Shaman King Fan Fiction ❯ Happpy Birthday Ren! ❯ Let's go home ( Chapter 12 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Hey peoples of the fanfiction.net, read on and have your questions answered….
 
 
Happy Birthday Horo
Horo was woken from his sleep next to Ren by a nurse holding a phone
 
Nurse: Excuse me a Mr Asakura has rang for a Tao Ren and Horokeu Usui
Horo: (stared at the phone) Yeah that's us (grabbed the phone from the nurses hand and nodded as a sign of thanks)
 
Yoh: Horo! Ren! You there
 
Horo: Yeah but Rens asleep
 
Yoh: Thank god, we have called every hospital in the phone book. Bason and Kororo have been flipping out over the last few days first Bason was convinced Ren was dying then he calmed then both started bouncing off the ceiling screaming you both were in danger.
 
Horo: Are they OK?
 
Yoh: Sure they are but how are you and Ren? I mean after we saw it was your plane that crashed we freaked, even Anna helped to ring every hospital….but tell Ren that he may find a lot of numbers on his part of the phone bill.
 
Horo: Will do but when we get back ok
 
Kororo: Kor-kororo!
 
Horo: Kororo? Hey what's up?
 
Yoh: She looks pleased to hear from you, she missed you
 
Horo: I missed her too, what about Bason is he there. I'll pass on a message to Ren for him
 
Yoh: Nah Bason is hiding in his tablet, he feels guilty for what happened ya know how loyal he is
 
Horo: Yeah, he shouldn't feel guilty though it wasn't his fault it was…
 
Yoh: Don't even think that it's your fault it's just one of those things.
 
Horo: I guess
 
Yoh: Me and the others will come down to see you both were going to set off after dinner. Bet your both gonna be glad to see us (Giggles)
 
Horo: (sank and frowned) I will see you but Ren won't be able to…
 
Yoh: What? … Why?
 
Horo: (His eyes closed as he tried to calm his voice) He's… He's erm
 
Yoh: He's what? (Sounding concerned)
Horo: (Took a deep breathe and…) He cant see, he's blind and they might not be able to restore it…he will have to stay this way for a month before they can try to surgery, but they ain't promising anything.
 
Yoh: Oh… Well I'm sure everything going to be fine, tell Ren hi for us and we'll be up there supporting you both as soon as Anna is ready… she's letting me off training while I go see you both, she keeps reminding me the tournament maybe over but I need to be prepared for anything as shaman king… I wonder why I wanted to be shaman king again.
 
Horo: (cheered up slightly and laughed softly) you wanted everyone to call you `your highness'.
 
Yoh: Oh... Yeah I remember. (Giggles again) Oh well I'll see you soon
 
Horo: Bye… from both of us
 
Yoh: Bye
 
Both hung up and Horo put the phone down on the chair beside the bed and once again cuddled up to Ren smelling his hair and sighing with satisfaction falling into an empty slumber with neither nightmares or dreams clouding his thoughts. Just darkness quietly surrounding him while he regained his strength. The day went by quickly as both carried on recovering from their injuries. Horo had been informed that he will be taught what therapy he'd need to do to make his arm heal right, so he could regain full use of his arm without any problems occurring. Ren was given a white stick and told how he should go about using it. Ren put beside the bed and huffing at their attempts to help him, obviously he informed them he didn't need it. They told Horo instead knowing he would have better luck showing him than them. Ren still bedridden couldn't do anything really but sit there. Ren couldn't really do more after all he couldn't see, he pretended as if it didn't bother him anymore but he didn't really fool himself or Horo. He sat there and listened to Horo talk remembering what he looked like, his blue hair held up by his head band, his deep azure eyes that looked back at him in limerence. He remembered how his bare chest glistened after a work out and how sexy he looked when he wore those shorts. He loved every inch and admired it but now he'd never see it again. Never!
 
-Next Day-
 
Ren finally started to take notice of some things Horo was telling him but didn't really want to have to learn how to cope with out his eyes; he didn't want to think he would have to live like a blind man. Horo was in the middle of trying to get Ren buy a guide dog, Horo actually didn't think they needed it after all he would be with Ren constantly but Anna refused to let Horo keep animals and he thought this would be a perfect excuse, this didn't fool Ren who knew full well why he wanted a guide dog.
 
Ren: We are not getting a guide dog!
 
