Shaman King Fan Fiction ❯ Happpy Birthday Ren! ❯ Crash and Burn ( Chapter 10 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Some of you may already know what's coming up next but ssssssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh don't tell everyone else. Lets carry on
 
Happy Birthday Horo
 
-Arrival at the airport-
 
Horo got out the cab and picked up his snowboard and helped Ren with all their suitcases. Horo glanced at the sky suspiciously but then pulled his gaze to the airport doors, he walked through and followed Ren. The place was packed unlike when they had seen when they arrived in Alaska. Now it was swamped with mothers and their children, fathers rushing around trying to find their misplaced sons and daughters. The hustle fell upon silent ears as Horos mind was already filled with noises of screams and terrifying gasps for breathe. It reminded him of the movie titanic and we all know how that turned out. His own voice was in there but fell into the same tune as the howling cries for help. He snapped back to reality at the gates of his plane then nothing. He heard the silence of death linger over his shoulder. He walked step by step through the doors and boarded the plane. Ren looked on at the pale and stiff posture of Horo in anguish.
 
They were about to sit when Horo froze looking at the seats he felt he'd seen a million times before. He gulped then told Ren to switch seats with him, he gave no explanation even thought Ren looked at him quizzically (is that even a word). The plane attendant made her announcements.
 
Flight Attendant: Please fasten your seat belt while the plane takes off, this is flight 666 going straight to Japan. The emergency exit doors are located here (points to each door) here and one at the back (points to a door right behind Horo). There are pamphlets in the back of your seats to show you what to do in case of emergencies…
 
This announcement explained all emergency procedures and so forth, Horo sat and listened to every word carefully, usually he went to sleep while she made the announcements but this time he didn't. Ren sat there and focused on Horos eyes that took heed to every word she spoke to the passengers. The plane lifted off the ground and everything ran quietly and on track. Horo looked over onto the ocean as the waves towered up and lapsed down in huge waves of icy cold seawater. It foamed like a ravenous dog would when it has been infected with rabies. Horo looked at the water seeing it engulf them and swallow fire. It was a vivid image yet the meaning remained hidden.
 
Ren pulled up to Horo and cuddled into to him trying to comfort without actually looking like he was. Horo gave him a smile but then he thought he heard a cry out for him, his name being shouted out by someone familiar. That familiar voice was Rens. Horo looked at Ren with unease and dread. The loud shout was followed by a deathly silence, nothing but Horos heart could be heard. A roar and jilt from the plane sent arms flailing and people screaming, screams that seemed too familiar to Horo. He quickly grabbed Ren and held onto his arms pulling himself further towards Ren until he was practically sharing Rens seat. Another huge jolt and then flames came from the left wing as lightning struck the plane. The sky was black as ebony with grey seeping over the sea making the waves jump and dance to the skies charnel charms. There was an explosion, which took out all the power. Darkness grasped around everything until the flames toyed around with the passengers letting them see only the end of their days. A loud groaning sound of twisting metal came from above Ren and Horo, then a sharp poll of stuck out of the roof of the plane digging down into Horos seat just missing him. If Horo had not pulled himself to Ren then he would have been impaled by it. Ren sat there with a shocked expression sealed onto his skin like a painting. Flames flickered around as the plane began to fall faster and faster. The people on the left were trapped in their seats as the flames imprisoned them; their bodies became unrecognisable, as they slowly turned black and charred. Horo took his belt off and helped Ren out his seat. He hurried together the people that were alive and opened the emergency door. The second the door opened the people were sucked out and blown in all directions. Ren held onto Horo for as long as he could but the force of the air tore him away. The sky still roared on as if laughing in amusement at this tragedy it has caused.
 
