Shaman King Fan Fiction ❯ Happpy Birthday Ren! ❯ Can't you see me? ( Chapter 11 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Hey, hope you enjoy and I won't bother you to much with my pointless natter so READ ON!
 
Happy Birthday Horo!
 
Whirling blackness with faint screams of terror still haunting every moment his eyes were closed. One cry out though stabbed his heart each time he heard it, every time that voice rose up out the shadows he too cried out. This nightmare kept recurring, only the face of a safe love can sooth the beastly storms that still thundered in anger and mocking laughter. Laughing at all the misery and pain caused. Chuckling at Horos attempt to rejoin Ren and be happy, just like he always wanted.
 
Horo woke up from this never ending cycle that played over and over in his head. His eyes went white and his breathes forced. He almost head butted the nurse that was patting his forehead with a cloth to get rid of the sweat from his forehead. Horos eyes looked around the room quickly assessing the surroundings before he jumped out of Bed screaming out.
 
Horo: REN!
 
Nurse: Please sir remain calm (putting her hands on his shoulders trying to calm Horo, but failed)
 
Horo: No! I need to find Ren where is he? Tell me!
 
Nurse I'm not sure who you're talking about
 
Horo: A Chinese boy a little younger than me golden eyes about this tall (putting his hand to the approximate height of Ren just below his own nose) and has his hair in a spike at the back
 
Nurse oh yes a Mr Tao he's…he is…
 
Horo: Tell me!
 
Nurse: He's in intensive care; they've kept him in sedated to try stop any swelling. I can have you taken to him. You were both brought in earlier and you both barely survived. I'm shocked to see you able to move, it's unbelievable especially since you were in the water for so long. You 2 young men are the only survivors of the 666 flight.
 
Horo froze at the statement running through the memories trying to determine what was real, the visions of the thousands of ways he watched the plane crash and everyone around him die ... including Ren and the actual crash. He sorted but to no avail. His head pounded and his arm caused him great agony. His breathing laboured and his heart paced at a risk speed. His eyes could hardly stay open and all his energy was put into that outburst. He had no energy at all but still he fought on trying to stay conscious long enough to see Ren.
 
Horo: Take me to Ren, I need to see him
 
Nurse: You need to rest you can see him in the morning, its late.
 
Horo: I need to see him now, I need to. I can't leave him there alone, he's not alone anymore. He has me! (Tears fell from his eyes forming a pool on the floor)
 
Nurse: But sir…
 
Horo: Now!
 
Nurse: … Ok … Come with me sir!
 
Horo followed as fast as he could with both hands on the nurse's shoulder so that he could walk, doing so with out her help would have ended with him falling to the ground. He dragged his feet along hurriedly but still his pace was that of a tortoise. They came up to 2 huge double doors with intensive care written across the top; she opened the door quietly and let Horo step through. The first sight he saw was Ren but it didn't look much like him. He had bandages covering most his hair and one eye. There was bruising showing from around the rim of the bandages from where the rubble that fell must of hit. His arm was covered in bandages all the way from his shoulder to below his elbow. His body was abnormally hot and fans were placed all over the room along with ice-gel packs covering parts of his body to cool him down. He lay there calmly not moving at all with machines making faint noises in the back ground. A drip was in his other arm with a blood pack attached. He had lost a lot of blood, Horo remembered that, he was trying to stop his head gushing and failed. Any hopes to help Ren were washed away with another wave; the sea found the worst ways to torture the two. Horo reached the bedside and collapsed into a chair. The nurse closed the door leaving him alone with Ren. The machines still made their noises but all fell deaf to Horo as all he could hear in his head was Ren calling his name as they tried to find each other in the deep waters of the cruel ocean. Horo put a hand on Rens cheek softly and began to whimper. His eyes were blood shot and tired. His eyes had no sparkle or life; his characteristic blue eyes had been swallowed by blood and blackness. His hair that usually spiked up held by his bandana fell down covering most of his face hiding his once playful stare leaving only a peek of the empty longings in his dazed gaze.
 
Horo: Ren, if you can hear me I'm sorry. I couldn't help you. No matter how hard I tried I couldn't! Why am I so helpless? … I won't let you get hurt again, never. This is the last time you will ever have to feel pain; all I ask of you in return is to live. (He started to sob uncontrollably and chocked up the rest of his words) I need you to live, I can't live without you. Ren I'll be here when you wake, I won't leave you!
 
The clock on the wall chimed a few times signalling mid-night and signalling the beginning of the next day. Horo turned to Ren and said
 
Horo: Hey, it's my birthday today isn't it? The only gift I want today is you (Horo leant down and kissed Rens cheek then rested his head on the bed falling asleep instantly)
 
-Late morning-
 
Horo woke up to the sound of the nurse talking to the doctor. She was talking about Ren and him.
 
Nurse: I tried to get him to stay but he wouldn't. He wanted to be here with Mr Tao.
 
Doctor: Have you determined the damage to his arms yet Nurse
 
Nurse: Yes its broke in 5 different places and his wrist was shattered. He may need some therapy on it but it should make a full recovery
 
Doctor: Yes well Mr Tao is showing improvement but he's completely blind and he maybe for good. Once he recovers we will try some surgery but nothing is final yet. For all we know he couldn't make it through the day. He barely survived the crash. His friend there was extremely lucky.
 
Nurse: I found this with Mr Horokeu, it was with his belongings.
 
Doctor: Put it in the safe, it looks expensive.
 