Horo: Come on they are really useful and can help take you around when ever I'm not there
 
Ren: And…
 
Horo: And what?
 
Ren: What other reasons do you have for wanting a guide dog?
 
Horo: Well it can help lead you around the house and keep you company if me, Yoh and the others aren't around…
 
Ren: …
 
Horo: Plus they are cute and mans best friend
 
Ren: The fact Anna never let you buy a puppy isn't part of the reason then (face turned quite serious with a twinge of sarcasm)
 
Horo: Well when they finish the surgery and you get your sight back we could maybe keep the dog after all it would be part of our family kind of like our child.
 
Ren: (Rens face went into a state that can only really have one word to explain it, FREAKED) our what? Are you completely daft?
 
Horo: Well neither of us can give birth can we?
 
Ren: Hmm, well it would obviously be from your side of the family then
 
Horo: (laughed at Rens statement then realised what he meant by it) HEY!
 
Ren smiled and lifted his hand presumably to look for Horo; Horo took hold of Rens hand and pulled it to his face allowing Rens hand to cup it. Horo then put his hand on Rens lap and leant in kissing him gently before sitting back down in the chair next to the bed and hold Rens hand with their fingers tangled together tightly.
 
Horo: I suppose adoption wouldn't be bad
 
Ren: What makes you think were getting kids?
 
Horo: Don't tell me you've never thought about it
 
Ren: I haven't
 
Horo: Imagine you me and 5 kids
 
Ren: (Chocked on Horos words holding his chest from the coughing) 5! 5!
 
Horo: Yeah little Ren Junior and Horo Junior and the rest we'll name after…
 
Ren: Horo!
 
Horo: What Ren darling
 
Ren: (Glowing red) don't call me that and what makes you think we are getting any kids!
 
Horo: Well a kid or a dog?
 
Ren: Neither
 
The door opened and Ren turned to where the noise was waiting for who ever it was to state their presences when he felt the presence of his guardian ghost he knew who it was.
 
Ren: Bason… and Yoh and the others no doubt
 
Horo: Hey Guys (smiled and waved at them all)
 
Yoh: Yo, woz up?
Morty: Hey guys
 
Kororo: KORORO!
 
Horo: Hey (Cuddles the little spirit)
 
Ryu: Hello my compadre, I'm glad to see you alive and well!
 
Ren: I can't say the same
 
Ryu: Hey I came all this way to see you and that's the thanks I get. Ungrateful as ever ey short pants
 
Horo: He didn't mean it that way Ryu, he meant… err …
 
Yoh: He means Rens Blind (says it as if it were casual or an everyday occurrence)
 
Pilika: (Runs in with flowers dumps them on the bed and squeezes Horo so hard he yelped with pain. She had wrapped around his injured arm making it shoot pain up his spine) OH HORO! ARE YOU ALRIGHT!
 
Horo: Yeah I'm just fine but you're crushing my broken arm
 
Pilika: Oh I'm sorry
 
Horo: No problem
 
Ryu had sneaked over to the bed and now was waving his hand in front of Rens face to see if there would be any reaction. Rens eyes and head did not move or flinch, Ryu started pulling the most stupid faces imaginable and soon Chocoloves joined in being a complete prat too. Horo threw a deathly glare at them and shook his head. They saw how serious he was and so deceased their taunting facial gestures. Yoh merely smiled at this thinking of how funny it would have been if Ren ha regained his sight right then and saw the two. They'd be in the right place when Ren beat them to a pulp.
 
Yoh: So when you two allowed to leave
 
Horo: We don't know
 
Ren: I say we leave now
 
Horo: I can sleep at home I don't need to be in the hospital for that
 
Horo: But you still have those head injuries and what about your eyes?
 
Ren: The sooner I leave this place the better; I'm not going to learn here
 
Horo: Well when your sight comes back…
 
Ren: If!
 
Horo went silent and the entire room looked at Ren with concerns. He wasn't giving up was he? None knew for sure. Yoh started off some miner chit chat again trying to help the tension ease up. Soon Anna and Tam (I nick name her Tam) came in and joined in the conversations a little. They were all soon laughing but Ren only listened in wondering what they were all doing, he couldn't see what they were doing or what was going on all he could hear was the laughter and all the different voices venturing from the darkness. Horo to was quiet and Ren noticed that among the laughs and talks Horos voice was no where to be found.
 