Horo hit the water and was instantly hit by the icy daggers of the seas unruly ways. He lashed out at the water pulling himself to the surface only to have the rainfall slap his face cruelly. He gasped for air as the freezing waters tightened his chest making breathing a daunting task. The current flipped him around like a rag doll; he could here something from the distance. Then suddenly a loud crashing noise of the plane hitting the water rang through the air. That image, it was the one that had haunted him. The fire and the water, just like his visions. He then thought
 
Horo: Ren? (He then started to shout for his love) REN! REN! WHERE ARE YOU? R-E-N!
 
Horo fell silent as he listened for a reply. He got none. He tried again this time his voice shook and his eyes frantically skimmed over the waters that swayed the wreckage swayed in. He saw only corpses float by; one was a child of unknown gender. The child's body was so burnt and mangled that they would need dental records to know who it was. Horo looked at the corpse as the waters dragged it around letting the blood mix in with the salty oceans waters.
 
Ren: HORO! HORO!
 
Horo: REN!
 
Horos eyes widened as he again looked over the waters trying to find Ren, he was sucked under by a falling wave as it crashed over him, consuming him with one big wave. He looked around into the dingy grey waters seeing light from the fires of the planes ungainly pile that still floated slightly. The fires shone through in beams making that one moment peaceful before Horo broke through the waters surface. Horo saw something breaking a beam of light... it was a person. He swam towards it as hard as he could; he slowly made some progress as the person too swam towards him. He saw it was Ren and doubled his efforts not bothering about the pain of the waters artic temperatures.
 
The two were just about to grab each others hand as a fuel tank from the plane exploded sending debris crashing on top of the two Horo felt a stab all the way through his arm as pain shot up his body. Ren was knocked unconscious as a part the debris hit his head. Horo saw no sign of Ren; he ducked his head below the surface and saw a blurry image. He swam down to the blurry image. He pulled to the surface using what little strength he had in his one good arm as the other struggled to keep hold of the body of the blurry figure. It was indeed Ren. Horo grabbed a piece of floating rubble and placed Ren on it as far as he could and held onto it keeping Ren on it. He could see the blood pour from several open wounds on Rens shoulder right arm and his head, Horo too had what looked like a broken arm which was twisted slightly, deformed by the movements and damage. Horos eyes turned to a cerulean blue as the cold made him shake and quiver. Rens body was worse his temperature was rising and falling like a yoyo. Horo stared up at the sky waiting for some sign of mercy from the dark grey never ending stretch of sorrow swam around in this void where the sun used to bless light upon the world. The sky carried on its snickering as the rain turned to hail. The cold air swooped down snatching away any heat and hope from the bodies of the few that had survived. Tearing winds and cruel whispers from the harsh sky made Horo ask himself why? Why him? Why Ren? What now?
 
The night sank in making the grey black and the sky slowly tired of this torment moving its unkind winds and rain on to the next victims of its fury. Horo stayed half way in the water trying to push pieces of torn clothing onto Rens head to seal the wounds but each time the water swept over them making it impossible for him to help. He remembered this feeling, a feeling helplessness. When Ren came down with influenza and all he could do was watch him. Again he's the observer.
 
-Hour's later-
 
Horo didn't know how long they were floating for but he knew hours had passed, he couldn't keep conscious for much longer, he knew Ren would die soon if he didn't get help. Rens body looked pale. Horo had managed to get Ren out the water but still that would not help him for long. In the distance there were faint noises, Horo looked to the sky with hope. His eyes could not fix onto the object over head, all he could do is wait and see if the thing in the sky was there to save them or not. The object got bigger and bigger getting what seemed to be closer and louder. It stopped then a blackish blob came falling down to them. It was a man he was there to help, he got something to carry Ren on but Horo then chose that time to lapse unconscious. Nothing but blackness ensued as death pulled at his leg trying to take him from the world he loved.
 
 
OK there is the stop line! I will stop because I got school tomorrow and I need to get ready. Anyway thank you all and I hope to update soon. I must urge you to read this story about Horo and Ren called invisible. It's the best and I keep having to threaten the writer to do more.
 
Rock-On!