Nurse: I'll do it right away, he's very lucky to be getting married. Good thing he survived, or there might be someone left at the altar all alone.
 
Horos eyes started to fill with tears. First they don't know if Ren will survive then they said he may never see if he does. Then with out realising made Horo realise that he maybe the one left at the altar alone if Ren doesn't pull through. He started to remember the things he and Ren had gone through. Their first kiss at the fair, their first date at Kam-Fung the best Chinese restaurant in Japan and most of all the first time they made love. It was only a day ago. He loved Ren and couldn't love any other; he would be utterly alone with out the proud shaman he wanted to call his husband. Horo cried himself to sleep again trying to keep hold of those memories.
 
-Later that afternoon-
 
Horo woke when he felt the bed moving, he could hear some ones voice saying his name. It was Ren!
 
Horo: Ren!
 
Ren: Horo (gasps and looks around to where he heard the voice) where are you? Dam it why is it dark!
 
Horo started to cry again but contained most of it but didn't fool Ren who could hear his breathing being forced into steady pace and hear his small sniffs
 
Ren: Horo what's wrong, where are you, why can't I see you?
 
Horo: I don't know Ren, they haven't told me anything but…
 
Ren: What?
 
Horo: I over heard them say your completely blind and they don't know if they can bring it back.
 
Rens eyes widened but nothing but there was nothing in his eyes. His pupils were dilated and nothing but the faded golden colour remained, like a memory of what was once there. Ren didn't speak he just breathed heavily, he looked trapped. Like he was cornered by the predator and he was the prey, like a mouse caught by the cat. He didn't turn his head to look around anymore just laid there not moving and not blinking.
 
Horo: Ren? Are you ok?
 
Ren: …
 
Horo: Ren?
 
Ren: Yes I think so but…
 
Horo: What? Tell me what I can do?
 
Ren: I don't want to sit back and miss our life together; I don't want to think that I'll never see you again. I'm nothing now just a shell, what possible use could I be. I'm like cat with no claws. I'm nothing more than a burden…and I don't want to burden you.
 
Horo: No!
 
Ren: It's true if I am blind for good I'm of no use to anyone.
 
Horo: Stop it Ren! I can't believe you can think that, I thought you knew, I thought you realised what it meant when you asked me to marry you!
 
Ren: How could you be with me, it would be through nothing more than pity. I don't want your pity!
 
Horo: I love you, you idiot! You're always calling me a baka-ainu but really you're the one with out a clue…
 
Silence fell across the room as Ren turned his head away from the where he could hear Horos voice coming from and his eyes began to well up. Horo gulped down all his tears and began to once again continue his argument.
 
Horo: When I said yes I meant it. I accepted you in richer or poorer, in sickness and in health for ever and ever. (A tear fell from Horos eyes onto the bandages on Rens arms) I don't care if you can see or not I just care that you're happy with me. If you can't see that then I've failed you.
 
........................
 
Ren: No…you haven't, I just don't know why? Why would you love me when I'm always shouting at you, telling you to change or calling you names? Why do you even care anymore? (Ren sounded cold as if he already knew the answers and they were bad)
 
Horo: Remember when Anna kicked us out for making out in the dinning room; she said we put her off her food. You stood up for us, you always do. You care but you just don't admit it much.
 
Ren: Then why?
 
Horo: (Horo takes in a breathe, closes his eyes and begins to sing to Ren)
 
Hello, let me know if you hear me
Hello, if you want to be near
Let me know
And I'll never let you go

Hey love
When you ask HOW I feel, I say love
When you ask how I know
I say trust

And if that's not enough

It's every little thing you do
That makes me fall in love with you
There isn't a way that I can show you
Ever since I've come to know you
It's every little thing you say
That makes me wanna feel this WAY
There's not a thing that I can point to
'Cause it's every little thing you do

Don't ask why
Let's just feel what we feel
'Cause sometimes
It's the secret that keeps it alive
But if you need a reason why

(Chorus)
Is it your smile or your laugh or your heart?
Does it really matter why I love you?
Anywhere there's a crowd, you stand out
Can't you see why they can't ignore you
If you wanna know
Why I can't let go
Let me explain to you
That every little dream comes true
With every little thing you do

It's everything, everything you do
That makes me fall in love with you
It's everything, everything you say
That makes me feel this way
 
Horo finishes and then opens his eyes to see Rens face turned towards him his eyes although still dim gleamed with tears and a golden glow that only Horo ever saw. Horo leaned down and kissed Ren. Ren kissed back as hard as he could, they parted and Ren let Horo climb onto the bed and cuddle into him. Ren put his good arms over Horos bad one making him yelp with pain, Ren apologised and put his good arm around Horos waist instead. Ren remembered something and whispered into Horos ear
 
Ren: Happy birthday Horo-Koi
 
They both once again fell asleep resting up. Ren dreamed of seeing Horo once more, looking into his blue eyes and knowing that he was safe. He wanted to be able to glare at people and intimidate people with his fierce looks because really in battles not only were they crucial to win the fight but they were also crucial to intimidate. He knew he's be lost if he could never see, as he said a cat without its claws, a bird with out its wings. Tomorrow was not coming quick enough for him. He just wanted this to be a dream, a really long dream.
 
 
God I can't believe how mushy that was. I'm all for mushy stuff and the dramatics but that in my opinion was overly dramatic! Anyway tell me what you think and please tell me whether it rocked or was overly dramatic.
 
Rock-On!
 
P.S. read invisible if you haven't and also Hi to Chrissy who is probably reading this! Ha Ha bet your embarrassed now!