tunpus and marriage proposals.
 
Horo: The daughters would stay in here while they waited for their true love to come and propose to them, they would let them in and sit down at the table she would then get a bowl of rice…
 
(Meanwhile Ren had met the man at the door without Horo noticing and he gave Ren a bowl full of rice and something that looked like a spoon only oddly shaped, Ren went sat opposite Horo while he carried on with his history lesson with Ren putting the bowl on the table in front of himself. Horo didn't notice just kept talking)
 
Horo: And the woman would hand the bowl of rice to the man and he would eat half of it, he then would pass the bowl of rice to her and if she ate the rest then she had accepted the proposal but if she puts it to the side she had turned him down. So what do you think?
 
Ren had started eating the bowl of rice but stopped after half of it and pushed it over to Horo. Horo starred at the bowl then Ren who sat there and looked at Horo. Rens eyes were wide and his head slightly lowered but his eyes looked up at Horo in a way that yearned for some response. Horo began to wonder and tried to question Ren.
 
Horo: Ren? Is this…Is this what I think it is?
 
Ren: … (Pulled out the black box out of his pocket and put it on the table)
 
Horo was stunned and sat there for a moment knowing exactly what the box held; he slowly pulled the bowl right under him and ate the rest. He looked up at a teary eyed Ren with a loud utterance of emotion flowing from his expression as he sat there looking the happiest he's ever been. He looked so perfect sat there with the light from the window cascading of his hair making him glow angelically, Horo stared in amazement as one tear fell from his eye and rolled onto the table. Ren was crying and yet he didn't try deny it or hide away, he sat there open for the world to see. His divine soul seemed to shine at that moment, in fact Horo felt like he was looking at the blushing bride he always dreamt of… he could never tell Ren that or else he'd be dead for sure, no matter how much Ren loved him.
 
Horo stood up and walked over to Ren who watched him attentively, Horo sat by his fiancée and wiped away all the tears from his pale and heavenly skin then leaned in and sealed a kiss with Ren slowly letting his love wrap his arms around him. They slowly separated after a long kiss and stared into each others eyes reading each other as the usually did, the cold wind blew in through the open door and made Ren shiver and Horo giggle at this. He pulled Ren closer and then picked up the box from the table and opened it revealing a gold ring with a traditional Ainu symbol across it that meant `for the one I love', the inside of the ring was inscribed with `Horo and Ren'. He shut the box and they stood up still holding each other close as they stood side by side. Horo smiled at Ren and lead him out the tunpu. They walked through the village to the area where the cab was meeting them. When they arrived the cab had already arrived. In the cab were their suitcases, already packed ready so they could go straight to the airport. Horo turned back and said a big good-bye to the Ainu villagers receiving a crowd of people waving them off and shouting their good-byes. Ren and Horo sat in the back seats next to each other and the cab went off into the distance leaving the Ainu village falling into the distance but the memory of that place will forever remain with the two shamans because it is the place Ren proposed to Horo and the start of a new life for them both. Ren leant back into Horo and closed his eyes listening to the faint beating of his heart and the light movements of his chest that made Rens head move with it. Horo stroked Rens hair and wrapped his free arm around Rens shoulder so it stretched across his chest just under his head. They both stayed silent for a while before the cab driver started to flick through the radio stations trying not to focus on the two in the back. A familiar song came on and the two looked at each other with a tiny smile on their face. Yes, it was the westlife song Horo had sang to Ren (Ok don't shoot me I just wanted to add something in instead of rushing it…don't hate me). Horos face gleamed with a huge smile as he started to sing along to the song. Ren listened for a while and then reluctantly started to sing quietly as well with Horo smiling even more realising Ren was singing the song with him. He wrapped both arms around Ren and kissed when the song ended, Ren began to relax into Horo with his head below the Ainus neck, he started to ponder on the journey home and how Horo would be when they arrived to find they weren't going where he thought they were. Ren decided thinking about it now was pointless, it was done and that was that.
 
Horo watched Ren wondering about his blessed existence, he had a strong feeling about this but he felt like there was a bump in the road somewhere. He looked at the sky and there were clouds forming that made Horo shiver. He looked at the sky as if it were the enemy. He didn't like the feel of the dull clouds seeping out like an explosion across the sky, light rain sweep this feeling down to the ground like lightning striking Horo. His body flinched and Ren turned around to look at the fidgety person he was leant against. When he looked at his face he sank, it was so uncharacteristic for Horo to have such a look spread across his face. His lips were clenched together so tight they were blue, his eyes looked full of hate for the very sky itself, this trance looked deep and angry but at the same time fearful. He looked like the sky was trying to take something from him, something precious. The blue haired shamans gaze was tempestuous and his hands removed themselves from Ren and clenched up against the window as Horo was swallowed by a feeling of grief. Ren looked distressed at Horos restless mood and began trying to turn Horos attentions to him.
 
Ren: Horo, What's wrong?
 
Horo: I don't know. I feel something. It's the sky it's… It's going to do something and show no mercy and I don't know what it is but…
 
Ren: But what? (Rens eyes widened as he listened to the serious tone of Horos voice as he gritted his teeth with every response)
 
Horo: It's horrible. Nothing is making sense but all I see is the water being consumed by fire… because of the sky's wrath. The image is burnt into my head!
 
Ren: Horo, are you ok? Do you need to…?
 
Horo: No, I don't think it will last long. Maybe after we get home I'll feel better.
 
Ren: Sure?
 
Horo: Sure
 
He pulled his gaze from the sky and looked at Ren who weakly smiled to try encourage and calm Horo. Horo smiled back and leant his head against his lover trying to relax into his soft embrace. This feeling did not go but merely quietened as he turned his gaze from the huge empty blue and grey abyss that hovered over them. The sky was still whispering of misfortunes and lost time to Horo.