Yoh: I'm getting time off training to come here so it can't be too bad (Giggles looking at the bright side of things) I should thank you both for getting me out of another marathon (Smiles uncontrollably
 
Anna: You'll be doing twice as much to make up for this time up once we get back
 
Yoh: (Smile fades to a little nervous smirk) Yes Anna
 
Ren: (Leaned to his right slightly knowing Horo was sat in the chair and whispered so that only Horo could hear) Your being quiet
 
Horo: (Whispered back) I know guess I'm just tired (Smiled but the smile soon faded when it hit him… Ren couldn't see him smile)
 
Yoh overheard this and saw the expression on Horos face then he decided to leave them alone.
 
Yoh: Hey guys I heard the hotel were staying at has a pool, it sounds awesome. Want to go have a look and unpack. I'm sure Ren and Horo need their rest anyway.
 
Horo: (Looked up at Yoh appreciating the time alone with Ren especially now when he too was trying to cope) Thanks see you all later then. Hope you like the hotel.
 
Everyone said bye and then left leaving the two alone again. Ren sat and lowered his head feeling a little out of place. Yoh was known for making you feel better with one of his care free smiles but without his eye sight he couldn't be comforted by anyone. All he could do was sit back and listen to them come and go not really knowing what was going on. Bason and Kororo had stayed with them but Bason did not talk at all. Ren could feel Bason loom over his shoulder so he decided to see what was wrong with him.
 
Ren: Bason what's wrong with you? You're skulking around me as if you're lost
 
Bason: Sorry young master but I can't hep but feel responsible. It was I after all who first suggested you both going for some alone time. If I had just gone with you both we could have prevented this or helped some how.
 
Ren: It's in the past and it wouldn't have really made a difference. There was nothing anyone could have done about the crash.
 
Horo: Bason it's not your fault… It's myn (Horo looked down as he pleaded guilty to some made up or dreamt up crime)
 
Ren: (Ren was startled by Horos words) How was it your fault, you didn't know
 
Horo: I did know though
 
Ren: What?
 
Horo: When we were in the taxi I got these visions of screams and fire. The sea being covered in burning wreckage but I didn't know what it meant. I should have. The pictures got clearer and the sounds grew louder but I-I I didn't think it was real. When we got on the plane it was all to familiar I should of known, I should of done something. Instead I sat there and did nothing. I thought it was all in my head. I really am the worlds biggest Baka!
 
Horo started to grit his teeth and shook with anger, anger towards himself. The resentment he tried to conceal just blurted out. Kororo simply tried to comfort him. Ren listened to the anger in his voice realising that Horo had been angry with himself for a while, Ren could only think of why he couldn't of seen this resentment earlier, then again the fact he really couldn't see was the problem. He felt useless and a burden but now he's the reason Horo is sad and hates himself. Ren Thought hard about it then tried to put his thoughts into words.
 
Ren: Yes Horo you really are the worlds biggest Baka
 
Horo: … (He didn't say anything in response just turned his head away wanting to beat himself up)
 
Ren: (put his arms around Horo pulling him close) If you think that any of this is your fault your wrong. Did you think you were the only one who saw those things? I saw everyone on that plane die over and over in my head, I saw the corpse's burn for real and I thought I would have to see yours to.
 
Horo: You did, you had the same visions.
 
Ren: I didn't tell you because I didn't want to worry you
 
Horo: Same here
 
Ren: We both were wrong
 
Horo: I still can't help but feel responsible. I guess none of this would have happened if we just told each other.
 
Ren Turned Horos head and kissed him softly and sweet letting Horo wrap his arms around his body and kiss back. They stayed like this for a while but Rens body went heavy and his head fell leaving him unconscious in Horos arms. Horo looked at him concerned that he just lapsed unconscious like that. He shook Ren and got a little response and a yawn, he was now satisfied knowing Ren had just fallen asleep. He laid Ren down and then joined him. The predicted time of them being able to leave the hospital was a week. Ren couldn't have his eyes repaired or attempt at being repaired for a month, he would have to deal until then but no guarantees were given. The only thing they could do was wait.
 
-One week later-
 
A whole week had passed since the two were in the crash and they were at the reception desk collecting the papers forms and appointment list for any therapy Horo needed on his arm and any assistance Ren needed with his eyes. Ren had actually found weird ways to tell what someone was doing. When ever he heard a clink or clunk he knew it was just the food cart and in fact he could tell Horo when it was coming before Horo knew it was even turning the corner which he could never do before. He also found that when it was too quiet to expect Horo to jump up behind him and grab him. Ren soon stopped Horo from trying to amuse himself by making Ren jump. He actually found that whenever Horo lost something it always turned up next to the table under the covers or in his pocket. It was funny how he could now pick up on these stupid little things. He held Horos hand and they walked outside to the taxi. Yoh was waiting there with Morty. Ren went over and said something to Yoh getting a nod but Horo didn't hear what they had said. Yoh opened the door and let Morty climb in the front and Ren in the back followed by Horo then Yoh.
 
The drive was long and there were no stops along the way, Horo fell asleep but Ren sat there fiddling with a tissue tearing the corners then making it into confetti before putting it into a little ball of bitty paper and then putting it in the ashtray, then this process was repeated until all the ashtrays were full. He was a tiny bit nervous obviously. The ride went on for a few hours then they came to the Asakura residence. The car stopped and Horo woke up seeing they had arrived at Yohs place. Yoh got out and Morty followed then said good bye closing the doors and walking off without them. Horo sat their thinking they were just plain rude but when he made an attempt to leave the car Ren grabbed the door and closed it telling the driver to take them home.
 
Horo: What? We are home, were at the inn ya know
 
Ren: As I said take us home
 
The taxi pulled out and Horo starred at Ren as Ren just shifted around nervously knowing that Horo was starring at him. After only a few blocks they pulled up to this small house with a huge oak in the front garden. It was a plain building with a swing hanging from the great oak that towered beside the house. Ren got out and paid the driver and walked onto the path and waited for Horo. Horo got out and looked at the neighbourhood. He had walked past a million times just around the corner was a huge park that had some amazing wildlife, the park was huge decorated with wild flowers and a stream leading to a huge pond. It was almost big enough to be a lake and had some amazing Koi and all kinds of fish. Horo glanced at Ren who still waited getting a little fidgety and listening for Horos footsteps. He eventually walked over to Ren and grabbed his hand. Ren lead the way by tapping his white stick against the floor and slowly finding the path that lead to the house. He went to the front door and swept his hand across it finding the door handle. He reached into his pocket and pulled out a small key, he then used his fingers to find out where the keyhole was and slid the key into the door opening it with a click. He opened the door and removed the key; he stepped to the side and let Horo walk in with him following closely. Horo walked in and saw this beautiful house with a huge living room and dinning room. There was a TV in the corner on a wooden stand with a VCR tucked away underneath the shelf. The walls were white with navy skirting boards surrounding the room. There was a nicely decorated table; it looked like the one his mom had bought when he accidentally smashed the other one back at the Ainu village. He smiled and then turned back at Ren who stood near the front door not moving just waiting for a response. Horo felt kind of guilty he had been looking around this house that Ren wanted to show him and he had completely ignored the fact Ren couldn't see what he was thinking or feeling. He turned and walked over to Ren and kissed him, Ren didn't register it right away but soon began to kiss back.
 
Ren: (broke away from the eager lips of Horo) I take it you like the house
 
Horo: I love it. Did you buy this place for us?
 
Ren: (Nodded) I wanted to give you something special for your birthday and as you said we needed to be alone more often. Anna didn't help much with her dam ignorant rules. Not that we listened much.
 
Horo: (Giggled) Yeah, well were alone in our new home and I have yet to be given a tour, what you say we start off with the bed room
 
Ren: (Smirked) First I'll show you the...
 
There was a bang of a gate. The gate at the side of the house had been opened and then shut but by who. Horo looked at Ren then grabbed his hand and led him to the kitchen; Horo looked at the backdoor and noticed it was slightly open. He let go of Rens hand and then slowly opened the door to inspect the premises when…………………………& #8230;…………………….
 
You'll have to see about the rest in the next chapter, sorry but ya know if I ended it after then you might think there's no need to read the rest sooooo Read and Review but most importantly keep your eyes peeled for my updates!
BYE BYE NOT MUCH LONGER TILL THE END NOW!
P.S. thanks KimBob for giving me some advice on it! I would of probably deleted I all and spent days trying to fix a problem that weren't there if you hadn't helped! You Rock
Rock-On!